ITT: Hardmode Hope

We already know this is game of the year. Possibly decade. But what are somethings you are hoping for from the hardmode dlc to make it truly the greatest game of all time.
>champion abilities removed or heavily nerfed
>either mipha or fairies (limited to 2) but not both
>hylian shield isnt eldergod tier and ancient shield doesnt autoparry
>ancient arrows are weak against any enemy but guardians
>all ancient equipment and gear leveling require much more material
>gear leveling does have as much (making 4 stars =2 rating)
>can't fast travel except from shrines and only to stable/village shrines or towers (also fixes warping during fights
>no silver enemies, instead 2 black (alternative is to have the silver split into 2 when half health)
>Max item slot halved
>have to fight blights in hyrule castle no matter what
>stasis depletes stamina
>flurry rush time length is based on how frame perfect your dodge is.
>parry window shrunk
Did I forget anything?

It's a children's game. The game already has too many damage sponges, the so called hard mode is just going to be more sponges.

Go hit up an arcade or something if you wanna be challenged.

The game is already too hard for most people and they need to pay up to beat it or use a lot of the games casual features to do so. hardmode has so much potential.

Not a bad list, some of it shit. This is what I want:
>no fast travel at all
>hunger meter
>sleep meter
>remove champion abilities
>remove flurry strikes
>limit amount that you can consume in battle to prevent chugging truffles
>normalize weapon and armor values
>hard versions of all shrines (i'm thinking dark world of super meat boy style. almost the same but more difficult)

Hunger meter and sleep meter are pointless but you can just limit food to 1 page instead of 3.
Also real time eating.

It'd be a real piece of shit if you have to restart the entire game just to play Hardmode
Not having multiple save files like LITERALLY EVERY OTHER FUCKING GAME IN THE SERIES was a really stupid decision
I'm not erasing my 200 hour long savefile just so enemies don't die after three hits
Fuck you Aonuma

What. Just restart dude. Theres no point in keeping a save when you can do everything at the start of the game.

>we already know this is game of the year
factually false

I mean Mario Odyssey is a contender but I don't think its going to be as revolutionary as BotW.

I fully expect it to just make enemies deal more damage.

>put 50 hours into collecting all 900 Korok seeds
>another 20 hours into grinding materials for upgrading armor
How about no
I ain't playing through this piece of shit a second time

Hardmode isn't needed since the rain fucks you in the butt anyway.

>Season pass

I die in this game all the time. You aren't as gifted as you probably think you are.

Sucks for you. Have fun having 900 seeds and just sitting on it.

You just just do anything else when it rains. It only rains on like 1/3 of the map. And only frequently in the south east which is a plot point.

I am more optimistic about the cave of trials than the hard mode. I hope it's something absurdly long akin to the via infinito in ffx-2. Because the mechanics of the game are tight enough to support something like that.

I dont have much hope for hard mode because it would take new enemies or weapon types for it to not be underwhelming.

>Remove parry completely
>Shield parry stays though
>Make every food have an eating animation outside of the menu, with weaker ones taking less time
There, game is fixed

Theres no need for new enemies or weapon types. I die a lot in the base game though I don't use champion abilities or fairies. Or maxed knight armor. So random arrows just snipe me.

>hunger meter
>major changes to the dungeons (ESPECIALLY THE BIRD, IT WAS TOO EASY)
>Harder Parry
>Golden enemies
>smarter AI for enemies/longer range for them to see you
>more wizards everywere
>FAR Harder final boss

So basically you're bad. Ok.

I want more Guardians.
with more HP and faster.

Start/use another Nintendo account, you retarded cunt.

Takes 5 minutes

Still can warp awayfrom fights you are gonna lose

Sure if that makes you feel better.
You only need another console account. 5 seconds.

I like guardians much more than lynels and wish they were more difficult or smarter.

A roaming guardian with more than one attack and that could climb walls would be nightmare fuel. And the whole idea of them would be improved if they didn't always spawn in the same place.

Correct, that's what I meant.

Guardians are fine. But they could throw in some guardian scouts in the overworld.

>I like guardians much more than lynels and wish they were more difficult or smarter.
me too.
I actually bought the Guardian amiibo just because I liked them that much. it's my first amiibo too.

I just want more enemy types that require unique methods to fight, rather than just perfect dodge+flurry rush.

