To those who have actually played it, what did you think of this game?

To those who have actually played it, what did you think of this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XDKBfhcos84
youtube.com/watch?v=3-ZMU5AgKSM
youtube.com/watch?v=3RKLjL5vmHA
youtube.com/watch?v=gz0sPq0M7nw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good music
Shit everything else

annoying combat

Lame story, but great combat, enemies/bosses, locations, and unlockables.

Oh, and soundtrack.

Downpour had a much better story but awful enemy designs.

I enjoyed it more than 4

Good atmosphere and music and sounds
and best monster designs
Best silent hill, hands down. Pure kino

I want to get assfucked by a nurse

>FUCKING SLIDE PUZZLE WITH THE LAST SAVE POINT AN HOUR+ BEFORE IT
i'm still mad. otherwise the combat is bad only because knife stunlocks every enemy. the doll was a pretty good, tense boss though. don't even remember the story

it's shit

Its all right, its kind of a SH best hits combined. Pyramid head appearing is dumb. Its nowhere near as bad as people say, its above most horror games out now anyway.

>its above most horror games out now anyway.
Really setting the bar high there.

It tries and succeeds in what it tries to do, its just that what its doing isnt that amazing by SH standards.

interesting ending, shitty dialogue tho.

It's not really amazing by any standard. And if we use horror games in general as a standard it's pretty shitty. I mean, sure, it succeeds in that it's a video game that you can play from start to finish, but I kind of prefer good games.

It had some cool looking monsters

It sucks. The only good things about it are the music and the boss fights.

It's comical just how derivative it is of the previous Silent Hill games and especially the shitty movie.

Played the Xbox 360 version and the performance was horrible, despite the game looking like shit. Is the PC version any better? I want to give this game another chance.

Fuck off.

Don't get pissy at me buddy. You want to like an awful game then fine, just don't act like it's good and then expect to not get shit on for having bad taste.

>I-it's bad
Wonderful analysis, man. I really respect your opinion, now that you've laid out your issues with the game.

I though the Scarlet boss fight was REALLY good and there are some moments during the game that were genuinely scary, like the hotel and the sewers.

I liked it honestly. I recognize the horrible things like butchering the story, poor characters, and whatnot. But it did manage to capture the SH feeling better than Downpour. I liked the enemy designs, music, and kind of the combat. It's a good Halloween kind of game. I beat it almost three times.
>youtube.com/watch?v=XDKBfhcos84
>youtube.com/watch?v=3-ZMU5AgKSM
>youtube.com/watch?v=3RKLjL5vmHA

Yeah I'm not really worried about what a person who likes bad games thinks of my opinion but okay.

>A couple of great songs on the soundtrack
>Awful story, graphics, gameplay, etc
>some cool bosses and the guillotine head enemies were neat I guess

Using pyramid head and ripping off SH2s plot wholesale was fucking horrid though. It was than downpour at least

You didn't even explain your opinion, retard. You just said "I don't like it".

Also Sonic 06/Dragon Age 2/Metroid Other M/etc. are good games.

No shit, huh?

>It was than downpour at least

Downpour at least tried something new, even if it did fail horribly.

What was the point of even posting in this thread, then? Get fucked, pinhead.

What did it try? It felt like any other SH game except for the otherworld running sequences, which were horrendous.

Well if you want to talk about points, then what would be the point of me laying out what's bad about the game when everyone else has done it in the thread already? Besides, it's not like this is one of those games where there's a major debate on its quality. It's pretty much universally hated to the point where everyone knows the criticisms. Would be like if I was asked to explain why Sonic 06 was shitty.

It's inspired in the movie instead of the previous games, so it's kinda breath of fresh air.
In the end, I felt sorry for the MC.

>universally hated
Wrong, dumbass.

>pretty much
I said nothing wrong.
Regardless, if you're really itching that badly to have an argument about why you think a bad game is good, you have plenty of people here to bitch at. I mean, I'm obviously not going to give you the time of day because I know better than to think a person who's this defensive about their shit taste is worth debating, but hey, maybe there's someone else stupid enough to argue with you.

Whatever you say, you TwinPerfect-parroting faggot.

Hot garbage and one of the worst video games I've ever played in my life.

>great combat

what the fuck please fuck off and get some taste

THE WORST SH game I've EVER played. The only thing I actually liked about this game were the bosses. They had cool designs.

The "dodging" was the worst part about the game aside from when Alex got a drill through the leg and walked/ran around like it never happened.

Git gud, kid.

If you think Homecoming is anything more than rubbish you have pretty remarkably low standards.

Shit story, shit combat, okay music, mostly shit enemy designs cept for a few.
>FUCKING
>HUMAN
>ENEMIES

The series has always had human-like enemies. What's the issue?

>Git gud

there's no complexity to the combat to be "good" at. You just stunlock everything to death with your dumb fucking knife 3-hit combo, or you shoot everything to death before it even gets close. It's shallow, easy, boring, garbage. It can barely even be called a combat "system".

