BotW Thread

What do you think of the game?
How many hours have you put so far?
Where are you at?

Game is shit and so is Nintendo

Switch says more than 70 hours, I stopped playing it more than a week ago. I liked it a lot but there are a bunch of games that came out this year that I am playing.

About 90 hours. I'm having a lot of fun. Mostly right now I'm shrine hunting. I don't think I've focused on the main missions in awhile

HOW THE FUCK DO I BEAT THIS PIECE OF SHIT

I should specify that I beat the game and did 85 or so shrines.

I plan on coming back to it after I finished Nier and Nioh.

..... uhh

You can literally stop him from doing anything by shooting him with arrows

Is the diamond circlet worth the diamons to upgrade?

*diamonds

>side quest from archer merchant in kakariko
>light these 4 torches with arrows
>arrows cost 5 rupees
>reward is 20 rupees

I like everything in the game except for the side quests. Universally shit.

the side quests are not even worth doing because of the shit rewards. only ones like where you get to buy your own house and also build tarrey town are nice because you get an aesthetic reward.

they should have broken up spirit orbs between shrines and side quests

Vv

I can't find food

Great game. Beat it and all shrines in about 100 hours.

Really hope they make a Majora's Mask - that is, another, more experimental game using the same engine.

Now what?

Stasis his ass to make him stop daancing around, then pop him with a shock arrow. Hit the kees with one as well while you're at it to drive them away (or kill them all depending on how bunched they are). When he de-stasises and falls to the ground then run over and beat him to death with something appropriately lethal. Easy peasy.

You dumbass. You can light ordinary arrows with the campfire that is right there. Think laterally.

>116 shrines
>can't possibly tell if the remaining ones are behind puzzles and therefore invisible to sensor

This is how I die.
See you in the next life.

Damn nigga

Switch app says I'm at 95 hours. I've purposely been putting off going to the castle.

I've found the last memory, and done just about every side quest. I guess it's time to finally end it, but I really don't want to. It's definitely one of my favorite games in recent memory.

Are you some sort of stupid?

Game looks like something released 10 years ago and it's not worth buying a system for.

>I can't read: the post

I really, really enjoyed it. Enough to put 120 hours into it. The only thing I haven't done is hunt down all the Koroks because fuck that shit. This is the only time in my Zelda gaming life though that I don't want to start it all over from the beginning right away. I'm not entirely certain why.

How many are there with puzzles you think? I only know about the labyrinth, Eventide, and the Spring of Courage

>they should have broken up spirit orbs between shrines and side quests
This. Save the rupees and food rewards for random NPCs that need help. Would rather have more meaningful side quests and less shrines. Puzzles are fun but it gets repetitive after awhile despite them all being "different"

it's a good thing you don't have to buy anything to play it on the machine you're posting from

The one with the Hinox kin comes to mind. I guess technically it shows up as a shrine quest but only after you read the stone tablet immediately in front of the place it happens in.
All labyrinths are guaranteed one but I already got em.

Can't really remember any others.

now start over

Who the hell buys arrows? Just dodge the ones the moblins shoot at you and pick them up off the ground. I had several hundred before I left the plateau.

I'm not very far in the game admittedly, I've just been exploring to fill the map and doing random bits on the way. There's multiple labyrinths?

i guess you like wasting your time dodging arrows

>literally did that with OoT like ten years ago
>slowly made my way to the Shadow Temple
>got bored and went to Spirit Temple
>barely played it after that
>literally at the same spot on OoT3D now

They stay on the ground less than a tenth of the time in my experience. I always parried with a shield cause that guaranteed arrows and didn't damage the shield. Got bored after awhile and just bought arrows because it was quicker to just farm rupees.

the shrines would also feel a lot better if they cut out the fat. the cutscenes at the beginning and end of every single one waste lots of time even when you skip them as fast as possible

WWIII starting but I'm just here playing BotW.

65 hours in. Trying to collect stuff, already beat it but I want more

Just beat it tonight. Final battle was cool, but way too easy. Not a fan of the story, soundtrack, and repetitiveness. Other than these issues, it's still a great game. Eventually I'll go back and 100% it, but not tonight.

There is more than one. They're not really hidden once you get the full map, which I'll assume you don't.

Keep that outta here not
I'm staying willfully ignorant, don't ruin my vidyers.

Only put in like 6 so far and just got to Kakariko Village, but so far I think it's great.

If you haven't went to the castle you haven't gotten the last memory.

I meant to say straight to Ganon. I grabbed that memory, checked out Zeldas study, looted the place for a while, and then warped out.

Quick! Where are bees?

