Fuck you Alfred.

>only character in the game that takes skill to play as and against
>"fuck this characer"

classical Sup Forums

>

*skill*

DO NOT FEED

>Fuck this piece of shit character

Fair play. His theme is fuckin awesome though.
youtube.com/watch?v=JGw8DWctAts

t. platinium and under shitters

thing is I'm unironically serious.

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

>gold
>acts like he knows the entire game
I bet your main is guile

You're right. Casuals have completely taken over this board. It's fucking pathetic.

SFV Is for casuals anyway

Is this a JoJo reference?

Fuck off

he's super saiyan 3

Get gud Sup Forums

USA the character is OP

As it should be

USAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSA

Tell me how to counter him then

>KFC Dance.gif

Man, I know this is bait but... I'll be damned if I'm not going to fall for it

>Skill
>Hold down block
>Throw best projectile in game while buffering down block
>They jumped, punish
>They didn't throw projectile, repeat steps

I honestly hope you're actually just an user pretending to be retarded and not actually this retarded.

Characters like him are the most uninspired and boring characters in fight games. Why play a fight game if you're not going to fight?

NOT OK

Sup Forums is full of pathetic libcucks. You only hate guile because he's a truly patriotic american

USA USA USA USA USA

Boy, it sure is a good thing I can throw fireballs at him to force him to approach or at least jump. It sure would be problematic if he had a projectile that trumped everyone else's.

Walk forward and block.

Stop jumping in bad positions that are easily anti-aired.

Just fucking learn so fundamentals and stop panicking whenever a projectile comes at you.

>walk forward
>starts doing uncounterable block string

My main is Ibuki and I'm Super Platinium

Whats your character ?

Vega

Ok user this is a nice opinion and all but to be oversimplyfing guile gameplay like this especially in SFV is clearly lack of knowledge. I'd be extremely surprised if you're anything above Platinium.

In order to administrate a great defense, Guile have to be ahead of the game all game long. Yes he's annoying to get in but thats the point of the character. His booms and flashes does 80 damage in average while any good get in can deal 200 damage and room to more through mix-ups. A single mistake with Guile can cost you the game and to win you have to make dozens of good call.

Lol good luck :^)

SONIC PUM PUM

:)

>spinning backfist
>spinning backfist
>sweep
>un-throwable upside-down kick
>dizzy
>148 hit combo with vtrigger you have to sit through for 2 minutes while you theorize how you can find creative ways to kys in real life because fuck this game

I love guile in every game except this one

>the only defensive character in the game
>normies hate him
That is why every single character on SFV or is a grapple or a rushdown. Good job ruining SF.

>defense characters arent the casual ones

This is literally the problem, you're literally saying what the fuck the issue is and acting like it's not a problem.

>A single mistake with Guile can cost you the game

While this sentence is true for every character, they all have to work harder for it. It takes timing and resources to properly punish on other characters.

>and to win you have to make dozens of good call

Again, that's the issue. I'm not claiming Guile is unbeatable, because he's not. I'm saying he's uninteresting and boring to play as, and against because he is safe on just about everything he does. Every time a Guile shows up I roll my eyes because I know their just going to stall the game, it doesn't even make me angry (Because I'm aware that's what Guile does, he frustrates people into making mistakes) it's just mind numbingly boring. Very few Guile's play him correctly, because they don't have to. They can just crouch block and win.

>he doesnt like boom loopz

He doesn't like fun

No I'm saying that to win AS guile you have to make dozens of good call. To win as lets say Laura or any unga bunga brain dead character you have one opening then do your flowchart of mixups you practiced in training room and boom you win. With Guile you can't win with random, you have to zone out everything perfectly.

And you can't win with crouch block with Guile as soon as you're not playing against retarded people, there again, you only see that happens in lower ranks.

>sonic boom
>do something
>flash kick

Sure is a complex zoning character

Yeah, see I can only half agree with you on that one. Guile is no different than half the cast in regards to flow chart combos, and to "zone everything out perfectly" is way easier than you're acting like it is considering he has literally the best projectile in the game. He can throw it out and block by the time leaves his hands. If the opponent can bait out a flash kick or has a multi hitting projectile that's incredibly helpful and adds extra pressure to Guile, but even still if he has even the slightest knowledge on defense that won't be an issue. Guile is just as easy as half the cast, he HAS strong combos most people don't use them because they never need to.

>tfw i play guiles one only bad matchup

are fireballs seriously so bad in sfv that motion characters can't outshoot guile?

tessaract up nigga

only normies will understand

Fucking Laura can engage in fireball wars with Guiile. The problem is that everyone has a dedicated move to get past fireballs

His projectile is definitely the best in the game by a mile, but that has more to do with how horribly shit every other projectile is. Sonic Booms have way more recovery in SFV compared to previous games, and his primary anti-air (crouch fierce) has 50% more startup than SF4. If you're getting hit with flash kick non-stop you are being extremely predictable with your jumps. Flash Kick anti-air is more common in SFV because it requires slightly less time to charge, but you really need to vary your approach on the ground if all he your opponent does is down-back.

It's not just that, Sonic Cross gives Guile a free, safe, meterless two hit projectile which challenges or trumps everything else in the game.

And if he has V trigger good fucking luck, playing the fireball game with him is just asking to lose half your health.

This is all true, and you're not wrong, that is how you get past him. As I said, when I play against Guile I typically don't lose at my current level, the theory and methods are all there to beat him, but that's not my issue with him. In fact, I would wager it's not most peoples issue with him. The issue is how incredibly boring he is. Sonic Boom has more recovery, true, it's now at 28 frames (Last I checked) while it was 21 in SFIV, 7 frames is a decent amount, but every other character also had worse frame data, and any approach on the ground is stalled and sometimes stopped completely by a sonic boom, you make one small step forward, and then immediately have to block or take damage. You can jump at far ranges without any real danger, but once you get close that option is out the window as well. On top of that Guile has decent range on his normal moves as well, Not to mention Sonic Cross, which is essentially a shield in front of him, albeit at more risk at close range. There is a reason every tier list over the past several months has him at the top- He has similar tools to every other character, in addition he has the best tools at the ranged game.