You are in charge of the inevitable Nintendo Switch upgrade. What would you make it?

You are in charge of the inevitable Nintendo Switch upgrade. What would you make it?

More powerful dock?
Switch XL?

Hard mode: Actually make it something that would interest a consumer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qG4ihWOEtpA
youtube.com/watch?v=J8QWRB2UTCs&t=206s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only think I would change is making it white.

it's already perfect

Nothing, the Switch can't be saved.

JoyCons with pistol grip handles, but what's lovely about the modular system is that those kinds of things can still happen

I wouldnt know what, It's already amazing

Make it play PS4 games.

>Switch XL

for what purpose?

>bigger screen
>thinner bezels
>better charging port placement
>bigger battery
>smaller SoC process to increase battery life
>bettery joycons

I just want to see people take advantage of modular controller schemes, like said.

A rail shooter that responds to how you move the screen with pistol grip handles would be fucking sick

make a non portable version that comes with the pro controller

Why, though? Do you just really like stacking plastic boxes by your tv?

With a better graphics card and cpu

So a Youtube app?

Only real changes I would make (and that are viable in terms of cost/marketing/etc) are:
>move charge port
>larger storage
>gorilla glass or tempera glass screen
>reinforced Joy Con connections on Switch tablet

and that's it.

i don't want to worry about joycons nor a portable screen
just give me a normal controller and normal console

More powerful dock with dual-screen support, a Switch U.

What a piece of shit this is.

More colors

You can already do that by just leaving it docked forever and using a pro controller. This is part of what makes it cool

>Spend 90% of the time playing switch docked
>I know what our audience want, lets make the switch screen bigger

the switch will likely lose the dock entirely at one point and gain the ability to use a standard usb charging cord or a wireless charging pad that most people already have for their phones

beyond that making it slimmer and improving the battery life are obvious

the bignig improvement i would like, that won't happen, would be for the switch to synch up with ps4, xb1, and windows 10 pcs, so you could play switch games on systems that could use their extra power to make the games run at decent specs

It already uses a usb charging cord, though

i thought it used one of those mini usbs that break easily

>You can already do that by just leaving it docked forever and using a pro controller
it eventually warps the switch due to heat though
they should have just gave the switch itself a hdmi out if they wanted that

It's using USB-C which is going to be the standard within a year or two. They won't switch back to old tech in a later version

>it eventually warps the switch due to heat though
I'd love to see any reputable proof of this, instead of randos on the internet

>wanting a glass screen
That's nice for scratches, but the plastic screen can't shatter and you can buy a glass screen protector for $5 anyway.
The Switch is pretty tough as it is.
youtube.com/watch?v=qG4ihWOEtpA

Not that user, but some switches ARE slightly bent toward one end or the other. Mine actually is, but it's NOT due to heat. The Switch doesn't get nearly hot enough to do that, with or without proper ventilation. It's due to a thermal injection error, when the molds were being made at the factories. Some dude on Reddit explained how the thermal injection process works, when things are manufactured at factories.

tl;dr - They were sent that way from the factories, anons everywhere swear they would've noticed immediately after opening it, and the bend is only a fraction of a fraction of a centimeter away from being straight either way.

>lets undercut Vita sales even more!
>who cares about streaming video?

what a fucking misfire

The only thing thats gonna change is a bigger battery. The size isnt going to change because its already so big.
Best case scenario is a Pascal version with a 1080p screen.

Get rid of Gyro
Improve battery life
Link up 3DS/Wii U/Switch accounts so games can be shared
Allow a free bare bones option for online
Get 3rd party games that aren't 5 fucking years old

Don't forget how it can't even play all the PSP games the Vita can without hacking it just because some dumb fuck never got a few signatures. Pic related.

I don't think it could run most 3DS or Wii U games without heavy modifications just because of the different system architecture. Best to hope for is letting people download Virtual Console games they already own for free.

>Actually make it something that would interest a consumer

How would I know what that is?

If you do a bigger screen it'll have to do 1080p or sacrifice PPI, I doubt Nintendo wants to target a third resolution as well

>Actually make it something that would interest a consumer
You mean a PC?

