FFXIV

How do you guys feel about the game coming to Xbox and Nintendo Switch soon?

Also FFXIV thread. Discuss how great this game is.

Gatherers > Crafters

pre order my new expansion

f2p?

>crazy sand mhiggers killing their own
>WoL btfos their primal with tech launched from a silo
>we're about to go storming into the desert in the east to save them from a tyrannical regime
How does Yoshi manage to keep the game so relevant to real world events

Can't wait for Nintendo Switch limitation excuse.

Up to level 35

Dont forget limited inventory and gil and only being able to talk in say or novice network

Gathering is so boring.

>xbox players

Comfy*

*makes more gil than you*

Sure is

>Switch
kek i remember people rejoicing that PS3 support was going to be dropped so the game can finally move forward. except now it's going to be on switch.

God fucking damnit.
They drop PS3 support only to start supporting that can barely run ports of Vita games.

>Doing Frontline on my WAR
>Get to 7 kills
>About to get my 8th one when I suddenly get DC'd for no reason
>mfw All my kills got reset

Didn't they say it would be a streaming type thing, and the switch's laughable hardware wouldn't actually be running the game?

Fuck MCH

FFXIV was such a good game It's a bummer I'll never get to experience the MSQ for the first time again. ARR and heavensward were hundreds of hours of fun.

I just hope stormblood turns out to be a large expansion

how will they handle RDM and SAM pvp gear? will they add new ones or share some of the current ones

whats wrong with mch

sam gets mnk sloppy seconds, rdm gets blm/smn sloppy seconds

Probably share the same up to this point and then make new ones going forward.

switch support ending when

there was a FFXIV?

>log in to FFXIV
>play for 5 hours
>realize i actually only played for like 1 hour and the rest was afking waiting for duty finder/raid finder/for party to fill up

they really need to add more content on the world. beast tribes are good start but they are just fetch quests that you will end up hating in couple of days

What is the status of your fc?

Any game that can be automated by a bot shouldn't be called a game

It's alright. We get about a dozen people online on weekends at least, majority of it is on temp leave until SB.

Still has its core on all the time.

>tfw I'm not actually part of that core group since I can't be assed to log in most of the time

Do you plan on recruiting in SB if people don't come back, pope?

In stasis. All of my members have pretty much been playing new releases or waiting for Stormblood. Same here. I give my members enough privileges to keep it sustained while I'm gone, but I don't intend on booting it back up until next patch or if I'm actually needed for something.

I've been the only one online since the patch dropped since we stopped raiding.
Would anyone want to do some frontline with me?

Microsoft won't allow games to share servers with non-PC playerbases, so it's still out of the question with their current requirements.

Switch will be PS3 v2 with regards to running on low settings and low display counts, not to mention needing a good 32gb to itself. They're better off with just porting DQX to that platform.

>Microsoft won't allow games to share servers with non-PC playerbases, so it's still out of the question with their current requirements.
I don't really get why they are so against it?
Just to be cunts?

I do half my dailies at night and half in the morning before the reset

Morning is better because only the good people are on that late

Because it's an ecosystem they can't control and put familiar system-level shit on like friends list, party, and meeting their standards on other shit like voice comms and the like.

Did they actually say anything about bringing the game over to the Switch?

Crafting is boring but it makes a shit ton of gil at 60

In a slow lull waiting for SB

>fc
coma state - barely signs of life

>static
alive but cut back raid days from 3 to 1. Generally nothing to do but we still do casual content and have fun.

how do gatherers even make money? Even timed node items aren't that expensive, the only thing that i make decent money from is hq teak logs which are really expensive compared to anything else for whatever reason

Even 'not that expensive', you're not even using any resources in order to gather shit that can convert to decent gil. An item that sells for 500 gil, times 15, every ~2 in-game hours, or roughly 24 gathers every real-life hour. That's nearly 200k gil assuming the bare minimum, unless your server is really fucked and things are somehow under 500 gil a pop.

but i can turn out so much more profit with just 30 minutes of crafting. I know you can make /some/ money with gathering but it just seems like shit compared to crafting given the same amount of time. my best use for gathering right now is to farm counterfoils/scrips so i can get gear to desynth. demimateria and glass fibers for days

I'm just answering how gatherers can make money, man. I don't even bother with doing anything between patches because all of the gil to be made is made in the first 3 days of new shit. Why bother spending an hour making 200k gil now when you could have just made 40 mil in a few hours on patch day.

Depends on the server really. I've played across Data Centers and EU/JP/US are crazy different. JP servers are really cheap with their MB prices. Even Jet Black Dye is under 100k. Though it seems like everyone gathers/crafts so there's not much demand for anything worth making a profit on.

You have the best version on the Scorpio and you can take the Switch version with you on the go, feels good.

It's really going to be released on Xbox One?

>Scion adventurer's monocle

What did Tataru means by this?

Literally a shell corporation where i'm the only active player that i maintain just so i can have two houses

>shell corporation
Oh please. Just call it a solo FC.

Same here bro.

