Why is monster hunter so bad? As an expert in dark souls games I thought this game would be about the same. But no...

Why is monster hunter so bad? As an expert in dark souls games I thought this game would be about the same. But no, it's full of bullshit. Weapons are slow as shit, like it takes 5 seconds to get a swing off, what the fuck. And then the monsters attack and I roll, but they always hit me. Speaking of the monsters why do they have so much health? Like it takes me 40 minutes to kill this dragon lizard looking thing swinging my giant sword around. Can't even more properly with this thing, i'm stuck with walking everywhere. Fuck this game, never try this piece of shit, don't fall for it guys. This game isn't fun, it's complete shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hbA3VXdhShU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your favorite weapon is shit

>FAVOURITE MONSTER
>FAVOURITE WEAPON
>FAVOURITE WEAPON TYPE
>FAVOURITE ARMOUR SET

LBG ALL DAY ERE DAY

>>FAVOURITE MONSTER
Tama-chan
>>FAVOURITE WEAPON
Bow or LBGT, i can't decide
>>FAVOURITE WEAPON TYPE
gunner? I dunno what you mean this
>>FAVOURITE ARMOUR SET
Tama-chan's

favorite weapon type would be Bow or LBG
favorite weapon would be a specific weapon you use, like the Seregios Bowgun

>as an exper in drk soulx

Brachy
GS
Adept

>>FAVOURITE MONSTER
Brachydios, fuck you he's the best.
>>FAVOURITE WEAPON
Gunlance funlance.
>>FAVOURITE ARMOUR SET
Seltas Queen

>Brachydios
His tail is my favorite to cut off.

Oh. I like the megumin gun

>>FAVOURITE MONSTER
Teostra

>>FAVOURITE WEAPON
Militant Dalamadur

>>FAVOURITE WEAPON TYPE
Bow

>>FAVOURITE ARMOUR SET
Gunner Damascus X

Nargacuga
GS
Guild
Anything with focus and crit draw

>As an expert in dark souls games I thought this game would be about the same

You do realise that Monster Hunter actually has positioning that matters, deep and complex gameplay, weapon tapes that actually play 100% differently and that ltierally EVERYTHING you do in Dark Souls is press dodge button when enemy attacks for 20 iframes, then hit enemy twice, then repeat? You don't do anything else. Positioning doesn't matter, nothing matter.

This webm alone destroys everything you could show me of Dark Souls, and I have 2,000 cool Monster Hunter webms.

And yes, I know you're trolling. I'm still mad.

Nargacuga. I can dance around that thing all day.
Seregios Lance. In 4U, anyway
Lance
HR Stygian Gunner

UKANLOS
UKANLOS SKYCLEAVER
GREAT SWORD
UKANLOS X

DONT LAUGH guys, this gives me hge, ra+2 and s+1

DONT LAUGH

today I charged at a flying gore magala and shoved my 5 foot barb right in its skull as it dived me. It fell right out of the sky and I fucked it to death

what did you accomplish today

it's funny because you're iframing that monster and attacking afterwards

>Complaining about Dark Souls' roll through everything and counter gameplay
>Posts webm of the adept variation which is literally dodge through anything and counter to render any enemy attack pattern useless

>FAVOURITE MONSTER
Gore
>FAVOURITE WEAPON
Don't have one yet
>FAVOURITE WEAPON TYPE
LBG and IG
>FAVOURITE ARMOUR SET
Rath, because fashion

>playing itchy-nose babby-tier genshit

lmao

brachydios
myxo demolisher
dual swords
rath soul

You're ignoring the part where I said you're literally doing nothing else, right? You can't lock-on the monster in Monster Hunter and literally just focus on dodging the right moment and then attacking. You have to move your character around and position it properly to hit the proper spots (face in this webm).

True, MHX and its mechanics are pure casual garbage, but we can hope MH5 won't have this, and it's still better than Souls cancer.

