Reminder that Bethesda thinks this is good car design

Reminder that Bethesda thinks this is good car design.

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Front_right_of_Futurliner_number_3.JPG/1280px-Front_right_of_Futurliner_number_3.JPG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You do realise it's in a different timeline with different advancements in technology.. right user?

You can post almost anything FO3 or 4 as examples of how Bethesda doesn't have the slightest fucking clue what they're doing when it comes to modeling.

This is hardly a new thing.

So like, people are 2d in that timeline so they can fit in the cockpit?

You must be American.

That was a cleverly veiled fat joke, bud.

Slav, actually. Anything else you want to be wrong about?

Nah, that dash is still a damn deathtrap. Its 2077 and the saftey standards are still that bad?

I've always hated 50s auto aesthetic.

Fallout 4 is the worst Fallout game.

Bethesda has not made one good game. They're known for Fallout but they didn't even make fucking New Vegas. What utter failures they are.

I still think 3 was worse by a slim margin

Vehicles in real Fallout looked much cooler

They look ridiculous as well, tiny windshields.

damn that's a weird design.

So you basically have to stand while driving

Woah, they almost look like actual 1950s cars.
Seriously, how could bethesda fuck it up so bad? It can't be by mistake because even they can't fuck up a model that bad, so it must have been intentional, but why?

I like the idea of referring to Bethesda's Fallouts as fake Fallout

wow, that is almost as bad. thanks for reminding me games in the 90s didn't rely on artists with at least some experience.

looks like a one seat version of a ford f100, right?

there are tons of actual 50s future concept car designs in the game, even the grotesque ones, like the actually nuclear powered ford nucleon, the buik centurion 2, the lincoln futura. and talking about safety standards someone mentioned..all these car designs came from a time where almost no car had safety belts for crying out lout. just in 1959 lawmakers had to step in and order all car manufacturers to include those into their cars, since so many people died from impacting on their cars steering columns . these concept designs were not made with safety in mind. they aimed to be outrageous, and gimmicky for the sake of being innovative and progressive. one of the best examples is the general motors future liner (pic related). something that looks like it just jumped out of fallout 4, with its center positioned driver, its doors positioned on the front of the vehicle.
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Front_right_of_Futurliner_number_3.JPG/1280px-Front_right_of_Futurliner_number_3.JPG

Look here cunt, the only way we'll take your opinion seriously is if you put a lada in S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2.

there is no fake and real fallout, they are equally fake

lets turn this into a "post ridiculous 50s car concepts which appear in some alternate form in fallout, deathtrap or not"

i start with the Ford FX-Atmos
a deathtrap

FUCK YOU OP IT JUST WORKS ALRIGHT

GM´s gas turbine powered firebird II,
deathtrap

Bethesda homed in on the idea of 1. Turning Fallout into a blockbuster film and 2. Focusing on the 1950's shit more than anything else.

suicide squad

We've made worse out here, in the real world

Changing the tires on that probably requires a blood ritual.

lincoln futura

needs suicide doors to get better into the car..
with these normal doors its just stupid.
deathtrap

on most of these you just jack them up, and the suspension drops down

Ford Nucleon, "the atomic powered car"

not just a death trap, it irradiates everything up around it when you total it. gentleman, the 50s, when nuclear was the rage, and you had to "atomic" everything, thats not just a fallout thing.
the airforce tried to build nuclear powered bombers for crying out loud

he knows he fucked up buying this car. he fell for the jetsons meme

GMC L'Universelle

So did Russia, and they had a working model. Too bad that design spewed radiation behind it.

A clean nuclear plane isn't possible due to weight limitations.

and it killed its crew because they just scrapped the heavy shielding to be able to carry a bomb next to the heavy reactor, unlike the murrican version, which was planned to use a indirect engine loop, and segmented shielding adjusted to the different ionizing radiation wavelengths, but in the end it turned out to heavy just with the molten salt reactor and the shielding

>OP is probably the same person posting the actual '50s cars
really makes you think

well, you could build a clean nuclear plane, but it wouldnt be a bomber. just a 4 seater plane sized like a bomber.

Ford C-600 COE

take that tesla and google, they already figured out self driving cars in the 50s

>Hey mom, don't tuck me in this...

the germans were just as funny

General Motors Aerotrain

oh wow, this just hits me like something that could be a fallout train..

>Ford C-600 COE
These are pretty awesome.

ROCKET 69 ROCKET 69

>That part when the guy just lifted him up and turned him around in the middle of traffic

Also is it odd that while i know they are all shit in terms of practicality i still love that futuristic 50-60's stuff?

>not posting best trains

Here is the pitch behind these:

"So we don't have the technology to make them fly right now, but we are definitely trying to make them look like airplanes so you can pretend you are a pilot".

thats the M-497 Black Beetle

if you want to fly you need at least a jet intake.

chevy COE

Fins and jet thrusters is where it's at.

needs more jet thruster

1951 Buick LeSabre

>a fucking plate on the back that says USA

is this for when you literally took flight and flew yourself out of the country so the illegal aliens in other countries knew just what technologically superior country was now putting flying cars into their airspace

Hey Bob