youtube.com/watch?v=dNgph1g422Q
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ e357ada.jpg/
youtube.com/watch?v=ylouY3GIDSw
youtube.com/watch?v=5ok9bzDzaS0
youtube.com/watch?v=O6YURGwCsMg
youtube.com/watch?v=mqAzKJIr5aQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably

Easily the best OST on the Switch, Okabe/MONACA has kind of dethroned Mistuda as the OST hype-man for me.

And it probably will have the best open world ever, basically Xenoblade X but more colorful and with more charme and better gameplay.

It's not Xenoblade Chronicles 1 though.

Will it top Nier?

All it really has to do is have ACE on board, have a total fucking banger like You Will Know Our Names, and have a regular battle theme that isn't terrible.

Better than Mistuda's? The game isnt out yet.

>I love this world because you're in it!
another quality game. can't wait.

Shame the character designs are shit

Mitsuda composed ONE(1) track for the original Xenoblade. You know what the last somewhat notable game he composed the entire soundtrack for was? Stella Glow. And before that, he composed 3 songs for Kid Icarus Uprising.

Pretty much everything we love about the original Xenoblade's OST was thanks to ACE+ and Shimomura. Mitsuda might just be washed up at this point.

>listening to stella glow
>this track pops up youtube.com/watch?v=54rhVABA4qw
When did Mitsuda become Sakimoto?

Unless it has britbong dubbing, I'm not interested.

what are the chances they finally get rid of fetchquests and the NPC day night cycle shit?
Just cut the bullshit and make an actually good story like Xenogears.

That was probably all Soraya's doing and Takahashi himself is actually a hack writer, huh?

I love every single person involved in the staff but you guys are overhyping it so hard that if the OST is anything but flawless, I will be extremely disappointed

>Pretty much everything we love about the original Xenoblade's OST was thanks to ACE+ and Shimomura.
REEEEE Manami is the one who did more than half of the soundtrack not ACE or Shimomura
youtube.com/watch?v=ApQH1WyngY4

I dont think so, but if it does it'll be a good year. Nier is in mu opinion, the game with the best ost. In XB2 can top it, then I'll be blown the fuck out.

Okabe has ascended from this realm, at this point the only one who could top an Okabe OST is Okabe himself.

>That was probably all Soraya's doing and Takahashi himself is actually a hack writer, huh?
No, I think Takahashi hasn't tried nearly as hard as he did with Gears or Saga in a long time. I swear there's an interview where he says he thinks his writing ability has deteriorated.

>no other sword will tell you this
Is this why most swords make for poor travelling companions?

>the best
Eh, Mitsuda isn't what he used to be. He's still talented, but his output isn't nearly what it was back in the Chrono days (in volume if not in quality).

Will probably be breddy gud though.

>of any JRPG
I don't know man, Mitsuda's great and all but on the other hand, Falcom's consistently held the title of best JRPG soundtrack composers for 30 years now.

>That generic as fuck animu writing

Fucking hell, Takahashi, what are you doing, man?

Don't debate me on this. I know what I'm talking about.

ACE+ did pretty much all of the battle themes, which includes some of the most famous songs in the game, such as YWKON, Mechanical Rhythm, and Engage the Enemy; as well as several field songs like Prison Island(2nd visit), and Riki's Theme.
Shimomura did only a few songs, one of them being Xenoblade's main theme, which, I shouldn't have to point out its impact. There's also Shulk and Fiora's theme, which is perfect, but also Time To Fight, which is generally regarded as being piss-poor, especially when compared to almost every other battle theme.
Manami's specialty in Xenoblade was area music, cutscene themes, some other assorted pieces. The most notable of her output is likely the Colony 6 theme. You tend to hear her music most of all while playing through the game, but its purpose generally is to fit the atmosphere appropriately without being distracting, which it does well, so that the music doesn't begin to wear on you after a while.

>falcom then
youtube.com/watch?v=EceIW-yUiiY

>falcom now
youtube.com/watch?v=dNgph1g422Q

how do they do it?

>will it top a shit game for tasteless hipsters
I would't worry.

>tfw you lived to see Yoko Taro, a B game director with some of the worst gameplay under his belt surpass Tetsuya Takahashi's modern output

>ACE+ did pretty much all of the battle themes, which includes some of the most famous songs in the game, such as YWKON, Mechanical Rhythm, and Engage the Enemy; as well as several field songs like Prison Island(2nd visit), and Riki's Theme.
Those songs are overrated shit. Especially the battle themes. To this day I wonder if people are just pretending to be retarded when they say they like them.

The field tracks are the ones that make Xenoblade's OST so amazing. Bionis' leg, Valak, the jungle, Mechonis' arm, the villages.

Okay, well, you can say you hate every battle theme, presumably because you're triggered by electric guitars or some shit, it's not going to change the fact that the ones I named are beloved among Xenoblade's fanbase as a whole.

What I also forgot to mention is that ACE+ composed a few field tracks themselves. Namely, Gaur Plains, Valak Mountain, and Agniratha.

Magic.

>I haven't played the game
the post

>I swear there's an interview where he says he thinks his writing ability has deteriorated.
That's what happens if you are forced to appeal to the Nintendo audience.

>forced
Takahashi says Nintendo's given him more freedom than any of his previous publishers, though I agree Nintenbros would prefer generic shonen fantasy (xenoblade) over epic mecha sci-fi (xenogears) so he catered to whoever would get him the most money, and when he finally got the chance to return to mecha sci-fi (X) it completely backfired because his new audience hated it.

Reminder that OP is a shill. Fuck off, Nintendo

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ e357ada.jpg/

wtf i hate creating threads to discuss games now

most contrarian post I've seen in weeks

>Okabe/MONACA has kind of dethroned Mistuda as the OST hype-man for me.
Wrong.
No.

spam isn't allowed

Any OST by anyone will be better than the shit Sawano made in XCX.

Such an overrated producer, peaked with KLK and AoT.

I played TitS and waited the entire game for a standout track. Is its OST just exceptionally dull compared to other Falcom games?

>spam

Yes, spam.

I doubt it. From the looks of the trailer, it doesn't seem to be some huge open world that is entirely open to you from the very beginning. It looks closer to Xenoblade Chronicles, where you have open levels, rather than open world.

Pretty much all of the songs in FC are great and the worst songs are still competent. FC is still Falcom's weakest soundtrack though, besides maybe Tokyo Xanadu but that's only because TX is ruined by the screeching banshee idols

Trails games in general tend to be a lot more laid back with its tracks compared to Falcoms' other series. Whereas Ys' soundtracks tends to be high-energy right away, Trails games are mostly relaxed save for special fights and climatic parts of the story.

Sequel's full of fucking amazing tracks though.
youtube.com/watch?v=ylouY3GIDSw
youtube.com/watch?v=5ok9bzDzaS0

Step it up

youtube.com/watch?v=O6YURGwCsMg

>not posting the best track
youtube.com/watch?v=mqAzKJIr5aQ

Xenoblade was made to get the studio's morale up after Saga and X had it's story neutered early on.

I do feel like X started to tiptoe in some interesting themes, but then the game ended.

Chronicles was pretty much 'wide open areas connected by corridors'. Colony 9 (open), then Tephra Cave (corridor), Gaur Plains (open) and then Ether Mines (corridor). I think they might not have 'corridors' this time but different ways of getting to and from the open areas (airships etC).

Yeah, pretty much. If you could count Eryth Sea as a corridor, pretty much every area is connected by these straight lines.

I want another X-style world, but those are extremely hard to make, and it would be in direct competition with BotW.

It won't. I don't consider any of the Xeno games to have the best osts of any rpg.