Memes aside, why is the playerbase so bad?

Memes aside, why is the playerbase so bad?

I'm not even going to say that I get golds every game, because that is literally impossible.

At the same time though, a lot of people don't have any map awareness, and just suck shit. I just played a game in no Limits where 3 of our winstons could not stop 1 single Genji on defense.

What attracts these bad players?

Other urls found in this thread:

learntocounter.com/i-play-for-fun-the-four-dumbest-words-in-video-games/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Heroes of the Storm and World of Warcraft players play Overwatch.

Sorry, but it's true.

It's why you have retards picking tank heroes and then hiding behind the fucking snipers, and why you have entire teams who don't understand the basic concept of OFFENSE TOUCH PAYLOAD, PAYLOAD MOVE FORWARD. DEFENSE TOUCH PAYLOAD, PAYLOAD STOP MOVING.

9/10 games when I'm stuck on a payload map, if I'm on offense it only fucking moves when I'm alive. If I'm on defense, it only fucking moves when I'm dead, because everyone else will be fucking chasing Genjis or focusing on their sweet KtD ratio bro

I'm a casual. I still try my best. Might not mean much., though.

It's probably full of plebs because it was a cynically focus-grouped piece of shit designed to appeal to teenage boys with sex appeal, e-peen and microtransactions out the arse

if you play it you're probably a feeb

>le i get gold dmg by shooting shields all match meme
kys

what rank are you? thats the first question we have to ask you

The average gamer is fucking garbage. OW has a huge playerbase so that pool of average player is even bigger than normal.

>le i didn't even read the OP meme
kys yourself desu senpai

because the only people who play overwatch are underage b7

game is for casuals i mean i dunno what you were expecting

>shooting shields
>not valuable

>play pharah
>crash on top of the point, killing both their healers without reloading.
>team still can't fucking push

wooow

20m+ players, a lot of them are going to be below average/average

the higher end players are pretty good

diamond you see some people usually really good at one thing, like really good mechanics, or really good game sense

master and gm you see people usually pretty good at both, and it increases into the top 500

that being said, there's always the occasional 'that guy' who clearly doesn't belong in master+, especially when you see those fucking sym/junkrat mains and it's just the confusing shit ever

BIGGER

>What attracts these bad players?
Same things that attract the good players. It's polished and fun and the asymmetrical fights sometimes let you dunk on other people.

However, most people aren't actually competent at the game because they underestimate the value of teams and objectives. If you 1v6 the enemy team and kill 5 people, it's a wasted effort so long as one of them is left alive to take the point.

I just played five games, 3:2 w/l, and everyone was amicable for the most part.
We had a pair of diamonds playing genji & hanzo that had tanked their rating into the mid-plats I'm 2800, on a good day, and despite some nay-saying at the beginning everyone came together and we won.
It helps being positive and friendly, I know that isn't everyone's natural state, but give it a shot.
My roommate is an awesome guy, with a dry read:mean sense of humor, but I can definitely tell it has lost him some games.

why should i be friendly to people that are bad at the game and just reply "its just a game bro :)"

Because it is just a game? Try having fun, then when you lose, you're still having fun.
Statistically speaking, you're going to go roughly 50:50 win/loss unless you get placed low and are climbing to your actual skill level.
Do you really want to spend half of your time salty and upset during your free hours of the day?

people think of it as a competitive shooter ala csgo but its just casual trash

its popular, thats pretty much it. LoL its another example of that

It's popular so there's a better chance of dipshits getting into the game. This is true with any popular multiplayer games.

You mean bad as in "bad at the videogame"?

Because Overwatch is not a skill based game, and the difference between "The best Soldier 76" and someone that's played the game for 15 minutes is almost negligible and basically just boils down to who sees the other one first.

The people that are new to the concept of a competitive multiplayer game just kind of waltz around not understanding or appreciating what a good thing to do is. And it ain't really their fault.

Some other people from here said that it's dying.
Who's trying to cheat me?

