Are XY still considered the worst pokemon games or is SM worse?

Are XY still considered the worst pokemon games or is SM worse?
I know they are even easier than XY and the region seems more boring

Also, what's your favorite pokemon game?

I haven't bothered to play XY or SM but I will never forgive DP.

Black and White was the worst

They're a step up from X/Y, but that isn't saying much. Those are easily the worst games; even the buggy mess that was Gen 1 was better.
Gen 5 was my favorite, so discard my opinions if you want

The gen 5 games were objectively the best, followed by Platinum and HGSS

i wouldn't say they are easier than XY. Some of the totem pokemon at least posed some challenge that i never felt during XY

There's literally no way a game could be easier than XY. SM at least has one difficulty spike after the 2nd island, XY didn't even have a speedbump.

Those 2 gens were objectively the worst, can't expect anything else from a sinnohbaby.

X and Y were the best of 3D era.

I liked X and Y for the fashion shit, trainer promos, etc. Omega Ruby and Alpha sapphire were the worst games, Hoenn was an awful region and it made almost no improvements while taking away a fuckload of stuff.

>SM is easier than XY
what? i got my shit pushed quite a few times in the story. In XY i literally never got a pokemon to faint. still, i truly disliked the region and the game runs like shit. many pokemon are cool tho.

This. The only good thing about gen 4 was the physical/special move overhaul. Gen 5 also has the cutest girls.

dunno but gen 2 is the worst one for me, gen 5 is the best

>easier than XY

That's flat out wrong. You clearly didn't play them.

XY/OR AS and vanilla DP are often considered the worst blunders in the series.

SuMo is only slightly better. They dropped the ball in several major ways that only a dedicated fan of the franchise or person new to the genre could overlook.

GSC=Emerald>Platinum>SoulSilver>BW=BW2>Sun&Moon>Yellow>ORAS>XY>Red/Blue>Ruby/Sapph>Diamond /Pearl

>HGSS
>Worse than GSC
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you have brain damage

It doesn't get much worse than Diamond/Pearl. XY had their flaws, like abandoning the perfection of the scaling Exp gains from gen 5 and lack of postgame shit, but I still enjoyed them a lot. SM is a minor improvement in almost every way. Still not quite at the level of gen5, but getting there.

Why are you posting pictures of my wife?

Back off, I bought matching rings first

Definitely. If you all can like 2d Zeldas over 3d ones and find significant value in the NES/SNES Marios I dont see what the problem is. GSC was impressive as fuck. The souundtrack and depth of the world (as deep as a pkmn game can get at least) despite working on a minimalist system like the GBC were marveloua. The remakes were done extremely well but didnt break any new ground.

>tfw nintendo is such a good series that everyone has a different "objectively worst" gen
What went so right?

real talk: Gold and Silver was probably the worst new generation post-genwun

>barely any triple evolutions
>dozens of worthless non-evolving pokes that had to be fixed by gen 4
>fucking babbies
>evolutionary paths that look nothing alike and make no logical sense

That's weird because Gold/Silver to this day are still the best bar-none. Literally nothing can compete with suddenly going to Kanto.

yeah, it was a really nice touch

modern GF would never bother with something like that

The remakes improved on GSC entirely, adding the physical/special split alone is a big thing. 2D vs 3D Zelda is a horrible example because the games are actually very different, it has nothing to do with technology or graphics. Same with the NES/SNES Mario games, the physics and overall level design (The two most important things in a 2D platformer) are the differences. HGSS added so much QoL stuff that you can't ignore.

yeah but it still looks ugly

GSE was the best that the games ever looked

Why is DP considered worse than Platinum? I only played Platinum and thought that was bad.

because it has less content?

Too bad Kanto was barren as fuck. It was a cool post-game content just for having another 8 badges, but people kinda oversell the fact it's Kanto. It could be a strip of land with all 8 gyms and the E4 and hardly be different.
I'll agree GSC look better to me, but that doesn't make them better games in any way.

In terms of pandering to the adventurous kid in you, suddenly returning to the world of the prequel games is a move without equal

In terms of making an interesting JRPG with a functioning level curve, it's a fucking atrocious move

Whose bright idea was it to make the trainers in Kanto weaker than the Elite Four & Champ? It might make sense narratively but all of Kanto is just so boring. Only the final boss, Red, with his lv70-80 monsters feels like what the challenge in the game should be like.

To be on topic? Yes, SM is better than XY, to me personally? RBY/GSC are the worst to me because I have no nostalgia / didn't play them first so trying to play them feels so lifeless.

>I know they are even easier than XY
Flat out wrong. Probably the toughest mainline games.

>Too bad Kanto was barren as fuck. It was a cool post-game content just for having another 8 badges, but people kinda oversell the fact it's Kanto. It could be a strip of land with all 8 gyms and the E4 and hardly be different.
You've got to remember that they were working with a MB of space. Iwata literally invented a new form of compression to fit Kanto in there.

Only good thing SM has over XY is a harder campaign level. The cutscenes and non-stop dialogue, the region is small and linear, dungeons are teleport gates (outside of one at the end of the game, which on every fade to Black scene you get healed), pokeride made surfing and fishing non-existant. I'm sure some user can say more about the main game.

On the multiplayer, levelling up, the online, breeding, HA hunting, BP and megastones, everything that was good in gen 6 became worse.

I shit you not, you're better playing RBY than SM.

Is the gimpy one an edit?

I couldn't tell you. Because I don't know either[/spoi

I tried X/Y once I couldn't even finish it. Then again I had just fished two other Pokemon games beforehand. maybe I just burned myself out for a bit. I still want to the 3DS games another shot someday.

While that's fair and a good point, it still sucks a ton the experience out. It's amazing seeing Kanto again, especially as a kid, but then you start to explore and realize it's nothing besides gyms and Red. Not to mention the entire thing being an autowin area thanks to the leveling like said. If it wasn't called Kanto, people would shit all over GSC's postgame.

>pic related
XY: best anime, decent game
SM: worst anime, good game

I'm and I think it's dishonest to even refer to it as postgame. If that were the case, GSC/HGSS would be 2/3rds the length of any other Pokemon game. Just because they show you the credits after you beat the big midgame bosses (Pokemon League) don't mean the game is over, Kanto is part of it and Red is the actual final boss. It's just part of the surprise that you've still got Kanto to trek through.

BW anime was infinitely worse than SM anime

SM so far has had better animation than XY and an actual plot

Yellow was my first Pokemon game I can still admit that Gen I is objectively the worst.

>better animation than XY and an actual plot
Yokai babbbies get out

Better then XY but still feels unfinished. What makes me sad is ultra space had so much potential to be cool and all you get is a fucking straight hallway.

For me I find BW the best. The story is retarded but everything else is the best of the franchise in my opinion.

It's a tail, dumdum

There is a serious lack of best SM girl here

I can't stop reading that as sado masochism. Is there SM in SM?

The SM anime is too early too judge now. Wait until we get to the UB/Aether arc. Also BW and OS were worse. Yes. OS. Starring Ash "Pity Badge" Ketchum.