Who /quake/ here?

Who /quake/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pb8OOSvntY0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Is this new Quake?

Does "YOU FRAGGED" come up everytime you kill someone. That seems kind of obnoxious for quake.

I will admit, that from what I've seen of it so far.

It doesn't look awful. I am cautiously optimistic.

They need to open up classic duels so all the oldfags can go there

And don't even try to argue, it's not like you don't want it

>pay to unlock characters

you've obviously never played Quake

Here you go faggots.
youtube.com/watch?v=pb8OOSvntY0
14min vid for those not in beta, the guy playing is complete shit but it gives an idea of how the games is.

100 Damage with the rail. What in the fuck is going on here?

zoom

>need to zoom with the rail
Gross, also still not digging the unique character abilities/traits

you don't need to zoom, it's just 100 dmg instead of 80

>zooming gives extra dmg
That's dumb

I have but having it flash with a medal and a breakdown of experience points takes up a whole hell of alot more screen real estate than just a 14pt "you fragged" message poppong up.

Absolutely in love with this beta

I agree. The majority of Sup Forums will find plenty of reasons to shit on this game but I actually love it.

most of it is shitting on non-gameplay stuff like the cosmetics or voice acting

>goes back to pre-nerf damage for zooming in

With only a small amount of distance or even a second of time on your side, that just seems like its extremely unnecessary as well as catering way too much to one specific weapon, especially given the speedsters don't have enough health to cover that area whatsoever, so they're fucked on pickup if someone knows where they're coming from or anything else, instead of being able to get away with heavy damage and able to pick up health around them to get back around.

Then again, that's kind of a problem with the whole character stat separation that they're going for, which is something that Quake's design never had to really look around for except for generalist shit that applied to each and every player. Even still, I'd rather it not have the zoom and just keep to the 80 on hit or something. That's already enough to put a speedster in the red, or otherwise punish players after a set-up and them not being able to skillfully do away with you.

it's pretty stupid
also rockets have like a one second delay before firing that totally fucks you up

It looks really dull honestly.

its kinda fun playing with total newbies because they fall for every trick in the book

Air control while hopping feels way more weighty than in Quake 3. Am I just going mad or is it different?

it's ultra forgiving

straight into the trash

stick to Overwatch then

Looks like it'd get boring after a few hours.
Arena shooters just don't work anymore.

>that melancholy piano playing at the Eyeball map

It's practically auto-hop; not in the way of PQL where you still had to direct your jumps and everything else (more of a QoL), but rather you can just make a vague bunnyhopping motion and still get momentum. Sometimes, you can just easily get momentum by strafing just a bit while in mid-air - not really needing to turn. It makes sense for console players not being able to bhop as reliably, but strafe jumping should be easily doable, and from my experience, that doesn't really even rack up speed sometimes at all.

I don't know what the fuck is going on with the game or if I'm just screwing shit up (probably am since my machine is barely a beast anyway) but bobbing the mouse from side to side always manages momentum, so it's really just me not getting a fucking clue, maybe.

Swapping thankfully helps with that - rockets were more about swaps if anything - but it's a real pain in the ass for its other usage: delayed direct area denial. God forbid you use the Lightning Gun to cover another exit because for whatever reason the developers thought putting a really intense blue flashing light the second it's used was a good idea. It may just be low settings, but it made me lose my tracking a whole fucking bunch, and it's just obnoxious.

The rails being a problem mostly harkens to the ruleset of "you aren't supposed to spawnfrag with any weapon." It was a big problem with Quake 3: a single shot long-distance weapon that would easily get a frag in on a player if they weren't even positioned to move directly into where they were gonna spawn at all. That's why CPMA brought around the 80-hit, but even that's heavily debated still as if it's a "good damage" or what have you.