Probably the easiest way to enjoy the game quite frankly

>floor cracking

The playerbase is huge so naturally a good bit of it will be shitty. Take away the gimmicks and the game is still a shooter, so things like aim and reaction time(which can only be improved upon by so much) matter

Incidentally, I have 40+ hours in and still can't reliably hit anybody unless I'm Bastion/Symmetra

Not only is it THE hot new thing, it's also THE new babby's first FPS.
There's legitimately people playing this game that have never touched a shooter in their entire goddamn lives

>Not only is it THE hot new thing,
>Overwatch
>New
>Hot

pick none its been out for over a year now and most the casual base fell off the wagon because blizzard decided to pander to the competitive scene

100% this

OW is balanced in such a manner that it grants low-skill players consistency because of how the godtier heroes are designed.

>Reinhardt literally only has to charge his ultimate up by planting his ass on the objective and shielding his team. He then presses Q to stun the entire enemy team with the retarded range and AoE on earthshatter, the only hard AoE stun in the game.

>Lucio only has to stand near teammates to fucking heal them passively. "Lucio mains" make me fucking sick. Thank fuck Jeff decided to nerf the shit out of the AoE passive heal range so braindead Lucio's don't succeed anymore. Lucio's ultimate fucking overheals all his teammates... on top of being already able to passively heal his whole team anyways.

These two alone are core on any fucking team. It doesn't matter. And any retard who cannot aim can play them because the only things that matter on the hero are the fucking cooldowns.

It makes games in the non-braindead tier (2500) and above complete shitfests. You have zero clue if your teammates are going to be retards that can only play Rein/Lucio and refuse to play anything else because they cannot aim.

Zen mains are my fucking bros. They are the unspoken pillars of support, who heal core DPS when they need it, debuff annoying enemies, and ult to win the big teamfights.

Players are bad because want to be cool without effort, like any other game like dota.
I have dropped from 2k to 1.4 because l was a support main, then l just get gud with phara and soldier and climbed back to gold.

Every single hero 'main' is a problem in this game (except rein) because this is not cs, this is a moba and mobas have counters. Is also who see who first, but junk cant kill a flying phara etc. We are in season four and ppl still dont understand compositions, counters and why in certain maps some heros are a no go.

>AoE on earthshatter, the only hard AoE stun in the game.
blizzard stuns aoe, flashbang technically stuns aoe

>grants low-skill players consistency because of how the godtier heroes are designed
lucio and rein being good has nothing to do with "consistency for low skill players", reinhardt's shield is one of the strongest abilities in the game, even better than some ults, and lucio is literally the only one who can boost speed, which means you have better diving potential and general utility like chasing for kills, getting teammates in range for ults

>The best Soldier 76" and someone that's played the game for 15 minutes is almost negligible and basically just boils down to who sees the other one first
thats not remotely true, soldier has a very specific burst pattern to maximize dps with a very concise cool down period for resetting the spread. a weak soldier player will never know that burst pattern. also, a good soldier would be able to direct hit with helix and do a full 120 damage while a bad soldier will go for aoe which severely gimps the damage

>be diamond player
>make new account to get it to comp for my friend cause he doesnt have the time to play to get to lvl 25 cause work
>get placed in silver cause my teammates always throw
>cant get out of silver
>regularly go 30-5 a match
>top 20 global for dps stats on my main
>still in silver
This community is awful. I might as well be 1v6 every game.

I dunno. I feel Rein is really trash without his shield.
I mean, if everyone focuses their attacks on him for like even 5 seconds, they could break it and leave him way to defenseless and easy to kill.

>played a game with a squeaker
>he was making calls nonstop
>after about 5 minutes he gets extremely frustrated at everyone being bad
>feel awful for him
>everyone yells at him but hes completely right in everything he says
Its usually the 20year olds with the giant ego who refuse to switch up who throw the game trying to junkrat vs a pharah and a genji and a winston.

Because the playerbase consists mainly of 12 year olds much like Sup Forums desu

I love playing video games that attract hardcore autistic shitters who have overthought strategies to the point where they have names for them (all Blizzard games basically) and then completely disregarding those strategies and just having fun.

