What's the best and worst AVGN episode?

What's the best and worst AVGN episode?

Also why is Mike such a bitch? Bring back Bootsy.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JNjq2IE2ixo
youtube.com/watch?v=tWTNupdAoUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bootsy fucking sucked, I'm glad he's gone. Mike is better

Fuck Bootsy. He peaked with the Dream Phone theme.

le shitpickle

Bootsy voted for Hilary

Best is Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
Worst is OP Pic. I've only watched it once and I plan to keep it that way.

I don't think there are too many bad Nerd Episodes, and I don't think there's a bad Board James episode at all.

What happened to Bootsy anyway?

Best: the Castlevania videos
Worst: 2016 Christmas special

Get out of here Mike. You can't come back until you lose Ryan.

Ryan seems like he'd be great paired with James. Mike and Ryan episodes are pretty much unfiltered Mike Matei Elmo in Grouchland level bullshit that Ryan goes along with because Mike is giving him a job.

If it was James and Ryan, two people who legitimately seem to appreciate videogames, that'd be great.

Mike is shit. But holy fuck, what is with the Bootsey shit? No one liked him in the first place, then he got booted? Then HURR DURR WE'RE /VEE/, BOOTSEY IS /OURGUY/!!D

Mike is fucking autistic. He bitches and moans all the time about current gen games saying that he was raised on classics and that's why he can't play newer ones.

He then proceeds to play older games and whine more than DSP when he fucking sucks at them. I've never seen anyone get so far riding another person's coattails then Mike on James'.

I always liked Bootsy. Dude just loves classic games, his Bootsy Beats series was great, he was one of the best parts of Board James, etc. I don't understand not liking Bootsy to be honest.

I stopped watching avgn years ago because I hate that Mike guy. I wish they would all fuck off and have just the nerd casually playing some games in his basement. Talking about the good Ole days. that's all I want

Dreaming Davy was the worst for me. He just seems forced and tired.

Oddly this is a very unpopular. I don't mind the Troma guy since his movies are okay and exactly what James's likes. I just wish they would collab with each other, like AVGN having a minor role or something.

Ryan is a goober. An even bigger goober than the other two that he hangs out with.

The "in character" parts are almost all fucking horrible. Bugs Bunny being one of the very worst.
I wish he did more videos like the early ones, particularly Simon's Quest, or console reviews.

Toxic Crusaders, Master Chu, Hong Kong 97. I generally don't care for him now. The new videos seem so forced. He sounds whiny and nasally. He really forces the facial expressions and anger now.

>He really forces the facial expressions and anger now

Isn't that his shtick though ? I never found his acting to be natural in any way.

The best episodes will always be the ones about genuine frustration he experiences with games as a child, like castlevania II, ghostbusters, dick tracy, etc. Truth is he ran out of material for nerd episodes a long time ago.

I still can't finish this fucking episode. Why is it so bad?

Batman is the best.

Best: Christmas Special w/ Keith
Worst: Probably the recent mortal kombat one, that was rather dull

I like the one were he says "SHIT" and "What were they thinking" a lot, haha.

Also the one were he beats up bugs bunny, I can totally relate to that xD.

Southpark is my favorite show btw. hehe

It is, but it used to come off way better and more naturally.

I disagree with Bootsy on a lot of things, but I can say that he gave a comfy vibe when he was on James & Mike Mondays.
I thought the Paper Boy episode was a good one, in fact, it was the best one in 2016 in my opinion.

I don't even know what bootsy actually did ,I guess he had made some political posts on twitter or something. My favorite episode might be Ghostbusters, Least favorite is pic related, I thought I had just outgrown AVGN when I saw that episode.

I can't watch him play newer games

>"This game got more than 2 parahraphs of text, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?"
>"This camera is nothing like Mario 64, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?"

What was he playing?

New Megaman games, he complained that there was a lot of text in Megaman X4 even tho there's not much at all.

And he disliked the camera in Megaman legends because it was not like in M64....even tho it's two completely different games.

was gonna quote

I couldn't watch this episode.

The political meme is forced, probably by Mike himself. Mike the tryhard stole Bootsy's idea for a show immediately after he left, so we can assume that it was out of jealousy. To make matters worse, he was caught playing over recorded game footage pretending that he was beating games. Combine all of that with his attempts to take over the channel from James, that's why most people hate him. Also he's whiny and his humor is cringe. Bootsy just seems great right now because he was chill and he isn't Mike. Plus he's funnier and better at games

Atari Sports is one of my favorites solely due to this quote:
>Look at these titles! "Baseball", "Basketball", "Football", not this "Madden" shit. Just plain-ass, normal, everyday, no question about it, no NFL, no year, not named after a player, not named after a coach, not named after the referee's pet goldfish, no quarterback, dime-back, Nickelback, simple, ordinary, un-embellished, unmistakable, crystal clear, as frank as Frankenstein, as blunt as an atom bomb, one compound word: It's MOTHERFUCKIN', GODDAMNED, SONS-OF-BITCHIN', FUCK-FUCK-FUCKING FOOTBALL!

Toxic Crusaders and the recent Christmas special sucked

Lloyd Kaufman is a bit much for most people. His movies are fun though.

>caught playing recorded game footage pretending he was beating games

when did this happen? details?

All the episodes where he tackled full game systems and accessories are really good. Bible games were really good and pretty much any episode that didnt involve a sidekick was really good.

fuck you ikari warriors was amazing

SwordQuest is AVGNkino and anyone who disagrees needs to leave.

I love SwordQuest,in fact I saw it earlier today. It has one major flaw though, it is way too short.

It was cut short, like the contest. It's pottery.

