Whats the most laughable form of censorship in a game?

Whats the most laughable form of censorship in a game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FKDlqdsw1i8
youtube.com/watch?v=MYB16A2OaDk
youtube.com/watch?v=dldJv9yZEp8
youtube.com/watch?v=2K31Hj1Oz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=WjUtoQaRfE0
youtube.com/watch?v=jjphanrGEKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6WvyueSVBS4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

China and Skeletons

Why does a Dolphin need goggles? Shit design

Half-life had grunts replaced with robots in the german release

now I'm trying to remember if I ever ate dolphins with yoshi

I swear I did

Fucking Japan. What did dolphins ever do to you guys anyway?

Typical for gercucks. Got taken over multiple times, no wonder they're do pathetic.

And TF2.

And Contra.

Contra with robots was fucking awesome, though

SNES Wolfenstien comes to mind.
You can still kill people, but they censored out all the Nazi imagery so you're just killing random guard and shit instead of Nazi soldiers, IE the thing that justified the killing in the first place.

also
>you can't kill dogs
>but rats are fine

Wait, the other team in german tf2 is robots or something?

I don't understand why they thought Americans would be triggered by yoshi eating tuna.

Probotector was pretty rad, which is why the best Contra will always be Hard Corps, as you can play as a robot in that game.

Probotector is such a rad name that someone should start a new franchise around it.

No, everyone is a robot. When your character (or an enemy, or anyone) gets blown up the chunks of meat are now gears and wires, and instead of exposed spinal cords its exposed metal girders and stuff.

So they can see underwater, silly user.

Its a cultural thing.

America is against killing dolphins and whales for sport, but Japan has been ignoring the laws against it for decades.

Cool, didn't know that. Makes MvM a little weird though.

>shit load of pointy dangers in water
>not wearing goggles

The whole Don Corneo shit that's gonna be missing from FF7 remake I'd say

Wasn't there some game where, if you shoot neutral NPCs, they'll sit down on the ground instead of dying?

I'm pretty sure the GBA port at least lets you eat dolphins

That was German Half Life, I think.

Yeah I definetly remember being able to eat dolphins

Does anyone have any pictures of Yoshi swallowing a dolphin? I think it would be funny haha

I'd say Dragonball Heroes turning all swords into wooden sticks. It's one of those things where you just know it was blatantly done in order to game the ESRB and garner a low enough rating to make it OK to appeal to a younger demographic. Also, the idea of Future Trunks dicing Cyborg Frieza into bits with a wooden stick was just too amusing to take seriously.

NoA replacing Christian crosses with Egyptian ankhs in Super Ghost n Goblins.

same, I played SNES and GBA versions

youtube.com/watch?v=FKDlqdsw1i8

the modern generation doesn't eat that shit, it's more of a wartime nostalgia thing for the old folk

>CommandAndConquerGenerals.png

Remember the Burenstein Bears?

youtube.com/watch?v=MYB16A2OaDk

I could have sworn it was Berenstain Bears

that's fucking amazing

Germany always has ridiculous amounts of censorship, Turok 1 changed all human enemies into robots.

>Link ends with Dk

they're better wooden

Yeah they stuck it back in in the GBA version

>They appear on the "enemy list" in the game manual, but they are described as "not really an enemy," although it is said "they can take Mario the wrong way." In the Japanese version of Super Mario World, Yoshi can eat the Dolphins. This was changed in the Western versions and was put back in later versions like Super Mario Advance 2 for the Game Boy Advance.

I can't see it without thinking of the word "Proboscis," which is decidedly not rad.

Are you talking about the Honey Bee Inn? If so I wouldn't call that censorship since it never made it into any versions of the game, a lot of the dummied content is there but its still somewhat unfinished.

>posting the inferior rip
youtube.com/watch?v=dldJv9yZEp8

Those are pretty hilarious but feel so out of place the wooden guns fits the theme of Donkey Kong way better.

And even for DK, the idea of realistic steel guns shooting fruit is just stupid.

So DK64 was on the verge of being Shadow the Hedgehog decades beforehand. Huh.

t. censorship apologist

>Censorship
But this is better.

Rockstar specifically removing Hot Coffee from later versions of San Andreas despite the fact you had to use a cheat device to access it in the first place, just because enough of a fuss was kicked up about it.

