Why is this so fucking boring?

Why is this so fucking boring?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials#Date_and_age_range_defining
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cause you're a mong that's a few years late

cus it has aged like shit

It gets alright when you hit your first planet.

Not your kind of game, I guess. Get a little past the prologue before giving it a distinct thumbs up or down though.

The game aged terribly
Honestly don't even bother, it had good ideas with Sovereign and whatnot but the entire game from the start tried so hard to be a hybrid of an RPG with a cover shooter, and failed so miserably that now in the far future it plays so fucking horribly that it's really only worth it for the story.
Like, only the story. Forget about sidequests and all that.
Matter of fact, just play ME2 instead.

Shit game
Shit fans
Shit developer

Because you don't find the idea of exploration to be fun.

Because you work as an alliance officer in citadel space. There are no fun places in these systems.

Yeah, it sure is riveting "exploring" a square mile of copypasted generic palette-swapped terrain interspersed with 300 trillion copies of the same abandoned escape pods and shacks.

Because you were probably 8 years old when it came out you underage piece of shit.

The game was released in a different time under a different context. What made the game good back then was the unique take on how a story can be engaging in a video game.

Today it's just completely overshadowed in every way.

>Sup Forums tries a game
>its literally 10 years old

How can I even attempt to reason with someone so new to games?

Because they didn't get Obisdian to unfuck it in the sequel.

all these fags saying shit like "it aged terribly". The game was shitty when it dropped all those years ago. Everyone knew the combat was weird and that the story was aight.

the people that liked it back then are the same ones that like it now. I'm one of them, the game was mad fucking comfy for me back then and i didnt mind the combat. I actually found it fun to play and the combat is sick when you get to super high levels, walk into a room and literally fuck everyone up like a god.

people need to understand this

Chirst, the deep feeling of horror that seeps into me as I think about 5 years ago and going " wow, this new generation of shitter kids with no taste in games are trully going to allow some cancer to surface" and here I am with an even newer generation of even worse ADD ridden shitter.

>games age

D A N K E S T
A
N
K
E
S
T
M E M E
E
M
E

It weren't fishing for COD audience back then.

>It
*They

I need more coffee.

Its a Dialogue heavy space opera.

If you don't like it, that's cool. I still think its story was the best of the series and will probably replay it sometime this year before the nuclear winter.

Don't do the mako misisons they don't really matter.

Rush main plot quests and the Conrad side quest. Max dialogue options above all else.

There was this thing called immersion when it was released. Not that I want to get all ridiculous about it, but if you're under the age of 24, you're probably like "AW GOD WHY ISN'T THIS GAME SUCKIN' MY DICK" about ten minutes in.

We were amazed by it in my generation. I grew up with shit like Giants: Kabuto and a bunch of other shit where you had to make an effort to even care.

Now it's just "eh hey, why is this not telling me I'm not the best thing ever right now? Where are all the characters with several dicks pleasuring me?"

Millenials are the worst. "HEY, HOW COME THIS ISN'T MY FAVORITE GAME RIGHT NOW?"

Dude, just fucking play it.

It's funny, the primary defense for biodrones with Andromeda now is to compare it to the first Mass Effect, like that helps their argument.

You're an idiot.

The biggest opposition to Andromeda are old Bioware fans. Who liked ME1.

>millennial

it doesn't mean what you think it does.
everyone here is a millennial even old old fags born in 1980

Wait my bad, I didn't see your statement well. Insulting one of the best games they ever made is not a counter-argument to their recent trash.

What does that have to do with what I said?

I said the Andromeda defense force uses arguments like "It's so much bigger than the first game," or "Mass Effect 1 had animation problems, too!" or "It's got so many more characters than the first game!!"

I don't even know what the fuck you're trying to say.

Not true at all. The baby boomers tried to lump people in with them too (born from Korean war parents? HURR BABY BOOMER). If you were born in the 80's you are NOT a millennial. We don't deserve your shit bath.

The cuck's got a point. How long have you even been playing vidya for OP?

>researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years

literally everyone here is a millennial my man, welcome to the club. your members only jacket is in the mail.

>researchers

Who? Name them.

>le new gamers don't like it
That's just false

I didn't like it back in the day, but I was willing to overlook its flaws for the sequels, which never resolved the story - only thing it was banking on.

ME2 is the only competent game in the series (inb4 but its story was bad, ignoring that no me had a good story)

>have a ptsd vision after a mission
>r u sure it's real
>ITS REAL IN MY MIND FUCK YOU
Yeah, first game had stellar writing... Get that head out of the ass. Plot was pretty terrible for the most part, "cinematic" shaky cam was cringy as fuck, lore is all about a horrible an-cap world presented as awesome classic sci-fi and all races except turians and humans are faggy matriarchies.
ME was a fucking trainwreck of a setting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials#Date_and_age_range_defining

happy reading

Again, according to who?

Only several liberal arts schools who think they can decide culture and civilization for everyone.

It doesn't make any sense. Fuck them, the horse they rode on in on, and their subjection of other people is completely ridiculous.

>this cultuuuuure, us at UC berk.....ehhhh we just made this shit up for everyone

I can do it too. Ehhhhh, no fuck you.

Cunt.

I don´t agree. I haven´t really gotten into ME before (only played an hour or so) but started again recently and now got to the research site on Noveria searching for Sarans ally.

I really enjoy the game for its world building, it seems believable with everyone having their own interests but still each race trying to work together.

The only thing I hate is the Journal. Tracking quests is a nightmare for me in ME1, the menu for it is seriously lacking and I hope this was improved with ME2

Underage

The reality is that we all have our biases with companies and gaming fads when they happen. When vidya companies try to pull off new things, we have no reference as to whether they did well until others follow and genre conventions are redefined.

There are old gameplay styles that aged like wine. Arena fps, for example.
There are gameplay designs that aged like milk. Trial and error adventure game puzzles, for instance.
ME1 falls into the second category. Its fps elements don't hold up, but then again, neither do Morrowind's. The problem is that it railroads you through a badly written story for far too long at the begining and exploration - when finally allowed - is utter shit. Those copy pasted bases are groan inducing every single time and mako - while a concept we all like - is so badly implemented. UI is terrible and dialogue... the dialogue in ME1 is horribly written.
If at least some of these issues were fixed, maybe there'd be a possibility of overlooking the combat, but as it stands, nothing makes the game worth it. Unless you like its world, which makes you a fag. ME is a bad setting.

it gets fun after you visit your first plot planet.

it has age pretty badly. i forgot how shit the eleveters were. the combat is slagush at first but you become god after just a few hours in.

Kotor 2 didn't unfuck anything though.

don't worry about all these fucking fags posting, it really is a boring fucking game about walking around

This is why I love Sup Forums thanks for laugh

the planet designs were pretty good though, or at least they were trying to get at something good. the planet that had a meteor shower going on the whole time you were there, the planet that was bathed in red light from it's huge sun, etc. there were good ideas there, and the potential for good visuals. it just didn't pan out. and then they stopped trying altogether after the first game and opted instead for generic urban scifi settings

It's stylistically designed to be that way

You're into bro shooters;try ME3 or Andromeda.

>Obsidian develops ME2
>half of game is philosophical discussion on if the Reapers are evil or not
>The other half of the game is cut because they had to meet their deadline

me3 is better than me2

ME is a good example of a game that doesn't really do anything particularly great but it does so much that the ride is still worth it.

Not OP but how does that even matter?

because it was before bioware (EA) wanted the call of duty audience

let me guess, you're a COD kiddie and your favorite ME is ME2

It's like I'm really in youtube comments.

>Tracking quests
When it comes to side quests, it just gets worse. I had to keep a separate log tracking available uncompleted quests to make sure I didnt miss shit.

Shepard could be made into an amazing shit-eating-grin psycho bro, and most of the side characters in the first two games were great.

