Fuck this piece of shit game, FUCK

fuck this piece of shit game, FUCK

I had 2 days left to steal the heart then hahaha epic new mechanic, you need to send a card and then wait a day in order to do steal it so I got a game over and the last 5 hours have been a total waste.

wow great game guys, get it if you want to lose 5-10 hours of progress at a time because the ENTIRE FUCKING GAME AND EVERY STEP IS ON A TIME LIMIT.

holy fuck, all that prep, all the chests opened etc etc ALL GONE.

Lol.

It really took you five hours to get through the castle?

They give you TWO FUCKING WEEKS maybe even more to clear the dungeon you fucking shitter.

BECAUSE SEVERAL CHESTS NEEDED A KEY AND YOU CAN ONLY MAKE 2 FUCKING KEYS AT A TIME BEFORE TIME PASSES.

I made 1 key before going on because thats what the game told me to do, but hey let's put 5 fucking chests that requires a key so the player has to leave, wait a day, spend half a day making 2 more keys and then go back in to open one fucking chests.

I was level 11 and now I'm back to level 5 with all progress gone. I don't even fucking remember all the shit I did.

fuck this piece of shit game I am never touching it again.

You still had more than enough time. On top of that, opening every chest is not important you fag

no you don't have more than enough time, CLEARLY since I timed it right by having 2 days left when I was at the final save room. But since you need to exit, wait one day, send a calling card AND THEN WAIT AGAIN, I got a game over.

"hey you got 2 days left...OOOPS SORRY NEW MECHANIC IN THE GAME, YOU CAN'T COMPLETE THE DUNGEON WITHOUT SPENDING 2 EXTRA DAYS HAHAH"

>since I timed it right by having 2 days left
But you didn't time it right
the game also fucking tells you what will happen
your own fault you can't read

First Persona game, faggot?

the game dont tell you about needing a extra day BEFORE YOU STAND IN THE TREASURE ROOM. "Ooops, forgot to tell you lol you can't actually complete the dungeon now, you need to send a calling card first and that takes an entire day"

The game is shit and is only played by people who convince themselves that they are having fun and not just trying to occupy their meaningless lives. That, or they like vidya

>I had 2 days
Fucking pleb, who waits until the last minute instead of getting shit done the first few days, you made your bed user

>the game dont tell you about needing a extra day BEFORE YOU STAND IN THE TREASURE ROOM.

??
Why the fuck wouldn't you go to the treasure room before you dick around?

This is why the west doesn't deserve eastern games.

5 hours? If a game doesn't give much experience in the first dungeon, run through it as fast as possible. Exploit skills to defeat the boss. Then level up in the next dungeon.

????????????

>game says you have amount of time to finish something
>I finish it with 2 days to spare
>game says "JUST KIDDING LOL YOU NEED 1 EXTRA DAY BECAUSE CALLING CARD"

and that's not bullshit?

This. Why do you think the characters start telling you to do shit like a week before the goal?

what resistances should i take with me to fight kamoshida?

None. He doesn't do elemental damage. You just gotta pray he doesn't focus the mc

is there anything i can fuse to get phys/pierce resist?

Not that early I don't think.

yeah, I figured this would be the case. I can't stand games that force some arbitrary time limit on you like this. Same reason I liked Pikmin 2 much more than the first game.

Its just bad game design

First Persona game for me. The game and party members fucking incessantly nag you to keep pushing through the first palace so I did it as quickly as possible, not knowing if future events would eat up time.

Sucks that you wasted all that time and game overed, OP, but you can easily blast through that all again and skip dialogue.

See Cleared with a fuckload of time to spare to dick off and chill with friends. OP is a retard.

>12 days
>lemme just wait until the last possible moment to go through the dungeon instead of making sure you get it done with plenty of time in case of big fuckups on dungeon runs

The sad thing is that all the Sonybros here will defend this.

"no guys, arbitrary time limits are ok, trust me, look at that meta critic score"

Sony BTFO once again, sad really.

nah man I'm done, there's no way I am going to continue playing a game that at any moment can erase 5+ hours of progress.

Telling me with 2 days to spare that I actually need more days because the game wants me to exit the treasure room, go home and sleep, send a calling card the next day and then to re-enter and steal the treasure is too much bullshit for me.

sounds like buffs and debuffs are my best bet then

thanks user

I hear ya man. The sonybros defending this screams of desperation. They are seriously championing a weeb game that has game breaking design choices like this.

The absolute state of sonybros right now.

Buff and debuffs are a good primary tool through out the game (so far for me).

lol the game is 100 hours long, so 5 hours is nothing and you can save at any moment

just don't play for 3-4 days and then start off fresh

Why didn't you make multiple saves throughout your playthrough? If you mess up like this, or find some shit like this, you'll at least be prepared in that regard.