It usually gets people screaming on my mic or running of the cliff or otherwise twisting their shite knickers, which makes it even more fun.

Most of the time we do fine anyway. It turns out that people who take video games seriously also kinda suck at them.

The game appeals to both cowadooty run-n-gunbabbies and MOBAbbies, pretty much combining the worst game communities out there. Of course it's gonna be shit.

Rein shield is to cover others that shoot and kill while you move. You can also cover yourself but cover others is its primary use, most dont understand this and roam, when the flanker iz one guy.

You should seriously listen to yourself.

"You guys have no map awareness" (said in pwned.nl voice)

>FPS MOBA designed for horny teenagers with ADD
>Playerbase is shit
who could have guessed such a thing

Why you ask?

Because it's Team fucking fortress 3

what did you expect? Good people?

You seem to completely miss the fact that kids actually tryhard and play very well due to them being still 'innocent' and having a lot of time on their hands.
Adults/18+ people are the cancer that is killing video game communities because they have an ego bigger than Wildlands map, and they can't take any criticism and have no will to improve (they play for fun).

>learntocounter.com/i-play-for-fun-the-four-dumbest-words-in-video-games/

That guy sounds like a nerd.

The main problem with the game is the small team size; mistakes are way more prominent and punishing because each individual team member carries more weight within the match. In TF2 you could still do fine with 2-3 shitters in the team, in Overwatch you're completely fucked.

Because Reddit.

High diamond low master player here
Imo people tilt too fucking easily, when you don't cap the last point of a payload map, everyone gets angry and don't try to defend.
it looks like no one really wants to win

Fuck off underage Reddit scum

Frustrated 20+ yo that gets rekt by skilled kids detected

here's blizzard in a nutshell for you op:
>1998: no one plays our games but gamers! they might be hard but we're making them for ourselves, we sincerely hope that you enjoy them! They might be hard but we'll include a dope 80 page manual with cool artwork for the noob young kids out there to read through as they try to improve.
2002: Our heart is with RTS but it's a very hard genre to get into if you're new, so we'll try to redevelop the formula to allow less quick players to still have fun
2004: what if we made a fucking mmo? warcraft's lore is so rich (remember those manuals we wrote in 1998 for starcraft and wc2?!), it's sure to be a hit!
2007: hmmm this new genre that we're in has attracted a lot of "non-gamers" who only play mmos to our games... unfortunately they haven't been able to see our end game content, which is some of the best that WoW has to offer (citation needed).
>2009: diablo 3 doesn't REALLY need skill trees does it? that just sounds really confusing for all those WoW players.. WoW doesn't NEED all of those extra abilities for each class, let's just cut the abilities by like 75% and make each class exactly the same.. starcraft 2 doesn't need a mechanical skill element, it's not friendly to new players!
>2012: why don't we make a card game and a noobified dota clone?
>2015: how about a TF2 clone?
>2017: when you're winning in overwatch you do less damage

>What attracts these bad players?
It's a Blizzard game, and Blizzard made it even more casual so it's a noob game. Plus, it's popular with reddit and they suck at games.

Now the question is, how did theses players ended up in diamond.

>2017: when you're winning in overwatch you do less damage
?

You are actual cancer, get off this site. I am frustrated because it is rare to play with friends due to everyone having a JOB. So I mostly play solo queue, so when you are saying that you are """"skilled"""" is a bunch of shit as you can co-ordinate and focus fire versus a team that has no-communication. Good job kiddo here's a (You)

With the exception of Starcraft, Blizzard have always made casual games that could be played by anybody. Overwatch was really the final nail in the coffin for me. It doesn't even feel like a game anymore. Everything in the game feels like it was made in mind for noobs and not people that actually play games.

i disagree because clearing d1 and d2 solo without looking everything up is actually difficult... same with a lot of vanilla wow's leveling

The problem is that Overwatch doesn't enforce CoD/Quake gameplay where one player can single handedly if skilled enough destroy one team.
I remember back when BO3 launched lots of veterans were running auto shotgun and only spent their time wall running and air hovering while killing everybody.

