Dishonored 2 Demo out now

Anyone downloadan the Dishonored 2 demo? It's the first three missions. I doubt I'll be able to run it very well even though I can max out the first game, the port is a mess.

Other urls found in this thread:

bethesda.net/community/category/39/pc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you dont need to max it out. there is barely, and i mean BARELY any differences between high and ultras on most settings.

t. took like 300 screenshots to compare

Lay em on me. The game looks sorta ugly from what I've seen.

Does 2 at least give you more sneaky/non lethal powers that 1? I'm playing through 1 for the first time with low chaos because being a "stealth" game I figured that's how they wanted me to play and theirs almost nothing power wise to help you. I mean slow time helps and possession can create distractions but I was hoping for some more creative stuff for a game that literally gives you magic.

> first 3 missions

That seems a lot for a demo, if missions are the same as Dishonoured 1 there was only 9 in the whole game.

>arkane spent more time on a demo than they did fixing the shit performance
wew

surely they've cleaned it up if they're willing to put out a demo, no?

doubtful. you can look at the patch notes, I guess. I redownloaded it a few months ago and nothing had changed. It's on sale, at least on psn, so it's probably a desperate attempt at grabbing a few extra sales

Emily has Mesmerize and Domino with are both really good for stealth.

NG+ lets you mix both character's abilities which leads to crazy shit

why are they releasing a demo for a game that came out last year?

Why are they putting out a demo months after the game came out?
It flopped and they are desperate to get people interested again.
Also
>implying Arkane had anything to do with this

>Does 2 at least give you more sneaky/non lethal powers that 1?

yes. emily is full retard ez mode in stealth. domino lets you "tag" up to 4 npcs and you can strangle/dart one and it knocks out the whole group. also there's the power where you turn into a shadow monster and can literally sneak past shit in bright places as well as use takedowns while you're doing it. mesmerize is a distraction power. with upgraded far reach you can grab shit like keys and runes from across a room without being seen.

About the performance issues, I played it with almost all on ultra with a 680 and it ran well, ~50fps with drops only in exteriors when looking at the ocean.
They were fixed within the first two or three weeks .

I guess because they see a lot of people are still making wrong claims about the game and still think that it's unplayable or that it must be bad since people don't talk about it that much except for those issues.

>works good on my machine
you were obviously one of the lucky ones. I have a 960 and can barely play on medium without constant drops.

>implying Arkane had anything to do with this

Well they decided to make their own engine instead of just using UE again, so yeah the performance mess is their fault.

>It's the first three missions.
that's pretty generous

>muh meme fps drops

>D2 on UE4
God I wish.

i played it on a 970 and the only drops i got was they very start of the game during the cutscene and very certain places like the midway of the dust district and certain places in town during edge of the world. rest of that game was constant 55-60. i played on high though because like other user said above i couldn't tell the difference between high and ultra and sat there toggling back and forth for an hour trying to spot the difference.

Im hoping all these demos and sales are leading up to some DLC, it would make sense, since they want as much people aware of the game when they announce DLC.

fuck off cunt

What the fuck happened to the Outsider's voice actor? Who hired this new fuck? And I almost bought it. Waiting for the GOTY with any DLC shit

ANTON SOKOLOV MADE THIS LOCK

Daud > Corvo (mute) > gap the size of the Pandyssian Continent > Corvo "My voice barely has any inflections" Attano > Emily "I'm having my first period and the cramps are getting to me" Kaldwin

Even if the game runs at a high FPS, it has a permanent issue with microstuttering that makes it feel like 10fps

No screenshots myself cuz I'm at work, but not really ugly. There's a unique style to it for sure, and screenshots don't really do it justice either, there's a lot of stull that appears better in movement, lots of subtle heat distortion effects near ovens, flies around lamp posts throwing shadows, and in general a whole fucking lot of interesting lighting, and a heavy contrast.

Textures always look muddied up, even though they're actually high resolution, it's just part of the style, but lighting really nails it.

I played an hour of the demo. It's, well, I don't know. It sure is a sequel to Dishonored. It's just so similar. Maybe it's because I have so much playtime in Dishonored, but it's doing nothing for me. I can't really say what's bad about it other than it's so dang samey. The writing was pretty god damn amateurish from what I saw, it's on par with those generic Sci-Fi original series shows. The graphical performance is really bad. The combat felt just as boring as before. I guess otherwise it's what I asked for way back when I finished Dishonored... but today it's not what I wanted. It reminds me of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time in a heinous sort of way.

Game lost my interest when they made Corvo playable as well as Emily

so does the demo also have denuvo?

according to steamdb, there are more people playing the full game than the demo

Same. Something really feels off about the controls too and it's sickening the way the fov changes every time you run or draw your sword. If there's an option to change that, I haven't found it.q

I don't support games that are full of sjw/feminist crap

So no I didn't get the demo

Is this game CPU heavy? I have a 8GB RX480 running at 1310MHz and a FX-6300, what kind of framerates should I expect?

See for yourself.
bethesda.net/community/category/39/pc

>make their own engine instead of just using UE again
Wasn't the engine Dishonored 2 runs on a modified version of the ID tech engine

can I play with just blink and batvision that's how I played the first game

>release game with Cancernuvo
>it's also a hot, melting mess technically and runs like shit even on $1500 gaming rigs
Absolutely fucking dead in the water after a week. No one talks about it. Everyone has forgotten it even came out.
>6 months later release a demo
>???