Ryder is a nothing and everyone else is more of a nothing but people pretend like it's better because the combat is the same as 3 but with a shittier version of Vanquish tacked on and apparently everyone hated the combat in the first two games.

Its the truth.

Nowadays, people need to have explosions and flashing shit on their screens every 5 seconds in order to stay interested.

Millennials are real bad about it, the majority of them have severe levels of ADHD and are hopped up on mtn dew so sitting through a bit of dialog is literally painful.

Because it's a really shitty 3rd person shooter pretending to be an RPG.

Can't process too much information at once either. Hotkeying both party members skills and going apeshit in 3 was what made it fun. That's gone now.

This is my favorite type of a meme post.

>this game is bad
>a whole thread of reason why it's bad
>poster out of nowhere rants about CoDkiddies who hate it for no reason
Really activated my almonds

Yestarday i completed "clean geth on 4 planets" quest. It was long and boring as hell. May be because I can't just leave planet without gathering everything on its surface.

Renegade shepard in ME1 was fucking crazy
>casually opens a prison cell and shoots the prisoners inside like it's Poland 1944

That's not crazy. That's space justice.

Because it actually is, exploring empty wastelands that have one or two generic bases filled with some generic enemies to shoot is boring and it only got worse from there. Mass effect was never really good.

Why is Andromeda such trash?

>Every "leader" is strönk independent wömän :D:D
>EVERYONE is a nigger
>pink tumblr hair EVERYWHERE
>fags
>trannies
>Ryder is a manlet with a big head
>Ryder is a complete cuckold
>Everybody is constantly making corny cringe jokes
>Ryder literally cannot be a badass its IMPOSSIBLE nothing you say ever comes out "renegade"
>buggy
>shit animations
>combat with only fucking 3 skills usable and have to change "profiles" to use other skills absolutely retarded
>writing is god awfull cant take anything seriously

I miss renegade shepard man- Fuck this trash game I dont even feel like finishing it

Forgot about the HORRIBLE cover system.

A Spectre is like Judge Dredd and can do what he wants

Not OP but maybe that was my problem.
I picked the game up a few weeks back when the entire trilogy was on-sale for $5 and I played the first mission or so and dropped it so fast... It was so clunky compared to the others.

I have just replayed the game. My main problem, which I didn't see before was the pacing and character interaction.

After every side quest, new character dialogues will open with the crewmates. If you are talking to them constantly, they will say their endgame dialogue, while storywise you only saved Liara.

>talking with Tali
>just saved Liara
>"Shepard this is the end, we nearly got Saren"
>didn't even visit the other 3 main planets

Completly broke the immersion for me.

YOU ARE NOT SAREN

beacause its a BIG STUPID Good, you opened..

THIS STATION IS MINE

Cause you're a fucking faggot holy shit, quit playing videogames and start doing heroine, you dont deserve the air you breath

What the fuck? I don't remember that happening at all, though I've only played the 360 version. I do remember crew mates having unique dialogue pertaining to the main quest you'd just completed though, like talking about what happened on Feros, Virmire, etc. Is that a glitch or something?

Also, with the profile system like it is, does that mean that both Sara and Scott are casual biotics? I remember that being a biotic was a pretty big deal in the original trilogy lore-wise, being an L2 was even worse like Kaidan.

And what's up with the friendly Krogans sounding so weak? I laughed my ass off at the one with lisp and hilarious 'fight' scene.

You still cant argue that the initial two hours of ME1 aren't absolute dog shit.

replaying with max intimidate can skip first part of the boss byconvincing him he is an indoctinated little bitch whos bird dick shrivelled up at the first sign of the reapers power and he fucking kills himself

NG+ was worth it just to go through the whole game with max intimidate and whatever the other one was called. Making the entire galaxy piss their pants in fear, goddamn Shep.

Because it's like 70% filler.

Everything with the Mako is fucking terrible. Not the Mako itself, it's fine, just all the content around the Mako. You drive around empty, bland, Steam Greenlight Unity stock asset tier maps looking for the maybe 3 things of interest on each map.

