What do you want in the sequel?

What do you want in the sequel?

more mick gordon

Improve the GK system by letting you continue moving while performing one, specifically while running. I don't want to be held to a standstill while ripping and tearing. If I'm already stationary, fine, but if I'm running, have me pile-drive some demons and keep moving

Also this

More cute demons

>Allow us to rip the dark lord of the 4th age a new one
>Probably deal with Hayden
>No more "Locked" arenas
>Increase enemy limit from 12 to 30 or something bigger
>Port over remaining demons (Pain Elemental & Arachnotron)
>Add modding tools for custom maps
>For shits & giggles, include PSX/N64 sound effects for Snapmap
>The Unmaker

Multiplayer that isn't total garbage

Wasn't the enemy count up to 32 on nightmare?

IN other words, have ID develop it. They had some Halo/CoD team on the MP

Faster movements. It felt sluggish compared to the real DOOM.

>run between two staggered enemies
>hit F
>clothesline them both
Shit, that would be fucking great

Faster movement, more air control, meatier guns and more gore.

Liked D44M a lot though.

I don't want "diversity" of cast that's for sure

singeplayer plot written by someone with experience and none of this

corridor/arena/corridor/arena gameplay

let people mod the fucking game,add snap map if you want for kids but let people mod the fucking game ffs

a campaign that is fun to replay

.... When was that ever a problem for DOOM?

>imps and other lesser demons get a quick punch
>Mancubi, Barons, and other big demons get the ridiculous animations (although not too lengthy)

>more gore.
Is that even possible?

A few different kinds of guns that are more interesting to use, more holograms of seeing UAC soldiers getting owned that was hilarious the first time you went to hell. Maybe a little bit faster movement, less reliance on glory kills, more variety of glory kills, more platforming sections. Maybe a puzzle or something to change up the gameplay a little bit but overall I loved it.

A few more bosses.

Thique

Needs to be more over the top, should have spilled out like waterfall for 10 seconds, completely unacceptable.

When I was a kid I couldn't wait for how fucking intense and ridiculous gore was going to get, and I have always been disappointed.

It not to be made in id Tech 5, or at least for id to change the design of the game. That engine is too ugly and too clean for what Doom (and Wolfenstein) should be.

>Running up to a staggered Baron
>leap up to head
>grab both horns
>Do backflip over its head, still maintaining running speed
>Proceed to rip head off and fling it over your shoulders

It never was, he just discovered Sup Forums and now has an axe to grind.

Based on earth
Same or very similar engine
A few new enemies and at least 2 new weapons

Otherwise more of the same

Ah nevermind then

At least one gun that does something we haven't seen before.

Hell on Earth

Less run and gun style gameplay, maybe a crafting system and an open world to add to replayability.

that'd be fucking great
>add no-stop modifier modifier for glory kills
>Dropkick trough an imp's chest
>casually slam a hellknight's head on the floor as you pass him by
>slide on the floor between a demons legs and chainsaw him in 2 all while wasting minimal time

Someone send this shit to id, this shit could be hilarious.

More open zones, less "kill everything to advance" zones.

Fuck you on all three counts

Doom and Serious Sam collab game

Much longer single player campaign
also this

Better mix of corridor and arena battles.
Hell on Earth plot.
GK chaining would be badass.
idPod joke weapon to select music tracks during replays after beating the game.

Other than that, keep everything exactly the same. Best SP FPS I've ever played.

Better multiplayer

Doomguy talking

Extra platforming elements

>Wall jumping
>Sliding

Both would add to the exploration element and the flow of combat

Look up "overwatch diversity"

>Much longer single player campaign
Ehh, I kinda agree, but they need to do some more diverse scenarios,

less arenas, more pre-spawned enemies to accidentally aggro and fuck my day up

end yourself

Dedicated mod support, and if we can't get that then I want map maker support on PC which isn't limited by console constraints

Only way I can imagine that is a different circle of hell for each mission. Could be cool though.

>Circle 3 is DOOM 3 levels of dark with freezing rain everywhere
>Circle 5 is Full of green mire and slime, mancubi errwhere
>Circle 7's color palette is all blood red, nothing but rivers of blood flowing errwhere, sufferers can be seen flailing in the blood sea below
>Circle 9 is frozen as shit, bleak blues and blacks

This could work each circle having about 10 levels to itself

>90 levels

Dude the game was already 10 hours of carnage and it was already struggling to provide anything new by the seventh hour. That much game would start getting really repetitive.

