My church wants me to set up a gaming room for their youth group. Any anons with kids, younger siblings, ect...

My church wants me to set up a gaming room for their youth group. Any anons with kids, younger siblings, ect..., what games do middle school kids like these days? So far we have Minecraft, Lego Jurassic World and a bunch of sports games. We currently have a ps3, Wii, 360, and Xbox one. Preferably games with couch co-op.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FglVuYr0BJg
youtube.com/watch?v=LkNvQYiM6bw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lego games are cheap and entertaining to kids. Mario Kart, and pretty much an Multiplayer Mario game should do well.

Also if they're ok with cartoon violence, Smash Bros.

>going to church
You don't actually believe that crap right?

Also get some PCs and emulate Bayonetta

I was a youth minister for three years - in my youth meeting room, I had two wiis and a one of those basketball free throw arcade games. The Wii had Mario Kart and Brawl on them.

I'm going to pick up a few more lego games next week. There's a couple pawn shops that always have a bunch for $5 or $10. I also have some Mario games I can bring in. I'm wondering if theres really anything good for Xbox one. The church probably wouldn't appreciate giving 10 year olds Gears of War

I take a lot of it with a grain of salt, but most of my friends are there so I go and help out when I can.

I like that idea. I'll mention it to our youth pastor. Thanks.

Heh, me too my fellow atheist bro, me too

No problem. We managed to get the basketball game on Craigslist for $40. Check there.

In church world, specially in youth ministry, you want kids to have fun, be comfortable, and form relationships. Vidya is a great way to start all that.

The pastor himself is really laid back about what games they play, its the middle aged mothers that are trouble.

I was kidding.

Seriously though grab a used Wii U and smash/MK8

Everyone loves those

I know he's getting a pool table and we have a foozeball table. They used to have a program like this years ago and it was probably the best time of my life. I want to make a really fun place for the kids since its in a rough part of town and alot of the kids there don't have much.

That's awesome - same experience here. Good on you; youth ministry in any capacity is really rewarding. Unrelated to vidya, but I'm heading overseas this summer to the DR to do children's' ministry over there.

Actually, sort of related; I was there last summer for the first time, and these people have nothing - dirt floors, clean water is rare, no cars or electricity, etc. But I literally taught two kids with two different Minecraft t-shirts. In the middle of scenic nowhere, Dominican Republic where kids didn't have SHOES... there were Minecraft T-shirts.

Thanks, Notch

That's awesome. Good luck over there. I feel like Minecraft is this generations Pokemon. Every kid I've ever met is obsessed with it. It's everywhere.

When our church did this...
I stole all the N64 controllers so I could play 4 player with my friends at home.

I was a bad 12 year old Christian.
Now I'm a good 25 year old Atheist.

Tell those kids to play SMT and praise YHVH or else

Kids these days would love DOOM 4. Also get them a fightan game like Street Fighter or Guilty Gear.

These mindless sheep do not know true euphoria

>went to a christian summer camp when I was young
>brought in melee but they wouldn't let us play it because of the violence
>yet double dash was okay
I don't understand it all desu senpai

get manhunt and manhunt 2

Buy 12 PCs running Windows XP and have them each play through Katawa Shoujo in its ENTIRETY before learning about Jesus.

They must learn the pain of suffering before learning of the redemption of the Lord

Personally I believe God prefers kind atheists over asshole christians

I'm sure they would love it. The church elders and parents on the other hand...

>what is theology

Just mod it so it's jesus killing hordes of sandniggers

Get some wiis and mod them for gc, wii and vc games

Make them play this:
youtube.com/watch?v=FglVuYr0BJg

>Edgelord fedora thinks nothingness started everything and end with nothingness.
>recommend some edgy platimum weeb meme game to a bunch normal decent chruch kids.
It like people like you lack actually self awareness or dont undersrand proper social dynamics.

youtube.com/watch?v=LkNvQYiM6bw

Dude, you can't get them Lego Jurassic World. It suggests dinosaurs exist and that fossils were not put in the earth by the Jews a few thousand years ago to trick us.

>saying this

Devil May Cry 4

Brawl, NSMB, Mario Kart, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo 4, Bulletstorm, COD, Mortal Kombat 9, Wii Party, PS All Stars
Pretty sure most of thode are multiplayer

Doom and Doom II are the ultimate christian games

The guy said he was kidding but still, I see where your coming from.

>Bayonetta
>edgy

>a game were you mow down hordes of demons

When you come to think of it, there's nothing satanic about Doom.

Doesn't it say somewhere in the lore the Doomguy is a catholic?

Kirby Air Ride