Battle Brothers thread

How do you skill your archers? I'm considering two options, more debuff machine with something like more initiative into overwhelm and crippling strikes, or throwing weapons shenanigans to retain utility against armoured enemies
I used to build them as hybrids, with a 2-tile weapon like a billhookand sufficient melee atk, but that doesn't seem too necessary after the archery buffs- but leaves them not so effective against armour

Is it a full game or is it one of those "we'll add the episodic content and balance things later" type of games?

Full game
They had a roadmap and sticked to it, and it's a solid product by now

Also I have this hedge knight that I don't know what to do with. He'll have insane melee atk, but his mdef seems too poor to turn him into a 2hander or duelist, and making him a shieldbrother seems like a waste. Maybe keep him as dedicated billook/utility bro, with bags n belts and quickhands for nets, maybe crippling strikes, maybe even pumping resolve more and making him into a mini rally bot

Yep, 90 hour with this one and then the game got out of early access.

I usually give them crippling strikes and bullseye. Their objective is to injure the enemy and fuck up their armor before they reach my spear/sheild wall. Dodge if their initiative is high.

Also rotation so I can swap out dying bros in the front line (I give archers shields and daggers as backup weapons)

Then again I only started playing since release so I'm no expert. Maybe my tactics suck.

He'll get bullseye for sure, got to snipe necros and the like. Even after the nerf it's still a decent buff to hitchance on things you have to hit
Crippling strikes does seem useful

I usually outfit my archers with 2 extra quivers and and pole-arm/long axe

get dodge, overwhelm too. get axe mastery as well if you don't want to sub in guys ever time you battle skeles. Fearsome is pretty good too

ALWAYS GET GO FOR THE HEAD
I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH

all my archers carry nets and have fast hands because faggot vampires will hump archers, i pre swap out bows for long axes when fighting undead

Yeah, I think I'll go with high init on this one, he seems predestined for it due to 2 stars
But for regular guys I'm considering throwing mastery still, because you can get some tasty unique weapons for that skill
Pic related, with 40% more damage from the weapon mastery it shreds armour
And to the left is my starting companion archer, he's pretty decent by now

i would be happier to never hit the head,
>fighting orc warrior
>fucking 10 hp
>pull out my sword
>head shot
>head shot

I'm grooming this guy to become a headshotting machine
Too bad his stat rolls kinda sucked

never seen a unique thrown weapon before, but yeah in that case its always fine to build some one just to use a weapon

i found this orc cleaver that does 80-100 damage a swing on a 1 hander, i wonder if its randomized and i once found some sword that had like 70% armor pen

>i found this orc cleaver that does 80-100 damage a swing on a 1 hander
Nice, time to look for an iron lungs guy to turn into a master duelist
I got his guy, but kinda fucked his build up by going for range advantage, initially wanted o turn him into somekind of 2hander/uitility dude with longaxes as backup. But even so, these orc weapons pack a serious punch. I'm looking for an orc flail for my flailmaster

why are you fighting an orc warrior with a sword man
I have two hammermancers that gang up and two-bonk an orc warrior every turn because of headshots

you should get recover and adrenaline on all your melee guys

Recover is pretty gud, yeah, some guys already have it
Adrenaline seems more situational, good on something like a 2handed hammerbro who can move in and stagger 3 people with it. The fatigue cost is pretty high and I often don't really want to be the first to act
I'll build a Geist hunter one of these days, with both these percs and an gobbo pike for maximum range and mobility

I hammer them then i swap to sword when Armour is down, I try to set up my build so every melee guy can take an orc warrior on his own.

adrenalin is OP at the start of the game and lets you run down fleeing enemys or save team mates or yourself. You can actually hit recover then Adrenalin on the same turn even, its a "get out of jail free card" if you have foot work basically

I like adrenaline on my archers so they can consistently fire 3 arrows each turn

Now that fleeing people get put at the end of the round you can usually save them just fine with regular rotation

Don't you mean recover? I get that on my archers too, the fatigue of 3 shots per turn always adds up

Sure, if your guy thats in a good rotation position can take his turn before your enemys. Besides, rotation is a meme skill. Foot work is way better in 90% of situations

how do you fire 3 arrows? what?

>day 1
>recruit a daytaler
>he is asthmatic with 40 melee skill and 20 ranged
>just give him a pitchfork and a linen tunic
>expect and want him die horribly in hoggart fight
>he ends up getting 4 kills and dodging arrows like the chosen one
>day 10
>he still alive and kicking
there is a lategame perk can refund AP on kill once a turn

its always the shiters that survive and the good ones that die, next time give him the sword and board and give the brother you want to last the pitchfork

at this point im thinking of just making him sergeant, he does have some decent resolve and a 2 star talent for it and nigger is earning his bread despite his disability.

It sure is, but it also comes way later in the tree. I take footwork on my backrow and 2handers, and rotation on my shieldbros to save the former

Berserk perk, it's very good
>get greatsword guy in position
>he gets surrounded by little shits, ghouls or something
>doule aoe strike
>whole enemy team routs

Why are greataxe so shit? It's AOE is atrocious .

You can specialize a guy with it, going adrenaline and maybe even lone wolf
>send dude in, trigger adrenaline
>he gets surrounded
>heads fly
But yeah, greatswords and hammers seem better, the former are the kings of aoe and allrounders, the latter wreck armour hard and stagger

>unless you out number your opponents then all your shield guys are already engaged in melee and youre just swaping into more danger

Swapping a panicked 2-hander away from 3 enemies into 1 enemy is better than having him get wrecked by all of them