Give more reasons to use other weapons besides a lack of ammo for my 'best guns.' My end game choice, especially once I had the infinite ammo modifier, was Siege Mode Rail Cannon, Super Shotty, and turret mode Chain Gun. Even the rocket launcher felt unnecessary, and that's one of the quintessential FPS weapons.

Let me opt for 'fast' GKs, even at the exchange of maybe less stuff on GKs. Instead of ripping dudes apart, let me just Mighty Boot them in half and move on. Make it an option in the option menu rather than a relic/modifier.

Also mobile GKs. They are fast enough to not reaaaally break the flow of combat, but sometimes I just want to run through the crowd.

Some more monster types. That just goes without saying.

Stop fucking locking me into arenas, holy shit. I love you Id but please stop. It's incredibly obvious when I'm about to walk into a fight box.

What the fuck does Overwatch have to do with DOOM?

>90 levels
Damn, man, even the original games only had 32 each.

>Changing the entire theme and design of the game every 10 levels
>Repetative

It would feel a little more like a modern version of the old school way to design games

the game was a pile of shit but can be easily fixed
>remove glory kills entirely
>remove contextual ledge grabbing
>remove contextual button pressing and other cutscene nonsense
>less ground friction
>more air control and give the player double jump from the get go
>rebalance enemies to each have a separate combat role which encourages on the fly strategy/positioning
>more enemies in general + low level hitscan enemy
>better pathfinding all round
>rebalance weapons to each have a combat role
>makes chainsaw, bfg ammo, other powerups more scarce or at least make an attempt to hide them
>remove all upgrade nonsense just give the player all the fundamental tools from the get go
>larger less linear setpiece levels with multiple paths, secrets, monster closet traps i.e levels that are actually levels
>save arenas for the boss fights
>make armour function like the original Doom It just acts like a second health bar
>Wasn't the enemy count up to 32 on nightmare?
no
>have ID develop it.
modern id is utterly incompetent

Absolutely nothing

Which is what his off topic posts amount to

rocket launcher sucked in doom 4, basically outclassed by every other high tier weapon
it had too many guns overall, single shotgun in incredibly bad and instead of using a weapon for the situation it's more like use your favourite

This is what I disliked about the new Doom. Namely the first time you go to hell, every new area had waves of enemies to kill just to progress. It was so linear and got tired really fast. I wish there was more back and forth through the maps like the first Doom where you sometimes had to go through the whole map a couple times just to figure out how to progress.

>the game was a pile of shit but can be easily fixed
I agree with you it's a pile of shit but those arent easy fixes

Are they doing a complete version or should I just cave and get the base game? Everything seems to have lots of DLC now and I tend to wait but I need some demon raping in my life.

Dlc is multiplayer only it's not worth it

Literally all the dlc is multiplayer stuff

pirate it

Well fuck, I'm a dumb.
Thanks m8s

>>remove glory kills entirely

I've never gotten this complaint. It's a well designed risk-vs-reward system that encourages you to keep moving while being aware of your surroundings as you go in to get a health boost

The only thing that needs to be fixed which is related to it is that enemies need to stop becoming health pinatas when you're at low HP

wait for the easter sale and get on the cheap for ~30€

its not a risk-reward system all it means is you never have to look for health

You have to look for enemies instead

It works

>remove glory kills entirely
But what about what said. The GK system is a fine way to get health back without retreating for pickups or going full retard with regen health
>remove contextual ledge grabbing/remove contextual button pressing and other cutscene nonsense
>cuteness nonsense
Dude, that's called platforming and it was actually well done. And I don;t know where you're getting the "cutscene" vibe. At no point did I ever see a button prompt.
>more air control and give the player double jump from the get go
I can get behind that, yeah
>rebalance enemies to each have a separate combat role which encourages on the fly strategy/positioning
Didn't they already do that? What with imps both hitting you form range and charging you, Mancubi and razers providing distant cover fire, and Knights Pinkies and barons straight charging you?
>more enemies in general + low level hitscan enemy
OK, I can get behind that too
>better pathfinding all round
Eh, I found it alright
>makes chainsaw, bfg ammo, other powerups more scarce or at least make an attempt to hide them
I agree.
>larger less linear setpiece levels with multiple paths, secrets, monster closet traps i.e levels that are actually levels
W-What? Isn't that what they already had? Levels were huge in D44M and had tons of pathways an places to explore. Only thing missing was the monster closets.
>save arenas for the boss fights
I agree
>make armour function like the original Doom It just acts like a second health bar
Isn't that what it already was?
>its not a risk-reward system all it means is you never have to look for health
it kinda is bro. You have to get your ass into the fray and risk getting gibbed if you want that boost in health.

