Others who liked the first Splatoon, what changes would you have wanted to see be made in the sequel?

Others who liked the first Splatoon, what changes would you have wanted to see be made in the sequel?

I want a more robust single-player mode and multiplayer maps to be more complex (give them some of the obstacles that were in the single-player levels). Looks like the latter is happening.

Including the Pro Controller because the Joycons/Grip are AWFUL for Splatoon.

From what we've seen so far, it honestly seemed like an expac marketed as a whole new game. Kinda feels like they were just gonna port it but then said "if we slap a 2 on it and add a little, we can sell it as a entirely new game."

I don't know what you expect out of a sequel. It has all new stages, new weapons, improved gameplay tweaks, a new story mode, and probably more new modes we haven't seen yet. It's no less a sequel than Call of Duty 47 is.

>"if we slap a 2 on it and add a little, we can sell it as a entirely new game."

Yep. Not that anything's wrong with it so far, at least as far as the Testfire goes. Basic mechanics are still a lot of fun. Not sure about some of the new weapons or how they said they got rid of all the old specials. We'll have to see how the whole package plays out.

And everybody praises Call of Duty for their innovative and inspired sequels.

bigger maps/more unique maps

maps that have some of the stuff from the campaign.

Having a sequel system similar to CoD is not something to praise. Also I'm not saying there wont be more but the test fire felt VERY similar to splatoon 1 imo.

Ditch the stupid 2 game modes 2 maps every four hours shit. It ruined the fucking game and it has literally no reason to exist. If Quake can pull something as simple off as matchmaking 20 years ago fucking Splatoon can.

>bigger maps

I don't know if I'd want this.

I want a waiting room of just 20 seconds before the match start where I can change my fucking weapon (best thing would be we can save some presets with different weapons and clothes) accordingly to what are using my teammates.

Changing gear and weapon was a fucking chore in the first game. In the end I never even tried all weapon types just because of this...

Also when I go online with a friend, I want to play WITH him. Not AGAINST him half the time.

That's my only two complaints, gameplay wise I liked about everything else in the first game. Except some "ultimate moves" which I think were a bit broken

The main thing I wanted was local play so it's already looking pretty good

Getting every game mode we got in the first game right at launch instead of having to wait up to year for it would be nice...

They are already fixed my main concern of cheap kraken and bubbler users.

everything else is just gravy.

Add Splitscreen

If they kept that shit in I'm not only not buying splatoon but I'm not buying a switch either. The whole "wait four hours if you don't like the maps/gamemode" thing just completely killed the fun after a while.

Splitscreen online and buffs to brushes

Are saying that Splatoon is no better than CoD?

Being able to change weapons/gear mid-game. Nothing is worse than being put on a team full of one weapon type.

They need to change the gear system to make it so you can actually get the gear that you want without save scumming. I would love more customization of gear too. And some presets.

Also they need to change that ranking system, getting into S was way too easy.

It already does that user...

They have changed the gear system. Look at the squid research lab post about the new Spyke named Merch

Was hoping for more ability slots on the new gear types, but that ain't happening.

Other than that, some sort of co-op horde mode where players fight off waves of octarian troops. Base weapons only, but players can purchase upgrades or different weapon types using those egg things earned during each wave.

Apparently when you reset gear now, the abilities that were on it get turned into fragments, which can be used to put an ability in a slot if you have enough.
So if you keep rerolling, you'll eventually be able to put exactly what you want on a piece of gear.

Having analog controls that aren't ass would be a nice start

>B-BUT THE GYRO

Doesn't excuse the fact that the stick controls are ass, when litterally every third person and first person shooter in the past decade in a half has had functional analog controls and aiming even if it's not as good as with a mouse and keuboard.

Even if I wanted to use the gyro, it disables an entire axis on the stick for some retarded reason so I can't even use gyro for fine tuning and sticks for large adjuistments

>make a mode with no gear enhancements
>Better and more refined vertical mechanics like wall jumping or something
>Bring back old maps
>Have more maps available for rotation
>Have more than 8 songs for multiplayer

That's excellent. Getting that last slot was always a pain.

the specials are completely revamped, they're much more fair now.

REMOVE THE E-LITER!!!!