Games that are only cool when you talk about them instead of actually playing

Games that are only cool when you talk about them instead of actually playing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=maMjjUr6zIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kpE21u-F-kA).
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Morrowind, for me

combat system sucks dick

This is now the EYE thread.

How are your legs, anons?

>How are your legs, anons?
They are are OK but weak, any recommendations?

Red Dead Redemption

True, the gameplay part was horrible in RDR.

Buy more implants.

Brouzouf is the real EXP anyway.

This threads gonna be gud.

all of the holy trinity of overrated Sup Forums games (deus ex, new vegas and vtm:b)

>overrated games (deus ex, new vegas and vtm:b)

NV is just not everybodies cup of tea. It's for fans of obsidian-style rpgs and old fallouts.

VTB is interesting game, really, but is an unfinished mess.

Deus Ex is fine, but it aged like a dead grandma.

I just wish EVE was as good as it looks in the trailers.
youtube.com/watch?v=maMjjUr6zIQ

My legs are OK!

Almost had to fight pic related earlier though

Eve is mighty fun when you find the group that's fun hanging out with. Then it's just something you do while shittalking with friends. That's the main upside, but also the worst downside of EVE.

So that kind of stuff does happen in Eve but you have to be a part of the multi-national mega corps to see such large battles as they tend to display is trailers. I long accepted that Eve isn't misleading, I just don't see enough value to dump the years of my life necessary to begin to min/max Eve.

Overwatch.

Cool looking game at first glance and cool character designs but playing it is super boring because of how unoriginal the gameplay is.

On top of the boring gameplay, I have to deal with tryhard cunts playing the EZ mode heroes(like almost every MP game).

I now despise Over-[s]rated[/s]-watch with a passion and actively avoid the game and anything involved with it.

Overwatch is the new MLP.

>try to spec into every weapon class
>can't hit anything
>COMBAT SUCKS!!!!

I'm sure it went something like this am I right?

they're among my favourite games but you cant deny that they're overrated as fuck by Sup Forums

eve online but dont think i agree with anyone else in this thread ok

n'wah I fucking love Morrowind and even I acknowledge that the combat is dogshit

shit combat is a staple of Bethesda games, it hasn't improved much

>fans of old fallouts.
i dont think so. maybe people who like to say their fans but started with 3.

the removal of your stats actually mattering in the sequels makes the combat worse

Any open world space sim game. X series, Elite, anything else. Mostly trucking is space and micromanagement, but cool for screenshots and stories about financial empire domination.

MMOs in general. All sound cool and exciting, but actually just pointless grind for the sake of more grind.

Is this game actually fun, or is it a meme?

It's not really fun to talk about though but it's definitely fun to watch.

I can say with 100% certainty that i've talked about NeoTokyo more than i've played it.

I played like 5 rounds once at a LAN and maybe a few times since when the servers actually have players.

Anytime someone mentions an FPS I get my high horse ready and talk about what a strategic and elaborate shooter neotokyo, how it's just like.. a really intelligent game but I know normal people like COD more

I'm a real trash motherfucker over here.

It downgraded if anything, everyone became damagesponge in Oblivion and skyrim

At least in morrowind i could twoshot things and skip combat.

Hold on while I fix this shit thread.

Neotokyo had an absolutely awful community which is weird for such a small game.

Planescape Torment

It's best played going in blind without using any guides.

>that pic
how it this even allowed?

Majora's Mask

It's fun but rough around the edges

My thread is OK.

It's special. I find it fun. As some other people. It has funny mechanics and it's a bit like doom slaughter maps(youtube.com/watch?v=kpE21u-F-kA).

It's also confusing as fuck. You need to actually break the frustration and simultaniosly care and not about stats, dying, making sense, etc.

Later you just go out, murder feds, demons and gain brouzouf. Or hunt ceptros with a hammer for fun.

Would reccomend pirating to try, or getting when on sale(i got mine for $2 iirc).

It's fun because there is nothing else like it
Our only hope is Cyberpunk 2077

>hey guys these popular games are actually shit
Here's one that actually works.

>E.Y.E.
>Popular

I like how much the stats matter, but it's true that the combat consists of just three attacks on melee and either slapping or shooting shit on destruction magic. The most interesting way to fight is probably nonbow thrown weapons, strangely enough.

Valid point, still get fucked.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I didn't even realize it but I guess I picked it up on a steam sale for cheap a while ago and have still yet to play it at all.

Yeah. You should check it just to see what it is. It has some really cool and interesting shit design-wise which you don't see very often. Most people get their minds blown by the fact that whatever you are hacking is actively hacking you back.

Unmodded fallout new vegas
Great story, characters, knows how a Rpg should be handled, but the combat is ass. Luckily mods saved it.

Me and my roommates did. We were getting hyped to play it together and we talked about what was gonna be in it. None of us play it anymore.

Fun is questionable, but the game certainly is an experience you won't get anywhere else.

What do I need to research to level cyber legs after level 4?