Smaller revision, like 6.2 inches including controllers. Maybe the controllers come off, maybe they don't. I think a handheld revision would be optimal

Maybe one that's handheld specific and has traditional non-removable controls.

This seems to be the most obvious to me, and it's one I would personally like.

Is the picture real? Like is there a article about it? Or was it just Photoshoped for the thread?

I hope you stand on a plug

Photoshop

Longer battery life and a dock that doesn't scratch the screen, makes the console more powerful in docked mode that is compatible with the original Switch as well.

If I was in charge here's what I'd do:

cheaper, smaller, Switch built down to hit the $150 price point.
Possibly clam shell design, no removable joycons, locked to 720p even while docked. Dock sold separately for $20-$30

"New" 2DS as one last send off for the DS line to fill the $100 handheld market niche for a few years.

non-mobile Switch hardware loaded with retro-games and in a retro-style case for a low price

"New Switch" based off newer Nvidia SOC hardware but still compatible with the Switch library. Same size and form factor as the original Switch complete with detachable Joycons.

Also a new even cheaper mobile-centric Switch built to be even cheaper, smaller, and tougher as the Switch for little kids like the 2DS is currently compared to the "New" 3DS.

I'm really glad Sup Forums doesn't run Nintendo

I just want to ask a question about the Switch to Switch owners and I don't know where to do it so I'll just post it here:

How's the Joy-cons when playing 2d games? Are they good or bad? Is the lack of a D-pad an issue or it's just fine the way it is?

The buttons are literally the same thing. Shovel Knight controls great on a single stick

Interesting, I was watching this video youtube.com/watch?v=J8QWRB2UTCs&t=206s

and the guy said it was terrible for 2d games.

Dunno how I'd name it.
> No portability. Just a cube or standard console-like design.
> Cheaper. Much cheaper. Possibly aiming at 150-200$ range.
> Slightly stronger hardware so it can run games at full HD.

Basically a boring console with waggles being the only gimmick.

Smaller price means more install base means more profit from games.
Standard factor means less technical problems.
Full HD is not that outdated, even in era of PS4Pro/Scorpio.

underrated

>get rid of gyro
there goes good controls for splatoon and breath of the wild
>improve battery life
its already as good as the 3ds
>link up 3ds/wii u/switch accounts so games can be shared
just like how you can link up ps3 and psvita accounts with your ps4 so games can be shared
thats a dumb expectation, im sure crossbuy will still be a thing like it was for some games on the 3ds/wii u already
>allow a free bare bones option for online
agree, even though online is cheap
>get 3rd party games that aren't 5 fucking years old
maybe if you would look past the memes you would see that the switch already has great indie support and is getting great third party support later in the year

This guy gets it. People need to stop making meme complaints and take a look at reality. Technology is not some kind of magic where you get guaranteed advancements every year either.

bundle it with mh5

Put some kind of signal booster in the dock for fucks sake, mine won't connect to the internet for fucking shit

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ITS UR INTERNET EVEN THOUGH NO OTHER DEVICE IN UR HOUSE HAS THIS ISSUE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i'm hoping for the Switch Home

imagine how much less it would cost if they made a unit that didn't have an integrated screen and didn't use expensive mobile parts, just use cheap household components that don't work when you unplug them

it would cost like a hundred dollars

>That's nice for scratches, but the plastic screen can't shatter

Gorilla glass can't shatter unless you pistol-whip the screen regularly.

Get rid of all the meme features (removable joycons, dock, gyro, "HD" rumble, anus thermometer), lower the price by $200, move the charging port to the top where it belongs. Done.

How many years until we can expect one anyways? I want a Switch but I really don't want to get one knowing this will probably happen

You people are just as bad as the losers telling Nintendo to get into real estate, and you would run this company into the ground.

>nintendo will never release a smoke version of their console again

Works on my machine.

Close the thread please, OP

It won't happen any time soon, Switch is already big enough, so an XL version would be stupid and unappealing. A dock only version would be just an underpowered PS4/XONE and would only appeal to a small demographics that has an interest on Nintendo's consoles.

