Trap all the Pygmies in one place

>Trap all the Pygmies in one place
>Go there
>There aren't any except one at the very beginning
>Somehow this faggot manages to find all of them and eat them despite never getting into the city
What kind of nonsensical bullshit is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Slave Knight Gael
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Man I already forgot who were the fucking pygmies.
Heirs of the first dark soul?

Does DaS actually transition into the real common world or it has nothing to do with the actual humanity?

They are those things from the beginning of DS1 walking around in darkness. Those that found dark soul pieces became pygmies and those that found Lord souls became gods. Those pygmies would have become the first men but Gwyn cucked 'em.

how does i kill dragon ;(

Attack head
Roll
Switch to shield for when he breathes fire under him

thank. you are kind man

tl;dr Be in front of him to bait his attacks, run to his tail, attack tail, then wait for him to turn around. Attack head, bait attacks, run to his tail. Repeat.
He counts as abyssal so use Wolf Knight Sword or Farron Greatsword for an extra 20% damage.

Does hitting his tail drop anything, like the first souls?

Nope.

Fuck

how did he eat them?

with his mouth user

Yeah, everyone says he was eating them, but it didn't really look like it when I saw the cinematic

Imagine for a moment you feel like a man who hasn't eaten in 14 years.
You find a frail, broken being who seemingly hasn't eaten as long as you.
You however are still strong.
You reach out and take a huge bite out of the poor bugger's arm, proceeding to his hand, his head, until you've sucked out all his blood and had your fill.
But the hunger is not sated and another appears before you. Of course you will take it. You will eat and eat and eat until that endless void inside you has been sated.

The one he flings at you is definitely fucked up bad. It's possible he just ate their blood. He certainly couldn't drink it.

>>There aren't any except one at the very beginning
Did you not see the semi-circle of thrones with pygmy corpses littered about?

look at their corpses, they obviously aren't in one full piece

No? Where was this?

Who are the first men then?

Speaking of which, and I haven't really seen it mentioned on here before, but have you guys looked at the corpses of the pygmies? The one you meet that's crawling away has it's head almost completely torn off.
Pic related.

You couldn't find any BECAUSE he spent a literal eternity hunting and consuming them, you clown

I managed to find a pic

I thought he was eating there dark souls or some shit

But they were supposed to be trapped in the ringed city that he couldn't get into.

Press F to pay respects
never even reached filianore

Literally right before you find him. Two of the like 7 or 8 thrones are utterly destroyed. He'll probably break a few while you fight him too.

I'm fucking sick of the whole"time is convoluted" bullshit , fucking from turned into hacks after demon souls.

That doesn't explain how he got them when they were trapped in TRC.

attack the head and keep moving

Aren't Pygmies just humans?

you both got in, but gael didn't eat them all

the ringed city is empty because midir spent ages hunting down and killing every living human being in the city; their corpses are littering midir's den.

the prison is also the ringed city you play in, it's a dreamscape built of the dead filianore's memories of the ringed city when it still existed. the ashen hell is the real world outside of the prison.

They aren't trapped in Ringed City. They're trapped in a land that Fillianore guarded, far-removed from everything else.
Gael found a way there and spent a good amount of time trekking through endless sand dunes until he finally found them and discovered the fate of the Dark Souls.

They are the first ones, small giants who found dark souls instead of lord souls? apparantly Pygmy is not a single guy anymore.

Yes, but I think when the game refers to pygmies specifically it's referring to primeval man - presumably a breed of human that has a higher concentration of the dark soul.

Was anyone else disappointed that we didn't get to explore the the larger part of the city? I was sure that we would get to go there after the cathedral, but alas.

My initial impression after defeating Gael was that the dlc was amazing but too short. Upon reflection, however, I guess we did get quite a few locations. I think it has to do with the dregs being a separate area. Still, I wouldn't have minded one more fully developed area to really give DaS3 a proper send off.

I got really excited when I got into the city right around the steps leading down into the swamp. I thought the swamp would be a side area with a boss and the city proper would be the meat of the dlc.

>Pygmy is not a single guy anymore.
>furtive
Fooled us all.

>Dark Souls 3: The search for more DLC

the ringed city IS the land filianore guarded; the ringed city, and possibly the entire world you played in proper, was the memory of filianore, and a prison for the undead. undead entered this world promised a cure for the curse, or the ability to die, and are trapped inside forever. when you woke up filianore you were literally shattering it and destroying the dream. Gael had already exited the dream prison before you showed up.

So was Manus just a dude who had an unreasonably large piece of the Dark Soul? What the fuck was he doing under Oolacile instead of being someplace near the ringed city? Is it because the Abyss has everywhere but nowhere shenanigans going on?

>All we get is a statue of Kaathe or Frampt, who fucking knows anymore
>A bunch of allusions to DS1 and Gwyn, splitting his moveset across the Pygmies and the Ringed Knights
>That's just about fucking it

That's exactly what I thought as well. I think From shouldn't have rendered the city so well because it was rather misleading. They make a habit of showing you what you'll actually get to explore, so it felt uncharacteristic.

the furtive pygmy is the pygmy who didn't fall for gwyn's lordship trap, and created humanity.

the furtive pygmy is the douchebag right before the first ringed city bonfire.

