Shovel Knight thread. Who else is playing specter of torment?

Shovel Knight thread. Who else is playing specter of torment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTtrxKMF3Yc
68.media.tumblr.com/d0a896b39f7bc9e82bfdebea9c12708b/tumblr_one3c3sD3Y1rl9n77o1_r1_1280.png
img.booru.org/vidyart//images/24/f0f45ad18e1a9d997683fb3606845a39a9d07fe4.jpg
rule34-data-011.paheal.net/_images/50fc8c991951d99a8521f4c78789452b/1693431 - Mona Plague_Knight Shovel_Knight.jpg
rule34-data-006.paheal.net/_images/c4418fff9aa5a90464374d2c0b1c3b63/1965683 - Mona Plague_Knight Plague_of_Shadows Shovel_Knight Svenners.png
68.media.tumblr.com/7a026bbb33b448b5ae01eb2e87832e37/tumblr_oiucak3ZXL1s97ezdo1_1280.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>sjw knight

Got it a month ago. Got that grey armor yet? its the tits.

I've been using the green and purple armor. I have to say, the Reize fight caught me off guard.

When does SoT come out on 3ds?

Some time later this month, unless you are in japan.

Finished it earlier. I really liked all the new touches to the boss fights in particular, but Specter Knight is really fun to play, way more than Plague Knight, in my opinion.

Just beat it. Very nearly cried. Probably would have if I hadn't spoiled myself on what happens beforehand.

I talked to every recruit in the tower, but didn't get the achievement for that. I can't think of who I'm missing, because I stood there and made sure to chat with every minion, and, of course, I talked to all the NPCs who were always present. What gives?

retard

Is it on the Wii U already?

not bad but easily the weakest of the 3 campaigns. i hated the air combat. i would've preferred being able to pick the angle manually. didn't care for the wall climbing physics either.

Oh finally another thread

Gotta say Specter's controls are way too finicky for their own good. I thought the same for Plague at first, but Plague's double jump explosions mitigated a lot of his issues

Specter's jump slashes are balls, seriously, when Specter's above the enemy/lantern and accidentally dashes into a pit for the umpteenth time I can only really put in enough energy to play one level per session

I liked the walljumping, but the auto airdash was wonky. If we had another button for airdash seperate from air attacks, I think it would fare better.
Also, holy shit that tinker knight fight.

I died ~250 times because of the controls. Tower of Fate and Tinker's stage were the worst.

It's hard for me to really root for Shovel Knight after growing so fond of all the Orders' members and minions. I'm grateful that all he really does to them is free them from their power-mad master. I miss the camaraderie of the Tower of Fate minions, though.

never played this game, thinking of picking it up on the Switch

i died 80 times, not including the tower minigame. i probably failed at least 100 times on that. granted i did that before going into any of the levels so i hadn't mastered the controls yet.

the opening stage didn't do a good job at the whole "invisible tutorial" shit like the shovel and even PoS did.

You sound bold. I can appreciate that.

I still need to beat that, I just wanted to get the story done before I 100% everything.

I feel guilty that I got these updates for free. They're so well-crafted and enjoyable.

If you're interested enough to consider it, I doubt it'll disappoint you. Three great campaigns with a fourth on the way, appealing characters, plenty of challenges for after you master stages.

it nearly drove me insane since the game clearly didn't intend the player to do it that soon. by the time i finished it, i chain-smoked 3 cigs.

That one pit someone mentioned yesterday with the green dragon and the candle orbs wrecked me.

They really went above and beyond when it came to the stretch goals. The boss campaigns could have just been sprite edits but we got a B-side story and a prequel that was practically a new game altogether. I'd understand if they just wanted to skimp on King Knight and finally, finally, do something else, but I'm hoping it's still great.

Can we tell if they're privately weeping over being chained to Shovel Knight for 3+ years? They seem to love all this anyway.

You should have gotten a unique achievement for that.

Fuck Horace
I have been enjoying it so far. Money is sort of trivialised on SoT, i'm halfway through and already bought all the armors and some of the upgrades for the Curios

GoG link where

it doesn't help that the order of obstacles is different and sometimes flips each try.

The best campaign by and far. Story is better and platforming and combat is so god damn fun. It's weird at first but you quickly learn how to use it and add the skateboard armor to the mix and it's the some of the most damn fun platforming I ever played.

I loved it so much that when I replayed the main game I couldn't get used to the fact Shovel Knight can't just slash his way to victory. Even if you're not willing to get Shovel Knight for 25 bucks for some reason at the very least I must absolutely recommend Specter of Torment.

Specter controls like ass, but the overall quality is solid.

is it out for 3ds yet?

Only in Japan. It'll be out for every platform worldwide this month, but they don't even have a date for any of them yet, so it may be towards the end.

