Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords is now useless

I havent actually used it before the nerf but now i placed my hands on it i realised it is actually pretty bad after the nerf.Katanas can literally outtrade you if you miss the stunlock and reactive players can easily fuck your shit up with ease.It doesnt hit hard, its pretty slow and it consumes too much stamina.What are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3m8yTM_F5Ho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pvp is and has always been shit tier in dark souls because of the netcode

their focus on pvp balance has done fuck all for making the game better and most of the weapons in Das3 are trash for it PVP or PVE

they should've just left pvp like it was in dark souls where there was retarded OP shit because that was atleast fun.

They weren't overpowered before the nerf. Retards complained because they were stupid enough to roll directly away and get caught by the third l1, and because people are too stupid to get some defense or invest in VIT they died. Then of course FROM comes in and removes all the fun to appease the whiny shitters.

These things were easy to punish before and they're easy to punish now. People need to stop bitching when they lose, chances are you lost because you're shit and got outplayed, not because "THIS WEAPON IS SO OP>:-("

It's a good thing I don't care about PvP and didn't update then.

My thoughts are that pvp in these games is garbage and From should just balance the game to make weapons fun in pve.

>swords forged in the Abyss
>have carvings of serpents all over them
What did Miyazaki mean by this?

>get zwei
>stomp+r2 when they L1
wooooow so hard dude
fuck r1 and roll spamming shitters

Dark Souls 3 PvP made me stop caring about Dark Souls entirely. It was fun for a while, especially the forest.

Don't care, using Gael's greatsword

>if I can't bully SL30 darkmoons as my SL125 meme build the pvp is shit

>What are your thoughts?
People still play DaS3?

>Using the zwei
>In Dark Souls 3

I still keep a character in the 30s just to have fun there when I have nothing else to do.

The retarded twitch culture """"""fight club""""""" style pvp has always been garbage.

Getting invading while you are trying to get through a level is great, though. That should be the only form of pvp.

The problem in 3 is you don't normally get invaded unless you have a phantom entourage. Even cracking fingers barely does anything for solo players.

My negro. Katanafags never expect the roll+l1 slam

You never get invaded anywhere. The only time I am invaded regularly is like the run from Pontiff to Anod Londo, and that's only because those people are trying to PvP.

Phantom signs at the start of a level are also rare though I guess. Most people just want the boss.

I agree with this, I only ever invaded in ds2 and wish I could more in ds3, but every invasion is a 3v1 gank and then the police show up to make it worse.

Well there is no reason to invade anymore since its a gankfest.

>Using greatswords
>Not using the best pvp weapon to date
>Not using a Heavy Great Door Shield

Pvp in this game just gets more fun.

>gankfest

You have the entire level at your disposal, you only have to kill the host, and if you fail you can run away and crystal out.

People invaded more in Dark Souls 2 and that had summons and even more seeds of a tree of giant.

But this is exactly how it should be. If you want to prove how epic you are at the game by killing other people that don't want to fight you, it should be a heavily uphill battle. Either prove you're able to 3v1 with your 1337 sk1llz or get trashed and quit bothering people.

That is an opinion of someone who has actually killed a Ringed Knight Paired GS faggot before nerf. With a non-DLC weapon too. I did it as well.

To be fair, before the nerf I would only lose to RKPGS if they had partners, and even then I didn't lose every single time.

The L1 is exploitable.

But the invasions in 3 are absolutely awful.
>you mostly invade ganks of 3-4 people
>blues
>seed
>host can constantly summon more
>everyone can heal
>cant twink
>the game is too spammy to punish people

Fpbp

>host seeded
>lure all the mobs in the level to their position

mate the skill ceiling in this game isnt really high.

Then stop invading or stick to your autism clubs in irithyll if you're not good enough.

When invading your always forced to use some for the ganks. No variety

>good enough
lol virgin nigger thinks there is actually any skill ceiling in this game other than being a reactive cuck.play warband or chivalry if you want to see something regarding skill.dark souls is for fucking around and fun.except its not fun anymore because of faggots like you

oh right I forgot the dark souls twitter account posted about this update/patch and I forgot to ready it. Everyone is either super happy about it or super pissed (because the RNPGS actually gave you decent "poise"). I still don't approve of "hyper armor" being activated through a weapon art. Make poise great again!

As long as it makes griefers like you upset and stick to autistic fight clubs I'm glad it's part of the game.

>you mostly invade ganks of 3-4 people

I don't invade so I can't say this is wrong, but it sounds wrong. If you were invading boss rooms maybe, but I find it hard to believe most people are running through entire levels in a group of 3 or 4

>I still don't approve of "hyper armor" being activated through a weapon art. Make poise great again!

Whether it is through normal attacks or a weapon art, hyper armor being attached to the weapon itself is the only place "poise" should ever be.

The game prioritizes invaders to invade hosts with phantoms. Its rare when you invade a solo host.

they actually do and the game prioritise ganks when invading
>no fun allowed
i dont even play it that much anymore and fight clubs arent really my thing.i just duel sometimes whenever i try a different build.

>mechanic called "hyper armor"
>has nothing to do with armor nor is it activated by armor
fuck you and whoever thought this was a good idea.

