The last good action game was in 2014 (Bayo 2)

>the last good action game was in 2014 (Bayo 2)
Is the genre dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yrpWqhh_Bgk
youtube.com/watch?v=w_MSFkZHNi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nier

Wrong

>good
second worst Platinum combat after Turtles, even Korra was deeper / with more substance

So was popeye a way to try and make kids eat more spinach or what

popeye game made by platinum WHEN!?!?

What anime is this?

The action choreography is almost as good as EoE

Nah, they just shoved messages about healthy eating and respecting your parents into everything back then.

I didn't know how badly I wanted this.

this animation quality holy shit
when cartoons went to shitter?

A nutrition report came with a typo so people for years believed Spinach was 100x healthier than it really is. So spinach was pushed as the healthies, most protein filled veggie ever. Then the typo got corrected and everyone found out spinach was nothing important.

I usually hate this meme, but given the wackiness fighting is handled in Popeye, they could make a decent budget beat 'em up of the source material.

How did we go from this...

>tfw cartoons made in the 50's have better animation than 95% of cartoons and anime nowadays

...to this
they did have bigger budget

Holy shit Popeye literally beat up the weather at the end there. Is there a character stronger than Popeye?

I didn't remember Popeye looking so fucking good. This shit beats out any modern cartoon or anime in terms of animation and quality.

Nah, it's combat is kinda simple. I appreciate the ranged options but it's a natural extension of the first game's combat, making a top tier action game would have required wiping the slate clean first.

what a time to be alive

I'm a Platinum fanboy, I love Bayo, I fucking loving Nier. I've never played Kora, I heard it was pretty shit, I have played turtles though.

You might be right, as much as it pains me to admit, this is very weak action wise. But it wasn't only platinum, this game is *very* Yoko Taro, I'm sure if Plat had more leeway they'd have made a greater combat system.

It's hard for me to pinpoint the exact problem with the combat, but really I think it boils down to very spongy enemies, very long attack patterns and the red warning flash coming in too early. Most of the time the dodge isn't really useful, dodge-attacking throws you right into another attack, forcing you to spam dodge till the little robot is down windmilling your way. If anybody has a tip regarding that, I dunno if I'm playing the game wrong or if it's just poor design. I never tried the counter, does that make it better? I'm playing A2 in the third playthrough at the moment and it's a bit challenging, I just can't find a satisfying rhythm.

>50's

You dumbfuck these are from the fucking 1930's

She's actually 1000 years old or something, right?

when anime caught on and westerners realized they could get away with trash

Yes, she's a dragon

>Watch this shit
>Every episode is "LOL the loli wants to fuck the other loli", "lol the shota is embarrassed by the girl with big tits", and "the dragon wants to fuck the MC lol".

>Sup Forums calls it AotS

It's really gone downhill.

Popeye action game fucking when?

>those animated tree physics
>that fluid melee combat
>that ora ora ora

damn, cartoons used to be so fun.

Sup Forums hasn't been good for 12 years. /loli/ trash losing their containment board was final nail in their coffin.

When people started doing digital animation to save countless dollars. If you look at something like Simpsons everything new looks like they just pulled the animations from file and added them in (because they did) while old episodes have a ton of different camera angles, episode specific expressions, use of color and atmosphere and more distinct frames.

Sadly there's no going back.

When people realized that networks for some reason only wanted animation for children AND THEN they realized children won't be able to tell the most terrible animation from the most godlike one.

Sorry you are fag user and can't appreciate multiple types of girls.
>/loli/
So you are just pretending to be old.

there is nothing wrong with loli

Furi came out last year, it's not bayo 2 but it's damn awesome.

DMC5 MIGHT be announced on this year's E3 so dunno
Then again it's Capcom

No.

OPM, but that's quite literally it

but only the shmup parts are tolerable

the melee fucking sucked

Is there an anime character stronger than Popeye the Sailorman?

And I’m referring to Black and White Pre-Nephews Popeye the Sailorman with Olive Oyl standing nearby and an unopened can of Spinach in his hand (with no normal can opener around) equipped with his Pipe and control of the a magic carpet while wearing a silly outfit, a complete set of bull-fighting gear, with Bluto’s DNA implanted in his chest so he can perform Mokuton kekkei genkai and yin-yang release ninjutsu as well as being extremely skilled in taijutsu and bukijutsu.

Spinach is still good for you. It has lots of iron, vitamins and fibre and basically no simple carbs or fat. It's no superfood though and too much will give you gas.

>I watched an episode of cowboy bebop

This is an urban legend, Popeye eats spinach because of the high iron and vitamin content. It was never anything more.

holy shit he just killed the entire jungle and then punched a woman square in the face

not in the same genre

Where the fuck is Cuphead? I love that kind of animation, I just wish they toned down the chromatic aberration.