This is not possible in Overwatch.

The fact that there are bad and good people is tied to time spent and interest in the video game itself. But Overwatch hinders the time spent vs skill curve by making everything 'having a chance to do x'

WoW was just grinding. Diablo was played by my casual normalfag friends so I wouldn't say it was hard.

I can confirm the Overwatch part, when you see the potgs that are Torbjorn dying and turret getting 2-3 assist kills that confirms everything.

Any team game will breed retards that think they're good because they haven't realized they're always getting carried yet

How to fix matchmaking though ? 1300 rating people should exclusively be matched with 1200-1400's, sure queues will last 3 minutes more but maybe that's balance?

Overwatch prides itself on annoying and unfun mechanics that make people angry as fuck, and you're bad when you're angry.

The game hands out stuns like candy, and is full of oneshot mechanics that aren't even hard to pull off.

That's because the game from the get-go is about teamwork and using abilities to get kills. Using actual GENUINE skill is non-existent, when any moron can press a button to get an easy kill is fucking ridiculous along with the generous hit boxes. I'm not saying it's a shit game, I've spent 120 hours on it. It has a fun factor but god damn it fucks you in the ass so bad if you play solo.

i hate to ask but does the sombrero mean she does anal or just spanish

usually a cowboy hat signifies stuff

name one good online pvp playerbase

>why is the playerbase so bad?

The real answer is accessability

If you design a shooter, may it be whatever the shooter is based upon, or what systems are in place, you have to make a trade-off between accessability and skill-ceiling.

Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom decided "why not both" and tried to make high skill champions that take a long time to master while at the same time having low skill champions with JUST as much impact.

This "why not both" way of designing doesn't stop here though, a support sniper and a tank dps are probably the single most retarded design choices I have ever seen in my live.
It should be clear to video dev VETERANS that you have to make a choice between a engaged healer, which has to stay close and heals a fuckton or a distance healer which can stay away but can't heal as much. Guess what they've decided to do.

You can pretty much sum up all the problems or rather the solution to most problems within a few statements, for example;

>as long as a 100h genji is just as effective as a 10h soldier, the game is shit
>as long as any champ can deal damage without aiming while others have to aim, the game is shit

but the most true is probably

>as long as one teammate can ruin the entire game, the game is shit

it depends on what you define "good" as.. there are a lot of "good" online communities that include a bunch of illiterate but skilled retards in their communities, but since they exist to further the skill cap it doesn't matter..

however there are a lot of bad communities (bad in terms of skill level) that are also idiots and meme spouters.

>why is the playerbase so bad?
-any online game

I played this game quite a lot in duo and I think I put my finger on why.

The biggest issue of this game is the heroes gameplay is "easy to play easy to master", in other words the personal skill ceiling required is very low compared to others shooters.

So when you reach the max skill ceiling, which is usually the maximum of the potential a certain hero can offers what do you have left to give you a bit more edge to win ?
You team.

The secret in winning in this game is coordinating and positioning with you team, and picking the correct team comp.

As a consequence, a lot of things happening in a game of OW are out of your control.
Plus the game being fast paced doesn't allow you to properly communicate with your team others than using the mic.

I think most of the reason the playerbase is bad is because everyone is constantly frustrated of never being able to do more than their character allow, and they have to sustain the poor decisions of their teammates.

BECAUSE ITS A BAD GAME AND ONLY FUCKING RETARDS BUY AND PLAY IT. HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU

It's comparative. Few game communities are less enjoyable to be a part of than Overwatch.

R6 Siege
Quake
Rocket league is okay

Overwatch has been "dying" on the board since a month after its release.
Hate on the game but its only getting more popular.

I heard the alien ninja game is friendly.

Battle frame I think.

