Is it actually a god-tier game or is it just the spiciest nu-male fad?

Is it actually a god-tier game or is it just the spiciest nu-male fad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GBoJg5-Hdro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's god-tier, the issues are few and far between; and, whilst it's not perfect, anything negative would just be me nitpicking on it.

Dunno if I'd say "god-tier", but it's certainly the most interactive game. Every other game feels so stiff in comparison.

>spiciest nu-male fad

I would say that the hate it gets falls more in line with that sentiment. One of the reasons why people love it so much is because of how much it reminders them of the first game. Nu-males like wind waker and shit, not the original games.

If you really want to know what they think, just look at Jim sterling's review for your answer.

it's good and i like it

Why not something in between?
It's not the second coming of gaming, but it's pretty good regardless

The spicy numale fad is to shill HZD and Persoshit 5

It's not "god tier" but it's pretty fucking good.

Really does make all the previous games look like shit.

no game is truly god tier, but this game comes close

what was your guises favorite divine beast? mine would have to be ruta because it of the zora storyline

It's really good but you eventually hit a point where you realize that the rest of the content is going to be exactly the same and all the novelty wears off

Granted this is only really a problem if you're a completionist autist like me

Its a great game. Doesn't top Majoras Mask as my favorite Zelda game, but its a close second in my opinion.

It's a good game, not God-tier. And you're a fucking moron if you think a Zelda game is nu-male.

It's not even the best 3D Zelda game but it's still great. Definitely not enough to hold a launch for a new system though.

Only did elephant and birdy so far, but elephant was definitively miles above, just getting to the Rito's village and "hey wreck that shit for us" was pretty underwhelming compared to the buildup that goes on the Zora side
Also because of that one Zora dude trying to hold the shock arrows
That dude was legit

It is a good open-world game. Take that however you wish. 8/10 personally.

Neither, OP. It's a decent open world game that vastly improved the physics and enviormental interaction that was lacking in the genre, at the expense of almost ever other thing that makes the genre good.

>tfw I now equate Sup Forums posters who laud the game as one of the GOATs with the normies who do the same with TLoU.

I took care of the Elephant and Camel first, and they were by far the coolest. The Bird was pretty cool, but the buildup to it was non-existent. I hope the Goron divine beast is a little better.

youtu.be/GBoJg5-Hdro

It's a really really really great game. I don't know what would be considered god-tier for you, but the game is great by my standards and one of my favorites of all time.

Yeah I feel the same way about The Last of Us desu. No other games have really come close to those two in recent years.

Its the best singleplayer videogame, yes.

>at the expense of almost ever other thing that makes the genre good.
what are you talking about? BotW mixes just about everything in the genre, most of it is executed very strongly as well.

Camel > Elephant = Lizard >>> Bird

i tried it on cemu the other day got bored after 20 minutes after the unbearable 30 fps and shitty LOD. combat is super boring too and degradable weapons? nah im good senpai, ill just stick to fallout and skyrim xd

Elephant=Camel>Lizard>>>Bird

I'd agree if elephant were as long as camel

samefag

Real shame bird ended up like this, it was my personal objective ever since the first cutscene in the great plateau, "i want to get to that flying thing there"

Side quests are trash, even shrine quests are uninspired (done better by TW3, Baldurs Gate, TES), weapons were redundant, had poor variety and most didn't even have different animations or mechanics (done better by DaS), the world itself was boring and even if it looked nice the ratio of empty expanses to interesting shit sucked (done better by GTA, Fallout, Yakuza), the enemies, while intelligent, all felt repetitive (done better by DD, Pokemon), the dungeons were super ass (done better by previous Zeldas), the bosses were trite (done better by Souls), the dialogue while great at certain points, for the most part was not endearing (done better by TW3, Saints Row, GTA, most Sup Forums memes).

But hey, them physics though!

same here, i wanted bird to be cool but ultimatly it was the weakest buildup and the final boss of it i had to look up how to beat his second form because i couldnt figure out that you can re-direct the fucking metal spike things into him

>god-tier
Well that's just an invitation for Sup Forums backlash

I'll say it's pretty fucking good

So basically if you combine the best aspects from multiple different games with different focuses, you can come up with an open world game better than BotW?

That's not exactly saying much.

You can? Never found that out
I mean, Windblight was pretty easy regardless, just ride the wind, slow time with the bow and fire 3 shots to his head regardless of his phase, he has no time to react and will go down everytime
The thing that worried me the most about that fight was the cold, didn't have an appropriate gear so i always kept a Meteor Rod equipped since it warmed me up, so i had to switch it to another weapon and switch back everytime Windblight was down

Even for an exploration "focused" game BotW falls short with its empty world and bland rewards.

I am thoroughly convinced that everyone enthralled with the game was that kid who would draw circles in the dirt with sticks and catch worms and shove them in girls faces.