Why does Sup Forums pretend Xenoblade series is good?

Why does Sup Forums pretend Xenoblade series is good?

It's literally on par with tales trash but less interesting battle system, yet this fucking board acts as if it's a defining JRPG series, fucking why?

They're both shit.

Because everyone loved Chronicles and found it exciting while Tales is the guilty pleasure generic anime, it's easy to see how Xenoblade stands out more.

Chronicles was literally generic shounenshit like a standard tales game yet people pretend it was any different

XV-kun take your meds.

It's almost like there can be varying degrees of quality, even among shounen. Crazy concept.

Too bad this wasn't that kind though

chronicles combat is far better than tales, chronicles encourages different styles of play for each character and each character has different styles themselves. Tales is broken down into the cookie cutter combo character vs the stay back and magic character.

This isn't even going into how much better xenoblade's story is than tales games or the superior world design, exploration, music, and pacing

Tales has better side quests though I'll give it that

shounen isn't an insult is a category

>generic

I don't recall shounen basing their lore and world upon gnostism

Because it's better than your favorite RPG.

Also Danganronpa is just Persona by way of Ace Attorney, with none of the charm of either.

>Xenoblade is shit
>Danganronpa is good

loving
every
laugh

I have no idea OP, I utterly despised Chronicles for everything except its presentation. Gameplay and story were both total generic, grindhappy trash

I didn't care much for Xenosaga or Xenogears either. I don't think the staff behind these games are capable of making anything that's any good

>grinding in xenoblade
>ever

the only time you should ever be grinding in xenoblade is xenoblade X's post game. This sounds like a case of gitgud

Nigger, if you actually want to finish all of those 50 gorillion sidequests, you are forced to grind for random drops. No two ways about it.

The only Xeno game I've played way Xenoblade Chronicles X and it really wasn't all that great. I appreciate their ambition but the shitty combat/boring character/mediocre story really didn't help.

why the fuck would you do all the side quests in XC? Only the ones with quest lines/monado arts/character traits are worth it. You wouldn't do all the bullshit kill X monsters or collect X quests in other RPGs (although they are auto complete in XC so you may as well queue them up)

Then don't do that. Why would you do that? You can play the game in a way that you won't hate it, why did you choose to play it in a way that you would hate it?

Not him but
>playing chronicles
>skipped the side quests because they're shit
>metalface has 3 more levels than my party, he's unkillable

Dropped.

Because when I play a game, by god, I will experience all the content. If they took time to program it, I'll take the time to do it, since I try to judge games as a whole

Regardless, this is hardly my only complaint with the game.

You shouldn't blame the game for your personal autism.

I don't necessarily do so, but it seems that even you agree with me that those parts were atrocious.

wow dude that spoils the end to danganronpa 2

not him but there were great side quests (see), it's your fault for going out for the other ones

learn to manage your party gauge and topple

No I don't because I didn't do them so I can't say. But some people like that kind or grinding I'm sure. Mindless and repetitive. After all people play real mmorpgs. But I know what I want from the game and I play it in the way I'll enjoy.

That sounds like a serious case of you need to get good.

The Xenoblade series is still in its infancy but every game in the series (even the 3DS remake) has surprised me in some way.

I'm cautiously optimistic about XB2, but I'm not digging the character models at all.

I see this a lot here about the character models. Idk im pretty into the art style overall for 2.

my problem isn't the art-style rather the protag being so young