The logic of current day publishers is insane. Where did it all go so wrong? What happend to this industry?

this
if they wanted me to buy it maybe they shouldn´t have made their marketing all about
"look at how many strong wyman , niggers and trannies we have. We are sooo progressive. And don´t worry. We have almost now white male characters. And we went out of the way to show how evil and pathetic those few white men that we have are compared to our strong, feminist woman. #killallwhitemen"

it was bethesda that forced them to use their shitty IDtech5 so they didnt have to pay royalties for external engines

there's enough runes where by new game+ you can pick pretty much have every major power and you can pick from both emily and corvo's power pool.

having emily as a main character i thought didn't seem like shoehorned sjw shit because she was already established in the first one
however, having played the game twice, it is obvious that the cancer did creep in after almost every powerful non-playable character you encounter in the game s a woman

this is the most hilariously obvious shill post I've seen in a while, you even put that little "downloadan" shit for a fail attempt at authenticity

plus they removed the "un-pc" world building aspects from the first one. as in slavery and prostitution

fuck off shill
no wonder wants your sjw game

The problem I'm having is how this game seems to be infected with the Bethesda "stealth mode" infection. When you "activate stealth mode" -you are completely silent even when dropping from elevated platforms. But when you're slowly walking upright, your footsteps can be heard through solid concrete. It feels really stupid checking a desk or a bookshelf, then having to crouch to walk to the other side of the room and then get back up to check something else, just in case someone downstairs hears you creeping around through the floor.

The first game was the same way. And of course, crouch-walking is still fast enough that you're hardly more vulnerable while sneaking.

and just like the first game you can buy upgrades that eliminate noise while walking and running. with 2 you can also stack bonecharm effects like undertaker and swift shadow/stalker so you can crouch walk around the levels at ludicrous speed its pretty hilarious.

Holy shit you cunts are Whitney underage faggots

Pick corvo and you won't see Emily throughout the whole game

Fucking hell, go back to Sup Forums, you realise there were blacks in the original game too

Because it underperformed sales wise.

and I will still be forced to play a game where most of the characters are "strong wyman" and where all the male characters are either weak or evil

>demo is 21 GBs
yea I'll pass.

Hang on, if the demo is just 3 missions and is that big, how fucking big is the actual game?

No you're not, there's only 1 main female character besides the witch antagonist who just stays on the ship and helps you plan

>demo
>23gb
Nah thanks im good

The problem is a stealth system based on a paremeter or two, not simulation. It makes no sense that a certain walking speed is totally silent when crouched, but extremely audible when walking upright. And if one makes the argument that "when he's standing up, he's not trying to sneak" -well why not? If he's trespassing, why should he not be trying to sneak? Thief: Deadly Shadows differentiates between walking in a public area and walking in a restricted area.

I'm pretty sure all of the muh sjws posters are suffering from confirmation bias. I'm seeing plenty of poor peasants barely scraping by and gender has nothing to do with it.

I don't know if this is true, correct me if I'm wrong but I think they let you download the whole game and just lock you out of everything except these 3 missions. So when you decide to actually buy the game, you won't have to download it all over again.

37 GBs

DUDE

This desu.
Well, on the positive side, we are at least seeing demos again (Nier Automata, Mass Effect Andromeda, now Dishonored 2).

>Emily is empress
>Smokes weed
>Doesn't legalize weed

No wonder she had so many detractors

so is the game good? I liked dishonored 1 but I think I need to upgrade my graphics card from the gtx 660 to run this one, and there's a sale right now so I don't think I can try the demo if I want to take advantage of the sale.

quick rundown on those guys?

Hold on, can I get a quick rundown on these two gentlemen?

Scheduling conflict.

I bought game some days ago, its great sequel, though havent touched it aince got Persona 5

is it on consoles as well?

WE ARE NUMBER ONE! HEY!

Nope. Arkane never contacted him.

Isn't there some kind of rule/law/contract stuff for voice actors, where for recurring roles, i.e. sequels, you have to pay them more than you did before? Given that this is Bethesda/Zenimax-run Arkane we're talking about, it wouldn't surprise me if they just didn't contact the guy because they didn't want to pay him more.

The only way it would make sense if you could not play as Corvo because the outsider is basically some deep sea evil leviathan creature that appears to people in some familiar form. If you could only play as Emily, he could look different and sound different.

>playing more sjw and leftwing proganda

fuck no

>demo for half year old game

Guess somebody was really bored over there.

Nice

Nah they shoved a ton of money into it and it's been a massive flop, they are trying to rake some money back.

My guess is that the negative press due to rushed release leading to a buggy game stifled initial sales and they finally figured out that maybe people want to buy games they like playing and the way to get them to play is a demo. Like in the 90's and shit.

>insane microstuttering
>game crashed twice
>just feels like a rehash of the first

at least squads got a free weekend I can try

Yeah it was. But not the new version that Doom runs flawlessly on. It runs on a modified version of the previous engine; one that was way worse.

I honestly have no fucking idea what Bethesda were thinking when they didn't just hand Arkane the new engine.