For Quake Champions, the 80-100 hit now is even a bigger problem, as not every Champion even starts off with 100 HP For some champion's, that leaves them at 8 HP, which is enough for a good tracker to machine gun them to death, which is just absurd.

it's high settings as well

game looks like shit will never compare to overwatch.

That's something they really need to fix for the Lightning Gun, in that case.

There's no reason for a weapon that racks in damage solely on tracking/DPS to have a light strobe or whatever that takes up the screen and is just distracting as all hell. Really hurts it in that regard.

It's a beta, so hopefully it'll get some workings on weapons in that regard, but then again, this is Bethesda we're talking about. Bethesda and Id, but Bethesda still nonetheless.

not sure why they buffed damage compared to QL

Of course it won't compare, it's already better than that casual trash.

Yeah Quake will never get off. Streamers wont keep it alive. Heck Overwatch is only popular when a new update comes out. Quake will get its short time of fame if any and die shortly after. Leaving the people that are true fans playing it, with other fans crossed to either play the new one or the old ones that are much better.

In the end, fast pace FPS games are almost dead on PC. RIP

>Quake
That's UT3.5, m8

Anyone want to share a beta key?

>mfw no key

I need that Shambler's head in my life right fucking now. How do I craft.

>hit marker
>hud bullshit

Even that scope, why has everything got to have fifteen bells and whistles on it these days?

Are people literally retarded now? Are they amused if I jingle my keys in front of their faces too? What the actual fuck is going on.

On the Lightning Gun? I'm not well-versed in that enough; the aforementioned effects were enough to make me not draw any comparisons since I lost my opponent and wasted ammo on using it. If it was buffed, I'd be pretty surprised, since it was reasonably perfect in CPMA/PQL/QL in general.

For the Rail Gun, it's probably that they were thinking of situational use instead of potential player use and how crazy things could get with it once it gets into the skillful - or worse: crafty - hands of someone else.

You'd figure a creator like id would know about the discussions everybody's had about it, but apparently they just tried to hit two birds with one stone and hilariously failed in that regard. Then again, we'll just have to wait and see; maybe they'll get something around before public release, but I'm not one to cross fingers when I've seen mistakes in betas, sadly.

Jesus fuck, it really is, isn't it.

>Game appeals to mass retard audience with low skill

>Game appeals to players who want challenge and need skill

>hey, du u know dat less peprol whil pray it

You're a fucking idiot.

Fuck off faggots, the waiting queue is bad enough as it is, we don't need you chucklefucks making it worse.

No it's 80 unzoomed and 100 when zoomed, are you actually looking at any of these webms?

Fuck you, what do you know about quake, noob.

you misread his post

I'm getting my ass beat because I haven't played Quake in forever, but I like it so far. I don't much care for the fact that I have to pay to unlock champions, but whatever. They can be grinded out with gameplay. Game does have some performance issues, though.

Lel, speak for yourself, and who cares I'm the one with the key faggot :^)

>that guy camping the LG spawn
>getting 100% accuracy
>going 88/0

>it's just 100 dmg instead of 80

But it's not

he's saying you don't need to zoom, it just does 100 damage instead of 80 which is true

Super shotgun is best girl

sent :^)

No it's not, look at this fucking webm

Nailgun is best spawn weapon

Prove me wrong

I think it's okay. I like the shotgun, though.

they give you 500 in game credits every 5 levels to spend on character unlocks. just sucks that you'd have to get to level 40 to get them all

quck

>tfw love quake
>tfw 4 confirmation emails over 5 addresses.
>tfw not a single code
It feels bad anons.
I'm sure the actual game is not too far off.
We'll be together soon my love... Soon.

quack

looks fantastic

are you fucking retarded?
What he is saying "it's 100 zoomed and 80 unzoomed"

back to school leaf brazilian monkey nigger

it is true nigger i played the game

Reminder that if you have over 65% accuracy on the LG or RG you are actively making this game unfun for every player you come across.

gitgud

>that hud
It's not fucking hard. Stop plastering pointless shit all over the screen. It literally takes more effort to get it wrong than to get it right.

