What games do you recommend if I enjoyed Torment, Mask of the Betrayer, and much of KOTOR 2?

What games do you recommend if I enjoyed Torment, Mask of the Betrayer, and much of KOTOR 2?

Are Pillars of Eternity or Tides of Numenera worth playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

beamdog.com/planescape_faq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BG2
Fallout 2/NV
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

Thanks. I'm playing BG2 right now, I did BG first and it wasn't brilliant (but also not terrible), I hope BG2 will be better.

Pillars of Eternity is a lot closer to BG 1 than it is to PS:T - the writing is mostly just serviceable.

I can't comment on Tides of Numenera.

I would recommend Shadowrun Dragonfall and Hong Kong.

Some potential storyfag games are Geneforge series, Arcanum, Fallour 1/2.

Is the remastered version of Torment worth it?

Not the OP but I've tried many times to start Shadowrun Dragonfall but the linearity kills it for me. And I love cyberpunk.

Don't think it's been released yet.

From the FAQ it sounds like they got Chris Avellone in to slightly tweak the plot, but they otherwise left it alone, and apparently they fixed a bunch of bugs.

beamdog.com/planescape_faq

>What was Chris Avellone's role on PST:EE?

>Chris Avellone reprises his role as Lead Designer in PST:EE. He reviewed and approved all UI adjustments and did an editorial pass of all the text in the game. In addition, in the few instances where new text was needed (i.e. additional journal entries and special ability descriptions), Chris wrote the text himself.

>What content changed between PST and PST:EE?

>Planescape: Torment has a unique tone and it would be impossible to add significant content to the game without changing that voice. Besides Chris Avellone's additions and edits to the text, we haven't changed any of the original Planescape: Torment content. Gameplay aside, we've added significant quality of life improvements to the user interface of this classic game. Scroll to the bottom of this FAQ for a larger list of improvements.

Do you still need to play a Shaman hacker to get the most out of the story?

Why the fuck would you think that?

I played Torment many moons ago, so it will be fun to replay it again.

Shaman to make use of CHA, and you get half a dozen hacking checks every mission that you can't send your team mates to do in Dragonfall.

The original Neverwinter Nights (not 2) plus the expansions holds up really well.

the OC is pretty boring but the expansions are fun and there are some fantastic user modules

Etiquettes and high charisma alone are reason enough to invest in the stat. You don't have to do any of the shaman stuff.

You got a stat that does nothing otherwise so might as well as use it. Otherwise your character have no combat capacity whatsoever.

You have more than enough karma to throw around to easily get high Body, Charisma, two other main stats, and three/four skills to use.

I may have to play again. Is this true in Dragonfall and HongKong?

How about a book? Nobody enjoys playing these things and I'm convinced that only ignorant people think it's good storytelling.

Anything that doesn't have anything to do with modern shitsidian or shitdog will be fine.

Both. Hong Kong naturally gives out more with the expansion it got. Just remember to always create a custom character and always start with at least 4 Body.

Thanks user!

As far as Charisma goes, 6 is the highest check in Dragonfall. Hong Kong has a 7 very late, but probably not any higher than that.

In Hong Kong get to Summoning 3 so you can pick a totem. 6 karma is a steal for a passive +1 damage/+5% hit chance or +1 armor/+1 movement.