144 Hz

When will consoles catch up?

Thats not even a legit picture comparison BR. Anyway your computer is from the 90s and struggles to run nes emulators.

have a legit one

and here's an actual photograph of the screen. this is how it looks irl. you don't even know what you're missing lol

2 gens from now. next gen they will barely have 60fps as standard

Not next gen, or the gen after that. More like never ever. Improvements in hardware will be used to improve resolution, textures, and gay filters, at the expense of frame rate which will remain at 30 fps for most games, because that's what looks good in screenshots and trailers.

never

they will never ever catch up

technology has stagnated, unless something magical happens consoles will never achieve that frame rate

the only way for consoles to get 144fps stable is to dial down the graphics or hope for a revolution of incredibly cheap and well performing chips but that will never happen

Delicious 10% Lightboost
Too bad the colors give me cancer in that mode, but eh, that's why I've got my secondary IPS monitor.

I want 120hz 1440p IPS monitor

why dont they exist?

I fucking hate this new wave of Gsync and freesync sub par monitors hiking price back up for monitors

I could pass up a steal I found a 4k AOC with samsung panel OC to 70hz for $140 new

When TVs are capable of more 60hz. Throw away your monitor and plug your computer into a tv, you'll immediately regret paying so much for parts because they don't help with the tv's limits whatsoever.

>you don't even know what you're missing lol
Then why would I care?

aren't most tv's 60hz anyway?

IPS monitors negate the reason for getting 144hz in the first place

yeah I was looking to buy an ips 144hz moniter, but unless I want to play games in 1440p I have to settle for a TN.

never, console players are ok with 30 fps.
they'll probably play 64k resolution at 30 (unstable) fps in the future.

>console players are ok with 30 fps

>a photograph
>conveying what motion blur will look like when seen in person
I just saw your post while scrolling and thought you should know how retarded you are.

well, they keep buying and praise sub-30 fps games as the best games ever (for example bloodborne, breath of the wild).
I guess they're fine with 30fps.

Why would you plug anything into a t.v to begin with? If I owned a console I would plug it into my monitor. I watch "t.v." on my monitor. I don't even own a fucking t.v because they are absolute shit for the price.

are you stupid or baiting?

>being this autistic

You've never seen a high refresh rate monitor, because that is exactly how it looks in person.

im satisfied with 60fps on my PC.

144hz is obviously better but the problem is running any modern game at a constant 144 fps is almost impossible even on the best computers so 144 hz is a total waste.

a constant 60 feels much better than >60 but not constant.

>a constant 60 feels much better than >60 but not constant.
nice meme

If you're a developer I know from firsthand experience it completely obliterates eye strain.

Plus it's amazing if you play any fps games due to the smoothness, 144Hz honestly feels like cheating in any online shooter.

If I go on ufotest and look at the 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 refresh rate animations they all look pretty much identical to that user's image, increasing in blur the lower the rate goes.

>I want 120hz 1440p IPS monitor
It does. I've got one.