Switch completely starved for games after BOTW wears off

>Switch completely starved for games after BOTW wears off

>Oh sweet a Rareware style platformer should hold me over, it's gonna be perfect on the Swi-
>no release date in sight

Why the fuck is this allowed? If anything it should've come to Switch first

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NYNfB3ZYtJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they wasted all their development time on Wii U, then cancelled it. And Nintendo didn't think to give them a Switch dev kit a long time ago.

Oh, and Playtonic seems to be doing a really poor job at optimizing for anything but PC

I would like to see how a Unity engine game that already has trouble running on PS4 would perform on the Switch

>Oh, and Playtonic seems to be doing a really poor job at optimizing for anything but PC'

That's because only the PC version was done in-house.

Why do developers promise to release their games on consoles before they even know if it will run well?

I mean, who cares? Yooka-Laylee sucks.

I knew it would run like shit on consoles as soon as I saw it was using Unity.

Its pretty well known that Unity runs like garbage on anything but PC.

Playtonic only developed the PC version. Someone else handled the two other systems. They might be porting it to the switch themselves.

So why the fuck did they decide to release it on everything, knowing that. They should have used UE4 - look at Snake Pass, it runs well even on Switch.

Because they dumb

>They might be porting it to the switch themselves.
If I recall they said they would be because of their history with Nintendo platforms they have a good fanbase with long time Nintendo fans.

>Snake Pass
>Running well
The game has nothing but floating islands and it holds a consistent 50 fps at best.

Probably needed to get them done quickly hence hiring a 3rd party to port them, simultaneous console releases with the PC version was a stretch goal.

>holds a consistent 50 fps at best.
Its capped at 30 on everything except PS4 pro and PC.

Console players have no standards so it doesn't matter how it runs. I'm surprised reviews even mentioned it. And I doubt most people would have noticed (outside of here) if nobody had said anything.

Better than 10fps
And obviously we've seen less demanding games maintain a stable framerate on xbone

There is no way this a Rareware style platformer for the simple reason that Rareware was way too ambitious to put out such a generic product.

The X1 version is nearly unplayable and I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of complaints when it releases

I don't think UE4 was free when they started development. And Snake Pass only runs passable with tiny resolutions on consoles. Every engine is going to have issues if developed by a small team. It might be worse with Unity but you can see it's still an issue with UE4 and other engines.

Niggertendo BTFO

Do we even know the specifics? But still, some AAA games have dropped down to 15 fps or so in parts but I never saw any reviews mention that. Still though, poor performance is inherent with consoles and it's not really news at all.

They were trying to replicate the N64 framerate :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=NYNfB3ZYtJc

don't worry it's not marblemouth

watch the first 5 minutes

ironically, the switch using cartridges is what delayed the game

Jontron

No, i'm pretty certain what delayed the game is the Wii U ceasing production.

if anything rareware were often overly ambitious

like perfect dark ran pretty poorly on the n64 because of how ambitious the game was in terms of graphics and content

still amazing game for its era but they pushed the n64 to its limits so hard it started cracking at the seams just to get the game running

You also have to consider how late into the games development this happened and the switch was announced.

they're doing the Switch version in house which hopefully mitigates some of the performance / optimisation issues the other console releases have had

It would have taken a lot more than one mediocre collectathon to save the switch.

Switch version is confirmed digital ONLY. It has nothing to do with cartridges.

That still all comes down to Nintendo publishing, who cares infinitely less about western devs or old hardware.