This kills the JRPG

this kills the JRPG

>rpg
>no story at all

is this the type of game that pcniggers play?

Will it really release this year or are they cooking up more bullshit?

BOTW is the best RPG of 2017.

>muh story
You have to go back.

why does a role playing game need to have a story?

Daily reminder that kurds are developing this not turks. Turks stole the idea.

MountainBlade 2 is going to have better animations and general quality control than Mass Effect Andromeda.

It'll be crap and everyone will bitch about how it's not warband.

>butterlord
>Coming out in your lifetime

Pick one

I feel like little miss muffet. I've always got kurds in my way.

>Bannerlord
>2017

>""""" 2017"""""

How did they fuck up so badly in this day and age

>mountain blade
>storyless
I bet you hate etrian odyssey too, you swine.

Knowing that their audience will lap up anything as long as they claim to do it all in the name of diversity, acceptance and progressiveness.

>he needs a game to railroad him through some shitty fan-fic tier story.

Bio droney detected.

>Dec 31

>implying this game will ever be released

>@11:59:59.99 pm

>as long as they claim to do it all in the name of diversity, acceptance and progressiveness.
Did I miss something? I feel like I'm out of the loop on the significance of this.

I literally haven't touched a Bioware game since getting bored halfway through Mass Effect 1back in 2007 and haven't given a shit about them since

>2017
>implying Buttelord will ever come out

Erdogan will fuck up the country and Taleworlds will close down.

>is this the type of game that pcniggers play?
You mean games with actual gameplay?

>etrian odyssey
>story
You played the remake didn't you? Immunize was broken because it needed to be.

RPG's were literally designed to have stories though. No one wants a tabletop RPG with zero story and just grinding and dungeon crawling. Every original CRPG had a story as well.

Did you ever play a tabletop RPG?

Ever since ME3, they have been dodging all forms of criticism by saying that they fight for gay rights and all of that faggotry.

>RPG's were literally designed to have stories though.
Pick up a copy of 1st edition d&d and tell me that with a straight face. It was basically table top miniature battles with more robust rules.

There are story missions. Just totally optional and possible to fail altogether.

RELEASE FUCKING WHEN???

rpg means role playing game user not visual novel.

>Bannerlord™ Soon™
>2017™
Hahahaha
Bullshit

>hurr if 1 arr pee gee dun have story den it's a dung-je-on crawler :( :( :(

Holy fuck, I didn't think people like this existed.

But will it be better than Mordhau?

It has a story, learn to read you dumb cunt.

/thread

Wait it's been five fucking years since ME3

Is it finally safe to talk shit about it? Mass Effect was overrated, repetitive, and nothing but wasted potential in hollow gameplay, and the "muh story" "muh dialogue trees" were not very well done despite being the most iconic part of the series

The latest shitty 'medieval combat' game that doesn't need to exist? I imagine so.

fucking kids these days

Mass Effect has always been shit.

>No one wants a tabletop RPG with zero story and just grinding and dungeon crawling.

Pretty much all RPGs were just grinding and dungeon crawling even vidya you had Icewind Dale, Temple of Elemental Evil, TES, Wizardry, Might & Magic were just nonstop dungeon crawling.

They finally stopped being popular after the 2000s since people finally got some good taste but still, can't say no one wanted it.

There was a reason why a revision came 3 years later.

release date, when?

>2017
Oh I get it. Its AA 2017, After Armageddon of Jesus during the second coming.

ME1 gets less flak because it was actually a pretty decent combination of TPS and RPG, it had potential to become decent then ME2 made it clear Bioware just wanted to make a TPS normies would buy.

Well comparing both is wrong since they have rather different gameplay, I'd prefer bannerlord for singleplayer and Mordhau for multiplayer.

Every Mass Effect is shit, no exception, you people are just used to shitty Bioware games, move on to better things and you'll see how awful every Bioware game is.

the story is you reuniting calradia
when do we blow up (wait that they collapse by themselves) the bridges and blockade Montreal.

>here was a reason why a revision came 3 years later.
Your point being? The game was designed for combat games, revised for more varied combat games, and only became story based well after the fact.

I read that as "Canada" and my first thought was "ABOUT FUCKING TIME"

Are you fucking stupid, do you even know what RPG is at all?

BG2 is objectively a god like game. Bioware was once great.

Based Turks

Suck my balls Bio-Droney, their writing has always been shit, even if they did borrow mechanics from every other CRPG and tabletop ever.

You make your own story faggot

How the fuck does high look worse than low and medium.

A FUCKING LEAF

>no story
>no dialogue choices
How the fuck is this an RPG?

