MxM thread

what does Sup Forums think of masterxmaster? the beta just opened up today.

think league/dota but control with the WASD keys and aim + shoot in the direction your mouse is in. also each character has multiple abilities that you can create your own loadout with. you also play 2 characters in each match and can swap in between them on the fly kind of like tekken tag.

there are characters from city of heroes, guildwars 2, lineage, aion, wildstar, and blade & soul. also cute girls, lots of cute girls.

i think its pretty neat so far. i really like the feel of having to aim your basic attacks.

I don't understand why people are so against ARPG click movement and targeted attacks

wind bird girl was op during the alpha test

im not against it though. its just nice do have something different every once and a while. i also like that you can evade basic attacks unlike league/dota.

i also should have mentioned there is PvE content in missions as well. also they have a bunch of mini games that are actually really fun.

havent had a chance to play her yet.

so far i like the first girl you get. the one with the sub machine gun and rockets. also the electricity dude with the stuns/silences and chain lightening basic attack that heals allies and damages enemies. most satisfying basic attack that ive used so far.

It sure is taking it's sweet fucking time. I tested this like... five months ago? It's a fun game but not when your progress gets constantly wiped, don't really feel like testing again and again and again.

guess I'll download it again and see if anything changed, the game wasn't that bad when I last played it

What other characters other than Statesman, are City of Heroes reps?
What characters OTHER than the COH reps are otherwise recognizable by casual fans of NCSoft games? Hell, I played Blade and Soul and couldn't recognize their literally whos.

Why does every Asian company try to out-Blizzard Blizzard, and why, of all things, is the City of Heroes IP being kept for a MOBA of all things?

So is this a Battlerite clone?

You have to be immensely retarded if you can't recognize Poharan or the bitch that kills your master during the first ten minutes of the game.

I got into the beta but i also got the QuakeWatch beta in which im far more interested in.
How close to archeblade does this play?

Fair point, I recognized them, but the point I was making was, compared to Statesman, everything else feels absolutely generic by comparison.

why the fuck is there a baby in the game

yeah statesman is the only current CoH character right now but i think they said they want to have more. who they would add, i have no idea.

i havent had a chance to play battlerite yet, but yeah they do look fairly similar.

why the fuck not?

how are you supposed to reach max level with a time limit

is 3v3 supposed to be the main mode?

there is also a 5v5 mode but im not sure which is supposed to be the 'main' game mode.

i'd guess the 5v5 though

Downloading the game right now, what's the cutest girls in the game?

that depends on what you want.

there are lolis, there are huge tiddy monsters, there are cute robo twins, there are phat asses, there is your average magical girl anime character, etc, etc. there are even furbait characters if you are into that kind of disgusting shit.

important question: does it have any furbait

not only are you a disgusting furfaggot, but you cant even read.

It's okay if the game is balanced around it. Makes a game play out like a board game. Sad thing is half the time those games end up getting balanced like an action game because either the fanbase or the developers themselves are dumb, so you get shit like Dota "fuck it's let's throw in half-assed versions of HotS mechanics" 7.00.

It's easier to not fuck that up when you just design it as an action game from the outset so you don't have shit like characters that auto-win every engagement by pressing a single button, but the metagame makes it so that there's no way to actually avoid engaging that character without losing the game.

user your post was less than a minute before mine and I wasn't scrolled to the bottom while typing, you need to relax

kill yourself faggot.

Is this game using the ancient trash that is last hitting and items? Depending on the answer I'll install it or not.

no items, no last hitting. as you level up you get points that you can spend for flat bonuses like attack damage, ability damage, health, etc.

Go away, dogfucker.

how are the micro transactions?

If I have to pay $10 for each character, and there's like 150 heroes, then it's shit, not bothering downloading.

>Guild wars 2

wat isn't that Arenanet?

Arenanet is a subsidiary of ncsoft.

From what I can tell there is a premium currency (ie real money) you can use to unlock characters. But you also get an item every time your account levels up that you can spend on characters. Oddly, certain objectives and achievements are required before you can unlock a lot of the characters. So it turns into this weird PvE grind for x amount of items before you can unlock a character for PvP.

At this point I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the whole system.

is there co op for the pve?

Man they updated some models since the last time I played and now the characters that didn't get updates look so fucking bad because of the proportions

The fact that Statesman is in the game is just a brutal reminder of how City of Heroes got fucked over. Fuck this game and fuck you OP for shilling it.

Yea you can group up with the amount of players changing based on which event/dungeon you are in. They play out kind of like a traditional MMO with different objectives that lead to a big boss fight.

i was actually mad as fuck when they announced he was going to be added. they got a lot of flak for doing this, and a huge portion of the community lost their shit.

im not excusing what they did to CoH (because its inexcusable), but the fact that statesman is in it doesnt make the rest of the game shit.

huh I'm watching a pvp match, and there's no shop? so there's like no builds or anything?

each character has more abilities available than what you can actually bring into a match. so you can pick and choose which of those skills you want to make your loadout with. theres no items, item shop, last hitting, etc. as you gain experience and level up within a match, you gain points that you can spend to increase weapon damage, ability damage, health, etc.

so no there are no item builds like in league and dota. but you can have your own 'build' with the abilities you choose as well as how you decide to invest those points throughout the game.

You said, beta, but it's closed beta... never mind thought it was open, there's no point in playing if all the progress is going to be wiped.

Thanks for the heads up OP, looks okish. But honestly I encourage you to invest your time in games that won't delete your progress.

yeah it blows they wipe progress, but you get permanent rewards for playing in the betas.

>First day of open beta
>10min queue.

So it's Battlerite mixed with League? Alright I'll bite. Is this an open or closed beta?

I would play this
But if I can't download it directly on Steam I don't care

played the last two betas and don't feel like losing my progress for a third time since PvP in this game is lame and I only played it for PvE. It feels like its a more casual form of Heroes of the Storm

what are you queuing up for? ive been playing all day and my queues have all been 20 seconds or less.

open, i believe. you should be able to go on their site and just sign up.

lol

>more casual than heroes of the storm
uhhh what

so the pve is at least decent????

>no last hitting
>no build paths like skills or items just stat points
>combat is spamming auto attacks like its a bullet hell game
I understand some people actually enjoy fast paced combat but they probably shouldn't try to market this as a moba because it will die like other mobas that were much better before it, rip dawngate and strife.

yes the pve is actually fun since its basically a bullet hell game so you have to dodge lasers and traps while a boss tries to kill you and the mini games are okay.

>when Mondo uses his stealth skill he shouts NAZI MONDO

how did they get away with it?

I JUST FUCKING WANT CITY OF HEROES BACK

FUCKING SHIT NCSOFT