Kickstarter was a mista-

Kickstarter was a mista-

-ke.

The only mistake was it not getting more funding.

,But hollow Knight wasn't.

Game is alright, then you start getting lost... and bored. Fuck it.

Redpill me on hollow knight

Considering this had a very successful kikestarter and gets plenty of donations on his actual webpage, but is still 2 years behind schedule, yeah it's a fucking mistake.

>make a 40 hour metroidvania

for what purpose?

What?
When did you get lost?

metroidvania with some dark souls elements.
story is very obscure, you're basically this bunny looking thing in a land full of beetles,bugs and creatures. you go underground this town where there's supposed to be this luscious kingdom that draws everyone to it, and then makes them disappear.
The game slowly bread crumbs you to certain powers in order to advance to other places, like a DASH, without the dash u cant make a certain jump that brings you to the next zone. Then wall jump and etc. Very fun in the beginning because the visuals are romantic and character encounters are somewhat interesting. It does a great job at getting progressively more difficult, but then you get to a point where you're just backtracking constantly trying to find where the new zone is. Worst of all you have to find a fucking npc that gives you a map to the zone, in the middle of the zone. So you will wander around aimlessly without a map for a while just to discover you're not supposed to be in that zone in the first place. If its your style of game then go for it but im super impatient with that stuff.

Got lost in the explosive jellyfish zone. They blow up and hit you through platforms. Couldn't find the guy with the map.

I don't ever bother looking up game guides/youtube guides. I totally lose interest if I can't get it myself

I've heard that a lot of people have been struggling with finding the cartographer, but I honestly had no problem with that. You can hear his mumble from miles away if he's in the same area as you are and with headphones you can tell the direction he's in. Besides, if you happen to do the objective of the area which makes him to move on the next place, you can always buy his maps from his store.

You can't reach the cartographer there until you've gained pretty much all the movement enhancements, so it's late game stuff. The area you talk about is really straightforward, basically a tunnel leading you to other places until you can explore it further on with more add-ons.

Yes I know, but not for the current zone you're in. There are so many paths that it's very easy to miss one. It gets really boring to keep back tracking, like the old Castlevania with a lot less powers, less weapons to choose from, less interesting enemies.

I do have to admit the game has very good timing, character interactions are really fun, and it doesn't hold your hand. I grow really impatient with platformers though, maybe I'll pick it up again when I feel like it.

It was discouraging, I found this new zone that I was really interested in. I began to explore but couldn't find the carto. I ended up dying because of the lack of saves/energy statues. On my way back I died again and lost 1200 geo and realized I was in the wrong place entirely. I found the guy who sells a key in Dirtmouth but the key is really expensive so I have to grind that geo back up.

When the game got released, for a couple weeks Cornifer was silent until you were right next to him and he didn't leave papers lying around his area.

I enjoy it a lot. I have no problem with slow progress and I have a good memory so I'm at 91% or so right now.

It's very relaxing to go around and systematically explore the areas and then go back to the places you couldn't reach before.

Some people get impatient, I started playing it because I really needed to take my mind off of life for a while and I love it. Want to try Steel Soul once I get 100% but I'm kinda clumsy so I expect I will give up.

>tfw another user died mid post
What's happening? Too much shitposting? Are template threads the cause?

This is true, I get very impatient with the game. I get anxious when I have a lot of work to do though, which makes me lose interest in things that don't satisfy my instant gratification. It was fun for me for about 4 zones or so, worth a download for sure.

That's bull! Can I find that shit from the patch notes or something, because I bought it day 1 and can remember him muttering on his own right from the go.

Don't worry about losing Geo too much. It's easy fairly easy to grind. Just do a couple of runs near Dirtmouth, because the maps don't cost too much. I'm having around 30k Geo right now at the end of the game and haven't done any grind.

Honestly I'm at the 96% mark and I don't even feel like the game had that much padding, the only true bullshit in the game is that fucking flower quest (which you can cheese). There is a lot of backtracking but hey, welcome to Metroidvanias.

The game has some shit players not going for 100% will never see and some of it is stuff most games would've had front and center because it's pretty cool.

1.0.0.7 Change Notes

Reduced slowdown issues around Failed Tramway.
Initial optimisation improvements.
Added Cornifer ambient hum and paper trail.

>the only true bullshit in the game is that fucking flower quest

How? You knew you can still ride a trolley, right? Because with that, it's really quite easy as long as you can swim in acid. There's a quick route right through the map to the left from the flower lady.

I'm making my way through this game now, it's honestly amazing how naturally I've been able to access more of the world slowly as I gain more abilities

I thought the way I found Deepnest was really weird though, I found it by pure luck, now I go around bashing every suspicious wall

great game though, I'll be looking for more metroidvanias after this, it's a genre I haven't really seen the interest in up until now

Fair enough. I honestly couldn't remember.