>Multiple ass-pained Sup Forumstards claiming in the daily threads that OW is dead
See you next time.

inclusivity

Everyone in Sup Forums claims to be diamond or above, and yet no one seems to realize how soldier can absolutely shit on enemy teams from silver up through plat if you out-skill everyone else by a decent margin.

People trying to take a tf2 clone seriously are the worst.

>Enemy D.va has DM up
>Moron zarya presses q
Oops.

The "diverse, yet sexy" cast of characters attracts both talentless waifu shitters and blue-haired fat girls.

This. It's not difficult to understand.

One of hte most sjw developers has the most toxic players, it's kind of funny.

They must really hate how popular they are among "nazis."

>Jeff: "Majority of players are Golds"
>watch a stream of Gold players
>LITERALLY can't hit anything
>ults thrown everywhere that do
>just looks like chickens with their heads cut
MEANWHILE
>barely try and get Diamond easy on PC (minimal playing)
>use to play on PS4
>getting to Diamond on PS4 was infinitely harder
I'm 100% certain Gold players on PS4 are better and more skilled than Gold players on PC, even with using a shittier input device. Higher than Diamond, PC players are better (due to mouse), though, but it doesn't excuse majority of console players being better than PC players (again, majority of OW players are Gold, PC Golds are literal retards, console Golds are more competent and can aim better with a shittier input device).

I'm assuming majority of PC players are casual-scum LoL and WoW players who have never touched a shooter in their life?

>I'm assuming majority of PC players are casual-scum LoL and WoW players who have never touched a shooter in their life?
Yes, the vast majority (99.99%) of Overwatch players are fucking retards who paid money for a shit game, that is correct.

>Console-only nerfs for Torb and Sym
>Has the audacity to say console players are better
LOL

>ITT: solo-queuers

Don't even bother with competitive unless you're in a 5 or 6 stack. Any game is 10x better with friends or teammates.

>play comp
>stuck in high gold
>our Reinhardt won't keep his fucking shield up, keeps battle tanking
>Mercy always dies first in team fights, can't rez
>"Why do I, the Reinhardt have gold elims when we have a Reaper and a soldier?"
MAYBE IF YOU KEPT YOUR SHIELD UP YOU WOULDN'T HAVE GOLD YOU FAGGOT
Will someone come carry me, please? I'll do anything

That idea of assign medals to individual stats was a incredible mistake.

He's probably right though if they in swinging distance then they can prob just walk behind the shield

>playing reaper
>being anywhere near a rein shield

nigga you're supposed to be running around sneaking up on tanks and unloading buckshot into their faces.

>super popular e-sports faggotry
>its all fake shit built around pattern memorization that ANYBODY could do given enough time
>the common retards flock to it like flies on shit

Same reason csgo, dota and lol are so fucking popular. Starshit is no different

>each faction has a specific order around it
>the winner is whoever executes that specific order faster

Its all fucking fake.

It wasn't like he was smacking if they got too close, he was going into fights and contesting payloads with his shield down. He immediately gets focus fired, then he's gone and the Mercy gets fucked.
I was the Soldier. I dunno what the fuck the Reaper was doing, but he ended up getting gold with like, 50 elims.

This game like every other super popular esports piece of shit is built around counters and memorizing which champ counters which other champ. The characters and overall gameplay is so simplistic that anybody could play a character to their full capability.

Its not about outsmarting your opponent or outplaying them, or reading what they are doing. The second you see a specific champ, you know exactly what they are capable of. All of this shit is fucking fake. Its kindergarten pattern memorization, not actual people outplaying each other.

I play to win and I'm still having fun so this 'i play for fun' being synonymous with 'i don't care' is bullshit.

>playing comp trying to dig myself out of gold
>buddy and I team up with some mexican guy
>next game some guy instalocks junkrat
>mexican guy asks if he minds to switch to tank/healer so he can dps
>"actually yeah i fucking do mind"
>literally garbage, mexican guy asks if he can at least switch to hitscan
>"FUCK YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"
>goes off the deep end
If you're in this thread I hope you know you're what's wrong with this game.

but what if the players are playing at preschool level user?