I feel like people confuse Homecoming for a different game or something because I really don't feel like we played the same game when I hear praise of Homecoming's "combat" of all fucking things. It's just so bad in all aspects.

They didn't have dudes with guns shooting at you.

I liked it, but the story is pretty weak compared to the first four games. Also, they really didn't need Pyramid Head in this game or even the sexy nurses. It was obvious they threw that in for brain-dead fans who only ever played Silent Hill 2.

>I-I'm just t-too good at it
Sure you are, kiddo.

*loops your AI by mashing the attack button*

pssh, nothing personnel

I also forgot to mention that I find it VERY similar to the Resident Evil line. The first four games were great and the fifth game turned it into a more action oriented game, rather then a slower paced and claustrophobic survival game.

Well they just had to take something from the shitty movie, didn't they? At least they also ripped off the cool nightmare world transition effect too.

>personnel

They had nurses shooting at you.
Wait, what part had guys shooting at you? The Order henchmen? I thought they all had crowbars?

I don't care, a normal human had been reserved as a special boss fight in the previous games. In one part you strait up fight like 20 cultists with bats and guns. Shit was retarded.

Yes some of the cultists had guns, it was during some fucking switch puzzle I dont remember it was like 10 years ago. Either way you shouldn't be fighting normal people in silent hill without there being a special reason for it I.e Eddie.

new detected

I played on the highest available difficulty and did not use firearms at all, so I think my experience with it might have been a bit different from others, as I've heard guns trivialize a lot of encounters. Gameplay-wise, it was decent, and offered up a good challenge with the whole ducking and weaving combat, especially in some locations with a lot of aggressive enemies like the sewers. Hell Descent is a genuinely good application of the whole "blood and rusty metal" aesthetic, and the doll fight is really well done.

All in all, it's not a complete abomination, but it still leaves a bitter aftertaste and can't even really compare to the mainline games. It's at least better than Downpour.

One of the areas with a puzzle had a few soldiers come at you with guns.

Enjoyed the shit out of it. But that's just my personal tastes, the game is a 7/10 at best, which is not bad either.

Pros
>Good music
>Good atmosphere, some parts are legit creepy
>Good monsters
>The combat is nice, good balance between action and creepy

Cons
>Its a bad SH
>Theres few stuff that make no sense and are there just because, like PH
>Story is all over the place and ruins the big reveal (you either see it coming or feel it was way too out of context)
>Weapons balance is bad, most if not all the weapons become obsolete from the very start because your first weapon is already endgame tier.

Real talk
2>3>1>Downpour(Yes I know it has a lot of fucking flaws)>Room>Shattered Garbage>Origins>Homecoming

>merely pretending

I enjoyed it. It can't hold a candle to the original four games or Shattered Memories, but it's at least as good as Origins and much better than Downpour. The enemy designs were pretty great (well, the original ones at least) and it had some spooky environments that oozed atmosphere. The bosses were surprisingly good as well. Scarlet is one of the best bosses in the series. Music is mid-tier for Akira but very good overall. The story was bad, though, and the combat was horribly balanced which made normal enemies far too easy.

In short, it's an okay game that was a huge disappointment but still doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

user gtfo
youtube.com/watch?v=gz0sPq0M7nw

Again, that is a boss, which I said earlier you fuck. Look at my earlier post:

come on kid...

i agree with both statements.

Felt pretty good fighting bosses In Homecoming. Having the main character be able to fight to better match his soldier skills is pretty nice.

I loved the Downpour world and characters, but the enemy designs had little to no variety, which was the only flaw I saw in the game really.

>the only flaw to downpour was the enemy design
Did you play it on hard puzzles? Do you remember the fucking hard puzzle that didn't work because the poem was fucked?
Did you remember accidentally tossing fire axes into the abyss all the time?
Do you remember just trying to remember which button was health pack, which was switch or holster weapons? Remember the fucking water slide?
Remember how manual aim was fucked, but auto aim never missed?

For real tho I loved the world and characters of Downpour, strongest in the series since 3. Its gameplay is fucked though.

No fuck that wait I got another problem.
Remember that one puzzle where fucking infinitely spawning enemies would keep attacking you

Some cool enemy designs (mermaids and the bosses, mostly), but I feel that it kind of misses the point of Silent Hill. The story would have been ok if not for the movie cult shit and the fact that your actions in the game actually change what happened in the past, which should never happen in a game like this. It's overall ok-ish for survival horror standards, but an awful Silent Hill.

It was what you'd expect from being made by Americans.

It was trying to be a Silent Hill, but didn't seem to really understand exactly what that meant.
The atrocious """dodge""" gameplay combat didn't mix well with the gimmicky enemy AI designs. Too linear too. It would have been remembered more fondly if it had just been called Homecoming and acted like it was a simple 'SH-inspired' ripoff.

im gonna be honest, and say i dont cause i bought it when it came out and beat it twice. The few things I remember are the "kind of" open map, the rollercoaster, the Silent Hill 4 Room you can find, the trip hallway runs, and those annoying invisible enemies.

