Squad

Squad is free this weekend, why aren't you driving the hajis out of Al-Basrah right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/0Xc4Gfg3ZvJlVDy2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are the overall objectices?

playing the free trial, and i'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing most of the time other than "just follow your squad lol"

Barely anyone is talking in any of my squads so I think i'm just being put in bad squads

toaster
if there is an option to completely remove shaders i might

Because Project Reality exists.

it went to shit after f2p

>posts a webm from a movie to not show his shit mod graphics
kek

all squads a shit during a free weekened, when 5 out of 6 players are new don't expect much

>get in game first time
>dont change sound settings
>fire gun once

Thanks, now I have tinnitus

That's a nice explosion

Can you get injured from the back blast?

you would have been killed if that were the case

ooh is it good

Shit game
It's so hard to spot shite in the distance
Doesn't help that trees & bushes look like ass

playing it tonight my man

this

reason why I only play close quarter maps

shadows can be completely removed.
also it is the most optimized unreal 4 game i've seen.

he isnt even close to the backblast. you're insane.

PUT ON YOUR EAR PRO.

did they finally fucking optimize it now? If it plays well i might actually buy it and get a microphone, first game purchase in a while

Yes you can

Last time I played it the game kept freezing every few seconds for a little bit, then i found out it was because it took all my RAM while I played. If it wasn't for that I would've bought it

>spawn
>ok not sure what I should do but I should probably stay with my squad leader, makes sense
>get killed
>can't tell where because I can't see shit
>respawn
>go a different route to try to get to my squad leader
>get shot at
>dive
>where the fuck are these people
>killed
>respawn
>sit at base until a large number of people spawn in
>follow them
>get killed by invisible people I can't fucking see anywhere

fun game

that's battlefield 2?

i remember it looking...way better.

change your squad or team or go play battlefield1

i feel like games like this and arma are the worst kind of pixel hunt.

>Play a military sim
>walk around a war zone like a retard
>get shot

WOOOOOOW

>git gud: the post

next time ask your squadleader for a rallypoint to spawn on

So I guess the objective of the game is to sit completely still for 30 minutes looking for a tiny moving pixel and shoot at it

>exact same fps regardless of graphics settings

Why is UE such garbage?

>bought this game a year ago
>game during free weekend sucks, oh well its a bunch of new people i guess
>game is dead outside of free weekends

Don't buy this game there's like 2 servers with people outside of free weekends.

only in the US

Fucking hell, since when did Squad start actually looking like PR on Unreal 4?

Seems like a cpu bottleneck.

Because games like this need voip communication and i'm too shy

at work atm and wont be playing until afternoon uk time but join here if you're new and/or squadless, we'll show you the ropes if you're feeling a bit lost:
discord.gg/0Xc4Gfg3ZvJlVDy2

we got enough for a full squad usually but the dream is to have 2 squads worth for more tactical possibilities

I met two guys once who acted like bubba and forest gump, my sides

Is an i5 6500 not good enough to run this game properly? Honest question

Yeah intel cpus have no problems with this game

FUCKING FINALLY, ITS BACK.

Please tell me its 50% off.

YESSS FUCK YES.

Ok so what are the chances it goes lower or on sale again during the summer sale? I already spent $30 on Battlegrounds this month and I don't know if I can spare another $20 on vidya.

>Completely remove shaders
>Now nothing can be drawn
>Game is just a blank screen

runs like absolute shit and still hasnt been fixed
no, i am not going to buy an intel cpu for one game.

well i found out about amd issues
so i wont be downloading this. i think my 5770 is getting ancient

>devs cant google rpg firing
>just add a big fireball to the back, im sure thats a ccurate

I'm not downloading 20gb of shit to play for 2days

Is this game more hardcore than battlefield but more casul than arma or where we at?

You only get to bitch if the game is nearing 30-40 GB, get downloading, faggot.

It's kind of arma but at a much smaller scale

It's more hardcores than Red Orchestra/Insurgency, less than ARMA.

>20GB

I downloaded the free weekend and it was only 8.5GB

a-am I missing something?

Free edition is infantry and semi automatic rifles only.
Enjoy fighting premium users in tanks and with full auto rifles.

better than arma. especially king of the hill. when it gets going its fun, but sometimes shit just spirals infinitely downward and theres no climbing back up

Looks sweet user. Is that your gameplay?

Insurgency is better

Because being a grad student is suffering.

Game is alive and well on the EU servers even outside of the free weekend.

yeah, with shadowplay I can just press alt f10 any time something cool happens and save the last 10 mins of gameplay and make a webm out of it

I went to download it today gave me 20gb+

Fuck off americunt it's gonna take a day to download it

Completely different gameplay, incomparable.

I stopped playing Squad because 90 percent of the time the squad leader has you running around in the middle of nowhere or not being strict with squad roles.

not its much more repetitive

Nice man, apart from all the promo. Hows the playerbase (size/atmoshere), learning curve? I have some trouble running bf 1, can I run this?

it won't go lower, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they did that

How does this compare to Insurgency?

