Why aren't you playing terraria right now

why aren't you playing terraria right now
explain

Other urls found in this thread:

terraria.gamepedia.com/Old_One's_Army
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/changing-of-the-guard-an-update-from-otherworld.56207/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I got tired of farming gaems a while ago.

I need a fucking break.

I've already logged over 100 hours with friends and I'm not autistic enough to want to play by myself?

i'm burned out on it man. please, no more

There's nothing left to do.

There's just too much content.

I'm replaying the game now with Calamity/thorium/spirit mods. I was gonna add Tremor to that, but then I saw how terrible it became down the road.

I'm excited for all the new content they added.

>be me playing terraria
>make my third world in normal difficult
>get all my best items
>go to hell to start hard mode
>die in lava
>lost all items
god why

Just use inventory editor and you'll be done with it in two evenings.

hard mode is too hard to play solo

I played it to death already. Waiting for Terraria 2 in 2028.

or maybe you ain't good enough.

Yeah, I kinda fell the way as you.
When I see a game that is too vast, I get a little too ansious, and end by not exploring nothing.
Does this make any sense?

Nothing more to do.

maybe not 2028. Transition of Terraria Otherworld into moba is pretty much finished- just few more months for v1.0 release.

>2d minecrap

I would be if I wasn't bogged down with school projects and the ever looming burden of game devving.

i don't want to stop what i'm doing every five seconds to kill shit

Played it with 2 irl friends so much when the moon lord came out we all burnt ourselves out on it pretty much forever unless another update comes out.

I am trying to do Starbound on hard mode though. I really like it better this way.

oh no somebody could recognize your shitty friends by these badly compressed futa avatars! :)

1.3 really has too much stuff. I've played every major version from start to finish and I can pretty much tell I'd have the same issue with 1.3 if I didn't have experience from the previous versions.

Nobody wants to play with me

I'm not playing it right now because you DIDN'T POST A SERVER, DINGUS

it's boring

>recently got terraria
>mfw stuck on the Mech bosses

How the fuck do I beat these guys, I don't last even a minute

gotta get those hardmode weapons m8

I have
>titanium sword and armor
>hel-fire yoyo
>darkfire bow (or whatever it is you get from hardmode gobbo invasions)
>both spider staffs

What else should I get?

>Potions
>Frost armor
>Frost wings
>Amorak with Yoyo Bag or Daedalus Bow with Holy Arrows

life fruits?

I heard they don't spawn till after you kill at least one Mech boss

i killed moon lord 20+ times and lost count. still no terrarian. i gave up. 200 hours is enough.

Meteor staff is pretty nice against mech bosses

I'm just so burned out. Every thing is like the bsck of my hand. Could get to gard mode in less than five hours. I need Otherworld to respark my first time playing this and learning the ropes.

Vould go for the meme bow but if you wanna be a man get a mythic or godly golden shower, frost wings, titanium/ adamantium armor with the mage hood and a whole bunch of greater mana potions.

Waiting for the console and mobile update

hey, i have a question about mods.
do they effect your previous vanilla worlds? or do you have to create another world for them? i don't want to ruin my old worlds.

Daedalus stormbow

I modded my Terraria.
I decided to take a break after the sheer mediocrity that was Scarbeus.

Because it's a game for autistic manchildren.

Tips for soloing this game? I got it but never really played it too much usually get to the first boss or two. Or maybe the game just isn't for me?

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll be sure to look into these before the next time I play

>Daedalus Stormbow
Just go into Underground Hallow and kill Mimics until you find this.
With proper gear, it trivializes all the mechanical bosses.

usually small mods don't change the world, but some big ones have their own biomes and stuff

Because you didn't gave me a free copy.

Ah, I killed one hallowed mimic by making one with the pink key, and got the hook. I randomly encountered a second one and it beat my ass though. Any tips?

or craft the Key of Light and fight them wherever you want

*blocks your path

Well to be fair bosses like Scarbeus and Grand Thunderbird are supposed to be underwhelming because they're meant to be babby bosses that are fought before the eye of cthulu.

>hook to ceiling
>shoot mimic

Because I've played the everloving shit out of it, last time during xmas trying to get the fucking bow from the dungeon defenders event bullshit for my ranger character and after more than 20 fucking tries it wouldn't drop.
I was also severely sick and that's probably tinted my disposition about picking it up again.
I also have a half-baked mod for tmodloader that I'll probably never finish trying to make robot/cyborg players a thing

because its 1 in the morning. what the fuck am i doing here?

Losing control over your life

Thunder Bird was really entertaining tho.
Scarabeus is just "build a 6-block deep hole in the ground and fire upwards with the bow from Thunder Bird."
Staying on the same level as him is also suicide because he is faster than you and will just sit on top of you until you die.

I'm still trying to find more mods.

Expert mode is cheating bullshit but I feel like a pleb for not playing it.

no, i am talking about calamity or torium. if i install them. will they change my previous worlds?

