This Overwatch comic is very good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-PrZaz4KC-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>omnics
>people

Dismantle the omniggers

>Pink haired dyke upset that best girl is an Omnic

The characters actually look cool with those matching blue uniforms. Way better than the mess it is ingame, even without skins.

Post more of this Numbani queen

writing this reply to call out any use of the following words so you reddit the_donald fags don't have to bother:
cuck sjw cultural marxism femanazi liberals the left msm media concern trolling virtue signalling white genocide globalists cultural marxism diversity antifa prarie dogging

there now you don't even have to bother destroying Sup Forums like you usually do. i've said it all for you.

They basically call migrants non people by making them robots. Also robots should never have rights because they are things created to act like humans.

>normalizing their behavior
nice job
now they're stronger

It is clearly defined within the Overwatch universe that robots have free will. Enslaving anything with free will is no different from enslaving a human.

Fuck Omnics

Why do game developers shoehorn this shit into games

This

you're the only person equating them with migrants

Shoehorn what? The reasons for a robot war?

Fuck off

>Implying the discussion of whether intelligent machines deserve human-equivalent rights isn't as fucking old as WWI

Why is the art so fucking shit? I know it's Blizzard but could they not spend a few more pennies on making the comics somewhat pretty?
Like, seriously, what the fuck is this shit. Explain this. Why.
Doesn't help the comic is boring as shit

Yeah same fag leaf

Its not a wink about illegal Mexicans or slaves or anything

Sup Forums was always like this, just not as bad as it's been recently.

so why did they build robots they had feelings and thoughts were they could rebel against their masters

>Everybody who disagrees with me is a shitposting Canadian

Are you serious? How many pieces of fucking media have there been that talk about machine rights? Were you calling Mass Effect 1 a piece of SJW crap because people talked about how the Geth were misunderstood?

The thoughts and feelings were a byproduct of the Omnium AIs taking over the machines and then being shut down. It did some shit to the software of every Omnic and made them sentient. Zenyatta and his friends, for example, were generic worker drones until after they was freed from the AIs, then they become sick ass robot monks.

>Fictional piece uses allegory

WOW THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE ONLY THOSE FUCKING SCUM SJW AT BLIZZARD WOULD DARE ATTEMPT SOMETHING LIKE THIS

The comic clearly does as well.

>Robots deserve rights!
>Robots are subject to the same morality as humans!
>Lets ignore the myriad of unknowable threats they could pose and welcome them with open arms!

Still no fucking Liao.

What's the point of showing Old-watch but not even hinting at Liao?

>Let's NOT treat them as equals and then somehow be surprised when they RETALIATE

Liao could be non-canon at this point for all we know, they were only mentioned once for a comic that ended up getting canceled

Why not do what most sci-fi does and give them very strict morality to never harm a human, but still give them rights for building your stuff for you.

No it doesn't?
Omnics are robots.

Please no. I wanted the entire First Strike Force in there.

Over watch is clearly sjw shit
mass effect 1 clearly wasn't.

triggered 15 year old the post

Gas the likes
Reddit war now

> Let's treat beings made to serve like people!
>Even though these things have killed tens of millions of people let's try to treat them like human beings!

Yes it is, it's equating robots to economic migrants, because it's written by a moron

So an extremely thinly veiled social commentary on Brexit / immigration

how progressive

>being this preemptively triggered

Liberals are pathetic.

You're the only one making that equation. You're literally triggering yourself here.

Because humanity is so fucking peaceful and in the last 100 years didn't just have two of the largest conflicts in fucking history that cost hundreds of millions of lives as we unleashed the deadliest weapons ever invented :^)

We had this thread yesterday and it was deleted because not enough people were being good goyim.

Ah I see, you can't read into things, there's the problem.

That would make sense if these are humans we're dealing with, be we're not these are robots.

they pose an absolutely massive threat in more than one way
1) Realizing that the war was lost the Omnium AI decided subterfuge or their own brand of unconventional warfare would be necessary. Thus, they had every omnic collectively lie and take on human like behavour in order to infiltrate society and then finish off the humans when they are in a better position. They dont even have to be lying about this, they could very well have all these emotions but the head AI could just flip a kill switch and have them go nuts

2) There are godlike AI entities within the setting. We actually are guarding one in Temple of Anubis. if one of these were to make a move they would be able to control the entire omnic population - Which are already in sensitive locations across the globe.

The simple fact is that the Chinese Room dilemma is in full effect here, we have no way of knowing the degree of which Omnics "think" or are "human" like we are beyond the vague metaphysical force Zenyatta is big on. In other words race war now

Someone explain to me before the thread 404s because I don't keep up with the clusterfuck that is modern politics.

What in the hell is virtue signaling?

The action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

Something that doesn't exist but Sup Forumsesmokers scream about anyway.

>Comparing two of the most horrific and complicated events in history to robotics tools being killed after slaughtering their creators

And it's also clearly defined that that free will can be taken away at any moment by a God AI. Omnics aren't human. They are machines, and Torbjorn who designed them says himself that they're just mimicking humans. Plus there's the whole thing where the fuckers almost wiped out humanity.

>UK
>Omnics built their cities

So what, does the UK get levelled and rebuilt or something?

>DURR WHY GIVE THEM RIGHTS WHEN THEY KILLED PEOPLE?
>Humanity killed people a whole lot in the last century
>HURR YOU CAN'T COMPARE THEM

Yes I can

People died

>the vague metaphysical force Zenyatta is big on
You mean the Iris that Sombra already figured out is at the center of all the bullshit going on?

>Comparing two of the most horrific and complicated events in history

Germany and Japan getting too big for their boots isn't complicated m8.