Guess I need to play it again so I can be mad while enjoying myself.

Like don't get me wrong, Downpour is my favorite after 1 2 and 3, but the gameplay has a lot of fucking problems.

Not him, but git gud.

Git Gud at what? Not knowing that FUCKING SLATE WASN'T MEAN TO BE SEEN AS COLOR IN THE FUCKING PUZZLE.

I found the gameplay to be decent. Story was alright, but you could really tell it took influences from Western horror media and from the Silent Hill movie.

100x better than Downpour though.

The only good things about Downpour were the weeping bats, they dolls, and that movie theater side quest. Also the stage play. Everything else was atrocious.

What games are those hmm? Betcha wont give a list

>Not liking the twist where you were the boogyman in someone else's otherworld

The final boss wasn't bad.

Of the new age Silent Hill games it's the best one, but that isn't saying much. With a few camera tweaks and gameplay tweaks it'd be a classic SH game. Downpour is just shit.

>Downpour is just shit
Wrong, faggot.

Downpour's story is awful, the combat is awful, the enemy designs are awful, Silent Hill itself doesn't feel like Silent Hill, the graphics are shit on Unreal, the characters are shitty, there's no hospital either, and your weapons break too.

I'll give you the degrading weapon bullshit and the enemy design, but everything else is fine.

>stage play
Totally forgot about that brilliant part. It was jarring to see that much creativity put into one part of the game.

That was pretty cool, but the way they wrapped it up was awful and seemed to conflict with that.

You mean the clunky as fuck part where you play as the boogeyman? Yeah that was shit. The canon ending(Where she let's you go then goes to shoot the cop who had her dad beaten to fuck) was a decent enough wrap up I think.

It was too obvious.

I guess it was okay. I felt it was way too blatant with the symbolism but it still made for a neat visual.

The biggest offense IMO is that it ran like shit. Even after being patched it was difficult to stomach the constant slowdown and freezing.

There was no reason for there to be a hospital in that game. It would make no sense for this character. It would have been just as shitty as Pyramid Head's cameo in Homecoming. Breakable weapons are fine because you're not supposed to want to kill everything that crosses your path. I agree with everything else, though. Those fucking enemy designs. I would have liked the story if they just stuck to Pendelton killing Chris Farley instead of having both that and the cop's murder just completely change based on your moral choices during the game.

>actually complaining about multiple ending
Neck yourself.

I didn't complain about any multiple endings, are you retarded?

>durr, it was clunky

>You lived to see the day Sup Forums thinks Homecoming and Downpour are good games

The part where you play as the boogyman you fucking idiot.

I liked it, despite the whole game being a missed opportunity.

There's a lot of nice imagery, the OST is my personal favorite and some of the monster designs are really good.

The enemies and bosses are actually scary until you learn how to knife combo them to death. There's not enough exploration either.

The story could have been interesting with Alex's PTSD but that's abandoned in favor of a terrible fucking plot twist that doesn't make sense. I did like the choices, but they even fucked that up by giving many first time players the UFO ending right off the bat.

I think that the game has a solid foundation but not a clear enough artistic vision of its own, so the interesting stuff is overwhelmed by derivative and generic design.

This is more depressing than it should be.

>large monster
>shouldn't be clunky

The bosses were a lot better than in previous games, the fighting was okay considering your character was a military trained* guy obviously he can fight back and the story was dumb but you know very well this is the kind of thing dumb people from Silent Hill would do.

The twist* was good.

Welp, time to an hero

I don't think either are good. I just think Homecoming is mediocre and managed to get some enjoyment out of it. Downpour is legit bad but even that has its moments.

good music

but it was influenced by the movie so PYRAMID HEAD LOL

combat heavy so it feels like a shitty RE4 clone

the twist kinda sucked

they could have a lot of interesting things with that soldier background too bad it was all in your head

I've played worse but I can't really recommend it.

Assuming that you are assuming the role of the boogeyman from her nightmares, it should be just as powerful as the one from your own nightmares, or akin to Pyramid Head/The Missionary

The problem is that the arena was wide, and the only way to ever get in close the was ground pound that has terrible hit detection.

You can make a big large monster feel clunky, but I don't think that is what they were going for, they just did it badly.

I thought that fight was a really fucking cool idea, just really badly implemented.

>muh Team Silent

also I forgot to mention that the background story about wht was happening in Silent hill was actually good.

You can read some of it in the wikia by reading the diaries of the characters.

This. I wouldn't say Homecoming is a good game, but that won't stop me from playing and enjoying it.

I honestly didn't see the twist coming. I heard others said it was obvious though. The one thing I wish they did was make the twist better by saying he went to the army but got discharged. That would have at least explained his good conbat skills. That or maybe he was training hard for the army in hopes of joining one day.