How is the time limit 'arbitrary' when it ties heavily into the game's systems? Please explain.

Your gear, stats, side stories and other things are all tied on how you decide to spend your time when the game opens up. They also beat you over the head with the dungeon deadlines.

>S-Sonybros

I have a Switch. I had a ONE that I sold. It has nothing to do with console wars. OP decided to be an idiot and not pay attention what is written. They literally map out what happens and it even says how much time it takes up. He apparently expected the ACTUAL DAY that the board meeting was supposed to happen that he could stop it, despite all actions happening AFTER SCHOOL.

>normies actually believe miyazaki said this

>Implying Japanese people have sex outside of being raped by alien tentacles

Why didn't you save in 5 hours?

SMT and Persona games aren't for everyone. A lot of time mechanics in Persona games have this kind of end state blow off. At least so far it doesn't have the P4 BS that if you don't pick perfect dialog choices at a big twist you get the shit ending. I had to do a whole second playthrough just to get the first decent ending. Do you though, I'm Stockholmed into this franchise there is no hope for me now.

It's literally in most of Atlus' PR stuff to save often, usually in all caps with asterisks around it. This isn't even a difficult SMT/Persona game compared to most.

maybe don't spend so much time outside of metaverse dicking around when you have a deadline. bet you procrastinate with everything

>he didn't save his game
hahahahaha
what a fucking idiot
you're the second retard to come here and complain about not using the save feature

The calling card thing was unnecessary.
Wasting an entire fucking day for ONE of your party members to make a card and send it is not good.

Game should tell you to save or have autosave
It was the same in Yakuza 0
Totally retarded Japanese-behind-the-times development

>What is calendar in main menu?
The post

because not even in my wildest dreams did I think a game would punish the player by erasing 5+ hours of progress at the very start of it. I don't have it in me to re-do all that social stuff and the ENTIRE FUCKING DUNGEON.

it becomes arbitrary when it says that the initial time limit was bullshit and that you actually need more time. the game tells you this when you're at the VERY END of the dungeon, in the goddamn treasure room. "Nope you can't finish it, you need to do something else first and that step requires more days"

Thank you for the warning OP, now watch as I laugh at you not making multiple save stateshahhaahahahahahahahah

That's cool then, man. I can understand thefrustration. Sucks that you're not going to give it another go but the series isn't for everybody.

Maybe you can flip your copy for some cash, assuming you went physical.

It tells you not to cut it close to the deadline.

Incredible. These days kids have to be told to save in order to realize they have to save.
Spoiled brats.
I say this without any lick of irony.

>Game should tell you to save or have autosave

So games should hold your hand at all times?? Think for yourself man.

It literally does tell you to save
what the fuck

Manual save functions put the onus of progress in the players hand instead of leading them around by the pussy lips. It's a novel concept that's been floating around for a bit.

This is the most underage thing I've read so far

the deadline wasn't actually the deadline, the deadline was

It also tells you that you need at least 3 days before finalizing any place.
right at the start.

learn to read, fucker.

Calender.

Calender.

Not all of us play weebtrash 24 hours a day. Western games make use of autosave and checkpoints. Not my problem that those gooks can't go with the times

So your a shit gamer?

I'm not defending the OP for his mistake waiting until the last minute to finish a looming dungeon, but where does the game say exactly you need 3 days to finish the palace?

I didn't even know that this was a thing until this thread.

Hint: It does say "you need AT LEAST 3 days when you're at the end of the dungeon"
when you are getting ready for the dungeon.

>gooks

But user, this game was made by nips. Sorry that you're so starved for causal shit on your PS4 that you resort to buying anything that comes out without doing any research on the game.

Same happened to me. what's worse is personacucks defend it

Then save. There are a ton of places to save. It's all on you.
If you're playing a game you're expected to pay attention. This aint a movie, kid.

Morgana says it just after you get the persona for the other guys; I don't have it screencapped, but it was plain as day.

I know what to do but as you see in threads like this there are a lot of people who don't save, miss their deadlines or die on the hardest difficulty. Game-breaking design choices that are just bad and shouldn't be defended.

The calender.

OP is right, they should have told you about this system before you get to the treasure. That said, if you aren't saving frequently and rotating those saves so that you never have to go back more than an hour, then you're a moron.

I'm going to assume that your gaming experience started around 2004-ish and doesn't include RPGs at all. By that I can understand your meme about REEE I CAN'T PLAY A GAME THAT DOESN'T HOLD MY BINKIE as a legit feel.

Autosaves and checkpoints would guarantee you failed though. As they would save after you were closer than 3 days.

You had the decision to save when you wanted.

