Square Enix to Shift development to Switch, as well as make ports of existing games

Post yfw NieR: Automata and Kingdom Hearts on Switch could happen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cbRA1mCbrac
youtube.com/watch?v=Eg5TGOr6iJg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>FF7R
FF7R
>FF7R

>60fps automata
>on switch
not going to happen

Sure, but 30 fps Automata could.

in other words:
>expect more spinoffs and bravely defect

Its going to be more garbage like I am setsuna or DQH or other bargain bin "I can't believe its not indie" games.

I honestly hope KH3 doesn't even get planned to be on the switch I own it and I don't want it to hold back something as big as KH3.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

>Dragon quest heroes 2 is unplayable on switch
>Expecting kh 3 and nier to work on it
That's asking for the impossible user.

S**t SQUAREENIX!!

Reminder they said the same thing with regard to the Gamecube and GBA, and aside from Crystal Chronicles and some SNES-era ports there wasn't much to show for it. Don't get me wrong, it'd be cool to see, but I'm not going to get hyped twice for the same bait-and-switch.

>KH3
Ha, never coming out. Even if it manages to it will be a hot mess.

They're probably just going to have TokyoRPG Factory make some "Hey, remember (old RPG)" games for it because there is no way in he'll that thing could even run something as barren as NieR.

any word on good publishers making the switch?

Nintendo already did though?

>DQH
>garbage
There should be a shit taste screening before being allowed to post on Sup Forums

if this mean there will be a new Crystal Chronicles game
i'm all for it

Try 20.

Squeenix was never exclusive to Sony you fucking retard. And personally after the shitfest that is XV I could care less about what they are doing. Squeenix has been a shit company post PS1 era

>I could care less

You meant "couldn't"

How's the dragon quest heroes port on switch?

RIP Square Enix

Wrong.

This.

Nothing good has come out of the Japanese arm of SE in almost 20 years.

DQH2 was an horribly ported game for the launch.
But from those two you listed, i see only KH3 running because its a UE4 game, and Switch seemingly loves to run those things for some reason.

>NieR: Automata and Kingdom Hearts on Switch
Those games running on the Switch's hardware? lol

If Nier gets ported to the Switch it'll be the first game I ever buy twice.

>Modern Squeenix
>Relevant in any way, shape or form
Embarrasing

bad it goes down to twenty in fights. Ps4 hits sixty.

Good, the most recent good FF game was on a Nintendo system.

so you still care then?

It sucks, get a real DQ

Sonyfan here. Good for nintendo.

Does it at least looks good

surprisingly worse than the vita version.

I'm unironically considering buying the steelbook edition even
mostly because I had ordered it, retailer fucked up so I had to get normal one just to get to play the game as soon as possible

Wrong.

I'm sure we'll see something for it in about 3 years.

kind but you really want a musou game to play well rather than look well. They removed shit to make the port run.

This has been known since a sharehokders conference a year ago.

dragon quest 10 port (japan only)
dragon quest 11 port

Try >lower number
t. shitposter

>Retarded Americlap thinks saying something that is factually wrong is somehow correct
It is literally impossible to be unable to care less you dumb nigger, the saying is "I could care less" as a juxtaposition.

>i could care less
That means you still care about since you are able to care less
>i couldn't care less
That means it's as low as you can care.

>FFVII remake will be on the switch
>yfw we will have a whole new generation of "yaoi" artists depicting cloud and sephiroth in unholy acts

No it isn't though

Nintendo got the best final fantasy game in recent years, Bravely Default, and that was just a cheap budget title by one of their C teams. Now we don't know if the team is moving up, but the fact that project octopath traveler exists means they have confidence in them.

Also don't forget, Cloud got to be in Smash. It REALLY makes you wonder what sort of back door promises on SE's side were done for that to happen.

Guys, guys, guys... what if the Switch's secret weapon is special chips and hardware boosts trough the game cartridges?

>I couldn't care less: it is impossible to me to care less than I already do, I don't care at all
>I could care less: it is possible to me to care less than I do, to some extend I do care

Comparison vid
youtube.com/watch?v=cbRA1mCbrac

You can't reach the point of not being able to care less about something when talking about it at the same time.

"I couldn't care less", you clearly can if you're spending the time to mention it.

>yfw the dress is locked behind his amiibo

I seriously doubt that. Unless they turn down the graphics settings which make it so demanding in the first place. They don't seem too eager to do that on either PC or PS4.

Square was shit after it changed its name to square enix

Cloud getting into Smash was restricted as fuck showed by how little music his stage had.

Anyone else getting the popcorn ready?

Haven't seen a single developer crash a console since the 80s.

>Unless they turn down the graphics settings which make it so demanding in the first place.
duh.

those yaoi artists have always been around

*holds up spork*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAGAGGGHHHHHHHH

Yea but they don't do it on the regular PS4 to get it to run at 60.. and they don't allow you to do it on PC either without third party tools. So why would they suddenly reconsider to make it run on the Switch?

>Kingdom Hearts 3 on Switch

PLEASE

Kingdom Hearts easily could happen. Square is not above putting shit on Nintendo systems, let alone the several KH games that have been on them. When I actually wanted to play KH I was pissed I would have had to get a DS to play a game or two.

