Is there a more pretentious confusing game?

Is there a more pretentious confusing game?

Dinner Date

sadly, there are many.

I love this game

The only annoyingly pretentious things about this are the voice recordings and the secret ending video

The game is an amazing puzzle game though, not hand hilding, not linear

Why does "not linear" get praised in video games?

Isn`t this that game that only has one puzzle type that gets harder as you go through the game?

If you want linear watch a movie

It's not pretentious because you don't understand it.

The thermostat isn't being pretentious because you don't know how to use it.

Pretentious? Sure. Confusing? Not at all

It works amazingly for puzzle games like this, you are not hand led somewhere but instead you yourself decide where to go and it's more entertaining to discover things that way in my opinion

NieR and Nier Automata

>game is literally about contemplation
>you can find audio logs that give you quotes you're meant to contemplate upon
>pretentious

you can know you're dealing with stupid, ignorant people when they misuse "pretentious", using it to mask their own insecurities.

Nonlinearity in this game has no drawbacks

If you get stuck on something, it is great to be able to move somewhere else instead of hitting your head against a wall or looking up what to do. Not linear also implies everyone will have a difference experience with the game than anybody else who played it, which is really cool. In other genres, it helps a lot with replayability too

Love the game and all but I have to tip my fedora to you

Those are pseudo intellectual trash. A game can be pretentious and still have some depth.

In the Witness, I agree, but I just meant in general

>"there's no gating"
>literal scripted gates preventing you from getting some places unless you do a specific panel puzzle

i liked the game, but i dont think blow knows what gating means

What he probably meant though is that you are not forced to do thing in any certain order

Beginner's Guide.
They aren't bad games, but they are damned pretentious.

Finished all of the regular puzzles. Used guides to find audio logs. Now searching for environmental puzzles. I really wish to play this again, from scratch