>They aren't trapped in TRC
They are explicitly stated to be trapped in TRC. The Pygmy lords anyway.
>Land that Filianore guarded
Yes, TRC. Built as a gift for the pygmy lords and used Filianore's dream to trap them.
>Gael found a way there
He couldn't have. He didn't have the banner, he leaves no messages in TRC despite leaving them everywhere in the dreg heap, and the egg is untouched when we get there.
>You both got in
Gael did not enter TRC.

So what you're saying is dark souls was just a dream? Did we get cliched? Holy fuck.

>eat souls
>stay ugly
>eat pygmies
>get swole
We've been doing it wrong the whole time.

>gael did not enter TRC

yes he did, he left a red cape marker in the shared grave, and he leaves a dev message for you by the humanity puzzle that you can reveal with that shitty miracle nobody uses. he beat you to the dark soul and ate it into his tummy.

The worst part is that the walkways above the stairs give the illusion that there would be a bunch of pathways to explore in between building and stuff. Such a wasted opportunity just because miyazaki loves swamps so much he uses stagnant water as lube.

Literally a wasted opportunity.

Cutting off Kalameet's tail was goddamn exhilarating.

>Red cape marker
Nice meme.
>Dev message
No he didn't. It's a fucking engraving on the wall and all of the other ones have his likeness near them.

Even if what you say is true, how did he get out to the end of the world without breaking the egg? There is only one and it can't be replaced.

did you unironically not play dark souls 2 where this exact scenario plays out in the intro video? it's far more convoluted than "hurr durr just a dream" but I'm not FROM and I don't have the perfect grasp of their idea.

basically the memories of the dead are palpable, and can be given physical form, through the power of souls. this is essentially what soul transposition is, giving physical form to the memory of the soul, which is touched on briefly by old moonlight's description.

The past itself can be visited and influenced through these memories, with a powerful enough inlet, which was a major plot point of dark souls 2.

maximize fire and physical defense so you can spend more time in the battle to learn the patterns.
use Wolf Knight's Greatsword because he's weak to it and hit him in the head.

don't be a magician. magic is so ridiculously weak in ds3. you literally have to trade estus for the ability to attack the enemy (ashen flask)... it's far inferior to normal physical build.

I did play DaS2. I was mostly just phrasing it like that because the idea was funny to me.

you can reveal developer messages with the seek guidance miracle dumbass, there's a gael message that tells you to try mimicry if you use seek guidance

also the egg IS broken, there's a massive hole in it.

>how did he get out to the end of the world without breaking the egg?
Not the user you're arguing with so I don't know if the message miracle is true and I don't recall any cape marker in shared grave but I assumed Gael showed up there by taking the long way. Literally surviving as long as it took to reach the end of the world all the while hunting every single pygmy. The world made his job somewhat easier as lands are converging.

But I don't think we were living in Fili's dream either and whatever occurred at the egg was something more significant than breaking an illusion.

The egg is broken like that on purpose to show the transposing kiln inside and I don't believe you about the dev message with Gael next to it. Prove it.

Why the fuck cant I summon the NPC for the ashes DLC boss?

All the guides say hes suppose to be near the stairs but he was never there for me. I am already doing the ringed city and I'd like to finish ashes first.

And no I dont play online so no help from you guys I prefer the npc invasions/summons since these are single player rpgs to me first.

So either tell me how to cheese the boss of the first DLC or why this fucker wont let me summon him.

there is only one true answer

come on now you know it git gud

>there's now multiple furtive pygmies
>the dark soul was split between these faggots
>Manus is pretty much insignificant now
Why is From allowed to retcon their own lore?

i've got nothing except what info you can read here: darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Slave Knight Gael

someone in the comments says "He can't be summoned after killing gale in ringed city".

I interpreted it as Filianore's egg as holding time hostage for the ringed city, when the egg broke the ringed city was aged hundreds of thousands of years to catch up with the rest of the world until finally it reached the end point where all lands converged into dust.

>i did not watch the dark souls 1 intro cinematic

>Ahh, is this the blood of the Dark Soul 2?

What did he mean by this?

the significance of filianore and the time-skip is to poke at the fact that the world is already dead. the gods so refused to let their dead world end, they created a replacement, and refuse to let it go. Ashes of Ariandel was meant to be a direct allegory to the real world of dark souls; the grand creator so greatly refusing to let his world end that he sheds his own blood to suppress the fire while his creation slowly rots.

>They are those things from the beginning of DS1 walking around in darkness.

No, those were hollows.

"Pygmies" are just humans. They're not a new species. The Gods just referred to humans as pygmies since they were so small and lacking the cool super powers that the Gods had.

another comment says "I haven't even killed Gael and the summon sign isn't even there....." so there you go.

Fuck you. There was multiple dudes where the dark soul was discovered but how does that imply the dark soul was split between them?

