Why is this fucking game so hard compared to P4 or even P3?

Why is this fucking game so hard compared to P4 or even P3?

Why is this game so bullshit?

>give boss like 6 phases
>refill his health twice
>last phase can use mudoon on protag to instantly kill him

What happened to the devs in their childhood?

Nigga the very first Persona you get is strong against Mudo attacks, just summon him from the compendium or something

Thanks for telling me that after I wasted fucking 25 minutes of my life fighting him, but don't worry now a single fucking bossfight lasted me an hour. Unless you want me to look up a fucking guide before every bossfight.

because persona is written well?

>Personafag sees actual gameplay for the first time.txt

Reminds me of Persona Q.

>Make Persona 5 actually hard like mainline SMT games.
>Purse owners can't comprehend it.

Is the game's difficultly on par with SMT games?

Hello welcome to SMT.

I didn't buy SMT though, I wanted to play a good game so I went with persona.

So why buy P5 if you didn't want smt?

*blocks your path*
Bet you thought this would be as easy as P4, huh Son of Man?
*Makouhas you*

>hard

Isnt there a DLC just for a harder difficulty?
I was actually planning to play on that once I start the game.

HAHA
WELL I TOLD YOU GUYS FOR 2 YEARS THAT THEY'RE GONNA GO BACK TO THEIR SMT ROOTS AND BLOW YOU P4FAGS THE FUCK OUT

Are you playing on Hard? If you are, then what did you expect?

I'm not a "p4fag" though.

just play on easiest difficulty. those games are filled with percent/luck based shit. why would you willingly frustrate yourself with that?

yes it's the most SMT persona game, look at the final dungeon

Nope
Nocturne wasnt even hard either

Why don't you just swallow your pride and play on Safe already

I don't know but I fucking love it.
Fuck blasting through everything in one night in P3 and P4

Because those number are meaningless if you know what you're doing

I'm playing on normal everything is constantly blue to me.

Removing the exhaustion mechanic really makes the game's difficulty dependant on your own personal time.

I played 8 megaten games and the only shit that is different r how enemies hit you for a truckload of damage this time around

Not even smt demons hit as hard

Why do bosses in Persona have such a fucking massive HP pool? Since the combat is so slow any boss fight takes hours.
Especially when you compare it to SMTIV:A where you can beat most bosses in less than 10 turns and the animations are fast af.

You are absolutely lying to yourself if you think there is nothing wrong with the artificial difficulty in this game. The DLC difficulty results in being one-shotted, with perma-death.

How do I get sp??

>everything is insanely expensive
>get 0 money on hard
>if Akira gets attacked first by literally anything you lose
Should I just play normal? This seems way too rng.

ever go to the bans page? the Sup Forums mod(s) are literally the saddest human beings possible.

But you can still do that you just need to not be terrible.

I'm playing on Hard and I'm constantly facing yellow/red.

I've found it a good challenge balance so far. I've got game over maybe twice in the first palace both due to bad positioning and my own mistake while battling.

Started on hard and just beat the first dungeon. I regret it. I can feel myself getting into an impossible situation and wasting hours on a failed PT.

oh my god im so angry hahahaha

i can't even rage anymore i'm literally kekking

Yeah, that's perfect.
It used to be way too easy

I'm not sure this is a good defense. Are you saying SMT is bad, so it's his fault for playing a bad game?

Because they all have gimmicks.

Anyone got a torrent for the ps3 version?

Fuck off faggot. You don't pirate good games.

I'm saying the series as a distinct reputation and what he said fits it to a T.

It's fucking 40$

>Be SMTfag
>5 is my first persona
>little easy but still fun
>read this thread

I never understood the hate for personafags

now I do

And don't you dare fucking watch a stream either.

EXP and Money Rate is the same on both Normal and Hard. The difference between the two is that on Hard, you hit less hard and enemies hit more hard.

Yes, it's called Merciless.

Not all of them

Don't worry, they hate you just as much.

meh, japshit is never worth anything

>SMT titles become more Persona-like
>Persona titles become more SMT-like
I don't know how I feel about this timeline

>EXP and Money Rate is the same on both Normal and Hard

Really? Its only Merciless difficulty that cuts your exp and money? Coulda swore it was the same for all of them.

what floor will i find a guard captain that will drop the left eye to the kamoshida statue?

2nd down from the floor the statue is on.

So you're saying Sup Forums isn't worth your time either.
Get the fuck back to your normalcancer shithole.

Feels like I'm broke as shit.

Good then I guess its not even worth pirating huh? Fuck off.

It's all on the same floor where you find the first one.

Can you still do that bullshit where you can fuse a fucker with victory cry and then inherit it to something else later really realllly early on?

lmao triggered weeb autists

>a distinct reputation
For being bad? I thought this was a conversation about game quality, not reputation. Instant death is an indefensible mechanic unless you can see it coming and are able to prepare for it (or, more simply, how about they stop giving game overs when the protagonist dies), and unless you think you should literally only use Personas that nul/reflect/absorb both hama and mudo, you can't prepare for it and can easily get screwed.