I need two more bee hives. Upgrading the wild set. I've plundered the small forest with bees with the dr guy, where else has bees?

Played through some of the starting plateau at a friend's house. That was enough for me to justify buying a Switch early to play the game, needless to say I'm really enjoying it. I'm surprised by the Switch as well, I didn't think I'd enjoy the portable mode as much as I have.

They're all over the place. You should take a pic of one the next time you see it and track it with your Shiekah sensor.

Any ranged attack? Boomerangs, arrows, fucking just throw swords at him

>Pretty good, desu. Didn't think I was gonna like it as much as I do.
>About 40 hours.
>Just beat the Goron Divine Beast and got the Master Sword. Just have the Ritos left.

Considering you get a diamond for every 10 luminous stones you transfer in Zora's domain, and the first ten get you two diamonds, I say yes.

You could farm 4-5 diamonds per night easily this way

Nah, it's honestly better to just get the ancient armor helm in terms of stats, it goes up to 28 armor and still has guardian resist. Plus the whole ancient armor set makes you do increased damage with ancient/guardian weapons

Try beat Ganon as soon as you leave the great plateau in new game

130 hours in, only regions I haven't yet explored/activated tower for are Tabantha, Hebra and Gerudo Highlands. 80 something shrines, and the Rito divine beast is the last one I have left to do. I'm surprised that I'm still super enjoying it after putting so many hours in. It's hard to put it down once you start playing.

Okay, I did that. Now I need energetic beetles, 5 of them. The problem is, I can't use the bee trick. I only have one of them, if I set it down to take a picture it will just run away.

I found one in the desert somewhere. There were a bunch of torches around the sandworm thing I forgot the name of. Lit all the torches, shrine popped up. It wasn't even a quest or anything, I thought I was doing a korok seed puzzle.

So go indoors and set it down, friendo.

Frightened animals don't obey the laws of physics. Beetles literally disappear when they fly 2 feet.

Be SUPER fast with the camera then. Honestly, you should of been taking photos of everything as soon as you see them anyway.

It's how I've done it, man. Maybe I just did it fast enough.

Also, check out Beedle. He sells them from time to time.

I didn't expect the wild armor to require random knick-knacks. I kinda thought getting the horns, scales, fangs, and claws would be enough.

they only come out at night and they are all over the place in rok forest in the akalla region. the octoroks make it a pain the ass to collect them though.

85+ hours in, just doing what I can to scour as much as I can over eastern Hyrule, currently working with the Gorons.

I just need a tiny hint. I've accidentally thrown away some of my Forest Dweller's equipment. Around where might I be able to find another sword/spear/bow?

I hear what you're saying, but like.... shit, you're ALWAYS needing some random fucking thing for a side quest or whatever.

I'd check the korok trial where you're straight up given forest dweller shit, I've seen some spare equipment in there before if you don't get more free gear.

70 hours, 100/120 Shrines. Skipped almost all the non-shrine sidequests and have maybe 150 Korok seeds.

I honestly want to keep playing but I'm forcing myself to stop because I want to replay the game from the beginning when Hard Mode hits and I'm afraid of getting burnt out or having nothing left to discover. I'm trying to focus on other games in my backlog but I don't really feel like playing anything else. It's rough.

>go for 120 shrines
>only 1 missing
>can't find it anywhere
>no idea where to even start looking for it
>use a map from the internet but still can't find it
>compare and check several times, still nothing
>can't count mines on my map
>desperately try to check them all one by one following a guide
>turns out I forgot to claim a blessing even though I activated the shrine

This is a bittersweet victory.

I ruined the game for myself. Im going to replay it with no fast travelling and no weapon slot upgrades. Its what really killed the fun for me.

How do i fucking beat these robots?

Anyone have an idea what hard mode is like? I hope its not just bumping up enemy attack damage and HP, that's always the laziest and least fun way to do it.

Forcing you to do the entire game like its Eventide might be interesting though. Personally I'm more interested in the second DLC that adds more story and a dungeon

pot lid

The side quest rewards should have been of more value.

Examples of good side quests
>Helping Isha in Gerudo Town gives you access to her store which is the only way you can get Amber Earrings, Opal Earrings, Topaz Earrings, a Ruby Circlet, and a Sapphire Circlet
>Figuring out the Gerudo Secret Club gets you access to the Desert Voe set and is the only place to get the Radiant set
>Doing Bolson's quest gets you your own house
>Doing the entire Tarrey Town quest lets you get another Hylian Shield, as well as giving you access to a bunch of rare armor in one place
>Helping Robbie lets you get the Ancient set, more Ancient Arrows, and Ancient equipment for each weapon type
>Getting Symin a picture of sunshrooms lets you buy more pictures for your compendium
>Showing the guy the giant horse gets you a that same giant horse
>Showing the other guy the white horse gets you a pretty great horse
>Giving the Zora some luminous stones in exchange for diamonds is a great way to repair Champion weapons

But there are a lot of side quests that are just "Here, have these rupees" after you help them.