I don't get why people find "hard mode" so appealing. You can already self-impose hard mode. Try a three hearts run, try a no-clothing run, try a no-healing during combat run, stop carrying so many fairies, stop warping away from a fight you don't want to be involved in. For them to force ANY of these things (like OP suggests) is lazy as fuck because you can already restrict yourself to these criteria.

Hard mode should be new enemy types that involve new strategies or it might as well not exist. The only mechanic they actually need to implement is making champion abilities able to be toggled on or off (press A to toggle on the key items screen) so you can disable Daruk's Protection, Mipha's Grace, and Urbosa's Fury since those sometimes activate by mistake and end up saving your ass.

Factually true. People will be talking about BOTW in 15-20 years the way we talk about OOT now. It's not the first in its genre, but it sets the bar.

Screencap this post if you don't believe me.

>making champion abilities able to be toggled on or off
I'd like this. At least for Daruk's and Mipha's, since Revali's and Urbosa's abilities are relatively easy to control when you want to use them.

>Max item slot halved
The game would be virtually impossible

New enemy types are pointless. Thats more for a new game, not a hard mode. Self imposed hard mode isnt the same as having your ability to fast travel from fights removed.
Just turn them off like everyone else

...uh, you can do that now

>Remove flurry strikes
You literally wouldn't be able to defeat a lynel

No it would require you to steal weapons instead of just running in with what you have and ignoring everything else.

But you already do that

I can't imagine the hard mode is going to be good enough to start the game all over again, especially so soon. You wait a couple years to replay an open world game like this.

Not as much and having half the slots would force it much more. Like shooting a thunder arrow at an enemy and taking their weapon before the fight. Not slaughtering everything then looking to see if something isnt trash.

>Self imposed hard mode isnt the same as having your ability to fast travel from fights removed.

Yes it literally is. Why can't you just exercise some self-control and not fast travel in the middle of a fight? I can't believe there are people who actually want to pay money for DLC that forces you to do something you can already do yourself. Only a retard would want hard mode to force a play style you can already do yourself.

>Making Link weaker, and everything else a little stronger
No, that's stupid.
More risk, and less reward? What's the fun in that?

What they should do
>Monsters are packing ancient arrows, and can kill Link in one hit
>Killing them gets you ancient arrows, which you really need them now
>They make a new Gold enemies which are faster and smarter fighters, with some of them able to use Fire, Ice, and Lighting attacks in one.
>Enemies will throw metal weapons at Link in a Lighting storm.
>Mini bosses are better protected with minions, to warm them of Link coming close
>Gold Mini Bosses have their common weakness removed, by wearing a helmet to be protected by head shots
>Gold Hinox can shoot lighting lasers
>Gold Lynel will have a other monsters riding on it, to shoot arrows at Link while it fights
>There's a Yiga like Sheik (Looks a like a red Smash Shiek with black hair) that is as skilled as Link. and always comes riding in on a Yiga horse
>The big Guardians can now fly and chase Link
>A new Guardian, that's human like, and copies Link moves with guardian weapons.

Well, these are things I can see that can be added to the game, since it can already be done.
If Link can do, the monsters can do it.

Not that user. I have no idea what's going on. But for me the importance of hard mode is that you know everyone who's playing it is playing by the same rules.

Like for example fast traveling, saying "I beat the game and I kept myself from fast traveling" isn't as impressive or relate-able as saying "I beat the game on the mode that has fast travel disabled".

>>Monsters are packing ancient arrows, and can kill Link in one hit
Couldn't read past that. Was too stupid

While it'll probably happen, the thought of being here 15 years from now to see that is dreadfully sobering.

On topic:
>Night gets much darker, especially under waning/new moons. You'll need a torch to see further than 20 feet ahead of you.
>New, tougher versions of bosses. Gemstone Talus (Ruby, Sapphire, Topaz, Opal, Diamond), Silver Hinox, Snow and Sea Moldugas, with new attack patterns.
>Enemies ride on Stalhorses regularly after you see the first one.

It's not a competitive game. I don't want them to waste their time and my money implementing a feature that prevents other people from lying to me about their accomplishments, I just want a hard mode that challenges me in ways I cannot currently challenge myself.

This guy gets it.

If the hard mode just makes enemies stronger then it's pretty much shit.