You can, but at that range you need to be pretty much straight behind for it to actually damage you, he was way too off to the side for that.

you can run it fine, the community is pretty tight but as long as you follow your orders from your squad leader and listen to people you'll pick it up fine

playerbase is pretty evenly divided between EU and US servers, all US servers are full almost every night and seems like it's stable and/or growing

the worst part of the learning curve is for squad leading, you have to have an understanding on tactics and a good grasp on when to push or retreat or hold your ground

Because nobody but retards and steam niggers play Squad and it doesn't have a quarter of PRs content. I'm also pretty tired of PRs nazi admins and rude 4th world poorfag player base.
It's almost as if multi-player games are all shit because people are awful.

Maybe one of those games with markers and xray vision are more suited to you. What do you want, exactly? Indicators showing where you're being shot from?

desu if you struggle with bf1 you might have a similar experience with squad. squad has less on screen fidelity than bf1 which is one of the best looking games right now but it has a much larger scale and a forced unlimited view distance. if you have a 970 and i5 2500k or better you should be more than fine.
learning curve if you go in on your own might be a bit steep but most squad leaders are happy to show new players the ropes which lowers the learning curve to about 2 rounds.
the game before free weekend had a consistent 2000+ players and I've never had a problem finding a match at any time of day although off peak hours sometimes I'll only have the choice between 4-5 servers, the playerbase is steady and slowly increasing with every sale and update, the game has really started to come together over the last quarter.

HOW MUCH DO I NEED A MICROPHONE TO PLAY THIS GAME???
I have no problem being tacticool and listening to things i am told i just don't want to talk to people

please respond!

Where do you live? I downloaded it in an hour or so.

>Posts facebookfrog
>Thinks he has the right to criticize others

don't

people don't really chat on the mic or anything, they use it to call our directions and compass numbers and stuff, you'll use your mic maybe 5-10 times during a match if you're doing it right UNLESS you're squad leading then you should just stop right there and not ruin shit for other people

But I am user.
But I am a bit confused, I have everything on max and supersampling on 2.0x.
It uses my GPU to 80% and my CPU to 60%.
If I turn everything to low...
It uses my GPU to like 10-20% and my CPU still at 60%.
In both fucking cases I only get 40 FPS.

you don't need to have conversations, but you do need a mic just so you can relay important information like "i see a few guys direct east of us", this way you're not impeding the team and can just listen and follow orders 98% of the time

>supersampling on 2.0x.
>I only get 40 FPS.

No fucking shit.

>play for over an hour
>dont get any kills
>driving into village with squadmates
>get out right before an rpg hits the vehicle
>run into building
>there are enemies
>shoot at one, he ducks behind cover
>move around to flank him
>teammate runs THROUGH me from behind just as I open fire
>massacre them both
>cant find chat button to apologize
>disconnect
>exit steam

Good game gents

you need a mic to be SL, otherwise the chat works well if the SL does read it

>set everything to minimum
>nothing changes
no fucking shit?..

Because its a free weekend and I don't need to hear kids screaming.

What cpu?

J-K-L
(team-squad-all)

>mfw I get around 20-30 kills a game and have been getting 30-40 cause of free weekend

:^)

Do you know what supersampling is you nigger?

I get 40 fps whether it's on Epic or Low with a 1060 and an i5 6500. My CPU sits at 63% the whole time, no supersampling. When I'm in the fire range I get 90 fps or a constant 60 with v-sync on

I enjoyed the last free weekend. The other squads were full and I ended up having to make one. I didn't read up on the game or anything. I had no idea what the controls were or what you were supposed to be doing. Luckily, no one else on my squad did either. Eventually, I started figuring things out. Our squad and I communicated heavily while joking around and we stuck together. I kept getting commands and requests from other SLs which I respond to with a clear "Uhhh, yeah. I'll get right on that."

We actually won 3 games in a row somehow with me being SL. I don't know what we did, but one of those things wasn't losing. It's not too hard being SL. Just gotta have a sense of humor and put your rally points down. Also don't fuck things up by putting an FOB down in an awkward spot. Besides obvious griefing, FOB placement is probably the only thing that really gets people sperging out. It's not like in PR where you get banned from every server if you don't know how to fly a helicopter perfectly.

so what is it?
put it on max, 40 fps, turn it off, 40 fps
what are you trying to say, that it impacts performance or doesnt?
make up your mind

It doesn't, in no aspect at all.

Did u kill the two guys behind?

don't buy shitty amd cpus

Nah, they're my regular squad and when I say clear for backblast they know what to do.

>Doesn't know what SS is
>Also doesn't know about Squad's performance

Squad's biggest performance drain is the frame rate being tied to server performance, which scales significantly with the number of players currently playing. Everybody still gets different frame rates depending on their rig but everyone loses up to half their potential from it. This is getting optimised in the next update.

And super sampling is literally just increasing your resolution by a %, if you have a 1080p display just go with TSAA

I use a Intel i5-2500 you fuckwit. And there's another guy that uses a 6500 right above you.

Both AA variants made everything a blurry mess without supersampling.

everytime

im not buying a cpu for one game.