Robots aren't people. They're robots.

ur dumb m8, people were "virtue signalling" for thousands of years, it's just a new term to describe it because of how prominent the internet made it
Humanity is peaceful despite it's conflicts, fuck off.

You sound smarter than
so I'll take your word for it.

>actually caring about some murderous robots

they deserve about as much rights as my kitchen clock

>My child is fine despite his autistic violent outbursts where people die sometimes

>didn't want to do
isn't this literally "Their" open borders argument

DO NOT BULLY OMNICS

Fuck all Omnics, they tried to wipe out humanity and will do it again, EMP THE CLANKS, ROBO-GENOCIDE NOW

why is the art so fucking terrible

why is nothing happening

why do I believe that the whole comic is just shilling out more fucking skins

looks p generic to me

>hurting something that doesn't have feelings

The vast majority of people - including soldiers - desire peace, but concepts and events obviously 2deep4u to understand necessitate conflict.

Believe this or not but WW2 and WW1 were much more complicated than "hurr everyone's violent give me power >:*-)" like you probably think

>Wants to give them rights
>But also wants to treat them equally
Giving them rights is an act that shows they're beneath you, user.
Can you try being a bit more consistent with your arguments?

>Robots
>Act like humans
>give them rights.

Pretty sure I'd be suspicious if robots just coincidentally started acting like a fucking human and not a fucking robot.

>muh free will

Free will !=human mannerisms.

Fucking retards.

>you should let illegals in so we can use them as pseudo slave labor instead of paying real living wages for these jobs!!
Democrats love their slavery.

yeah, breaking their alliance with Russia was not their greatest idea.

>UN and Obama bomb third world backwards cultured shitholes
>cause refugee crisis

Sjw virtue signaling-
"We have to help! we have to take care of them!"

Reality kicks in
youtu.be/-PrZaz4KC-Q

Sjw virtue signaling- "Nothing is wrong with this. If your against this your a racist bigot.

If a machine acts perfectly like a human, even under the chance it is just imitating, there is NOBODY who can prove whether it's genuine or not.

If the machine can hold a full conversation with you no matter how strange and off-kilter it becomes - if it expresses sadness, hatred, love, any sort of emotion, it should be classed as a human equivalent based on the evidence. To assume it's lying when the only possible evidence is an assumption of doubt is not scientific.

imagine being this mad

>anything that passes the Turing Test is automatically human

The Turing Test is limited as fuck m8, I'm talking about something well beyond that and you know it, you're splitting hairs for the sake of being a cunt.

>if it expresses sadness, hatred, love, any sort of emotion, it should be classed as a human equivalent based on the evidence.
Animals can express those emotions. Are they human now?

>Creates robots to be used as workers and labor
>Give them free will
This "lore" is just so unbelievable retarded

They weren't given free will. The Omnium corporation shut down, and then one day all their shit reactivated on its own. The God AIs, wherever they came from, are the ones that made them sentient.

Elephants, dolphins and chimpanzees, yes. They are sentient.

>Are they human now?
What does that even mean?

Should they be giving humans rights? Should we let chimps run around our malls and schools?

>Elephants, dolphins, and chimps are now humans

Try reading the comment string you fucking tard.

given*

I have no particular interest in the lore or expanded universe of Overwatch.

>Let's play a really retarded game of Devil's Advocate

Those animals should be protected and nurtured from poachers more than any other creatures. Elephants are one of the few creatures excluding humans who bury their dead and mourn, who cry when they're actually upset, who form lifelong friendships that go beyond "we hunt better together." You're a bunch of fucking simpletons.

I bet these are the typical Leaf posters, i bet!

That doesn't mean they're equal to humans you absolute god damn moron.

No, but a fucking machine that is self-aware, walks, talks, has friends, a partner and a job should be.

You
Fucking
Retard

Stop mixing two different discussions up.

Overwatch could have been a real game with a story mode, the comics literally exist THEY'RE RIGHT FUCKING THERE WHY DIDN'T BLIZZARD MAKE IT GREEDY FUCKS STOP GIVING THEM MONEY.

Waste of potential, fuck blizzard.

>dey did teh javbs people didn want to do

so tired of this fucking fallacy.

No, it shouldn't be. Because it's a machine. It isn't a human. It was designed and created by humans.

>Omnics go berserk and destroy the city.
>Have to put it back together after the war.
>Expect rights when at any time another master computer could pop up and mind-control millions of them.

This whole parallel falls apart when you realize that all it takes is someone fucking around with the plot-device computer to make them into killers again.

>robots nearly destroyed all of humanity.
>it's for some reason offensive to treat them as a risk
>when they're capable of doing this any time again.
Overwatch was literally created to fight off the robots, and now they wish to protect and defend them?

And you were created by your mom choosing not to swallow one night. Don't act like your life is any more special than that of something else's just because it's not flesh.

Only Tracer and Genji. None of the other members show any sympathy, and Torbjorn straight up hates them.

I wasn't designed by a human and built in a factory, faggot. I am an actual human being, not an imitation of one.

This, even elephants deserve more rights than omnics

You're the result of space dust getting mixed together and something being shat out, you are not special faggot.

>get taken over by HUMAN creation and kill people
>DUH EVIL ROBUTS NO RIGHTS 4 U
>humans constantly killing each other for decades
>still give themselves rights

fucking dumb fleshies
also when is hiro gonna remove the stupid captcha bullshit its pain in the ask to get my hummy room mate to come over and help every time i need to post something

I never said I was special. Just that I'm human. And machines aren't. There's no reason any machine should be given human rights just because it can mimic human behavior.

WOW your right.

Let put labcoats on these elephants and watch them cure cancer for us simpleton humans.

So it's just a case of being real fucking pedantic then.

Fine, we'll change it to "self-conscious rights." It covers literally any creature that is self-aware, synthetic or organic.