G2A BTFO

Is Randy /ourguy/?

FUCKING LIBERALS MAN

Not gonna get my hopes up, any change will probably be temporary

Does Randy honestly think his dying company can exert serious influence on G2A

not familiar with G2A

who are they and why are they Satan?

>they Satan
Only whiny faggots hate them, they sell game keys for cheap, some of which may be stolen

Post yfw you are neither Anthony Burch nor Randy Bo-Bandy.

Nobody gives a fuck and nobody buys your games Randy.

They resell game keys for cheaper than retail. Sometimes the keys are stolen.

because they threaten the humble merchant business

ah, Randy is just being his usual punk ass bitch self then

Buy my game, faggot.

That's the best part. G2A has to kill their protection racket all for a deal with fucking Gearbox.
It's fucking hilarious.

>or else they walk
How terrifying.

G2A is bigger than Gearbox.

Sing it with me now:
NOBODY

They resell game keys for cheap. Know wonder TotalCancer hates them.

>"G2A really need this deal to sell keys to the 2 dozen people who will actually buy this garbage for over 5$!"

>Know wonder
>Know wonder
>Know wonder
user...

PC video game code marketplace, sells lots of stolen keys and keys bought with stolen credit cards under the guise of 'legitimate marketplace'

tl;dr devs get chargeback costs which sometimes almost bankrupt them, consumers get fucked with 'faux insurance'

SHUT IT DOWN

All I want to know is this: would keys be more or less expensive?

Gearbox is partnering up with them to force that change they want. Literally the only reason to do so.

always more expensive if the devs get their say

How was Randy not aware of that beforehand? I thought it was pretty well known that site does criminal shit.

no*
I will now commit seppuku for my failure.
*death sounds*

>EITHER YOU STOP YOUR PROFITABLE BUSINESS, OR WE WILL NOT SELL THE COLLECTORS EDITION OF THIS REMASTER THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT

He wasn't even aware that his tale of how Gearbox got its name was a lie so I doubt he has the awareness to catch on to this until Twitter told him so.

Good work Randy. Nobody noticed that you only did this once people complained about the partnership and to didn't give a shit until that happened.

Post your face when you aren't Randy!

>devs get chargeback costs which sometimes almost bankrupt them
Never happened.

>John "TotalBiscuit" Bain

cringe

damn that's good

Doesn't TB emulate and shit?

Why would he take issue with a site selling shit for cheap if he straight up doesn't pay for some of the shit he plays?

=Devs would rather you pirate the game since G2A keys bought with stolen CCs cost them actual money in chargeback fees.

No dev is being a jew by not wanting to actively lose money on some of their game's sales.

That's mean though

Are you fucking kidding me Randy? Are you telling me you had no idea what G2A was when you made this deal? This is some lowly faggot trying to stir up shit for attention.

Fuck you, Randy, you know exactly what your doing you spineless faggot.

Emulation doesn't cost the devs money while a credit card chargeback can.

They call him Randy the Eternally Rekt.

Yeah, pirating is one thing. But if the type of shit g2a does got way more prevalent the only people that would suffer in the long run would be the consumer

Misappropriating funds is even meaner though.

Why is a developer having a deal with G2A? Isn't G2A a grey area in the industry right now, that one place everyone knows of which could get you in trouble but everyone just accepts it since it's useful?

website is literally owned by scamming gooks in china(most gooks can't get a real job so they scam people and send us fake products.)

g2a has many reports of people buying games with stolen credit cards, then the person buys the game from g2a and the game gets either removed from their account or worse, they get banned.

TinyBuild got hit by it super hard.

And I'll keep buying from them when I can't pirate my fav games

fuck you Randy and TotalCancer

t.Gabe

Anons are leaving out the part where charge back fees mean the devs actually pay money for every stolen key G2A sells (they're acquired with stolen credit cards).

It's actually better for both parties for you to just pirate the game at that point because in that case, you aren't paying money and the developer doesn't get a hit either. Unless you're just feeling really edgy and want to pay $50 so the developer loses $20

fucking burn

I think he knew but was hoping no one would call him out on it, so now that someone with a name has he's trying to look like the good guy with empty threats to change their ways or they'll leave.

>screenshotting your own comment

Haha really? That's awesome, I hate those fuckers.

Yep, had F.E.A.R. removed my account.

Bain?

How convenient that they're doing this after being called out.

well aren't you just the cutest little edgelord.

>g2b will change their immensely lucrative business practice because some failing game studio demands so

Not being edgy,sucks for other devs,but I know the tinybuild guys irl and they're assholes.

