Is the "trading card game" playstyle well suited to video games?

Is the "trading card game" playstyle well suited to video games?

yeah

Yes, even more in the case of yugioh because of all the ruling changes and erratas happening during the last few years.

Yeah, especially for those that are either budget conscious or can't benefit from playing with physical cards at a shop. There are several free simulators for different card games you can even mess around with.

Absolutely, especially mobile gaming. Getting a few games in-between doing things and being able to play it with other people but without spending a ton on physical cards is a huge boon.

this thread is going to bring remorse

I still want a Yugioh game with all the cards up to Light of Destruction, before the game became terrible

It would be better if it was like the cartoon where all the cards were voiced, animated, and could actually battle instead of having two cards slap into each other.

You can play around some of the new shit just fine . I run Volcanics, which doesn't need a ton of XYZ support and it still kicks ass. In fact I only use one XYZ monster for some burn damage and as an easy defense.

YuGiOh was always the worst of all card games desu

that honor goes to digimon.

>I don't like this new cancer, I prefer this old cancer that I've conveniently tuned out my brain

Yes, because DAD Return, Lightsworns, Perfect Circle, Chaos and so on were just SO much better alternatives.

>digimon
>not dbz or naruto card game

Yes

The card game could die right now and people would still find new combos, make new decks, especially if the banlist got eliminated. The cardgame by itself is so degenerate and broken that it's fun. Think Marvel fighting games.

i play a shit ton of duel links so yeah probably

>that hand
how long did you try to perform a rasengan in real life?

i enjoyed pokemon TCG for GBC. hearthstone and others are a bit too casual for me.

No. Trading card games are normally pretty bad due to how completely grindy they are. There's normally some in game currency which you use to buy packs, with limited, or flat out no way to buy single cards so you have to beat up the weakest available opponent to keep getting that dosh because starter decks suck. There are two tcg video games that I've liked and it's the Pokemon one for the gameboy and the latest installment of the Vanguard game, Stride to Victory, if only because there's a system in that one where if you get more than a playset of cards, you get different coins which can be used to buy singles, the only problem is that you have to own a copy of the card first, but it sure helps when you're going for those RRRs.

I don't know if you guys in here have been keeping up with the current yugioh meta but it's pretty much lawn mowing (throwing half your deck into the graveyard in the first 3 turns) or zoodiacs for the consistency to do everything. Basically yugioh is currently full blown p2win irl right now.

I feel glad I haven't played any yugioh game since the last one on the DS. I get to stick my head in the dirt and pretend XYZ and Pendelum do not exist.

Card games have always been p2w.

Is the Vanguard game in english? Do you have the cia?

It's not in english. You just kind of have to fumble around with it to learn the controls and menu, but knowledge of the game and internet access for quick lookup incase you don't recognize something is mandatory.

I know how to play it so that's not an problem, just thought it had an english version.

How far the story goes on that game, do you know?

Ride to Victory (1) goes through Asia Circut, Leon is the final boss.
Lock on Victory (2) goes through Link Joker, Takuto is the final boss
Stride to Victory cuts off at at GBT-04 though, so nothing in the story is resolved as far as I can tell, however to compensate for that when you beat the main story you play through a bunch of different characters for side stories, like Misaki doing something with that indian girl who uses witches for example.

That's good enough. Thanks.

>throw money at the game's creator to win
No

The real digimon card game was shit, but the Digital card battle game on PS1 was GOAT. They just threw out all the rules and made it better.