Why does he exist?

Why does he exist?

What is his purpose?

HE

Enabling other flankers.

Barely

his purpose despite what anyone will tell you, is to charge into the backlines and kill the squishies

however, updates since then have made all of the squishies tankier indirectly and that role is now mostly useless

Oh and his shield is weak as shit because of a feature that they have since removed (duplicate heroes)

WUZ

His shield is worse than Horsepussy.

He counters Tracer, Genji, Mercy, Hanzo and Widowmaker - of course by "counter" I really mean "gets destroyed by".

No damage, no health, Blizzard will eventually buff him to nigh-invincibility like they normally do.

Defensive character that hard counters offensive squishies like genji, sombra and to some amount tracer.

Token black guy.

he exists to pick phara and widow while dropping the occasional shield to block pushes, what the fuck do you want us to say? yes, he is situational.

>>/k/33552621

Yeah, I do see some use for Tracer/Sombra/Genji and to some extent Mei, but his DPS is so low that you can't really capitalize on it even with his abort jump

because HI THERE

>Winston jumps in
>Mercy follows
>Winston dumps the shield and starts getting into their faces
>Mercy tries to keep him alive
>He survives for much longer than you would expect
>If he has the ult he can use it for an even better result
In the meantime the entire rest of the team has free reign because nobody will ever ignore a Winston in their face.

Generally to disrupt Snipers, Healers and sometime squishy DPSes.

Problem is D.va can do all of that, but actually kill them too. AND have actual defensive power.

To put Genji tards down?

Bully the mercy
Push people off the objective/map
Bully the snipers
Dive the objective

>Jump behind enemy lines with Winston
>Flank a turret mode Bastion
>Can do nothing but watch him mow people down because your weapon cannot hope to kill him fast enough for him not to riddle you full of holes

Great design, Blizzard. Really top shelf.

jesus this thread is full of sub-gold players

Winston has high pickrate at high elo tiers because he has great mobility, good flanking potential, one of the best objective-based ults, but requires positioning and a well-coordinated team to not feed his ass off.

He's meant for dive comps and giving people the monkey Dick and Business

>mow people down
>can't kill him fast enough
>flank turret that will kill him in 3s

whut

what really happens
>winston jumps in
>mercy follows
>winston dumps the shield and it is immediately destroyed
>mercy dies
>winston dies
>enemy team pushes against a 6v4 because 2 of your teammates are retarded

Wasn't he buffed twice recently (smaller critbox, shield cooldown buff) ? Why are you guys saying he's bad now?

He takes out symmetra turrets

Holy shit post you rating so we can laugh. Winston is viable in every tier of play if your team follows you in.

Still a huge target area, with probably the lowest DPS.

What are you not understanding?

>Winston catches a turret mode Bastion with his pants down (aka shooting someone and not noticing the big ape behind him)
>Winston cannot do shit because his gun cannot kill Bastion faster than Bastion can spin around and kill him, even if he pops the shield

>probably the lowest DPS
It's non stop 45 50ish dps aoe cleave that can't be blocked or deflected. He can effectively have some of the highest dps in the game by hitting the whole enemy team.

Take entire enemy team down by 1/5 health before slayed, it's now 6 V 5, dps negated

They're shitters he is actually becoming populare in ranked.

>if your team follows you in
not him but im 50 SR from masters and this shit still happens on a daily basis

>Winston is viable in every tier of play if your team follows you in.

>pick roadhog
>kill winston in 2 left clicks

wow so viable

>not realizing that he's literally "King" of KotH

...He's good in capture the flag at least?

never happens i mean

he exist for meme plays and last second obj. dives.

>Take entire enemy team down by 1/5 health before slayed, it's now 6 V 5, dps negated
If you go in alone but even a semi decent winston would either have lucio Genji with him Ana or Zen also healing him and a Zarya bubble. It's a team game Winston is a team tank and encourges Aggresive play

>Roadhog hooks winston
>He survies the first shot not and leaps away
>Winston team kills the hog
Get team work you fucking shitters is this just a meme by this point?

