Wouldn't it be neat if Nintendo made a Zelda game that really went against the standard formula?

Wouldn't it be neat if Nintendo made a Zelda game that really went against the standard formula?

Imagine a point any of the timelines where:

>Link didn't exist.
>Zelda was evil.
>Ganon was the anti-hero who had to save Hyrule not for noble reasons but for the sake of maintaining the natural balance of power.
>Because Ganon is the "hero", all the good races are the enemies and the traditional enemies are your friends, i.e. visit a friendly Moblin village.
>The Triforce is corrupted.

I think it would be cool.

If you don't want to play a Zelda game, just play a different adventure game. For fucks sake.

Sounds cool but Nintendo isn't likely to release a game like that

>If you don't want to play a Zelda game, just play a different adventure game. For fucks sake.

Huh? I love the Zelda series. I was just thinking of a different scenario.

Why so salty?

Sounds like fanfiction.
Next thing you're gonna say is that Midna should come back.

This

I never get these threads, they always end up with nintenbros and weebs crying about "muh feudal Japan" Zelda, literally the most fucking cliche setting ever

>Sounds like fanfiction.
>Next thing you're gonna say is that Midna should come back.

I don't get this attitude, user. It's not like my suggestion is becoming official lore or anything.

Why did you quote the entire post?

I'm not crying about anything though. I'm just imagining a speculative Zelda scenario.

I don't see why it's offending you guys.

I wasn't even bashing any other Zelda games.

I don't know. I just did. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I didn't think discussing different Zelda scenarios was offensive to Sup Forums.

>"muh feudal Japan" Zelda

I also didn't suggest that. I love the Zelda series. I also think it's fun to see alternate realities or timelines or "what-ifs".

That's stupid even for Zeda's chronology

>posts on Sup Forums
>expecting any coherent discussion about videogame ideas

Well I didn't know.

How so? It would still be "The Legend of Zelda", just this time around Zelda would be a part of the problem rather than the solution. Just my opinion though.

What would you like to see, user?

Meh. The idea is not interesting on its own, but only as a contrast to the existing formula. It's pretty much fanservice of the "what if" variety.

no, if you wanna see how bad things like this turn out, just look at the state of modern comics

What-If DLC scenario for Hyrule Warriors sounds about right

agreed

To much differences start to make the game fall apart. I would take one where Ganondorf is a good guy and Zelda is evil, but everything else on that list is just dumb.

this

No fuck off

The anti-hero one would be interesting. Maybe Ganon has a personality similar to Lex Luther or something, and thinks the triforce cant be controlled and will lead to world-ruin or something. Zelda portrayed as a mystical emperor-palpatine type and Link is her Vadar.
>tfw your cute octorok companion is cut down my a mute, elf-eared swordsman