Wait, so texhnicallly assuming this partnership with gearbox dies, wouldn't buying tons of copies of battleborn with a fake cc cost randy lots of money?

>ruin steam sales
>surprised people find other ways to get games for cheap

Nobody to blame but yourself, Gaben.

This is Arbitrage, right? Doesn't steam have any form of regional protection?

>dont get legit BL3 keys
or
>keep making thousands of dollarydoos

gee thats a tough one

Randy is a criminal, he knew and won't go through with walking away.

It's a secondary market that sells keys at whatever price the consumers think is fair rather than whatever the publisher decides which is of course pure evil.

Also even if you don't believe they sell stolen keys, they're still a scam site if you've ever looked closely at G2A Shield. Seriously, I find it difficult to believe Gearbox didn't do any research on G2A before publicizing a deal with them.

I can only repeat myself, this:
>devs get chargeback costs which sometimes almost bankrupt them
has literally never happened. The TinyBuild thing was not about chargebacks whatsoever. TinyBuild suspected G2A of selling "stolen keys", not keys bought with stolen cards.

I don't know why people feel the need to lie about this shady service. It's not like there aren't enough legitimate issues with it.

Devs would literally prefer piracy because they don't get charge backed for that. This is literally fraud and it worse than piracy.

G2A would get more pressure if the negative press surrounding them loses them a ton of customers, but their such scam artists that it probably won't convince them

/our guy/

That's not as funny as the guy who got offended at Randy responding.

>tl;dr devs get chargeback costs which sometimes almost bankrupt them, consumers get fucked with 'faux insurance'

There proof of this? Not doubting you just genuinely curious since it's the first time I've heard of it.

Didn't know that, sounds great, haha.

It is when those keys are stolen. You might as well fucking pirate it.

He's lying. No game dev has ever been backcharged to near bankruptcy.

I have bought only through G2A for the past 3 years and I've never had anything removed from my account. If anything, I've contacted customer service and they've given me more games.

>buying cd-keys from shady ass websites because you're fucking poor
Might as well just pirate single player games if you're going to be a worthless fucking bum

>Jim "Jim Sterling" Sterling

God I'm glad he's dying.

>works for me :^)

Watch that cranial temperature.

Did they try to partner with G2A because they have nothing left to lose?

I've only bough ARK from Kinguin since my friends made me play and I didn't want to shell out full price.

Works for most people, actually. That's how the top sellers on that site get their ratings.

its an open market for game keys

this means you get legit and frauds listed and then you have to pick one.
there are many examples of legit keys and illegal ones being removed from users. you decide if its worth the risk.

I wish I had your experience with G2A

>They resell game keys for cheaper than retail. Sometimes the keys are stolen.
How have they not been busted into the ground yet? Wild guess they're Russian or Chinese and don't give a shit about legality.

I WOULD F*CKIN PIRATE IF IT WEREN'T FOR DENUVO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Too bad for you that he's responding well to treatment.

Russian/BR keys are Iron Curtain locked.

emulation has little significance on the world of modern gaming, given the games that can be emulated and could possibly detract from sales are no longer being sold or produced period.

shits real.

Too bad the response is usually an eventual regrowth of the tumors.

>they create a place for thieves to fence keys
>thieves cause massive charge backs to game devs and make them lose a shit ton of money, some of them have to shut down after making a game because the charge backs are so big
>g2a turns around and goes to those game devs and tells them to exclusively sell with them and they will help prevent those specific thieves from fencing their keys
>game devs can't say no because it's either they lose money to g2a or lose money to g2a indirectly anyway

It's russian mobsters going into a mom and pop and selling them "protection" or else.

Who like me can't wait to see this shit blow up on Randy face?

>TB changes the industry for the better with his pro consumer persona
>Sup Forums does nothing but complain and shitpost.

Tons of cancer patients respond well to treatment only for it to come back even harder.

If g2a didn't need to die I would agree. It's the bigger evil here.

it literally can't

Either they don't sell on G2A because they are so ebin and brave for standing up to theives

Or they force G2A to change their ways and become le hero we deserve

it's literally check mate for G2A

Yes, because their continued existence really hinges on that amazing Bulletstorm deal.

Pretty good cdkey seller site. I never had a problem with them and usually buy cdkeys there if I use it on an alternative account if it's for an important account with other games. I don't give a shit if it doesn't pay the developers cause someone had to buy the fucking license for the fucking key to begin with. The whole thing about developers is retarded considering the fact the people that bought the game are just reselling it for a profit.

Or they dont give a shit because they are russian/gooks