I just use him to spook the squishies. If they get brave or the rest of the team notices me I just tralala away. Plus it's fun to chimp out and edge harrass the enemy if the other edge pushers are taken

Do people seriously think Winston is bad?

Unironically, too

funny because I get team work in mid gold to low plat MMR.

>>He survies the first shot not and leaps away

>hooking winston

he's already going to be in my face doing 0 damage to me, why would i need to hook him unless he's trying to run away

He's good as a basic disruptor, can break lines, obj dive, and flank. But, as others said, there are much better disruptors.

>mid gold to low plat trying to talk about balance

you're in the average rank of players who actually play competetive

>Winston
>Ever being in roadhog face
Nigger he is litterally the last person you want to fight as winston even reaper Dva come before him on target priority get your QP and fanatsy bullshit out of here.

He was a marketing meme choice. They wanted him to be the face of the series, capitalize on SCIENCE!, HARAMBE, and (((Diversity))) all at once. That's why he's the intro narrator when you start the game.

What does a fucking talking monkey from the moon have to do with Diversity shitposter-senpaichan?

He's useful for disrupting. Its sad he get shit for being the one of the lowest dps in a game where people can 1-2 shot most heroes, but he can take focus off his team and give them a substanial advantage (granted your team knows how to shoot people). I think people struggle with the idea of disrupting and try to play him as a genji.

>balance thread
>theoryshitter music starts playing
Like clockwork.

Why does Reaper exist?

Flanking + Obj Dive like Winston, but with heavy DPS and an invincible escape mode.

Also has a more useful Ult.

So how come I never see him? Or Bastion, or Winston, or Torbjorn.

Blizzard "balance".

>never see reaper
>never see bastion

Are we playing the same game?

I think I saw a bastion last week, can't remember the last time I saw a reaper though. Two months ago maybe? Granted I'm only diamond

He's used at high level play, git gud.

he's my main ya weenie

you use him to kill pharahs, junkrats, meis, tracers, genjis, hanzos, and pretty much anyone squishy you can ambush.

just don't try to take on roadhog by yourself.

>Winston
>Useless
What the fuck? Winston is one of the most consistently useful heroes.
>Flankers can't do shit while you're alive
>Snipers are free kills
>Makes space for his team
>Can get in and out fights very quickly
>Damage stacks up and can't be reflected

SCIENTISTS

how do you get in their backlines without wasting your jump?

indeed.
Every time the dumbasses at Blizzard buff someone they make them near impossible to stop.

Blizzard wants more diversity in their games and they needed more Brazilian characters.

reaper just blows his load and dies

>muh 4 bullets

Not him but I rarely see Reapers, Bastions are pretty common but Reapers not as popular as it seems, but I still enjoy him.

By using the Enviroment with timing and tactics to time your jump in and outs in sync while using natural cover and high ground for maximun damage and disruption. Winston requires mind games and game knowleage over fps mechanical skill.

This guy is bronze and bastion is found more in higher tiers.

wow you really have played overwatch! because you have no idea how to fucking play it

Reaper sucks shit at flanking
>announces to entire enemy team he's using teleport
>takes 30 minutes to finish
>Wraith form you just get a tiny speed boost for a few seconds
>No health to stay in fights
>Ult is hit or miss where as primal rage is always useful
Reaper desperately needs buffs

>without using your jump

just use your jump... camp somewhere high up - wait until their healer is exposed then ambush and wreck them from behind. Escape as soon as your jump comes back. Rinse and repeat until they get flanked by your team.

Winston can single highhandedly occupy the entire enemy team, just hit and run, target weaklings, escape, heal, and repeat.

If you're decent at him, he's best played jumping on that healer pocketing the tank fucking your pushes.

Do NOTmiss your jumps, and make sure you only focus on the healers and various other squish heroes. With his shield now cooling down somewhat faster he's getting there, just not enough damage yet to be at his full potential.

>when Zen throws you a orb as you go to flank

Death to tracer, mei and genji mains.

Being a fucking annoying piece of shit that your teammates are guaranteed to not deal with properly if you go support, leaving him to autoaim you with his hot monkey dick in the backlines.