>tfw you can't stop playing expert mode because of the cool shit it gives you and the extra trinket slot but hot damn does it kick your ass

No, you'd have to create a new world and let them generate their biomes.

Because I've played it for over 500 hours.

>Has Thorium, Calamity, and Spirit
>Doesn't have Tremor

>Get Grand Guardian from Calamity
>Clean house with Thorium's Post-ML boss, get best Melee Armor
>Suddenly Moon Lord can't get me below half of my 570 health

Mods are fun.

>7610 ▶
> (You)
>>Has Thorium, Calamity, and Spirit
Why would I make my game worse? Besides, Tremor is so fucking unoptimized that if I wanted to run it, I'd have to disable most of those mods. Fuck Tremor.

Beat Moonlord, built a cool sky tower which used up all my creativity, collected most of the armour and weapons in the game, and I don't know what else to do.
Anything much been added since Moonlord other than wiring stuff?

Just the Dungeon Defenders stuff but that's pretty much it.

What's that consist of? I played the shit out of Dungeon Defenders way back

terraria.gamepedia.com/Old_One's_Army

Any suggestions?

It's basically Dungeon Defenders on a 2D Plane
>Bartender sells you an Eternia Crystal holder
>And Eternia Crystals
>And Rods that summon Towers to defend your shit
>Set up the Eternia Crystal in an arena with high walls and a flat ground
>Mobs will pour out of portals at both ends of the arena
>Based on bosses killed, the waves will become more dangerous up to somewhere around Plantera-tier gear difficulty
>You can naturally summon 1 Turret
>If an Eternia Crystal is active, Eternia monsters give a special resource to the Crystal on death that lets you summon extra Turrets at increasing cost

Not enough content added since 1.3 to get me back, and after building my sick flying cloud castle I really didn't think I could build anything that could top it.

Okay that's pretty freaking sweet, gonna have to give this a go

Fair warning, make your arena decently wide and do actually ensure it has walls. If it has no walls, the Crystal will say your arena isn't correct/flat/whatever.

terraria have really cool and fun content like this, but nearly all of them can cheese through easily.
>drink flash of ichor
>get buffs
>just shoot projectiles with meowere to left and right
>take out s.d.m.g. with cloro bullets for betsy
that's it.

Too busy playing Dwarf Fortress and ToME

Its been a while since I've played, but stocking up on a shit ton of potions always worked for me.

Because I've played it to death with all the mods.

>calling Scarbeus mediocre
Scarbeus is a simple boss fight for new players, you don't know tedium until you fight the faggot birds of temporary invincibility which activates whenever you damage them.

What's so bad about Tremor?

Get yourself a gold or platinum bow asap
Make frost arrows (ice torch + arrow)
Fish on the ocean for a reaver shark pickaxe
Get a cactus armor, swap skeletron for Necro armor (bones and cobwebs)

Preoceed to steamroll everything until early harmode

I find the main system of collecting materials really boring. its just not fun having to use a bunch of torches, or other light source, chop away at blocks, and do it over and over again. its tedious

no apaches

I can only play sandbox games for a little while before I get bored. Once I realize that the only thing the game can offer is how much I do with it, I get to thinking that real life is like that too and that I should just do that.

I'm playing Minecraft. I plan on playing Terraria in a few months.

?????

there aren't apaches in terrarria fuck off

Because you're not playing in softcore.
That was your first mistake.

Daedalus stormbow plus holy arrows = massive victory boner.

Such a shame this game ended up sucking so much ass. It had a good thing going with qt plantfus but it all went downhill from there. The rotten cherry on this shit sundae is tbe forced, crap story. Killing all form of rp by being some gay power ranger.

I want to pollinate this slut.

At that point you just edit in the thing you want and then kill the moon lord. I guarantee that it'll drop first time.

it plateaus real fucking hard

i've had my fill when the game first released

back then you could fill hell with water and just swim in it

dude the game has tripled in content since release, you're really missing out

I've literally played the shit out of it alone and then rediscovered with my friends, except for hard mode and last update but we will get to it eventually.

Its taking forever for the Otherworld which is a shame since it's the only game that would bring me and my friends those found memories of early days mincraft and terraria, where everything was new and finding some random irrelevant shit would bring us immense joy and exitment as we would talk about random shit and die to lava. But I think they are taking so long because they don't want it to be Terraria 2.0 HD electric boogaloo, judging from one of their last posts. When it will be launched tho I will insta buy 4 copies of it and roll out.

>Its taking forever for the Otherworld
>he didn't hear the news

the delay news?

The news that the dev got scrapped. Otherworld was handed to a new dev, because they weren't happy with the state of the game. Red is working on Terraria 2 witht he core team.
otherworld was supposed to be developed as a spin-off by a different group. But Red was always overwatching what they did. So it will probably take another year now. New Dev will have to get familiar with the code and fix the shitty build.

>Red is working on Terraria 2 with he core team

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/changing-of-the-guard-an-update-from-otherworld.56207/
here is my source, also
This was announces a few days ago. So it's still very fresh.

Vanilla/Modded server when and where?

It's a boring grindfest