This is probably one of the most unbalanced, clusterfucky games I've ever played

This is probably one of the most unbalanced, clusterfucky games I've ever played.

Why do people enjoy this game?

I stopped playing after they added building on top of dinosaurs, are there undersea bases now? What a clusterfuck.

Hey don't talk about league that way.

Godzilla

The worst part is when server politics come in and you're in one of the biggest/most powerful tribes. A smaller tribe was causing trouble among newer tribes, but we couldn't help them directly. If we gave them shit, it'd just be destroyed. If we killed the tribe causing trouble, we seem like the big-bad who "rules" the server and people want to take down despite us taking down the previous big-bad tribe that actually fucked people over.

So we hired another tribe and provided them with weapons to take care of them and anyone else we needed

That's pretty interesting that the game allowed for that level of intrigue.

i play mostly singleplayer and after the new flying mount nerf i have had no interest in playing. they kill the fun parts of the game for unnoficial/pve/ssp trying to desperately balance pvp/control the meta. R I P

There was so much drama with all the politics, it left me hating the game. Which now it looks like it could be neat if I played on a private server where it didn't take 8 hours to tame a quetz. I have over 200 hours in this game and I guarantee that over half of that time is spent alt-tabbed because raising dinos is such a chore. I'd just end up doing homework and playing another game while occasionally coming in to feed the babies until they could eat for themselves (anywhere between 1-4 hours).

>When one tribe violates the NAP so you hire a bunch of McTribesman™ and give them recreational weapons to kill them

I found this hilarious for reasons specific to our tribe.

Here's a fun story, there was a public execution on the server between my tribe and the "big-bad" tribe. One of my tribemates accidentally killed one of their high level dinos while gathering food. At the time, our tribe wasn't as big and they threatened to destroy everything. Eventually the fiasco made its way onto the server channel and it basically became a public execution to atone for what they did.

I'm friends with the person in real life and she was pretty devastated about it since it was a tribe with a bunch of our friends and she still wanted to play the game on that server.

Was the tribe you hired named the infinite reich? My tribe used to take contracts in exchange for shitloads of metal and master blueprint weapons.

Politics is everything in ARK.

I don't play Arc, but I do want to say that balance is overrated.
Fun but unbalanced is better than balanced but unfun.

building shit
dinosaurs
pvp
keeping plebs down with your 10 man alpha squad
certainly got my money's worth

Awwww.... Did baby's base get wiped? Boohoo.

Yeah, things got really bad once they allowed the asian server clusters to have access to western ones.

Our entire server set aside thier differences and blocked and fortified all the beacons.

Which worked for a about a month and then studio wild-card saw it but instead og
> "huh, people sure look like theyre tired of getting wiped out daily by massive swarms of chinese and koreans, maybe we oughtta place limits on cross server raiding"

They went "what! Players dont like daily cross server raids from the chinese? Too fucking bad, were making drops un-blockabe. Get fukt western fanbase!"

Between massivley overpowered content from scorched earth and massive shitstorms of chinese raiders it made the game unplayable on public servers.

No, I don't remember what it was called, but the tribe we hired was purely out for revenge.

Ark is a game that requires a MASSIVE time investment and multiple friends, usually at least five or more, who play regularly.
Ark is not a casually friendly game, and not the kind of game you play by yourself.
Honestly, I'd say it's one of the better Twitch Streamer Bait games, but if you aren't prepared to invest a lot of time and effort into this game, it's simply not worth it.
I remember when I played it with my friends and we'd spent days (actual fucking days) taming one or two big dinosaurs and building up pens, and getting food and resources for it.

Despite enjoying it, I'd never recommend this game.

Honestly its actually got some decent balancing if you know how to use it right.

(Like using traps and stealth with teamwork to take down more powerful enemies)

OP is just butthurt that he cant just start on day 1 able to tank it out with guys whove invested hundreds of hours and network with tribes to achieve the higher tier stuff.

Ark is not a forgiving game, you gotta put a lot of thought towards how you do stuff and if you dont have a real tribe with real goals to work towards you just simply wont ever achieve high tier goals.

Example:
>were gonna build a 6 story tall steel fort with gun turrets
>4 people collect and process resources
>2 build structures
>designated architect places them
>other 3 or 4 members do periphery stuff like get food for dinosaurs or maintain things arpund the base
>takes about 3 or 4 days for a good team to do

Then single players, tiny low level tribes, or just tribes with really shitty teamwork are like "NO FAIR! THATS OVER POWERED! WHY DONT WE GET A GIANT METAL CASTLE WITH AUTO TURRETS! WAAAHHHH! NERF NERF NERF EVERYTHING!"

>Used to have huge problem with large Russian tribes wiping servers and killing everyone
>Russian tribes were hostile even to other Russian tribes
>Chinese start invading
>Suddenly Russians working together to farm defenses against Chinese

survival youtube kids dumb motherfuckers you're welcome

"And playing another game"
A non-intensive game right? RIGHT?!

DLC
L
C