Bro, Popeye once got SNIPED in the back of the head by a Mexican Bandito from a rooftop.

The bullet bounced back and killed the shooter.

>There will never be 30s cartoon styled action game with over he top finishers and bosses
>You will never beat someone so hard, they shatter into glass
>You will never piledrive someone so hard that they change into a tombstone that you can then use to bash other enemies
>You will never hear that swinging score that's a mix of jazz, piano and rock
>You will never fight against the sun, the ocean, gods or that palooka who's eyeing your girl.

I want this game man. I want it bad.

>Korra
Fuck you, Korra is a beat em up just like the the 80's double dragon where each level gave you the same enemy with a diferent color and take longer to kill. All they did is work well on Korra's moveset and nothing else.

It is though
Tarofags like to pretend that Nier is not an action game, but it doesn't have much else, it's 95% action.

would liberals hate him?

nier is an action rpg

He's a powerful white male.

ONLY IN HIS 30S!

The RPG elements only affect the stats, not the gameplay variation.

Aside from the Overclock and Counter chips, anyway. Those feel kind of game breaking.

>they also cost a fuckton of money and a lot of time to make
>back in time they cared more into quality than today

Standard of anything has a half-life. The peak of videogames were in the 6th gen. Nowadays it is 90% cashgrab, doesnt matter if it is an AAA or a shovelware.

I agree, it's strange, last gen got so many action games: Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2, God of War 3, God of War Ascension, Darksiders, Darksiders 2, Castlevania LOS, Castlevania LOS 2, Dante's Inferno, Devil May Cry 4, Devil May Cry DMC and etc. For some reason, everything is open world in this gen.

>Castlevania LOS 2
It was shit, and this is coming from someone who liked the first one
I'm pretty sure even the dev team thought it was disappointing but they couldn't do anything because of the dictatorship of the delusional studio director who forced all the bad decisions like stealth sections

>cartoons that could never be made today

>...goes out for a walk in MEXICO.webm

FIFY

Damn... This is fucking amazing.

so much creativity

>God of War

>Sup Forums is one person
epic meme newfag

>Transformers Devastation

it might as well be

Remember that Sony decided to cancel Popeye kinography to make an Emoji flick
youtube.com/watch?v=yrpWqhh_Bgk

He's right though in a way. Outside of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 2017 edition Maid Dragon was THE show for last season.

The spinach is just a placebo effect for Popeye, like Michael Jordan's water at the end of Space Jam. He's always that strong, the spinach makes him believe.

ninja gaiden 2 will be announced as a bc title at e3. maybe even black.

then we won't need any new games because we will have the holy grail

Picked right the fuck up

Popeye is the most powerful fictional character ever made.

>capable of doing just about anything; builds entire warships and bridges by himself in days, can get into good scuffles and take hits without real damage, all without eating spinach
>but then you throw spinach into the mix
>now he is punching people so hard they are launched into orbit
>catches bullets with his teeth and launches them back
>can throw together warships from hunks of metal with a single punch
>Bluto tries to get back at him by nulling spinach from existence
>Popeye gets some anyways because the audience itself will break the fourth wall just to help him
>cannot be destroyed by any means; there is no known amount of force that can harm him and even complete erasure by his artist only works temporarily
>breaks reality on a daily basis with feats like punching giant vultures into roasted ducks

Perhaps it was for the best, imagine if the movie turned out to be bad.
Better to have a movie that is shit in all aspects including concept to laugh at than a shit movie that shits on the legacy of something good.

Fuck that "Power Guy" Comic just make everyone agree Popeye is fucking unbeatable and leave it at that. How can you argue against these odds without being in complete denial?

it looked good from the video

I mean, popeye doesn't really need an enthralling story to be great

All early cartoons were made for movie theaters, when original animation started being made for television budgets and producers were much cheaper.
Hanna Barbera made it even worse with their cost cutting everywhere.

>breaks reality

quite literally

What the fuck is an "action game?" A game where action happens?

>Bayo 2
>Good
Maybe if you don't enjoy metagame

Anyone who enjoys "cute girls doing cute things" anime needs to be fucking incinerated.

That was awesome

There are plenty of characters way stronger Mandrakk the Destroyer could eat Popeye's story for example.

I do usually use Popeye to shit on power level arguments though, like with Goku and Saitama. Popeye is my go-to guy.

Fuck off, R&Mtard. If you can't stand that kind of anime, you can go to your home website and discuss McDonalds sauce memes there.

>any platinum game worse than transformers
hahahahahaah

thanks for the quick rundown

If any of you fags haven't been blessed by this yet

youtube.com/watch?v=w_MSFkZHNi4

Agreed. You do not want to fuck with Popeye. At least he's a total bro as well.