And that's 70% of the fucking game. I enjoyed it, I liked it, but it's a hard sell of a game and I'm not gonna pretend that those side-missions and maps aren't garbage.

Are you me? I just started the game last night and gave up during the prologue.
I want to give it another shot today but it was a bit jarring to me.
>No jump button
>Can't run unless engaged in combat
>Aiming felt awkward and I got lucky if I landed a shot with my sniper
But I will say that I like the character interaction so far which is why I want to go back to it.

There's that one mission with the glitch on, Feros? The corporate planet, and you just max out your Renegade/Paragon score there.

you can do that also with charm.

First few hours of the first game is boring as fuck. Takes a while to pick up but you begin to really get into it. I took a week break after my first few hours. Came back and powered through until the game let me do whatever.
They were trying to teach us about the story and getting us into the universe is all.

Yeah thats Noveria. Talk to Lorik Quin after you get evidence from synthetic insights, convince him to testify using reneage or paragon choice then you can talk to him again ask him a qestion then it gives you the option to go back and use the paragon or renegade dialog again 25 points each time

>why is this so fucking boring

heh, just making the juicy shitposts on the Sup Forums bro! I understands your anger I thinks

That's the one, they never fixed it. It's been on digital stores for like a decade and they never fuckin fixed it.

Which is good, because otherwise I'm fairly convinced it's impossible to get decent Paragon/Renegade score without ONLY doing Paragon/Renegade, no neutral or adverse responses, and that's boring.

Honestly just go soldier so you can use the assult rifle and get the combat overwith, snipers are only really usable from level 30+. Once you get 250 kills or something with it and complete the game once you can use assault rifles for any class on new games.

>first part of the boss
I thought it was always scripted to have him shoot himself.
Props to them for having that in variety in the game.

I did like all the neat weird things you could find on planets, like the giant orb that gave you visions of ancient humans being anal probed and the shifty cow that would steal your credits.

Fuck I've always read about this but never have done it.

What do I need to do it on a first play through?

Also why the fuck does everyone say ME1 aged badly.. All 4 games are practically the same fucking game..

>why the fuck does everyone say ME1 aged badly

Because they are cynical idiots. If you game is bad 5+ years after you first played it, it was most likely not a good game to begin with. Mass Effect is still better than most games in the market.

>All 4 games are practically the same fucking game
What?

Yeah they were neat, but hidden. Not on the map. And combing those maps is... not fun.

I made like "Strafing" runs to cover the most distance, and left it at that.

>What do I need to do it on a first play through?
I believe you either have a decent amount of charm or intimidate.
I believe you can put 12 points in total into Intimidate as the game progresses and 4 of those are granted from Renegade actions so you only need to put 8 points into it.

>Also why the fuck does everyone say ME1 aged badly.
It aged badly in the sense that what made the game good then isn't captivating enough now to make people interested in playing it.

I recently finished ME1 for the first time and not only was the gunplay bad but the combat in general was just very poorly thought out.
I still played mainly for the story and enjoyed it a lot.
However when you start ME2 you realise how much better the gunplay feels which in hindsight made me realise that ME1 was even clunkier than I thought it was.

Cause it's a real rpg.

It's not, if you understand the music, story, and how a team moves forward as a 3-person unit. It's honestly the perfect game on that basis. Sorry if you didn't get it.

i liked that. it shows character. unlike the brick in the new game.

People pretend ME1 has good writing, when the characters are all one dimensional as fuck with generic backgrounds and the whole story is some B-grade fantasy-in-space shit.

>get to feros
>get a choice of saving the caloony or destroy
>purge every citzen i see
>kill the green asari for good massarge

got like 40 renegade Points for it

Tell me,in any way how it;s bad.

Every criticism you have, tell my why. I won't tell you that you're wrong. I want you to prove to me that you're right. What did it do wrong?

>tell saren to kill himself
>he actually did it! absolute madman!

i miss moments like these. makes the game Worth playing.

this