>new Guardian, that's human like, and copies Link moves with guardian weapons.
actually an interesting list other than the first lmao

>more mounted enemies

Pls no

It's actually not a bad idea, I just hate those fuckers

>all these high expectations regarding hard mode
You're all setting yourselves up for disappointment.
Link is gonna take extra damage, camps will have either more or stronger versions of mobs, enemies will have better sight/hearing, and anything more than that is gonna surprise me.

>>Enemies will throw metal weapons at Link in a Lighting storm.
No, fuck that.
They don't need to be that smart
>>Mini bosses are better protected with minions, to warm them of Link coming close
So, the Hinox is already awake and ready to kill you.
>>Gold Mini Bosses have their common weakness removed, by wearing a helmet to be protected by head shots
This would make Lynel a chore to kill
>>Gold Lynel will have a other monsters riding on it, to shoot arrows at Link while it fights
Now this is scary

If I could add one thing to the game.
I would like to see a Guardian helper, that looks like ROB.
Gives me a reason to use that Amiibo.

Why don't you just bomb them?

I'd rather they adjust the enemies outright than most of these stat changes.

Stuff like the guardian laser having either faster targeting and blasts, Enemies in general move faster, all better armed, more camps with nice varieties of strong enemies, ETC

Enemies hitting harder.

>R.O.B. Guardians
This needs to get to Nintendo.

I don't think Rob gets enough love

I just want more enemies. Make a camp of 4 bokoblins 8. Where there was once one Hinox, there are now two. etc.

Also, what I want even more are more slate powers for added sandbox shit. Like I keep wishing there was a rope tool I could use to tether things together.

>guardian lasers don't have laser sights and shoot faster
>they move around more so a perfect parry hardly ever hits
>they get some moves from guardian scouts, like spinning lasers or keeping their distance

The standard is set high enough with this game that there will likely be one surprise beyond the obvious damage sponge, environmental consideration, etc

>You'll need a torch to see further than 20 feet ahead of you.
Nigga take your blind ass somewhere else.

Blood moon beefs up enemies

>We already know this is game of the year. Possibly decade.

facts

>I don't get why people find "hard mode" so appealing. You can already self-impose hard mode.

Agreed, stuff like pausing to heal is obviously OP so just heal when combat is done. Little things like that made combat a shitload more enjoyable, not to mention

That sounds legitimately bad. All of those things are mostly possible in the game anyways.

>hearts are not mandatory--just never collect them/go for stamina instead
>disable the champion powers
>don't fucking collect more than a couple fairies
>just don't fast travel, it's not really that difficult to resist
>don't use guardian shields against guardians
>don't buy any inventory slots with seeds

I want something more creative than arbitrarily-enabled boolean options that already exist within the game.

I'm not sure what I want from hard mode other than a fight againts a fully recorded ganon as a surprise final boss. Also maybe 3 new enemy types and wolves actually being a threat

>The only mechanic they actually need to implement is making champion abilities able to be toggled on or off (press A to toggle on the key items screen) so you can disable Daruk's Protection, Mipha's Grace, and Urbosa's Fury since those sometimes activate by mistake and end up saving your ass.
But you can already do that, user.

Wow I'm glad you don't work at Nintendo

>Night gets much darker, especially under waning/new moons. You'll need a torch to see further than 20 feet ahead of you.
That seems more tedious than hard. Especially since you can just rest at a campfire to wait until morning

Even having the option ruins the game

>We already know this is game of the year. Possibly decade.

it's not even game of the week

>Not stealthing a Lynel
Casual.

>Darknuts
>Iron Knuckles
>Redeads spawn anywhere at night
>Ghini spawn in the woods at night
>Dodongo now inhabit Death Mountain
>Regular Stalfos will appear in the woods and some areas like Hebra or Typhlo (?) Ruins, about as much HP as a Silver Bokoblin but much more use of their shield
>Wolfos appear in Great Plateau and Faron
>Peahats spawn in Gerudo Desert
>Miniblins added. Will swarm you like Keese and Pikmin combined

I support this

>7/10 cardboard weapon simulator
>goty

lmao the delusion is real huh

Durability is the best part of the game

I always see these hard mode idea threads and too few of them mention the biggest flaws such as having a ton of items in your inventory that can heal you to full and the fact that defense rating becomes broken later on.
There needs to be a fullness meter, make items heal over time, or drastically decrease the number of healing items you can have.