What I can see coming is a smaller Switch, but seeing as how everything inside the Switch fits perfectly, it probably will take some time, at the earliest end of 2018 or 2019 until they release it.

I don't know. I picked one up for $20. Enjoying all the PS Vita and PSP games I want on my TV.

>Dude just get rid of the only things that make people want to buy it!
>Surely it would sell just as well if not better if it had the same shitty specs and none of the features that make it worth it

>inevitable
Just like the Wii revision?
Or the Gamecube revision?
>or N64?
>SNES?

E3 2018. Summer release 2019. If I had to take a guess.

Wii Mini
N64 Expansion Pack
Panasonic Q

Got me with the snes

I can totally wait that long. I was worried about longer. Thanks, I'll believe in you and stay patient.

I'll make two models.

1. Switch Mini: The old model in the form factor of a Vita with the controls permanently attached.

2. Switch Plus: Beefier hardware with redesigned though functionally identical Joycons with more grip.

> charger on bottom
> shitty dock
> plastic screen
> weak hardware
> warps

It'll be longer if the Switch is as successful as it appears to be. The only reason the 2DS got rushed out as quickly as it was is the affect the 3D gimmick had on sales.

>>Dude just get rid of the only things that make people want to buy it!

Only thing that makes people want it is Breath of the Wild.

That certainly is an opinion a certain kind of person might hold.

Where you going to put the charger? Inside the exhaust port at the top? Or how about where the controllers go on the sides?

Blaster Master Zero was fine for me with the analog or four buttons.

Charging port should be at the top. Move shit around until it's at the top.

>but but muh dock integration requires it to be on the b-botttom

Then put it on both sides fagface. WiiU tablet had it on both sides so you clearly can do it. Fucking morons.

Wii mini was more of a restricted model rather than an improvement
Expansion Pak was an exapnsion, not a brand new console revision

>Putting a charging port where your hot air is coming out
Someone give this guy a job, he's clearly an engineer.

DS came out in 2004. It's first revision was in 2007, second revision in 2009 and third revision in 2010

3DS came out in 2011, got the XL in 2012, 2ds in 2013, and the final revision in 2015

Take that info as you will. It's worth noting that Nintendo home consoles tend to never get major revisions with the exception of the Wii years and years after the base model was out of production. That being said, its kinda a gamble how Nintendo is planning on handling the switch since it is considered by them to be a home console with added portability

If a dock with a hardware boost can count as a revision in the OP, I have no problem counting the expansion pass as one

>Buying a console for anything but its games

Don't forget headphone jack on dock, like wtf.

>reducing the gameplay experience to a standard controller and a tv

Congratulations, you just made a Wii U!

>SNES

>2021
Shift more development resources into iOS

$100 Switch

>2022
First game on playstation 5

last switch games

>2023
no more hardware

> putting a charger on the bottom so the tablet can't rest on anything while charging

Even dumber

I guess I'll buy a Switch if it's unannounced by E3 '18.

Print a two dollar piece of plastic to charge it while it's like that then. Even dumber is you pretending to be an engineer. If you were in charge we'd probably see exploding batteries like Samsung.

The Hori stand isn't that expensive either. I think one of the cases that's out for it lets you do that too.
Just make sure to have holes cut in back for the air intake.

Dock doesn't scratch the system unless you act like a retard with it.

same size overall but reduce the bezels and make the screen bigger (do NOT make the device bigger, that would be a very stupid thing to do)

upgrade the SoC (not sure what they'd do though - the X2 can either have more power, or improved battery life)

increase internal storage if possible

tweak the dock design to avoid any warping scratching issues

that's literally it

I also can't see an upgrade until holiday 2018 at the absolute earliest

The dock providing a hardware boost is completely out of the question. It couldn't feasibly happen

I've found shit loads of ones people designed on thingverse and various other sites.

>More powerful dock?
You can't make a piece of plastic with a small controller board more powerful.

They'd have to make a decent console to fix the graphics issues, which they wont.

it could, it's just that the entire system would need a re-design

> ITT insecure first adopter cucks

Get ready for your shit to be obsolete

Obsolete like you were 5 minutes after you were born?