>capcom_censorship.png

>HE HAS NO STYLE
>HE HAS A COCONUT GUN
>THIS KONG HAS A COCONUT GUN
I don't care about the fucking memes, this shit will never not be funny to me.

Haha, wait, what? I thought that post was a joke.

kek

Pretty much every pub in JRPGs being cafes in non-JP versions.

>IF YOU KNOW THE WORDS, YOU SHOULD SHOOT YOURSELF

Roxy in Final Fight

Half-Life or Counter Strike. Can't remember. Google it.

Oh, its real. Remember reading it in EGM.

Never know though, could be they never intended to use real guns and they just grabbed some placeholders from Perfect Dark or something.

The Mother series has an recurring item called "Strawberry tofu". They removed that, in the US release of EarthBound, and replaced it with "Trout yogurt". The reasoning behind that being, that tofu was somehow a controversial thing in the mid 90s.

I agree with the other user. Sometimes it's necessary to surrender your rights in order to avoid sending the wrong message to our children. Videogames already effect our youth as it is, there's no need to bombard their minds with violence more than we already have.

Australia taking cops out of LFD2 meaning people in Aus couldn't play an online multiplayer game with people outside the country.

Changing things to be more familiar for an american audience happened way too often back then. Thankfully its really uncommon anymore.

I could go on at great length about 4Kids and the Pokemon anime or Yu-Gi-Oh. Anything they ever touched really.

This, I for one welcome our censoring overlords.

youtube.com/watch?v=2K31Hj1Oz1g

user have you discovered deepest lore?

I kinda prefer it to what they did to keksona 5

I'm watching all the pokemons now, how different is it really?

It was also easy mode, because when you got hit as feather or flower mario, it would downgrade your form to big mario instead of little mario.

EAT YOUR HAMBURGERS APOLLO

If it came from Japan or even implies that Japan exists, then 4Kids couldn't cut it out quick enough.

Jelly donuts.

SMW wasn't very hard to start with

The coconut gun just makes more sense. Weird.

Calling rice balls "jelly doughnuts", that scene where brock is talking about whipping up some hambugers. Completely missing episodes, like the Safari Zone where Ash catches the 30 Tauros.

Anything even remotely relating to Japan was removed basically what said.

youtube.com/watch?v=WjUtoQaRfE0
youtube.com/watch?v=jjphanrGEKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6WvyueSVBS4

>if
>you
>know
>the
>words
>you
>need
>to
>shoot
>yourself

I was scared of him because everyone in the schoolyard said he would eat you.

Kids are fucking wimps.

And I always liked his first Japanese name, Doshi.

I wonder how much they changed the beach episode with James inflatable tits.

I remember it being skipped and years later 4kids finally showed it. Assuming it had to get gutted pretty good.

That was one of the Counter Strikes

he will only eat you if you stomp his back 120 times and you have 120 stars

It was also definitely the case in German Half-Life.

They'd sit down and shake their heads like they're very disappointed in your rude behaviour.

Half-Life.

He's talking about the entire sequence when Tifa pretends to be a hooker to get into Don Corneo's sex palace and Cloud crossdresses to save her.

That sounds like Miyamoto's vision for Goldeneye

>tfw you were an underaged voraphile in the 90s and tried to make it happen

Anybody have the resident evil 7 one where they censored a shit ton of stuff in Japan

Raped them and their ancestors.

They nuked them.

No they didn't, that was a chicken and a cow.

let me guess miyamoto said 'b-but the kids!!11' and force them to change?

fucking cancer!

In toystory 2 there was a mexican bandito character that got removed and changed into a regular cowboy after some beaners got mad at it

>He went on to explain that, towards the end of development, the team received a fax from Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto, with a series of suggestions for the game. “One point was that there was too much close-up killing – he found it a bit too horrible. I don’t think I did anything with that input. The second point was, he felt the game was too tragic, with all the killing. He suggested that it might be nice if, at the end of the game, you got to shake hands with all your enemies in the hospital.”

lmao what a fuckin fagotron

>He suggested that it might be nice if, at the end of the game, you got to shake hands with all your enemies in the hospital

Why can you eat the dolphins? They don't do any harm, they're just moving platforms.

What game are they talking about?

Goldeneye