Three phantoms, one host, all with estus, host has twice as.much estus as you, no way to win without meta glass cannon builds that remove all variety.

>(You)

>no fun allowed
Yeah, no fun allowed for people playing the game normally when they get invaded constantly by metagaming retards. It's good that they stopped this and forced faggots to git gud enough to kill 4 people or just quit.

/thread
The cancerous pvp community is hat killed the souls series

It is the only good idea. For one, it allows people to run lighter 'builds', where I can swing giant weapons around without getting stunned instantly. IMO Bloodborne was fucking terrible at this, since the large weapons like the wheel or hammer had awful hyper armor attached to them.

Second, it prevents Dark souls 1 style garbage where you could poise the fuck up with armor and rapidly slash with a katana or dagger and be an immovable shitter.

>Three phantoms, one host, all with estus, host has twice as.much estus as you, no way to win without meta glass cannon builds that remove all variety.

You're acting like there havent been people since demon's souls invading against hosts with multiple phantoms and winning.

I did a ton of invasions last night with these and the other ringed knight weapons and they're all op as shit. did some arenas and the Spear is the one that shines most there, though the paired swords are still great with how versatile their moveset is

didn't they only drop like a few AR and make L1s take slightly more stamina? hardly a nerf, especially when you see the shit they've done in the past like take the Fume UGS from best to objective worst UGS and then never rebalance it to at least be relevant. just like how the Exile curved gs just got nerfed but still had more AR than almost any GH/GA/UGS/GS

>using one of the main mechanics of the game is griefing

Whatever you say.

I havnt even started the 2nd dlc yet

is there seriously a nerf to a weapon that hasnt had time for fans to find a way around something like this?

What would happen if a fighting game had this amount of nerfs to it

Was he in the right?

>cant twink

actually you can, I have a twink at highwall of lothric and invasions are extremely easy even against groups of 4

unless you run into another twink its not going to be a challenging fight

paired ugs were nerfed as much as a fucking dark sword, not at all
but they are pretty much scrub smashers
gael greatsword, doors and ringed knight spear are the true top tiers of the dlc
doors are scummy as fuck because you can multiclass into regen miracles and turtle anything

I dont follow any meta you retarded mongoloid.I invade for fun even if i gimp myself when playing with an interesting build.This invasion system is actually forcing people to use the meta builds alot more.

Keep crying, invadercuck. I will keep summoning phantoms and wearing the blue badge to cuck you at every opportunity.

At least in DS1 and 2 phantoms couldn't heal. Whatever, go play the single player again and use three buddies to cheese every boss, have fun.

>limiting the development of humans with a fire seal
>erasing all achievements of humans in fighting dragons
He's was a jelly as fuck asshole who understood that people were superior and cursed them to eternal slavery.

Not sure what summoning for bosses has to do with invasions, but alright I will.

PVP is DS3 is shit, go play DS2 or DS1 if you want pvp

>I invade for fun
I miss being able to get you people banned with cheat engine.

I think that mainly invading groups is great fun. Taking out two or three phantoms and then killing the host is very satisfying. If you want to even out the odds invade as a warrior of sunlight to aid other invaders. The only thing that I really loathe about the current pvp system is that hosts can resummon with no repercussions and that summoning doesn't have a short animation to it that you'd be able to cancel. It cheats you out of well deserved wins against uphill battles sometimes.

>things that never happened

>For one, it allows people to run lighter 'builds', where I can swing giant weapons around without getting stunned instantly.

what the fuck are you talking about? HYPER ARMOR IS NOT REAL POISE. Have you fucking played dark souls 1 & 2? Those have real poise. Its not as strong in das2 but its very much there. I just invaded someone roleplaying as Bishop Havel (havel was actually a Way of the White bishop, which is basically a high ranking cleric knight/paladin) and I destroyed them even though they got a few hits in. I never flinched though. Anyways, what you're spewing makes no sense. You can wear heavy armor and fast roll easily. You can wear medium armor sets and with the right stats you can fast roll. If dark souls 3 had real poise it wouldnt matter what weapon you used because your armor and stats would be giving you the poise.

>hur dur people shouldnt have fun
what kind of a bitter virgin are you kek

the wait time for spears of the church is worse than the dorkmoon blades, except this time the covenant is actually fun to play as. gotta keep waiting it out ;_;

>leave blue sentinel on for kicks
>get summoned
>its usually the host with two friends already
>the red phantom just hides for until i leave around 5 minutes in
NOW THIS is pvp

>They weren't overpowered before the nerf
anything that has a 1-shot combo with little downside is overpowered

not true - Humanity and lifegems

>He doesn't know
youtu.be/3m8yTM_F5Ho
No you shouldn't have fun at the expense of others.

Dark souls pvp tryhards are some of the most pathetic people, at least play a real competitive game.

>lifegems

phantoms can't use lifegems when an invader is present

Comments like this always say "bad cuz netcode" and never give details on what the problem actually is. I think they're just contrarians whipping up shit.