This is an 18+ website.

is that VRAM or system RAM?

Mountain Blade has both of those though.

>only became story based well after the fact.

D&D has always been story based, the hell are you on about mate? If you start the game with "alright, you go on a cave to kill some goblins" you're on your way to lose your group fast

Forgotten Realms has been a fan-favorite setting since day one, people have been creating their own settings even before FR was a thing.

Best of 2017? Thats a really fucking low bar to set.

Great so this fucking game is fucked out of the gate?

>he doesn't even roleplay

I don't want to watch a movie I want to play a game, consolecuck

>games need story
go back watching your console movies retard

Fuck you, i'm 31. But i've played so many exploration focused RPGs that i'm sick of exploring yet another cave, castle, ruin, etc only to find some crafting materials, a note and random vendor trash loot. If your game can't offer me something unique(game changing items, characters, choices, quests etc.) in every single explorable location i consider it a waste of my fucking time.

>2017's best RPG

>no story at all

But there is one it just isn't the sole focus and instead works as a backdrop for the journey you decide to take your character on.

Dude, it won't be released this year. Everyone knows this.

>Game made by T*rkroaches
>Will look like a PSX game
>The best of anything, let alone RPGs

k then. Keep me posted

>D&D has always been story based
Bull fucking shit. What next, you're going to tell me tomb of horror wasn't meant to be a meat grinder but was there to encourage party unity? D&D was a more robust chainmail.

this is the only real answer right there, anyone saying that it doesn't need a story is the cancer killing RPGs and the reason why abominations like Dragon Age 2 exist.

worked for Fallout 4

Mount & Blade has characters, choices, and quests. In fact character and faction relations play a huge deal if you want to actually start conquering shit effectively.

>Action game
>RPG
No, and I really like Mountain Blade
Also
>Francisca
>On a nordic man
>Wearing a Spangenhelm and a scale armor

Someone should study geography and medieval warfare.

ToH and other cookie-cutter adventures were a crutch for creatively bankrupt, railroading GMs that just want to rush a party through some skill checks and combat encounters.

A good GM adapts to the party's choices and have them shape the overarching narrative.

And you've clearly never played a Mount and Blade game seeing how you have no idea what the game is about.

to be honest Toronto is way shittier. Montreal is ok once you get over the liberals and the fact that the city is a complete mess.

>beating Nier Automata
good fucking luck

>a meat grinder

I'd call it a "How sadistic is your GM?" test than anything else desu

>Star Citizen tier vaporware
>2017 release

>No one wants a tabletop RPG with zero story and just grinding and dungeon crawling.
I do, it's only thing I care about in RPG, stats and how fun it is in battle.

Please don't do this to Taro's games. I really don't want his stuff to be impossible to discuss here because a few shitposters resulted in nothing but kneejerk hate towards his games.

Don't you, at best, just get a wall of text? That's more VN than RPG.

>creatively bankrupt, railroading GMs
You mean the dude who made the game? You're talking out your ass.

>Going overseas to live in the second half of the year
>Not taking my fuckhuge gaymen rig, nor do I plan to build another one whilst I'm there
>Now of all fucking times, after years in development, the sequel to my favourite game will be released

that's the nest kind of role-playing, ya know, the kind where you forge out on your own and make your own story instead of following whatever the dev wrote. mount and blade is closer to a sandbox pen and paper rpg than pretty much any modern rpg

>moving goalposts

Nice baity friendy. No point in replying to you anymore.

what?

>Mount&Blade
>not an interactive story about your character rising through ranks to eventually ruling all of Calradia under his/her iron fist
Choose fucking one

Yes all those battles and sieges you go through to take over land in a questline handed by the king you decided to ally with are nothing but a huge wall of text.

It was a Tournament game built by Gygax for the purpose of killing people to see who would be smart/cunning enough to be last person standing. It was just picked up and run with by sadists after the fact. It wasn't designed to be run normally.

Disgusting

>trying to explain this shit to the moron canadian shitposters

They're doing it for your replies you cocksucker.

I have 600 hours in Warband, and it's not my favorite game. how many hours do you have in your three favorite console games combined? stupid normalfag

>denuvo
>PC exclusive
it'll sell 30 copies and be forgotten about in two weeks. it'll be shit with simon says combat. it'll have to rely on "muh mods" to make it playable.

no, it's a story of young woman who wanted to proof to everyone that women can fight just as well as men, and then dying in her first battle.

>story
Read a book

Buy a gaming laptop. That's what I did.

>hey look at me I play 3 games non-stop because it's literally ALL I HAVE DEAR GOD SOMEONE GIVE ME CONSOLE SCRAPS
sad!