If you seriously fucking think you need flurry rush to kill a Lynel then you're an awful player and you shouldn't be in a thread about hard mode.

The fuck? Why would you need it? You have plenty of opportunities to hit them outside of flurry rush, and you can dodge/parry their attacks just fine without it.

Taking half a Hinox's health away or even killing it before it gets up is a good thing?

Shooting Lynel in the head and constantly mounting them isn't a chore? How the fuck is that engaging?

This is hard mode thread, not a thread about adding companions to make the game easier.

>generic open world with zelda skin
>game of the year
>game of the DECADE
no you might like it but its not a masterpiece its a fine game but has many issues in it

>generic
>one of like 3 open world games where you can actually go anywhere

Hard mode should include cool-downs for more things.
>EATING should have a cool-down and the effects of eating should not be instant, rather healing should be like a half-heart per beat.
>Punishment for Dodge/Parry failure, like an enemy does more damage if you fuck up.
>Teleporting should drag enemies/npcs/wildlife within a certain distance with you.
>Zeroing stamina eats hearts
>Blight can temporarily grey-out hearts (also some enemies carry blight arrows that aren't very effective against them, but will fuck your shit up)
>better enemy cloaking
>weapon durability severely diminished by blocked attacks and rock strikes
>standard arrows attract lightning (enemies will nail you so that you'll get zapped)
>bombadier enemies
>Ghoma
>Dodongo
>W/E the fuck that hydra dragon from the OG Zelda was called... Gleeok? I think it was Gleeok, I want one to be chasing me and I have to flee for dear life, cutting off a head only makes it more maneuverable.
>Darknut (Darknight?): Mounted, haunted suits of armor that have to be hit with a club or hammer to get it to fall to pieces then have the hea- wait, that's just harder stalfo-s.

>The only mechanic they actually need to implement is making champion abilities able to be toggled on or off (press A to toggle on the key items screen) so you can disable Daruk's Protection, Mipha's Grace, and Urbosa's Fury since those sometimes activate by mistake and end up saving your ass.
You do exactly that in the game already.

That picture of your mom laughing won't change the facts.

They will be talk about the lack of history and being the MGS5 of Zelda´s.

You really are upset that the game is near perfect, aren't you? Keep lying about video games you never played, user.

>all those bare mountains and plains
it'll get game of the year, and ill be mad

>bare anything
>BotW
Nope.

its set a pretty fucking low bar. the shrines are pathetic and it takes more time to talk to one than it does to complete. the beasts are no better. the world is great to explore, provided you have plenty of stamina and its not raining. it might get goty, but it really isnt a great game.

You're pretty fucking gifted, going by that Reddit spacing.

>moving goal post this hard

>the shrines are pathetic and it takes more time to talk to one than it does to complete
>talking to shrines
So you never played it.

1800 korok seeds

Why not just mod the pirated version to add all this shit?

i meant walk, but im a spastic.
some of the worst shrines are the ones where you do something semi-challenging to unlock them, and when you go inside there is no puzzle; they just hand you the orb. ive had 5 of those so far, and it's probably the most disappointing part of the game. i like the outfits and cooking, i like finding korok seeds (though i wish they incorporated more environmental puzzles into that) but i find most of the game very frustrating in that it feels like there is unnecessary padding. Why make climbing so slow? why not have steeper areas that really require navigating the mountain to climb? I feel like I spend half my time travelling in an unengaging way only to be let down at my destination.

I wrote to shit ton of mods of GC games. It was possible because of dolphin.
Cemu is closed source so its practically useless. At best I could use cheat engine and try to figure out what bytes to change in the file but its not really good enough.

>0/10 too much climbing
You should work at IGN, senpai. I bet your favorite Zelda is SS, you fucking pleb.

>Teleporting should drag enemies/npcs/wildlife within a certain distance with you.

>Stand on Lake Hylia bridge
>Farrosh flies by
>Teleport to Zora village

I think climbing could be really fun. They could have used the jump mechanic, put in some footholds and really made it entertaining.
If you enjoy playing 'hold up and wait', I'd love to know why

I just want enemies to carry endgame weapons so I don't have to replace my savage lynel spear with a fucking stick, who the fuck thought white enemies with baseline weapons was a good idea?