>this webm
>there is basically just one attack that matters in Souls

What I love about Monster Hunter is that basically every single attack has its usefulness and "charme" to it. There is the Great Sword's slap, the super charge after a slap, that upsward slash. And Great Sword is the most limited in terms of moves.

Listen guys all i want is MH5, whenever it comes, to be good.

Gen left a bad taste in my mouth.

>FAVOURITE MONSTER
Deviljho, having something really powerful show up while you're hunting something weaker and it beats the shit out of the both of you is an amazing experience.
>FAVOURITE WEAPON
Magia Pitareen
>FAVOURITE WEAPON TYPE
Either DB or IG
>FAVOURITE ARMOUR SET
Rhenoplos

I don't get people's problem with Gen. What makes it any worse than any of the other games? Do people just hate styles/arts THAT much?

>As an expert in dark souls games
Stopped reading there.

Don't get me wrong, i loved the fuck out of Dark Souls 1 and BB (and DeS back when it came out) but you're gonna have to play MH quite a bit to really learn it.

The combat does look kinda similar but both series feel much different.

>As an expert in dark souls games

You're not. You've also got a pathetic tiny cock.

> it's full of bullshit

MH objectively requires 5-6 times the skill as Dark Souls, and that's just pre G-rank. Git fucking gud you cunt scrub.

> Fuck this game, never try this piece of shit

My cock is so hard because people like you actually exist.

it's usually one of two things. they're either spoiled by G rank releases, or they're pissed off at 99% optional changes that they choose to play with.

It wasn't just the arts/styles. They were unbalanced, sure, but i didn't mind the arts, it was just the gimmicky styles of aerial and adept that i didn't like.
Striker was good in that the differences from guild felt a bit more subtle. But rather than fixing the balance in XX it seems like they just doubled down on adding more shit.

Also quest progression was pretty bad, tons of gathering quests that unlocked shit and padded out the game.
I wasn't a big fan of the deviant system either, it could've been done much better in a less tedious manner.

I wouldn't say i hated Gen but it really didn't live up to 3U or 4U at all.

There's not enough new stuff besides arts and styles, and the story is shorter than the normal games. It was just really underwhelming. Also, they fucked up the damage system.

>there's not enough new stuff in this all star throwback release if you ignore almost everything new they added
>story in mh

Fuck the story, I'm just salty that there's like 50 gathering quests. I understand that players might decide to do whatever in whichever village they please but for fucks sake, get this shit out of the way in one swoop and get onto the game.

this is a legitimate complaint for hayabusa feather users, but in terms of standard progression there's no reason to do a vast majority of them unless you've imposed some artificial rule like
>i need to do every quest in a star before i progress!
so i feel the gathering thing is blown out of proportion.

It's not just for Hayabusa Feather, there are a lot of gathering quests in each village that are necessary to unlock other quests which are then necessary for OTHER quests.

>Gammoth
>Hammer

That's all that matters

>tfw they made stuns worthless, and chargeblades better at stunning anyway

SnS is pretty good, too.

Also there are some food items and request rewards you'll probably want too.

Its casual as fuck, thats the problem.

now that you mention it I do remember the village chief keys that you were required to do for village 6. those were a bit frustrating.

no one's really pointed out the REAL villain of this game though which has me surprised.

Hellblade Powders

How do you guys play ranged weapons? I figured in all the single player, with a single monster concentrating on you all the damn time, playing a bow or gun would suck. Is it a pain in the ass?

I don't know how Sup Forums seems to have such terrible luck with Glavenus but HB is only a problem if you have shitters on your team. Play with regulars or friends that know what they're doing and you won't have the insta-cart shit you're stuck with whenever you have randos.

Also, fucking Insurance. Are people so tunnel visioned on I HAVE TO KILL THIS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE that they can't eat for Insurance? Killing it as fast as possible doesn't matter when your team is a bunch of scrubs that triple cart.

It's the only reason to bring a cat with you.
Adept gunning makes life a little easier though.