>Winston
>Doing anything to Tracer or Mei

I'm high diamond and when I play healer I think a flanking Winston is what I die to 90% of the time.

You can call out for dumbfuck teammates to help but all they don't give a shit if you die, until they realize they aren't being healed anymore. Then suddenly it is your fault for not dealing with the Winston yourself

>Tracer
>dying to monkey dick when you can just opt out of the whole encounter

Every time I see a Tracer with golden guns I imagine the guy using her is some sort of ADHD asshole.

>dying to _______ when you can just opt out of the whole encounter

Isn't that what all tracers do anyway? They just recall and run away like the cowards they are.

why his ult is so shit and useless

His purpose is that he's the only character I'm good with.

As a Reaper main I gotta agree. Wraith form needs to move fast and his teleport needs a rework.

>strategic retreat is cowardly
Retard.

Winston doesn't really have to fight tracer, she can't attack while he's around.

>Be low Diamond
>enter losing streak
>end up in mid-to low platinum
>team consists of 3 DPS, a hanzo and a junkrat
>we're attacking
>Im not used to going healer, but I'll do it for the sake of the team
>"hey guys we need a tank"
>somoene goes winston

I fucking hate this community.

This user knows where it's at.

Winston isn't about diving in 24/7, he is about isolating single targets by intercepting them and risk managing the time it takes you for your next leap.

What also many people tend to overlook is that he can work incredibly well against Ana.
>B-but muh sleep dart
Not a problem when you drop your shield smart and position yourself carefully.
In the mean-time you can melt their carry because Ana can't heal shit that is behind your barrier unlike any other healer.

His purpose is to dive the backlines, causing 1 or 3 results

1) Cause the enemy tank line to turn to protect the backline - causing their defence of the choke to become weakened.

2) Disjoint healers and who they want to heal - making it easier for them to be worn down

3) Kill everything if left unattended

Seriously, pick him in your next match, then just leap into the backline, drop shield and start harassing. If your team is any good, they will take the opportunity to push in and create chaos. Then you jump out the second your jump comes back up, get healed, and repeat

Winston is a pretty good hero senpai

Call it whatever you want. It still is cowardice.

They added it back in.

>glossing up running away like a little bitch as "strategic"
Stop trying to justify your cowardly virtue

This, learn to know when it's time to bail out, if you overstay in the backline you feed ult charge but if you jump out with 50HP you can feed your healer ult charge instead.

Also only engage when your team is actually fighting the choke point.

This, though I will say that its more of a 50/50 against Ana. At the very least, you can disrupt the Ana's healing by preventing her from getting to her team effectively though. At worst, you will get sleep darted.

I think he needs an innate that doubles his damage against targets with more health. Like percentage damage or some bullshit

Or do something with collecting soul globes

No, I meant death to all those mains in general.

>It's a you killed 5 of the other guys but the payload doesn't move because there's a tracer running around being the cheap cunt she is stalling it just enough so that mercy can come back and press Q, and nullify anything and everything you and your team did.

Remove tracer and change mercy's ult and you fix Overwatch.

The fact that he can just jump in and autoaim me to death while my tanks look the other way makes me want to quit ever picking healer. If he had to actually fucking aim like Zarya I'd be more ok with it.
I haven't climbed up to the rank where I can't just pick away at tanks with Tracer until they die/I get ult. Winston gets autoaim but it's still easy to duck him and snort all the health packs in the general area until he's out of the picture, and since I bought the game in late Feb I'm still in high plat and regularly killing idiot Reins by wedging myself between their buttcheeks and holding lmb because they don't bother to turn around.

It is strategic you fucking retards, staying alive so you can help your team is kind of a big deal

Winston only works when he's got a Zen healing orb on him.

I know this feel but this is more about your team mates having bad aim than Tracer being Op. She has 150 HP for a reason, if 5 people would just spray in her general direction she would fold instantly or have to recall which means that she has to stay away long enough for you to heal up.

>chase mercy around as Winston
>she can just boost away from me and starts regenerating before I can kill her
STOP