yeah they're really hard to find

as if searching the map for health makes the game more fun

it does actually
you had to you know, understand the map layout and remember things, instead of doom 4 where you just run to the next enemy arena

Environmental glory kills where you can hurl demons into big meat grinders and shit.

Risk dying by exposing yourself to danger at low HP for the reward of health

Yeah definitely not a risk-vs-reward system

yeah you do, on nightmare you're really fragile. and the 30 or so hp you get from a glory is not enough to tank a hit. Finding medkits mid fight is important if you fuck up and get hit.

it's not that it was outclassed it was just relatively the same as everything else, besides the gauss cannon and pistol the rest of the weapons may as well be the same damn thing
>It's a well designed risk-vs-reward system
it's badly designed and a cheap way to balance levels, it's also redundant since every difficulty below nightmare is insultingly easy and using them as you and many other people describe will get you killed more often than not on nightmare
>while being aware of your surroundings
this isn't ever the case in doom 4 there is no strategy or positioning or active dodging you really just run around in circles in a room while everything conveniently flys right by you
the whole thing is tightly designed to make you think there is more going on than there really is.

It was an excellent throwback to classic FPSs. It's the most fun I've had with an FPS since Wolfenstein: TNO.

I started with Doom and Wolfenstein back in the day, went on to play Duke Nukem and Blood but I'm not a purest. Developers change, games change. The new Doom was a extremely enjoyable. Maybe you were playing on the lower difficulties or something.

Better MP with ranked modes and true arena style gameplay. I got really good at the MP, but it was often unfair due to often being fucked over with no team balancing and also totally random matchmaking, and the low skill ceiling made the game feel somewhat unrewarding; I actually would often check profiles in the lobby and find that I was outperforming players with literally hundreds of hours more gametime than me. Drop the lockdown arenas from the campaign and base the maps more around constant progression and exploration. Make more maps for the campaign, but make them less huge. Preferable just fuck off with the poor balancing and massive amounts of upgrades, but if they dropped that shit then people would complain that the sequel is too "streamlined"

>It was an excellent throwback to classic FPSs.
there's nothing classic about it apart from it having Doom on the title
It's gameplay is as modern as it gets
It's mindless and easy on all the difficulty levels except nightmare and all nightmare does is basically give you one health instead of actually upping the challenge

I would be fine with them redoing the first game but maybe hell on Earth. What I want gameplay wise is
>more huge rooms/open areas
I am Vega is fun as fuck to replay, and still hard as shit
>no more unbalanced upgrades
The game is almost fine tuned say for health/ammo upgrades. But some OP weapon mods and runes ruin the balance and make the game a cakewalk.
>more mechanical enemy placement
They do some clever things but never make it too hard or intense. More platforming sections with the Revenant and Caco could be really fun. But they rarely place a caco far out while you're fighting something close up, for example.

There's room for improvement but the core gameplay is perfect so I wouldnt mind a straight Doom 2 style sequel.
A gameplay focused standalone like Wolfenstein TOB would be amazing.

So you want to replace functional and enjoyable game mechanics with tedious backtracking and wandering around until you "figure out" a map.

This is why you aren't a game developer. Only a very small niche audience would ever want that.

Really? I missed out on the 2 gun limit, lack of sprint, lack of ADS, lack of cover, lack of hitscan, and lack of regenerating health. Seems like it could get a bit more modern to me. What are some other "modern" shooters like this so I can enjoy them too? Also nightmare makes the AI more clever and ups their accuracy, shot leading, and attack rate. It doesn't merely give you more health, in fact your health is the same?