Yeah being a blueberry sucks ass. The wait is forever and the invaders just hide behind the enemies hoping to lure retards in. Since that doesn't happen too often it just ends in being a complete waste of time for everyone.

>HYPER ARMOR IS NOT REAL POISE

I know, it is better. Poise as it exists in Dark Souls 1 has no place in these games.

I know you want to wear some Havels pieces and dual wield a katana and be prevented from getting stunned, but sorry, that shit system has been abandoned,

>Church of the Spear
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

>luring the black knight and crazy dudes in the swamp
>luring 3 black knights
Those are always the best since the knights don't stop

Souls PVP has literally always been complete unfiltered garbage, why would it suddenly become better now?

I seriously fail to understand how anyone here enjoys that unoptimized laggy broken shit.

yes I know about your boyfriend malcolm reddit. he didn't get anyone "softbanned" and was just talking shit

epic meme Sup Forumsro

>He didn't get anyone banned
Okay kid lol.

shouldn't you be lapping up his cum right now or something?

because memes and youtubers XD GIT REKT SCRUB, GIT GUD LUL

> wear some Havels pieces and dual wield a katana
>that shit system has been abandoned

2h it and you can do it

The more people the more defense the boss has. That and your respawning ally tends to scare them and make them do stupid shit leaving the host for easy picking.

When it first came out, if you went in with a gank squad the invader would get like 400x defense. It was actually easier to solo. Did they change that?

>installs death so that people don't suffer from undeath during his age of fire
>a bad thing
Yeah I mean sure its' technically a power limiter but at the same time being undead fucking sucks

If you invaded often you'd understand

most invasions are laggy because there's no region matchmaking

Its peer 2 peer so host has an advantage no matter what

desync is also a big problem, its what causes "phantom range" on longer weapons and often times you'll hear and see a blood splatter from when you hit an enemy but it won't register

The only game you will have good "PVP" without desync is if you're playing on the same machine like in a fighter

fuck malcom reynolds. I got killed by his glitching ass in undead match. why the fuck won't valve/from go after his ass?

I seriously cannot kill Midir, and I've tried probably more than 15 times.
I go for the head, I try and dodge whatever I can, but by the second phase (if I get to it) I'm down to less than 6 estus and if I don't get killed by some random attack, the godzilla laser beams do me in without a doubt.
What do I do?

It wasn't a one shot combo with 40VGR though, you're probably one of those retards and that says shit like "HEH I DON'T NEED HEALTH CAUSE I'M NOT A SHITTER, I JUST DON'T GET HIT!", then bitch and moan whenever you're not actually as good as you think you are and get hit by a huge slab of steel.

Go complain about the bullshit that is GA's if you want to bitch about heavy weapons, those things are fucking busted out the ass right now especially since they are guaranteed 2 hits.

I've been summoned for like 40 spear fights and have never lost one, even with 4 people so the boss has tons of health. 4 well equipped players vs 1 with a little extra health and buffs is still not balanced in the bosses favor at all

respec at rosaria and get pestilent mercury. then spam it on him to cheese the fight. then respec back to whatever build you had before

run over and hit him during his long laser beam attack then smack his head while he recovers

why does anyone play the pvp in these games

the netcode is so horribly fucked that everything feels like it hits late

this. Fuck pvpniggers. I enjoy occasional invasion but these children take it too seriously

>if you're not good enough.
Shitter who summons 3 fags just to beat bosses calls someone else "not good".

Top fucking kek, neck yourself my man.

it wasn't a 1shot combo with 27 vigor either as long as you rolled backwards instead of sideways, or just timed your roll instead of panic rolling

some invaders tho

>before aldritch with a yellow, top of the stairs were the big spider is hanging out
>invader sees us, I step back and let the phantoms duke it out
>at least I believe that, but the invader turns around and stays between the priests
>seed
>he actually gets fucked hard by the fireballs
>yellow even looks like he wants to help red for a second
>red jumps down the stairs, runs right into spider
>starts to hold up a torch while kiting around the room until more fireballs finish him

I could hear various theme songs playing in my head while we watched him

Mean while I am still using my lighting arrow poise activation to one shot people with sacred flame and having a blast with it because it will never get patched.

Stay mad META addict faggots.

only retards who havent actually played an actual competitive game take it seriously.if you play with fun builds it is fun but you usually gimpy yourself when you arent following the meta

I at least want to do it legit, I'd have just used summons if I wanted be over with it

Once you learn how to account for the net code the pvp is fine. Just play like you're .25 seconds in the past.

This is why you can walk into a swinging sword and not get hit and then riposte without fear.

Its not about waiting its about altitude with regards to distance from the church. Figure out what I mean and get summoned every minute. Its same with dorkmoon blades.

Is the warpick F U N for pve

>the abyss is a byproduct of the first flame
>primordial serpents lived alongside dragons prior to the fire appearing
>they decide to live in the evil black good when it appears and starts fucking shit up
???????

He's literally the reason everything is so fucked. You see the darksign in the sky at the end of the world? Gwyn literally changed the nature of reality by linking humanity to the fire, and it's likely that the world dies simply because of that one decision. Fuck no he wasn't in the right.

Except they nerfed the defense boost and it's basically useless now.