What is Sup Forums's favourite Castlevania game?

What is Sup Forums's favourite Castlevania game?

Pic unrelated.

What's his name again?

i can see why all the kids love to play this game because they love to build brown bricks with moincrap

Please stop this is a Castlevania thread. My favourite Castlevania is Castlevania Bloodlines and my favourite Metroidvania is Order of Ecclesia.

I just loved how fast paced it is. I love how quickly your MP regenerates and also how quickly you die. It's a really tense and exciting feeling for battles to be about a race to deal the most DPS instead of endurance matches

Though granted, the boss fights were a little too pattern based in the beginning and too easy in the end to really make the most of this concept

bloodlines

I didn't know James was on Half in the Bag.

Dracula's Curse

IV

B R O W N B R I X

That's not a Castlevania game.

Mike "Receding Hairline" Matei

Symphony of the Night.

Who gives a fuck about castlevania anyway? Your shitty sidescroller died long ago so get with today's current meme games Grandpa.

May as well have started a post about Battletoads

Mike "Monster-Schlong" Matei

Sup, Mike? Still trying to force your "big dick" meme?

MINEYCRAFTA!

God, Mike is so annoying.
He has a terrible texture to his voice, it always sounds like he's on the verge of bursting out into tears. He's even worse with others, constantly cutting people off mid-sentence.

Fuck that guy.

sotn

>it always sounds like he's on the verge of bursting out into tears
He probably is. He joined the ranks of the Eye of the Spongebob kid and the Oppa Spongebob kid with his Minecraft video. If I did that shit I would probably just jump in front of a train.

Eye of the Spider*

>Given the opportunity to talk about either good games or a shitty e-ecelb,Sup Forums chooses the latter

Circle of the Moon all the way

Good choice.
Second hardest Metroidvania.

You shouldn't have posted a picture of Dick McGee if you wanted any real discussion about Castlevania.

Why not? Mike is an avid Castlevania fan.

Castlevania or Castlevania 3?

Original all the way. 3 was a nice idea but it was offensively difficult towards the end. Nice music though.

What do people even see in CotM? It reuses assets by the truckload (I counted literally 13 different palette swaps of the armor enemy sprite), its environments are really boring and washed out, you have to grind specific enemies (and the game doesn't make clear which enemies) to even use its most distinctive feature, hell, you have to grind in order to use any items at all, it doesn't allow you to swap weapons, its control is incredibly stiff, and over 75% of its soundtrack is remixes of tracks from older games.

The only things it really has going for it are that its level design is slightly less shitty than all the other non-linear Castlevanias and that it has a lot of nifty replay modes.

It's the only Castlevania game where you get to play as a spooky skeleton.

Castlevania 1 because it's the only one I've played

But OoE lets you play as a catgirl
You like catgirls more than skeletons, right, Sup Forums?

III.

Level 1 runs for this game are pretty hard.

Also love you get medals for killing bosses without getting hit.

They're actually not too bad, especially after you get past Ruvas Forest. By the time you get to Dracula's Castle, it's barely any different from playing the game on normal even if you started on a new file

Portrait of Ruin, on the other hand, is a fucking nightmare on Lv 1 Hard on every mode except a NG+ with Jonathan, and even then, it's still pretty difficult unless you brought along the Ancient Armor