It still blows my mind it happened because Cloud is clearly a Sony affiliated character. The only time he appeared on a Nintendo console was as a proxy character in Kingdom Hearts.

This desu

here is lowest spec of nier automata

CPU Intel Corei3-2100/AMD R9 270
Memory 4GB
GPU GTX770/AMD R9 270X

it would run like shit on switch

As a pc only player I can honestly say I couldn't give quarter of a single fuck about this issue.

I did not know that.
Might be wishful thinking then, only reason I see the game making it over in a decent form is because of Nintendo's positive relationship with Platinum Games.

They were listed on the initial 3rd Party Partner list, so I'm optimistic in something coming from them soon.

>Dissidia 3 on Switch is possible now
dick status: muh

>bravely repeat
How shit is your taste?

>Cloud got to be in Smash. It REALLY makes you wonder what sort of back door promises on SE's side were done for that to happen.

Snake was in Brawl. That amounted to precisely Snake Eater 3D on the 3DS, four years after Brawl.

>what is console optimization

Will Sonybros ever get a fucking break?

I sincerely hope not

That's good.

Enjoy getting our crumbs that you can only play on emulators and all your P2W cash shop micro transaction

>I-It's a bad port, it's not the Switch's fault

All that banter with PC users about ports, and that's how it ends.

Sakurai and Kojima are buddies
There is no sort of friendly relationship with Square and Nintendo, this was a definite business move. I dont believe it was necessarily FF related,though.

And the best version of Metal Gear Solid.

It was precursor to the butthurt that Bayonetta 2 created.

Well yea, maybe? I sure wouldn't hold my breath for it though. Cuz it's not that easy to get Nier Automata to run on crap hardware without also looking like crap.

The CPU is doable, but the graphics chip is really weak even for 720p.

Unfortunately something devs no longer understand or are capable of doing unless they're thrown a gorillion dollars.

But hey, they could make a 3DS version of Smash that runs at 60 fps.

Max capacity for a Switch cart is 32Gb and NieR:Automata clocks in at 46Gb. They could however compress the textures and audio for a gimped Switch version

Oh boy can't wait for Murdered: Soul Suspect Redux
Or Life Is Strange: Stranger Life Edition

Devs tend push the PS4 too hard because they want showpiece graphics that will move copies. It looks great, but plays at 30fps.

There really is nothing as far as gameplay is concerned that can't be replicated on the switch. It just won't look as pretty.

Ultimately, Swuare will either come back to Nintendo and prosper or stay on shitty hardware and flounder.

It really isn't a coincidence that BD and other Nintendo exclusive titles do well despite executive meddling while projects like FFXV crash and burn.

>Bravely Third on Switch

But ffxv didn't crash and burn.And bravely default is shit as well.

He took nintenbro with him!

>mfw Sora in Smash Brothers is now all the more possible

>Post yfw NieR: Automata and Kingdom Hearts on Switch could happen
It's funny that you people believe anyone would buy those games on Switch.

We don't want this shit. Our taste isn't this horrible. Kingdom Hearts has the worst gameplay I've ever seen in a game and is literally a faggot propaganda game by Nomura who is the biggest hack in this industry. Nier is just another Platinum rehash with an empty overworld.

Why would Nintendo players buy those games when there is Zelda, Xenoblade 2, Metroid, Mario, Monster Hunter and probably an original Platinum game soon?

Exactly.

I can only take so many JRPG throwbacks.
I'm looking forward to Project Octopath Traveler, but that's my limit. Didnt dip into I Am Setsuna for that reason.

you misunderstand.
I only want them there for shitposting fuel.

Don't forget the Seiken Densetsu Compilation. Switch is region free so who cares if it never gets localized.

>PCfags are mad the ps4 and xbone are holding back games technically
>somehow they are okay with the switch holding back games technically

explain this

You guys know that Nier looks like shit, has pop-ins from hell, N64 filter and an empty shit world, right? If they can't get this game at 40+ FPS on Switch, it's their fault.

It's not that, they just have really high lighting effects settings in the game and they didn't turn it down for the PS4 to hit 60 FPS. They still hit somewhere between 40 and 60 FPS. Game looks awful there, though.

Because all the lighting in the world won't save you from the nasty jaggiez.

Haven't we been seeing news like this for weeks now? And it's always "maybe", or "could". Do we have an actual list of games 3rd party developers are putting on the Switch yet? Or is it still just speculation?

awww shit what the fuck.
Ok, THATS my limit.
No more, Japan.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: STORMBLOOD ON THE NINTENDO SWITCH AND XBOX SCORPIO

I think the better reason for Switch owners not to buy KH3 is that they haven't gotten KH1.5R, 2.5R, and 2.8.

Everyone who can't read moon runes.

>Console Optimization
When was the last time a dev actually put effort into porting a game from one console to another or to the PC. This is half the problem for Nintendo unless developers actually start to use the switch as the their primary development platform they'll end up with nothing or really badly ported games running at sub 20fps

>We
>Our

Please don't speak on behalf of anybody, in any situation

Who the fuck cares about the text, I though it was a good game, good game don't need text.

youtube.com/watch?v=Eg5TGOr6iJg
You can actually go lower with it.
But i still bet on KH3 performing better than this game on the switch.