32 hours in and this is the ideal JRPG

32 hours in and this is the ideal JRPG.

How the fuck did Atlus do it?

I'm still kinda amazed that they managed to basically fit Tartarus into the game.

There's Tartarus in the game?

>5th installment in the series
>Trait growth is still vague so you have no idea how much longer it'll take before you rank up a trait

Not literally, but the Mementos dungeon is structured almost identically to it, it's a randomly generated dungeon that is like a series of connected hallways that has multiple floors.

Aside from you driving a bus around it (It controls like being on foot but way faster) it really is like Tartarus, I'm fucking impressed.

>How the fuck did Atlus do it?

8 and a half years since the last game + more powerful hardware + lots of money from persona 3/4 spinoffs

Really, it'd be more surprising if the game WASN'T as good as it was after all that.

There are so many ways to improve traits now it's insane how much of an improvement to everything in P4 this game is, reading books on your mandatory school commutes, eating food in the subway station, watering your plant at home, even S-Links like the Quack Doctor will improve your guts so it's like a win-win doing it.

Tae is not a quack she's beautiful and misunderstood

I legit expected it to have some negative feedback from the fans and not meeting their expectations after a long wait etc etc.

I had a feeling this would be another FFXV (I did enjoy the game, but it didn't give the sense of major improvements like P5 did). I'm so glad I was wrong.

You should be able to blackmail her for testing on you for extra Guts.

At least now there's a very clear way of telling how many points an activity gets you where you just see how many music notes it generates, instead of vague adjectives like "greatly improved" that don't mean anything.

I feel like not knowing how much longer it takes to improve is an intentional choice, it makes shit like studying before exams feel more tense

P2:EP > P5 > P1 > P2:IS > P3 > P4

Spin-offs are fun on their own.

They made so many improvements to the point I don't think they can top it.

I guess that's why the team is moving on to that Re: Fantasy Project. They might have exhausted every idea they had on the Persona franchise. I seriously wouldn't mind if this is the last Persona.

FFXV is to me literally everything you thought Persona 5 would be.

Persona 5 to me, I was expecting it to be good, but I think the first thing that hit me was the absolutely amazing presentation of the game that showed me just how much love and effort was poured into the game, then you go deeper into it mechanics wise and see it made everything that made Persona(4) great S-link/battle wise and improved it with stuff like Baton Pass or how every S-Link gives you shit hot new abilites now.

Same, now we can finally resume console SMT games.

>How the fuck did Atlus do it?
They carefully took every good mechanic from the entire series, cut out 90% of the bad ideas and wrapped it up in crazy ass eye candy

>crazy ass eye candy

This game might have the best presentation of any JRPG ever.

>Same, now we can finally resume console SMT games.

gonna be beautiful senpai

We lived in a time to see Persona 5 released.

Now for Persona 6 ;)

They spent 8 years working on it with all those terrible P4 spin-offs on the side to help gauge common complaints.

>Combat is smooth and fast
>Main dungeons aren't randomly generated
>S.Links actually have better bonuses besides fusions and a few combat gimmicks for party members (i.e, fucking your teacher means you can cut class whenever and have her come over at night to make lockpicks and stuff while you do other activities.)
>Most characters aren't terrible, save for Morgana and Goro
>Training for skill points doesn't cut into a strict schedule

I love that they brought back the status effects back after they were cut from P4.
>You can spam Marin Karin for E-Z mode again
What a time to be alive

Never played a game in the series before, having more fun than I've had in the past 10 years. It's fantastic.