You fucking failed.

uh no? It says you need to finish it with at least 1 day to spare because when you're done, you will go home and sleep and the confession or whatever will happen the next day. What the game doesn't tell you before you're completely done with the dungeon is that you can't actually finish it - you need to leave, sleep (1 day), send a calling card and go back in (1 day) and then steal the treasure and leave/sleep (1 day).

>sounds like buffs and debuffs are my best bet then
They always are.

>All these fucking people who don't like JRPG's playing P5 and being surprised they don't like them
>"What this visual novel shit?"
>"REEE wat da fuck I didn't save? Dis game has permadeath!!!1"
Is it all just shitposting? Regardless of how good the reviews are for a game, if it's a fucking genre you're not into that 94 isn't gonna magically make the game good for you. Mainstream success was a misstake.

so they're fucking stupid and can't handle losing a game sometimes?
they want to be hand-held and shown the safe path to the end of the game with no boo-boos or uh-ohs?

(Potential) Father-In-Law:
> Son, you know I am retiring soon, and I could not help but notice my daughter has taken a liking to you.
> It would be my honor, and a privilege, to let you take her hand and start a family of your own with her.
> But I can not allow my only daughter to live a life of poverty, so I will appoint you as my Chief Operating Officer, until you get the swing of things, take over the family corporation and provide a financial and genetic legacy before I fade off into the darkness after a life well-spent.

(you):
> BECAUSE SEVERAL CHESTS NEEDED A KEY AND YOU CAN ONLY MAKE 2 FUCKING KEYS AT A TIME BEFORE TIME PASSES.
> I made 1 key before going on because thats what the game told me to do, but hey let's put 5 fucking chests that requires a key so the player has to leave, wait a day, spend half a day making 2 more keys and then go back in to open one fucking chests.
> I was level 11 and now I'm back to level 5 with all progress gone. I don't even fucking remember all the shit I did.
> fuck this piece of shit game I am never touching it again.

:^)

I only see one faggot that couldn't read or open the calendar.

Just get Bicorn because he has Tarunda. You might not even need that.

>game breaking

No, you just lose the game and it's time to start over. You LOST.

Because the logical assumption is that the boss fight and dungeon will end once you reach the end you fuck

>difficult SMT/Persona game
it actually is.
Played Nocturne, P3/4, SJ,SMT4&A and it's among the hardest of the bunch in hard at least.

There is not that much difference with SMT except that debuff are staked and last infinitely, and party full demon.

Wait the game will actually let you get fucked and go overtime. And still let you do the dungeon to "secure route"

these are all correct.

this is my first persona game and i picked up on it almost immediately. you get thrown into a dungeon that clearly is very large is will probably take more than one day to finish, sometimes you're even REQUIRED to go back to reality to change something. finish the dungeons ASAP and then enjoy your downtime flirtin' with the qt's. you wouldn't need an infiltration log at all if the dungeon only took 20 minutes.

Morgana says that you need 3 days when you start the dungeon.

I was on the fence with this game, but I definitely am not going to support something with so much annoying time-crunch bullshit. I don't like feeling constantly rushed when I play games. I like to explore and take my time and enjoy the setting.

Thanks for the warning OP.

You are literally a fucking retard OP, I literally beat the dungeon in 2 fucking days in game, don't you know your supposed to finish the palace first, so then you can fuck around and up your social links with ease.

>Because the logical assumption is that the boss fight and dungeon will end once you reach the end you fuck
NIGGER
EVERY FUCKING RPG GIVES YOU A MOTHERFUCKING WARNING BEFORE YOU HIT A BOSS

"WOW, I SENSE A FUCKING BIG ONE BEHIND THAT DOOR"
"MAN YOU SURE YOU WANT TO KEEP GOING?"

>not finishing the dungeon in one day

do you just enjoy wasting time?

stop defending bad design choices. the game is just littered with them. when i open a chest in the castle and later die I don't want to open the chest again. it's not necessary. repetition drives the player away.

eh if a game sets you back 5 or more hours because of something you couldn't have foreseen, it's kinda bullshit.

im on the 29th and im going in to steal the treasure

am i screwed or do i have enough time left?

>but I definitely am not going to support something with so much annoying time-crunch bullshit.
Support? I could understand not wanting to play something with that design philosophy, but you make it seem like the game personally wronged you and you can't morally justify purchasing it.

These are lies and damage control. At no point does anything say you need at least 3 days

Your logic is terrifying

r e t a r d e d b a b y

Have you tried not dying, though?

so you went in with 5 lockpicks and only had to run out for more bullets and SP once for the entire dungeon?

The calender does nothing but tell you when the date is, not that you need 3 fucking days minimum.

You could have forseen that the game has a save system and keeping one save is a bad idea.

Did you children start playing video games on Xbox360?

>Defending not saving in 5 hours

How else are you going to fill 100 hours?