>Okay, I'll finish the quests solo first, then go online if i need to do some serious farming
>Eh, it's a hassle to find a good room, i'll just solo it, whatever.

Every time.

I didn't mention a problem with HB. just powders. 18% on shinies only is god awful and only encourages hitting the throatbag (already its weakest point), whereas other rare drops encourage fighting the monster and aiming for parts that you might not attack otherwise. it's not very good design.

what's more, is typically only one rare drop is required from other monsters. you need 3+ powders for its weapons.

Adept helps a lot. Learning a monster is also crucial, since you can measure distances, and where you can stand when the monster does this or that attack. Stuff that's really fast and never stops attacking is really annoying, like ceanataur. You might wanna bring a cat or 2 for that one. But going solo is mostly optimal, so you can have the weak spot always available to you, which is usually the head

It's weird to get used to at first, but in some ways it's easier since you have a little distance between you and the monster most of the time. The hardest part is learning to aim accurately and quickly.

>Stuff that's really fast and never stops attacking is really annoying

Hi Tigrex, how you doing?

On the other hand, there are several monsters that blademasters loathe that are cakewalks for gunners, like Khezu or Gravios.

Khezu is a cakewalk for everyone though.

Solo huntan is a way of life

It's harder than 3rd gen and 3rd gen was my favorite

>Do people just hate styles/arts THAT much?
When Readiness shitters on /mhg/ try so hard to convince others to abandon the old ways, of course I will fucking hate Gen/XX and its playerbase.
Its so fucking grating nobody has the galls to consider a non-Absolute Evade meta at all.

Really? Because I always hear people whine about Khezu.

The worst as a gunner for me is garuga. You have to learn to aim and shoot really fast since the fucker will just insta-charge if you stand in the same spot for more that 1 second. My hands are killing me after hunting one

For Khezu you're either mobile enough to never get hit or your weapon reaches far enough that you can hit him despite him spamming body electricity, like with.

I've really gone online very little in MH, especially in Gen.

I did it a decent amount in 4U, but when i came back to it a few months ago i had to learn the endgame shit on my own. Some of those fights pushed me to my limits, but i'm glad i learned to beat them. There are still some tough quests i can't take on.

When i finally killed Gog, it was a good day. Then i found the harder stuff.

There's no middle ground with Khezu, you either ignore it as a tutorial shitmon or you whine about its existence.

>Gravios

Watching gunners get clipped by the laser and die is the funniest shit.

He's just a boring monster. Doesn't even have a theme.Or eyes

If you're getting clipped by that laser, you're either stuck in your rapid or you're just shit. Either way, git gud

I love Gravios/Basarios

>Why is monster hunter so bad? As an expert in dark souls ga--

>not knowing about Khezu's theme
youtu.be/hbA3VXdhShU

>What I love about Monster Hunter is that basically every single attack has its usefulness and "charm" to it
SnS's shield bash
Light Lance's guard stab and sweep
Heavy Lance's "shells"

That's brave style though

ROoOoOoWWWWoOoOoOowwWWW

Didn't realize Khezu's theme was acapella.

Steve
Serre Sedition >tfw nerfed beyond repair in Gens and fucking useless in XX
Dual Blades
Silverwind

Am i the only one who still using hammer?

kek I love how monster hunter threads always start with a nice bait

All hammer all the day

We got shafted, though.

Started this series with a hammer, I shall stick to hammer 'til the end.

Stunning a monster with the shield bash uppercut Hunter Art is satisfying as fuck, tho. Sorry for cucking you Hammer-chan, but SnS is fucking amazing in gen.

Of course.

Thank god for transmogging

Don't laugh guys, this gives me HB, RS and C+2

This is acceptable, clevage is a plus

Metal as fuck/10
That set here was my nigga back then.
Reminds me how simple and easy clownsuiting used to be back then.

I hate clownsuits

I can be the Yamatsukami you want, baby

niggers