Used to have 3 but I can't decorate that much.

Wait what

I'm pretty sure MS were the ones pushing for Sony, PC and Xbox cross plat severs for games like 8 months ago

>so i can have two houses
Literally for what purpose

>Always gonna be fighting and exploring harsh lands
>Makes the WoL a monocle

STUPID LALA

That would be just boring

No fucking idea honestly. It's just nice i guess.

I got 3 houses simply because there's nothing else I want to spend gil on.

What are the starting prices for mansions when they have just become vacant? I want to know how much Gil i should have in store so i can get a mansion in Kugane ASAP

Do you mean two houses and one apartment? I didn't know it was possible to have 3 houses.

50 millions something something?

No. I have a FC house, a personal house, and another personal house on an alt.

Just lost a respected member cause he got pissed over something the leader did. It was such a small thing that I think he's been harboring resentment towards her for something she did a while ago that led to our raid static disbanding.

>her

errytim

>tfw you pass fat chocobo mount

Wait, it wasn't on xbone?

Can you transfer to the big closed servers like Gilga? or does it stop transfers when locked up

When you transfer you're paying so they let you in anyway

my character already looks like a bad shonen protag so might as well look the part

Please no, I don't want switch limitations

I wonder if balmung is ever gonna reach critical mass and they'll have to cut off transfers too. It has to be so much more populated than any of the others.

I was thinking of transferring to Balmung to jew up the markets like I have on my server, but realized I wouldn't be able to since there's so many people

The competition would probably be staggering

I have a friend on balmung and it seems like the prices are always lower there, at least on any of the things we've compared.

>70 days till expansion

What am I supposed to do?

Farm savage.

Already have everything from Savage though. God bless token system.

I'm focusing on making money so I can buy anything I might need day 1

1 gil on balmung is worth about 3-5 gil everywhere else except maybe tonberry or other jp servers

>mmo
>on a console

kek

Craft, gather, grinding, erp.
unsub

Play another game

>static is dead until SB
>nothing to really do anymore besides grinding alternate jobs and beast tribe
>really tempted to unsub until SB since nobody to play with and the grind is getting to me
I hate it because I like this game a lot.

>that feel when you keep changing your tank glamour because you've got tons of outfits and pieces of gear that you love so you just can't bring yourself to settle on a single outfit for long

Underage out

>still can't trade prototype shit and sophie weapons

Better have a good data plan on your phone if you want it to be portable

I do this for every job except tanks, i've been using high mythrite dyed pure white for my paladin since it came out basically.

Have you tried mixing High Mythrite with a couple of pieces of Gordian, dyed pure white? I was rocking a similar outfit a while ago (with the crafted thordan weapons) and it was really good.

XIV use negligible amount of data during the session. The bigger problem would be the Switcharoo battery.

I just read a guide about my class saying my skill speed softcap is 652, and my character currently has 750 at i237 with 0 materia. Is there anything I can do about lowering my skill speed without just plain replacing gear?

I just hit 60 a few days ago and I've been gearing the best I could with dungeons and the 2 currencies. It's honestly very annoying that without even trying to go for skill speed I overdid the cap by a fucking hundred.

I'm just too in love with my outfit, I really don't wanna change it. I feel like if I try to mess with it i'll just end up changing it around all the time like I do for other jobs. Also forgot to mention i use the chimeral felt skirt with it, forgive me for posting character

Let me guess, DRG in PvP gears?

>Could play on my Switch

Damn, tempted to resub. I do love me some ESO. Kind of wish FFXIV wasn't a sub game, but I know they really put out content so it's justified. When is it coming to the Switch?

>PLD relic literally a dick and balls aura

No, my gear is a mix of dungeons and the 2 currencies. The vast majority of it is the 230 lore gear, including the weapon. I have two 245 pieces from the ex dungeons and two 260 pieces from scripture.

Nothing has materia on it. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong and how on earth could I overcap this shit by 100. Feels like the game is punishing me for no apparent reason.

So is Stormblood going to change the formula for endgame? Cuz that shit gets boring fast

So what's the procedure for making money as a crafter at 60? Just go through the marketboard looking for stuff that sells?

I don't associate my personality with any company so I don't care if it goes to other platforms. I hope they enjoy FFXIV as much as I do.

If you're DRG 750 is not soft cap but people tend to stick at 595 OR 625 skill speed for 2.40/2.39 GCD since you don't benefit that much from lower GCD.

As for materia and substats, priority are as the following:
Accuracy to 699 (if you do Ex primals or Alex savage) > Crit > Det > Skill speed

>no helm
Nice slutglam, slut. Just kidding, you've got good taste. High Mythrite is top tier.

Do you guys know any good healer pants in black and red to go with the Scholasticate coat?

I like to sell mats for things instead of the items themselves. Probably less money but they sell a lot more often so I don't have to check on it every 10 minutes to undercut the guy who just undercut me. Going through and checking is honestly a good idea, I found some crafts that are level 50 that still sell for a shitload. platinum ingots are like 50k on my server and those are absolutely nothing to make