Scorpio

Is this just another console upgrade like the PS4 Pro or is this next gen?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesradar.com/heres-how-xbox-scorpio-compares-to-ps4-pro-specs-price-and-4k/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PS4 pro

It's more powerful than the PS4, look at the specs.

gamesradar.com/heres-how-xbox-scorpio-compares-to-ps4-pro-specs-price-and-4k/

>26% better than PS4 Pro (2013 hardware off the shelf)
>Next gen

It's a PS4 Pro but a little better. It's still running an AMD Jaguar CPU like the PS4, Xbox One, and PS4 Pro. It's now running at 2.3GHz instead of 2.1GHz as it was on the PS4 Pro.

3.0GHz would be the minimum to run 60fps games. i'm not sure why Microsoft is using Xbox One CPU overclocked.

So I should still build a PC if I want a real upgrade over PS4 Pro?

Because they're not really trying to make a whole new console. Also Jaguar wasn't really meant to scale a lot higher, and console gamers are fine with 30fps so they'd rather spend that thermal budget on the GPU side. Implementing an 8 core Zen processor would have made the already fairly large APU die even larger and would have increased power draw and heat.

Yes

Console hardware is almost always dated at launch already, the only thing not dated in a PS4 pro is the GPU.

The decision to use a low powered CPU was made in 2010-2011 there is no reason to continue using a weak CPU in 2017 if you plan to run games in 60fps.

It's both.

>there is no reason to continue using a weak CPU in 2017 if you plan to run games in 60fps.
They don't plan to run games in 60fps outside of simple shit like racing sims.

Slightly.
Which isn't nearly enough to think of it as a brand new console.

4K was a mistake. This buzzword went too far

Does it play PS4 games? Because that extra power is useful for?...

I agree, most people that have a PS4 Pro can't tell the difference between 1800p checkerboarded, 4K checkerboarded, and native 4K.

It's both.

"Next-gen" these days means ditching backward compatibility. Microsoft actually gives a shit so now it just seems like an upgrade.

The guy at Digital Foundry said it's a "mid-gen upgrade", so yeah, it's the same garbage as the pro.

>Does it play PS4 games? Because that extra power is useful for?...

RDR2 in native 4K, as opposed to the PS4 version which will be upscaled and the PC version which runs at 0x0 0FPS

>RDR2 in native 4K
That remains to be seen. Wouldn't be shocked if it's 4K checkerboarded on Scorpio, while 1800p checkerboarded on PS4 Pro. It'll be 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One

This desu. PS4 Pro is clearly an attempt to push 4k TV sales and test the waters for incremental upgrades.

Scorpio is really just Microsoft blindly helping Sony at the end of the day. It is like watching the Xbox division getting infected with PS4 powered parasitic Cordyceps at this point.

Even if every Sonybro traded their consoles for a scorpio. Sony still wins. Even more so because they don't have to use Playstation as a crutch financial anymore.