Cut off their legs

I'm guessing it will at least place more enemies, if it was just tweaking the damage formulas it could have been in the game from the start.

I just wanted a follow up to the cricket quest

Did he ever actually give them to the girl?

Guardians? They're particularly weak to guardian/ancient type weapons. For the big ones that crawl, you can also cut off their legs to severely limit their mobility and just hack away from them from behind.

You can also just straight up parry their beams right back at them if you're good enough.

Honestly, I was happy with just rupees. A lot of gear in this was fairly expensive and every time I got rupees it meant I didn't have to sell something.

Bull fucking shit.
Incomplete shrines are a different color on the map.

I suggest running away or sneaking on them if you encounter them until about halfway through the game when you get good enough gear to deal with them. At some point you get ancient arrows which tear them a new one. You also get enough health and armor to go close combat.

You can actually parry their laser but I recommend this for late game once you git gud as you need to practice for a bit and even then if you miss your shield gets destroyed or you ded in one hit.

It's hard to see unless you're zoomed in.

If you disable the robots legs it cannot escape

It's blue with a slightly red/yellow center. If you zoom out you can't tell the difference.

Where the fuck is the good music Zelda is known for? There is just deafening silence in the fields. The battle music is this annoying bongo drum shit. If anything has let me down its this.

They chose blue and orange for a reason, and that's contrast.
You must be blind if you couldn't see the difference between them, specially if you had other 119 pure blue spots on your map.

Unless they get completely blue and indistinguishable when zoomed out, there was no excuse.

Mini bosses, horse travel, divine beast battles, towns, champion themes, and hyrule castle is where most of the good music is.

Guardians are dead simple to kill. I killed my first two on the plateau with a shitty unreinforced moblin shield. Even the pot lid next to the old man's cooking fire will kill them.

Or he was playing on the handheld screen. Shit gets pretty small.

This board is for shitposting only.
Actual video game discussion belongs to

If you dont have water arrows just shoot an arrow to it's head and fuck it up when it lands.

If you're having problem with the electric elemental prepare your anus for the fire elemental, i hope you like fire showers.

How many weapons can you carry with all upgraded maxed?

>water arrows
Excuse me?

One is reserved for the Master Sword.

It's pretty good just wished the load times were less and that the rain would stop being fucking annoying as shit.

Just play some other music over it. I got bored and popped some Xenoblade Chronicles and Sanic and the Black Knight OST and damn is it fitting.

I really like how the Master Sword is completely optional. And not side quest optional, you have to fucking explore and find that shit.

ICE nigga, ice. It's late, cut me some slack.

Maybe 40 hours tops. Beat the game. I have almost no motivation to play it ever again. All I have left is shrines and korok seeds. Both of which at this point are useless, repetitive and all the same. It was fun and cool at first but after you get thru a couple of the main quests and explore some it's just complete shit.

>activating a shrine and not clearing it
You're a fucking idiot

Getting close to 100 shrines, last dungeon is gerudo. Close to 70 hours, but will probably spend more clearing the shrines and sidequests before beating it.

Overall I've enjoyed it, though it's magic does wane as it goes on and doesn't have a long term lasting appeal. After getting dozens of the same rewards from quests and all the clothes enhancements late in the game it, it doesn't have the same appeal as when I started and everything was new.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I miss traditional dungeons and getting special items that could improves mobility. They should've handicapped you more and not given you all the shiekah abilities in the first hour.

Also goron and rito didn't feel like they got as much attention as zora and gerudo did. Zora had a shitload of lore and gerudo village is large.

In closing, Mipha is best girl and I wish there was a way to revive, bed, and wed her.

I activate shrines and don't clear them. It's boring knowing that it's going to be the same as my last 80 shrines and I don't feel like wasting time on it. I hardly even go back to get them anymore. I've just been checking the rewards in them and decide if its worth my time. They really fucked up this game with those shrines.

Apart from the combat and blessing shrines, I've never seen 2 shrines that are the same and I've done 90 of them. In fact the only ones I can think of that were similar to each other were the Dueling Peak ones, and being similar was the entire gimmick

More than 110 hours played, 87 shrines completed, 135 Korok Seeds found, I still spend 5 straight hours in the game in a heartbeat