ITT: Fuck you I liked it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1zkblflV-UA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DQIX was so fun, played that shit for hundreds of hours. Not as good as DQV but easily one of the best mainline Dragon Quest games

I liked it too, probably my favorite DQ game.
Is there some kind of meme about people hating it or something?

I don't know that most people would disagree. Is this just a thinly veiled dragon quest thread?

I've never played VIII before due to not having a ps2 when i was younger. Is the graphical downgrade worth gaining portability in the 3ds version, or should i just commit my ass to my computer seat for 80 hours and emulate it?

What's there to hate about it? It's a good game.

>Is there some kind of meme about people hating it or something?

yes

Played like 170 hours of it, never really got too deep into the dungeons, only ever got one boss dungeon and that kicked my ass. Fun as fuck though

Personally, I always prefer to play those kinds of games on a handheld even if the experience is shittier. Nothing beats playing long ass JRPGs on your comfy sheets with your handheld and some snacks. I can't imagine going through all of DQVII sitting on a chair looking at a huge screen, that's just not how these games are meant to be played I think

Everyone likes DQIX OP.

You're an idiot.

That's kind of the way I'm leaning. I played through vii on the 3ds recently, and while a lot of it was just playing it on my bed, it was nice to take it out of town with me.

Paladin is best class

holy shit this

Dragon's dogma ripped off the vocations from DQ IX

IX isn't bad, there's just a lot of problems that prevent it from being great.
>probably the most chock full of retarded puns out of every DQ game
>absolutely no party conversations at all since they're all created by you
>the few characters the story does have are fucking boring and/or annoying
>hiding a metric shitton of content behind Wi-Fi that no longer works
>grottoes being an endless grind unless you use the hoiri tables to cheat them
>having to re-level your vocation multiple times after you reach 99 is near impossible without a grotto with an MKS or PJS floor

Fantastic game.

I put a good amount of time into it and, before Nintendo baby internet was shut down, I used to participate in the online events.

I bought my bro a copy a long time ago and we had some fun grinding for metal slimes together.

the brown girl in the desert queendom was a qt.

The party members having no dialogue at all really fucks it up for me. It gets a bit better by going solo, but that fets hard, and the game isn't designed with solo in mind

People like this though or at least I do

who /downloadedallthedlcquestsintime/ here?

Do people not like it?
It was a great game.

I am.

Nephew deleted my save file last year though.

The original looks and sounds fucking gorgeous, even a decade later. The 3DS version has more content, plays MUCH faster and is slightly rebalanced. If you don't mind the hard but not unmanageable technical downgrade, go for the 3DS version.

t. guy who played VIII on the PS2 three times for a total of 500 hours

It literally breaks the game.
>too much fucking defense, very rarely will anything do more than 1 point of damage even with mediocre equipment
>has access to kabuff to further strengthen it's defense if they need to
>Knight's Watch

at what point could you even switch to paladin?

after a quest from the paladin chick in the desert town.

What was your Party Lineup?
Paladin, gladiator, armamentalist and priest here

My first DQ, it was colourful, good music and varied gameplay.

Glad I started light before playing Dragon Warrior.

Most of my steam is fuck you i liked it. Skyrim is pretty shit without a lot of mods tho

Are you me?

Depends, are you a trap

My second favoretie of the series

Whats not to like? Its a good back story for roxas and organization XIII as well as good combat

I /downloadedthesaveditorfromgbatemp/, fag.

>Whats not to like?

Ask that to Sup Forums, I can't even say that i like some aspect of it w/out being raided by autists caloing on "my shit taste".

I love it and is one of my favorite games on DS, I play it atleast once every year.

What can I say? It was comfy

Lords of Shadow 2

Pic related

this game was my favourite from the ds, loved the opening youtube.com/watch?v=1zkblflV-UA

Better than ST by a landslide

Holy shit somebody gets it. Finally.

Nigga everyone liked this shit at one point.
Notch got lazy and left this giant pile of potential go to waste. Kids praise it while the people who can see what it could have been hate what it was left as.

explain yourself

Please play the PS2 version.

I still play occasionally. It's more of a game to see what I can do to make all of the mods I have compatible with one another.

I'm at 128 and counting.

I wasn't aware people hated that game.

Pic related for me.

If you are used to Dragon Quest being a large world you sail around, explore villages, and solve local problems until you piece together the requirements to get to the end, then DQIX's linearity and highly repetitive postgame quests were quite disappointing.