>Upgrade the Skeleton Sentry early because I like that lil' nigga
>He utterly destroys bosses that get caught in his barrage

Well goddamn.

>expect to get Castlevania/Ninja gaiden with specter knight
>get pic related

he even has a homing attack

this is cool though

Aside from some flaws, I enjoyed it all the way through. Solid Platforming, Boss Battles are different, and I love how after every stage the castle keeps growing with enemies and that you can interact with them.

Plague Knight's campaign is still the best though

>You throw him backwards to spawn him
>Only faces the direction you're standing

Am I using it wrong? The other powers just seem so much more useful

Thank God. Ninja Gaiden has alright controls, but Classicvania is not that fun

SoT biggest difference from the other two, in my opinion, is the balancing of the items, with Shovel you barely used them on the stages, but they made quick work of the bosses, with Plague you used them a bit more on the stages, but the bombs were more than enough to deal with the bosses, with Specter i find myself using the items more in both stages and bosses, and not feeling overpowered

I know it was a prequel so naturally the stages would look and feel different, but man I feel like Plague Knight kind of got shafted.

The best character, no way any other character can beat him.

Plague Knight's campaign sort of reminded me of playing as Vile in Maverick Hunter X.

>Classicvania is not that fun
You poor thing.

Plague of Shadows was just too good

>really like shovel knight
>put a few hours into it
>get distracted by some other game release and never finish it
why am I like this

They said that Specter and King's campaigns would be seriously dialed back after they did more than they expected to with Plague's.

And then they did more with Specter than ever.

King Knight's campaign will either be minuscule or an unheard-of epic.

because you touch yourself at night

Doin ng+ at the moment.
Lovin that dance with the new armor.

>SoT releases on the Switch the same day as Zelda
>SoT releases on Steam the day after Persona 5 launches
I don't think it's you, user. These people are fucking blind.

I seem to be the minority that really just didn't like Plague Knights campaign. If the repeat of the same exact levels weren't bad enough I never really got used to his platforming style and wouldn't constantly screw myself over, yet when it came to the boss battles it was the exact opposite effect of him being way to overpowered and being able to kill every boss in the span of 6 seconds.

Story was cute though.

>This entire OST

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTtrxKMF3Yc

Praise Kaufman

Easiest campaign yet in terms of both strength of the character and difficulty of the levels, even the collectibles didn't feel all that hidden, missed only one skull on the airship which I easily found on a revisit.
Not that I did mind, if I have to play through the game multible times with 4 characters I might aswell feel like a edgy badass for once.

Only thing that bothered me was how the bosses went all out on you, as if they didn't take Shovel Knight and Plague Knight seriously, just lorewise though, otherwise that was great.

Not to mention we will get the Battle Mode with King Knight

>There was no bonus track ala ALCHEMY from Plague of Shadows
Shame, but these remixes were on point.

>King Knight's campaign will either be minuscule or an unheard-of epic.
King Knight just seems really hard to come up with any great platforming since he's literally just generic first level fodder that is only slightly more difficult from the tutorial. All he has is that dash but even tthen compared to Plague's explosive jump or Specters slicing it just seems like an very anticlimactic finale.

In comparison to Propeller Knight who could fly or Treasure Knight who is basically Bionic Commando, he really does feel like a wasted vote.

Battle mode is gonna be great. When I was talking to one of the devs at PAX they said they were gonna have every boss knight playable, Shovel Knight, Shield Knight, the Enchantress and even some other characters they wanted to keep secret

Plague of Shadows key feature is bomb jumping, if you don't get the hang of it it turns the levels in complete nightmares, everyone that disliked PoS so far also disliked the bomb jumps

To be fair though, they did the vote before we even got to see them in action during the full game, pretty sure the votes would be different had they done it after the game came out.

They kind of give you an idea of one of his relics when he gets a propeller rat in the SoT fight. The dialogue in his campaign will no doubt be enough to sell me on it.

fuck the tower minigame and the dumb nigger who thought the reward for it should only be money

Reward was shit but the tower wasn't that bad my dude.

They have shown that he is going to be able to pogo like Shovel and have a form of air dash

Oh, fuck, that sounds great.

>even some other characters they wanted to keep secret
Tell me more about this conversation

How do you master bomb jumping, senpai?

The skating armor helps a little during the tower

Jesus damn, you'd think they'd want to tone shit done and put things in the backburner in case they ever want to do a sequel.

Not complaining, but the amount of stuff they keep throwing in is astounding for their first game.

Getting the right combo of bombs pretty much allows Plague to break the platforming, which I found so much more fun than Shovel Knight Scrooge McDucking everything

It's been a year or two since I last played though so I don't remember exactly. Mix and match combinations and practice in the hub town

Float burst is the better one to learn bomb jumping, since you don't immediately fall, getting the Arcanas will also help, especially the VAT platform it can save you a lot

Imagine how much they could do if they somehow got enough funding during the kickstarter to do campaigns for all the characters listed in the "Dig the Vote poll", it was never going to happen, but it would be nice to imagine.