>he seems tired while playing a game about sleeping
Pottery

ONE GUY?

NO CONTINUES?

I don't who the old guy is, but that was the worst AVGN episode ever. The old guy's jokes were so forced and over-the-top, and it really takes a lot for an AVGN episode to have such a distinction

i like troma movies but goddamn that episode was terrible

Get it?

>I don't who the old guy is

>Kill all male babies
>Kill all babies
>Find Moses

Which is the correct answer?

James & Mike moved. Bootsy saw that James didn't really care about vidya anymore or support Mike's homosexual lifestyle partner choice of Ryan.

The best AVGN episodes is when he just stis there and passionately talks about his love for video games and his experiences with it.

Nintendo Power. When he talked about his favorite franchise, Sonic. When he talks about the clusterfuck that is the Zelda Timeline. When he talks about that game that gave as a prize literal crown jewels. Those were not only informative, but puts a smile to your face that "Wow, he really does love this fucking piece of shit hobby like me".

Hell of a peak though

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JNjq2IE2ixo

Wasn't the camera in Megaman Legends pretty bad? Or was it just bad on the N64 version?

high functioning autism = James
low functioning autism = Mike

He started making twitter posts of vaguely political nature and they didn't want to potentially ostracize any viewers so they dropped him

Silver surfer is the goat episode.
castlevania is comfy as fuck

I know it was bad in the N64 version. I wouldn't be surprised if they gimped the camera on the ps1 as well

MOTHERFUCKER MIKE IS THE BEST

HE'S ACTUALLY FUNNY AND LIKES GAMES AND IS GOOD AT THEM

That's such a weird tweet. He almost sounds like he's disappointed in him. Like he used to be his hero.

>All the episodes where he tackled full game systems and accessories are really good.

I agree. I got into AVGN because it was informative, and the "humor" was just flavoring. Any episode where he talks about history is better than "make faces and laugh at the shitty game"

One day I hope to have a game room as impressive as James's.

>64 bits.
>32 bits.
>16 bits.
>8 bits!
>4 bits!
>2 bits!
>HALF BIT!
>QUARTER BIT!

>THE WRIST GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

Richard Spencer is a faggot though.

I want to believe that the split with Bootsy was on good terms and he just wanted to do his own thing, but Mike asked the mods of the Cinemassacre sub-reddit to remove any posts asking about what happened to Bootsy. So some shit probably went down between them.

mike fuck off already, nobody likes you

if you care enough to tweet him though you're also a faggot

Either get rich, or have a based best friend like Mike Matei and a cuck fandom

I always wish he had said "No FUCKING BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITS"...or something of the sort

>get punched in the face by an old cuck
>run away crying

"""""""White"""""""" people LOL

Best is either nintendo power, nintendo accessories, or castlevania. In those he seems a bit more chill and just silly.

Worst is toxic crusaders, no question. Shame, seemed like it had potential to be really cool.

Also I don't know why but I still find asshole pong the greatest moment in the series.

>"""""""White"""""""" people
you messed that up shitposter

Literally nothing wrong with that tweet. But even if he was the biggest sjw occupy democrats retweeting fag I wouldn't care at all because I like his content. And i dont even think he is really.

What is it?

IT'S
A
PIECE
OF
FUCKING
PLASTIC

bootsy was an incredibly bland aging man who you can tell fucked up in life, it was uncomfortable watching him

Wow I feel the total oposite. I loved the troma episode and dont care for the plumbers one. Rewatched it recently and still dont like it

To be fair, that sums up all of them.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed that 60 second clip way too much.

Get a regular job and buy stuff like that with the money you make.

fuck you're right

but bootsy really had no sense of humor he was just there

He got all that from fans. They kept giving him shit games to review.

Also youtube money.

I'm glad you don't write for james then

What he didn't have in humor, he had in skills. He literally beat any game they made him play.

fuck off

I don't know about that. A lot of people like to site the original TMNT and Karate Kid episodes as some of the better ones but he's forcing it so hard there that it's actually kind of obnoxious to me. Some of the later ones, like Schwarzenegger games, are definitely forced as well but the higher production values (better camera, for example) help hide it better. I feel like there's something of a middle ground, like Dragon's Lair, where it's still obviously acting but it comes across well.

>e-celeb bullshit
>discuss a LITERAL WHO e-celeb

I would've understand if this was ProJared or Game Grumps since they were pioneers of video game reviewing on Youtube, but who the fuck is that guy? Can Sup Forums get more obscure and shitty?

I'm very slowly getting there.
I've really gotten into collecting Genesis games as of late.

weak

Another e-celeb thread. Mods?

Anything sega but saturn is a good start for collecting. Anything NeoGeo or Nintendo is top dollar these days.

It really helps keep me going that Sega was so smart about the game cases. It's a lot easier and cheaper to find CIB Genesis games since they went with those hard plastic cases instead of flimsy paper boxes that everyone would just throw away.

More like I don't give a shit about your Angry Video Gaming Nerd. If you had to discuss a fucking e-celeb, at least make it so that he's somewhat an icon.

He never said Sonic was his favorite. I thought Castlevania was his favorite.

He said Sonic was his favorite. He even has a 3 part series where that's the only thing he talks about. As James Rolfe though, not as AVGN.

Okay. Where is this 3 part series?

I watched it a long time ago when Cinemassacre was in Gametrailers. But IIRC, GT doesn't exist anymore because IGN bought them out.

Salty

Ah so you're full of shit. Okay bud.

hes right. it was in this series but i cant find the other parts
youtube.com/watch?v=tWTNupdAoUY

It's true though.
Why are you so mad about it? Why don't you check it on google or GT or something instead of whining?