Get a job, hippie.

you have to go back.

>you can't prepare for it and can easily get screwed.

False. Git gud scrub.

>I'm bad at the game, therefore the game is bad.

Just buy it, you put good karma out there and are basically voting for good games to keep getting made. If you're gonna pirate go pirate older shit, really obscure shit, or AAA mass effect, CoD, Halo type shit.

>now i hate people who have trouble playing game
Nice work autismo

Genuine question, how are RPGs considered hard?

Is it just that you have to grind more? Or know things in advance? Or get lucky? None of those things are difficulty

What are you talking about? As someone who played Persona since the start which is 3, I love this guy

I'm sure the giant, multimillion dollar, faceless corporation appreciates your gallantry.

it gets better after first dungeon. I'm on third dungeon and the most bullshit unfair thing i encountered so far are those Archangels in first dungeon.

Whoa

it's almost like

it's called Merciless for a reason

whoa

crazy right

Fuck you. Fucking retard. Don't play on the literal hardest difficulty if you can't handle, spoiler, the hardest difficulty.

But you can prepare yourself against instakills, by ambushing, wearing certain accessories, fusing personas with specific defenses, etc.

Good rebuttal guys.

I really wanna play P5, but, I'm really upset about something. My Take Your Heart edition was for some reason cancelled. Should I just buy it digitally?

Well what else are you gonna do? Suck off a scalper for another one?

The timelines are merging. The only possible outcome is Raidou 3

Opinions on Morgana?

That's a boy cat

It's really easy on normal and really hard on hard. Kinda imbalanced desu.

Yes, you can reduced the chances of it. But you can't prevent it completely until late in the games (and even then, how many personas nullify both light AND dark?), it's still a roll of the die in the end. For regular damage this is fine, for instant death this is not. Also, you can't ambush bosses.

>I'm disgruntled because I didn't get the opportunity to spend 30 extra dollars on a poorly made backpack, teddie 2.0 plush, and a castrated soundtrack and art book.
It was a lousy premium edition, user. You'll miss out on nothing by not having it.

Would fuck

Have you tried fusing mudo/hama reflects on the persona _______git gud__?

They must've done something right if people are complaining about getting instagibbed light/dark again.

user. I paid for it from Gamestop's website, and then about a month before the game comes out, they cancelled my order, and I didn't get a refund. I don't know why.

A regular mob wiped my whole team from full life with one attack in the first dungeon. It can get pretty crazy. And that was with a damage move, not a KO move.

That little flag is the best part of this old as fuck design. It's so lame yet he beats your ass anyway.

>regular mob
You're supposed to grind at least a bit.

Because you're playing it blind. I think most people had some exposure to P3/P4 before playing them, like I knew the tricks to the P4 boss battles which made the game easy, plus stuff that you can do to get EZ stat upgrades. In P5 you have to discover and learn all this shit yourself unless you've played the Jap version or are using a guide.

I'm getting the game soon, might as well ask it here
Normal or Hard?

>Cancelled Refund
>No Refund
>Don't know why

Don't you think you should be talking to customer service about this issue?

Normal, you can do hard on your next playthrough if you feel like it

With a girl's name.

Nah. SMTIV is harder than this. P5 is only hard when you're slightly under-levelled. All-Out Attacks and the ridiculously simple "negotiations" make it easy.

>ps3 version

So I was checking google today and apparently theres now a way to install CFW for the PS3 using just a pendrive, is that for real?
And no I dont mean the jailbreak shit that was being sold.

>didn't think they could make a bigger slut than Rise
>the madmen actually did it

"Hard" RPGs are generally just being prepared for whatever might come up and knowing how to exploit the game mechanics to the fullest.

Get a job.

I wish that you had to send a picture of yourself to Hiro and if he had even an inkling of a doubt that you weren't over 18, you wouldn't be allowed to post. I genuinely believe that 90% of the people here are between the ages of 13 and 16.

He's charming I guess, but he isn't really as interesting or funny as Teddie.

Only on the second dungeon, but I certainly am not digging what may be the way you go about doing dungeons.
>Go perusing in mementos for clues.
>Takes a day.
>Get a lead, investigate
>Takes a day
>Get enough evidence to pursue the owner of the palace, but get locked out of the second half of the dungeon for arbitrary plot.
>Another day
>Finish the dungeon, place calling card.
>Another day.
>Fight boss.
>Another day.
It's been years since I've played P4 or P3, but I can't help but feel as though the investigation point prior to the dungeons opening felt more organic. Furthermore, the cat explicitly says that people with immense desires are the only ones with palaces. Why the hell are we waiting for a valid reason to investigate when the palace is reason enough to be suspicious.

>Madarame midboss
>First turn
>Ryuji does Zio, it's not weak
>Boss goes next, crits Lupin for 123 damage
>instant game over
Okay then.

Shut up
I already bought Persona 5