So, the opening cinematic with the pilgrims.
Were they trekking through the long, endless desert that is shown at the end of the DLC?

Been getting gud since des.
I'm just tired now and want to know how it ends first hand. I also use greatsword exclusively so I feel like thats not helping.

>He can't be summoned after killing gale in ringed city
I saw that as well except I'm not even past the giant faggot in the cathedral. Just got past the swamp.

Thing is I never saw his sign before either. Way back when I was actually playing it before this ringed city came out.

>hollows before the hollow curse even existed
Makes perfect sense.

Because they split the dark soul. It was the first sin and spawned Abyss with the creation of man. The problem with man is that they replicate, thus creating infinity expanding dark - the Abyss.

yes. it's the same shit as the dark souls 2 intro: people travel through some crazy magic entrance to reach the in-game Lothric. Londor exists way the fuck whenever the desert timeline takes place.

Yes. For whatever reason Lothric is still okay through all of that shit.

>It's over

That's great but the opening cinematic made it sound like only ONE of the pygmies acquired the dark soul. So much for Manus being of any significance whatsoever.

the dark and abyss as we know it is a curse created by the gods

the gods snuffed out the soul of man when he sealed it, created a dark void. the soul of man is a dark thing indeed, but in its pure form it is a cold, gentle dark. the dark soul, when unsealed, is a soul of ash and moonlight.

The base form of ALL humanoids are hollows. Give them a soul, and they become that thing.

Hollow + Dark Soul = Human
Hollow + Lord Soul = Lord

The Curse is just removing the Dark Soul (humanity) reverting humans to their "natural" state.

The endless "natural" state of the world is unchanging. Dragons who do nothing. Arch-trees. And some Hollows mindlessly wandering forever in caves.

What I didn't like about the time skip is that the impact is lessened quite a bit because you can simply warp back to the areas you've been and everything is intact. It's just a bit unusual because normally when you make a change to the level in Souls it remains permanent.

Like every other dragon, stay between the legs and balls all the time. Run to the tail when he stands up. Its an endurance battle, it takes time.

>Nothing but dark, cold moonlight

Age of Man sounds hella boring. Gwyn was right.

At least the DLC finally got to the heart of why continually reigniting the first flame is bad. Kind of like planting the same crops on the same plot year after year without doing anything to rejuvenate the soil. Better than "uhh well because it's a raw deal for humans and undead I guess" or "because the gods have ruled for too long"

I'm sure they considered it but didn't want to lock people out of the entire rest of the game. would've been cool and helped make more sense if there was no bonfire there at all, and you interacted with the corpse of filianore to return to the rest of the game.

why isnt my ringed city dlc loading??

shit im sad

Motherfucking pygmy crawling away literally said he's going to eat them

>The melting sun pyramid and giant snek were never a thing

Well memed From!

Manus is still significant because he was the one who opened up the abyss. Furtive Pygmy was never described as being the only pygmy nor the only dark soul. It was always implied that the thing the pygmy found was split amongst all or most of the humans in the world.

DLC just tells you that the pygmy was the only dark soul owner (maybe pygmy lord) that didn't get cucked by Gwyn.

>Ohh, Filianore, help me, please... The Red-hood is come to eat us... to eat our dark souls...

When you kill that one filianore guard in the future, her corpse can be found behind the door you talk to her through afterward, and Filianore is gone too, so at least some things are affected by the time shenanigans.

>original Wolnir fight
>Gwyndolin + Yorshka questline
>Ocellote being turned into dragon jam during Oceriros fight
There was lots of really cool stuff cut, but that's just how these things go. I think out of everything I would have liked to have the Oscar thread in DS1 to have been kept/finished.

There was no time skip, that is just what the Ringed City actually looks like when Miss Egg Warmer wakes up.

>This is not a merry Dark Soul, this is not a merry Dark Soul at all!

>At least the DLC finally got to the heart of why continually reigniting the first flame is bad.

what does the firekeeper ending do? is that the same as reigniting the first flame?

>Expecting Fromsoft to deliver
Man, a sprawling kingdom of raging fire and ash would've been awesome tho.
>The Pyramid always in the distance as you carve your way through different sections of a ruined kingdom
>Until at last you come to it
>Standing atop the pile, great masses of Dark pouring out from far above, you Challenge the Sun to a duel.

The one where you summon her? Isn't that where you gave her the eyes and she realizes how fucked the world will get if you keep igniting the flame so she helps you put it out and start the age of dark?

>Tfw you find out that these are filianores eyes

So the Egg was a giant Untrue Dark Ring?

okay i completely misinterpreted it

>tfw you realize Yorshka, Priscilla and possibly Gwyndolin were all failed experiments to create the first Firekeeper, much like what happened with the Herald in DS2

The whole Lapp questline really nailed that dark souls charm that's run throughout the series. I don't know how to call it. It's sort of a bittersweet irony. Somehow both wistful and grim at the same time. Rejoicing in fatalism. It seems to be a very Japanese thing.

>I dont know what concept art is