Why don't normies like isometric games?

Why don't normies like isometric games?

"Muh grafix" usually

Slow uninteresting combat.
If it is IGO/UGO it is find the exploi...I mean build that works.

If it has proper TB combat tends to require more engagement than normies are willing to put in.

But I do like isometric games, and I am a filthy sexhaving normie

Tedious as fuck

micromanagement

what about diablo and other rpg games though?

brigador has fast incredible combat.

so does bastion :^)

and i know i like underrail and fallout 2 but most normies wouldnt like the combat

I can tell you why because I can't even muster the interest to play an Elder's Scrolls game much less a real RPG.

>Too much reading
>Combat is slow
>Click, Click, Click
>Games start off with a massive info dump where you're told to put points into a character when you don't even know what the hell to do in the game

You can call me a casual or a scrub but I know what I like which are action games. The closest thing to an RPG I ever completed was System Shock 2 and Deus Ex.

I'd rather read a book then play Fallout 1, sorry it's just not my thing.

WRPGs are falling apart because they're trying to cater to players like me instead of supporting the actual fans. And the end result is shit that pleases neither side like fucking Fallout 4.

As if any of these people would play a first-person dungeon crawler.

I doubt they would like King's Field.

>too much reading
>I'd rather read a book

???????

I don't know how else to explain it but my mind just doesn't really work with RPGs.

I'm totally down to read a book, few things are better than lying in bed with a book. But then you got an RPG where I have to read text and then play the game and then read more texts and it just goes on and on.

I also never bother to understand the combat mechanics of the great CRPGs. I don't think I will ever care to understand what "1d10 +2" Damage means.

Classic Fallout doesn't have any more micromanagement than the newer ones

The massive info dump at the beginning of these types of games always put me off. I liked FF Tactics Advanced but it seems like western games went in the hardcore direction where everything has to be the most complex, including the amount of reading between "gameplay".

fallout is on the lower end of that compared to other isometric games

>Isometric needs to die just like TBJRPG
This is neofaggot right? Wouldn't really surprise me all sonygaf cares about is muh graphics.

>Elder's Scrolls

There is no beauty as in emotion in such games.

once you get out of the fallout 1 cave it's actually a good game.

but they'd like demons souls

To be fair Oblivion Mobile was isometric... I think. May have been another similar perspective, but I remember it being isometric.

>I don't think I will ever care to understand what "1d10 +2" Damage means.

you're rolling a die with ten sides.

instead of a six sided die with numbers 1-6, you have a ten sided die, with numbers 1-10.

the number you roll (randomly generated) is the damage you do.

+2 means, you'd add +2 to the roll.

so if you roll a 3, you'd +2 it and your total damage is 5.

it would really mean your damage range is 3-12.

the reason it doesnt just do that, is because some things are, say, 2d8, where you'd roll TWO dice, and add the total together, but they count as separate attacks for the purposes of other procs and shit.

they usually have horrid gameplay.

>reddit spacing
Turn 36d0 degrees and moonwalk back 1d1+1 reddit

>>reddit spacing

What sub did you see this on?

It doesn't look appealing. There are walls obstructing half of your view. The controls are almost always awkward.

This usually, also is plebs love the First Person POV.

Is First Person the most normie pov in vidya?

Because those are usually CRPGs and those are hard for normalfags.

Brigador, bitches.

Not a normie by any means but those games are so boring, especially if turn based. There's too much micromanagement and character builds are really fucking annoying. I don't read guides for shit so I go into games blind and that usually makes for uninteresting gameplay either way.

Diablo 2 is by far my favorite iso-arpg but no one has been able to recreate it thus far. I literally binged on D2 a few weeks ago and moved around with Torchlight, Grim Dawn, How to Survive, and more. No one has the music, character customization and itemization that Diablo 2 had. So all those games go out the window, they probably cost too much money to develop or are too risky to develop anyway. The closest thing to that, that has gone mainstream is Dark Souls.

I did play Underrail, I was recently playing Fallout 2, also played some Tyranny which was boring as fuck. I tried playing Wasteland, I tried playing Shadowrun I think its called? They just all died out, I couldn't bring myself to finish any.

are you kidding?
it's third person, first person makes normies motion sick too easily

>true fallout fans know the series better as an FPS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>classic Xcom
>Shadowrun (dragonfall)
>Commandos and its clones
>Wakfu
>any tactics game
>no beauty
>no emotion

>playing hard mode underrail
>playing psi build
>mfw the robot assault factory

but they love it user, why do you think all these kickstarter games and remakes of isometric games are so successful?

normie here
In videogames I wanna feel like I'm moving and doing shit as a character, not placing my chess piece on a virtual board. Mario 64, OoT, and everything after that. Isometrics look like Polly Pocket houses.
I was so glad when I stepped out of the house in Twinsen's Oddyssey and saw an actual 3D environment instead of the isometric house. In fact, I spent way more time outdoors than in the houses, even with the silly static camera.

Because isometrics viewpoints are shit due to the limitations that have to be placed on the games that have them. No good isometric game is good because of the isometric, but rather despite it.

Diablo 2 is a major step down from the original

but zelda

Classic Xcom.

Is this reddit spacing

unless it's on pc, there's usually some retarded shit like not being able to press two directions on the dpad to go diagonal and instead restricts you to one button

>the reason it doesnt just do that, is because some things are, say, 2d8, where you'd roll TWO dice, and add the total together, but they count as separate attacks for the purposes of other procs and shit.

No they don't.

>he didn't put at least 20 into throwing
>he dumped Dex
>he dumped Hacking
>he doesn't carry EMP grenades just for robots

It's your own fault.

Why do people doublespace? It's fucking disgusting.
Thank you for finally explaining this to me though.

What about CoD? Battlefield? Those sell like crack.

I didn't like this isometric game.
Dropped after an hour, seemed like rusted asshole.

THIS
H
I
S

sheeiiit when i make a indieshit dungeon keeper clone it's gotta be isometric. that perspective fits so well with a diggin game.