Our civilization would come to an end before they wrapped up Shovel Knight, user.

>put things in the backburner in case they ever want to do a sequel.
That's why i think King Knight will be an epilogue, i don't think they will return to Shovel Knight for a good while, so they will get everything out before moving on

I'm still playing through Vanilla for the first time

I'm happy that they're gonna stop at 3 extra campaigns, since I'm betting with King Knight they're gonna make it a true epilogue. I wanna see what the portion of Yacht Club that hasn't been working on these has been doing. Whatever it ends up being knowing their quality I'm sure I'll love it

Honestly, taht's the only way I can even see Shovel Knight 2 be made (It' not gonna be their next game of course but I recall them saying considering how huge it has gotten it's essentially become a franchise and expected at this point).

That is the only thing I can think of they could do to expand on the first.

>Bucket Samurai

I was on the Specter of Tormet soundtrack release stream and Kaufman said he's gonna compose new shit for battle mode as well. Good shit.

Pretty fun 4 hours. The level that has lighting stresses me out because I can't see shit.

Them looking to completely finish a game and not hold stuff back for a sequel down the line definitely makes me interested in Yacht Club as a developer and I honestly anticipate their next release to be promising.

They've shown they're dedicated to making a quality product and actually making it the best it can be and finishing it. In the current climate for vidya it's honestly commendable.

I'm still mad that there's no Mole Knight campaign.

>Mole Knight
>Not Propeller Knight

>Cucked out of 3rd place by golden Jew Shovel Knight

It hurts.

I wanted both of these, but I've enjoyed Plague and Specter immensely.
Kinda wanted to see them do Polar Knight, just to see how much they'd need to shrink him for gameplay purposes.

Is Plague Knight a manlet or is Mona just an Amazonian goddess?

Both are true.
>no smut of them focusing on the size difference
Kill me fampai

I wanted to play as Treasure Knight, but I guess Battle Mode will have to do sadly enough.

Both, Plague is a manlet and Mona is taller than most NPCs

>tfw no good Mona smut at all

JUST CAUGHT IN THE UNDERTOW JUST CAUGHT IN THE UNDERTOW

Even if they do make a sequel, I'll imagine it's going to have a new set of bosses, so it's good to get them playable now.

The best 4 I've seen:
68.media.tumblr.com/d0a896b39f7bc9e82bfdebea9c12708b/tumblr_one3c3sD3Y1rl9n77o1_r1_1280.png
img.booru.org/vidyart//images/24/f0f45ad18e1a9d997683fb3606845a39a9d07fe4.jpg
rule34-data-011.paheal.net/_images/50fc8c991951d99a8521f4c78789452b/1693431 - Mona Plague_Knight Shovel_Knight.jpg

rule34-data-006.paheal.net/_images/c4418fff9aa5a90464374d2c0b1c3b63/1965683 - Mona Plague_Knight Plague_of_Shadows Shovel_Knight Svenners.png

>at least 8 new knights
HELL yeah

What if they include Reize?

The bosses are WAY easier than the levels.

>Reize becomes the star of the sequel: Boring Nobody: Boomerangs of Boyishness

I wanna scythe grind forever.

He'd be in as a traveler again at worst.

Bless you, user.

It would be cool if they put some of the bosses that didn't get campaigns as travalers in the sequel

My pleasure.

Forgot one: 68.media.tumblr.com/7a026bbb33b448b5ae01eb2e87832e37/tumblr_oiucak3ZXL1s97ezdo1_1280.png

Wish I knew more artists so I could request some myself. The drawthread here is a lost cause.

>Shovel Knight 2
>New set of boss knights
>Randomly meet one or two of the older knights on the map as travelers

This could work desu

On the one hand, it was a refreshing take on Shovel knight and really outed itself as different from Plague Knight. It was a polished experience with alot to do.

having said that, it has one major, MAJOR flaw: it's too easy. It suffers this same issue with the other campaigns. Essentially, if you don't intentionally gimp yourself by refusing to use every single thing in the game bar your basic scythe, you're essentially cheating the system. Whether it's an item that lets you fly for a short time while invincible, the ball that lets you instantly home in on enemies even through walls, the skull that instantly restores your health, and so on. It's something that I can't ignore sadly, because I really wanted more of a challenge. Ironically, new game + doesn't provide this, and neither does challenge mode.

>Float Cape
>Thanks Doctor armor
>Judgement Orb
>Will Skull

Didn't they say that Specter Knight's campaign would be harder? Even easier than Plague's.

I died 250+ times, man. It's not too easy. You're just too damn good.

Relics have always been things you only rely on if you can't beat the game proper with only the basic setup