>What he is saying "it's 100 zoomed and 80 unzoomed"

That's what I said. Why are you calling me retarded when you can't even follow posts properly.

Good, that's where the satisfaction comes from

If someone is hitting more than 50% LG on you it means you're shit, btw

Mad? Just cause you didn't get a code to this turd. Doesn't mean you gotta get mad over. Whipping out the "You're", might break your keyboard breh.

People protected DOOM when that was all high and mighty, know where the fuck is it now? Multiplayer is dead and you have a better time of find players in any of the Call of Dutys on PC then finding a good community in Doom.

We're gonna get a mass hype of free beta, bunch of people will either try and buy. Game release will look solid for the first week, unless another game or update tries to over take it. Then within a week the game will be easy under 2-3k people and CSGO, Players Uknown, Dota and LOL will get it's 10K players back.

Welcome to the Cycle of Triple A titles
Enjoy the cuck.

>Comparing Doom MP to Quake

le xD my man should have made the bait less obvious

Who is it Sup Forums?

Reminder that if you can't land bridge2rail you don't deserve a beta key

Doomslayer. He has a player icon already. He's pretty much been confirmed.

Are people seriously exited for this shit?

I had extremely low expectations yet I'm still disappointed.

Yes, you moron it does 100 while zoomed. Pick up some reading comprehension.

She got a cute raspy voice ingame.

She also got a vanity armor attachment where she's carrying an egg. No doubt pooped out from her cloaca.

It depresses me that id are potentially taking feedback from players who can't b2r

liking the artstyle but the voices and taunts...

So it's like Overwatch wannabe?

Yes this is Bethesda's attempt at competing with the new meme genre Hero Shooters. This game even has fucking lootcrates. Welcome to OverQuake.

that was a shit webm and i feel like i wasted my time by watching it

Am I being baited? This is what the post I replied to said

>you don't need to zoom, it just does 100 damage instead of 80 which is true

Which isn't true, you need to zoom to get 100.

>Pick up some reading comprehension.

Aren't you going to feel silly when you realize that you read the posts wrong?

Yup, An they can ruin quake at the same time, genius!

>Baited
Can't really compare with anything, go with the previous games and you'll see amount of players ((6 Players)). Doom would be the most soild being that it was recreated under the idea us Sup Forumstards would pay 70 bucks on a turd for a quick pay out on nostalgia. #mean for calling me a fisher mang, I prefer pavement ape.

>throw teleporter in a panic
>quad carrier kills me
>teleporter collides with quad carrier
>kills him
>YOUR TEAM HAS THE QUAD

>Arena shooters just don't work anymore.
just because you're bad at them

DUDE FLIKZZ

CHECK OUT THESE SWEET FLIKZZ

Quake Live is better.

I agree but it could have been much worse.

>All throughout this morning and afternoon, there were waiting queues, reaching the 1K to 2K people on the waiting list.
>In the late afternoon - evening, queues were dropping down the mere 300 - 400 on the waiting list.
>Now there barely is even a fucking queue at all. I can exit the game, log back in, and I find myself directly in the character screen.

Is this the end of Quake? Are people leaving due to dissatisfaction?

Doom MP was garbage, this looks good.

So why do quickscopers in games like CoD eat so much shit when this is basically the same thing?

Give this man/lady a medal.

Quake Live still has more players than Doom MP, you pavement ape.

Doom was never popular like Quake was when it came to multiplayer. It's just a shit comparison.

Well that's not true. Doom 3 even still has people playing it. nuDoom MP was just trash

Alternatively they could be adding more servers to accommodate the players, which is probably exactly what they're doing because it's a fucking closed beta and the purpose of this weekend is to stress test the systems.

>Doomslayer. He has a player icon already. He's pretty much been confirmed.
source?

thats what they were saying on twitter, adding more servers