>Dude, that's called platforming
only being able to grab ledges that the level designer specifies? nope it's trash
>Didn't they already do that?
nope it's a huge step down even from the original
>Eh, I found it alright
play it again
>Levels were huge in D44M
besides the foundry and one other they are very much corridoor setpiece "levels" and even the encounters in the more open levels may as well be the same as an arena since most the monsters will be restricted from wandering out of their designated areas...
>Isn't that what it already was?
play it again
>It was an excellent throwback to classic FPSs
congrats you are the target market for this crap
>TNO
COD with wolfenstein slapped on the box (not a bad game but that's what it is)

>nothing classy about it
Did you even play the game?

It allowed the player to play just for the action if they wanted and to ignore the "story" all together. It focused completely on gameplay and kicking ass. Obviously it has similarities with mainstream FPS titles today but that is because video games have evolved and so has the market.

Grow the fuck up and realize that video games are not some sort of static industry that appeals to everything you want from the past. It never will be.

DLC that expands the single player instead of the lukewarm multiplayer shit would be a nice start.

if you dont want to understand the space you're playing it might aswell play a long corridor until the exit
you never had to 'backtrack' more than 10 seconds in the original doom, it meant you actually had to manage your resources instead of getting your entire health and ammo counters refilled every time you kill something

Replay value.

You do not get health when you just kill something.

Play the game shitter.

>mods

gay

nightmare makes the enemies do more damage so you can only take one or two hits

I'm not complaining about the story, I'm complaining about the gameplay, which is modern in the sense there's no challenge or thought involved and you just run around pressing buttons to watch something awesome happen

you think just makes it like a "classic fps"? you have no fucking clue
>Also nightmare makes the AI more clever and ups their accuracy, shot leading, and attack rate.
nope the change for nightmare is everything will just kill you in 1 or 2 hits.
they really thought outside the box for that one.

>there's nothing classic about it apart from it having Doom on the title
>It's gameplay is as modern as it gets

Blanket statement if I ever heard one

The fact that you run at all times, don't reload, don't ADS, don't regenerate health, aren't bogged down by a so-called "cinematic experience," play a silent protag, explored huge maps for secrets, use pickups, etc, is a huge step in the right direction.

IN the meantime, there's always room to move forward and try new things, like upgrades, collectibles, djent metalcore, and othe rthings

Pulling retro elements from old games is awesome, but not everything can be EXACTLY the same, dude. You sound like you're either trying to fit in with the retro corwd, or you're a part of that crowd, only you're the one sitting in the corner pouting about how it's not 1993 anymore.

>Play it again

well gee, thank you for that in-depth, well thought out, and thorough rebuttal. Any other edifying little sound bits you wanna throw my way, smartass?

shut your nigger loving mouth.

>what are collectibles
>what are higher level difficulties
>what are challenges
Yeah, no replay value whatsoever ...

you get health and ammo when you glory kill something, when you chainsaw something, or even if you just kill and enemy and you're low it drops health, I was basically never in a situation where I was short of any resource at all at any point

Focus more on gunplay/gun kills and less on contextual rip n' tear sequences.

There's literally no point in shooting the demons to death in DOOM when melee kills are quicker and give more of a reward, glory kills are okay, but they get old fast and I didn't like the games entire strategy being based around them.

Classic Doom level design inherently involves backtracking of some kind.
>show player locked door
>explore map to find key
>return to locked door
Doom 4 does this too, factually. Which you would know if you played it, retard. When someone says something factually incorrect its hard to take your opinion seriously. Kadingir Sacturm starts with a straight line, turns to the left, then has the player come back to the start to unlock the door to the right, just off the top of my head.

This
There was some good replay value.

Play on the harder difficulties. If you played on normal then you didn't experience the true game.

And sorry but it's fucking fun

Not once you've done all of those there isn't.

Personally, I think Yahtzee hit it on the head whe he said they sould be rewards instead of inevitable results. You should have to legitimately cripple them (shoot them in the kneecap/eyes/whatever) to get them to glow.

I didn't say "for these reasons DOOM is a classic FPS" but you said it's as "modern as it gets" so i'm just kinda confused?

I played it on ultra violence then nightmare. It's not difficult. You can basically run in circles in every arena and nothing will ever hit you or catch you